• Latest reply 7 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Grand-Prix-Work-12 (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-Work-11 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncle_jose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello guys!

Well, this is sad... I (used to) have a perfectly working Grand Prix and while replacing some bulbs under the play field, the play field fell into my head breaking the 500-point tiny coil (M-29 / 1000) on the right side of the play field, tonight I replaced it and now the machine is (still) mad... very mad, so let me start with the first error.

At start up. I will turn on the machine, everything will be nicely silent but when I press the start button, this happens (video):

The hundred-point score wheel of player 1 will go on and on.. and on.

Any leads on what to look?

Thanks guys!

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for your replies! Yes it seems that something is still bent... somewhere. I'll double check every switch under the play field. One interesting thing though, If I drop down one (or any) of the stand up targets and then power the machine on the targets will go up constantly, meaning that their (4) coils will be firing... rhythmically.

Lee, yes... neighbor! We should get together one of these days!

Thanks again!

~jose

#7 7 years ago

Thanks to all! I will check it out with more light and more patience.

Thanks rofl... as always, so accurate!

Best,

~ja

#8 7 years ago

Ok.. so I'm next to the machine; I went through the switches on the play field and couldn't find anything out of place, so let me describe what is doing right now...

- I will turn on the machine with plenty of credits available
- Press the start button once
- Score wheels will reset Player 1 lit, ball 1 lit.

Then:

Sometimes the machine will start scoring on increments of 100 until I turn it off.

Sometimes (and very few times) the machine will be ready to play (silent), but as soon I manually trigger the top out hole, the coil will be firing until I turn off the machine, the same if I manually drop one of the drop targets, their coils will begin firing non stop until I turn off the machine.

Lastly, while the chimes and coils are firing i will press the start button once, player 2 will lit, then it will lit player 3 and ultimately player 4 by itself.

It seems that whatever coil is being triggered (out hole, drop target, or adding a player) it won't stop.

Man, I -really- love these machines but sometimes I rather hug my crazy dog.

Any idea?

As usual, many thanks for your input!

~ja

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

A brief update, Grand Prix is out of the pits! woohoo!

Thank you very much to all for their helpful input! Yesterday Runbikeskilee stopped by to personally take a look at my issue and in less than 5 minutes he pointed out a 500-point switch contact that was stuck together (above the play field, behind a rubber and under a plastic cover!)

Man...

Seriously, thanks to all and now I'll be working my way onto Wild Dave's pin. (Card Whiz, my other thread)

~ja

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncle_jose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-we-gogrand-prix?tu=uncle_jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.