Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Grinder901
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spacemarine-3.jpg
    treatingmarines.jpg
    09AwqKg.png
    quote-take-me-to-the-brig-i-want-to-see-the-real-marines-chesty-puller-56-17-36.jpg
    Axpgr-jCEAMGgbH_opt.jpg
    image.jpg
    John_Cena_-_The_Marine_premiere.jpg
    Chesty-puller.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

We sure have not had a military or shooter type pinball in recent years. It seems that a manufacturer could get pretty creative with this theme.

#2 8 years ago

I don't think marines want to relive war experiences tbh. It's not a "game".

#3 8 years ago

grease gun and Kabar by my side!

#4 8 years ago

Maybe like call of duty 8 years ago

#5 8 years ago

Chesty-puller.jpgChesty-puller.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Complete HOO and RAH targets to initiate fast scoring and to relight kickback.

#7 8 years ago

Maybe lighten up the theme to more of a "Gomer Pyle" comedy theme?

#8 8 years ago

Chesty Puller multiball...."on the yellow footsteps" skillshot. Semper fi my brothers.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

I don't think marines want to relive war experiences tbh. It's not a "game".

Very few of my marine corps brothers are NOT very proud of their service and they are in the minority. The liberal press has tainted the views of some of the public, don't let them pull the shades over your eyes. Besides, the game does not have to be specific to the mission. A mission can be called "take that hill" or "destroy that bunker" or "kill the suicide bomber", "mortar attack" etc. to be politically correct. It would certainly lend itself to all the new flashing effects that the manufacturers are now using.
    Superheroes and rock bands are kind of used up at this point anyway, and none of the car themes made it big.

#10 8 years ago

You could re-theme a Raven pin and use a Fast boards to add a new rule set.

#11 8 years ago

Starring John Cena

John_Cena_-_The_Marine_premiere.jpgJohn_Cena_-_The_Marine_premiere.jpg

#12 8 years ago

It would have to have callouts from "The Gunny"

image.jpgimage.jpg

Oh and a FUBAR mode.

#13 8 years ago

No disrespect to the men and women who serve in uniform but this isn't a theme I would want.

My brother went to Iraq and it fucked him up something fierce. And we haven't won a war since 1991. No thank you. I don't want to be reminded about awful our foreign policy is and how 5,000 people died during our last wars and we still haven't eradicated terrorism. No thanks.

Themes like F-14 were a success because they happened during a time where our military excursions were mostly casualty free and short. Now we are engaged in an endless war and that's not uplifting it's depressing. F14 also focused on fighter jets which have always been "cool". What would we do now, drone warrior?

Also, culturally there's been several generations since the draft has been in effect. So the shared cultural meme of service is not nearly as strong.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Maybe lighten up the theme to more of a "Gomer Pyle" comedy theme?

Personally I'd rather see a chesty puller feed them cold steel hard core marine pin.

Axpgr-jCEAMGgbH_opt.jpgAxpgr-jCEAMGgbH_opt.jpgquote-take-me-to-the-brig-i-want-to-see-the-real-marines-chesty-puller-56-17-36.jpgquote-take-me-to-the-brig-i-want-to-see-the-real-marines-chesty-puller-56-17-36.jpg

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from MPierce:

You could re-theme a Raven pin and use a Fast boards to add a new rule set.

Gottlieb. At present neither Fast nor P-ROC support Gottlieb machines as plug and play. You'd have to pull wiring harness and add your own driver boards or make timing adapters. At that rate, might as well make a new playfield, since Raven is a real stinker.

Doesn't seem like a great way to say thank you to any of our armed forces. I rethemed a mediocre game to honor your service..?

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

No disrespect to the men and women who serve in uniform but this isn't a theme I would want.

Chances are slim and none anything this cool would happen. I would avoid anything current or political. Stick with Marine legends and the general idea conveyed by
    'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

My brother went to Iraq and it fucked him up something fierce. And we haven't won a war since 1991. No thank you. I don't want to be reminded about awful our foreign policy is and how 5,000 people died during our last wars and we still haven't eradicated terrorism. No thanks.
    Themes like F-14 were a success because they happened during a time where our military excursions were mostly casualty free and short. Now we are engaged in an endless war and that's not uplifting it's depressing. F14 also focused on fighter jets which have always been "cool". What would we do now, drone warrior?
    Also, culturally there's been several generations since the draft has been in effect. So the shared cultural meme of service is not nearly as strong.

Woohoo, another post turned political. So the highly successful fps america's army shouldn't have happened? That's why cod is off the charts popular? Like or not, military themed games are "in".

A side note, I hope your brother got the help he needs and deserves. I have mad respect for our servicemen.

#18 8 years ago

I've got my Marines pinball machine...

#19 8 years ago

09AwqKg.png09AwqKg.pngtreatingmarines.jpgtreatingmarines.jpg

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Woohoo, another post turned political. So the highly successful fps america's army shouldn't have happened? That's why cod is off the charts popular? Like or not, military themed games are "in".
    A side note, I hope your brother got the help he needs and deserves. I have mad respect for our servicemen.

Apparently you missed the "liberal media" comment several post before.

Politics aside, i have nothing but respect for the armed forces

#21 8 years ago

You forgot to also add water. That cures most things except the moleskin problems.

Oh, and please keep the political discussions off the forum.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Apparently you missed the "liberal media" comment several post before.
    Politics aside, i have nothing but respect for the armed forces

You're right I did miss that one sentence. I must have been distracted by the paragraph long political statement following that one. But you're right, neither has a place here; and that doesn't change anything in my post you quoted.

#23 8 years ago

This would be a little better for a pinball theme IMO
    spacemarine-3.jpgspacemarine-3.jpg

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

This would be a little better for a pinball theme IMO
    spacemarine-3.jpg

I'm a Marine and I agree!! Love Space Marines killing orcs. That would make an awesome space adventure pin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heres-a-new-theme-for-pinballmarines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.