(Topic ID: 145224)

Comet Pinball's Black Friday FINAL Follow Up ** Shipping Information **

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_2232.jpg
    ace_ventura_package_delivery.png
    20151207_141135.jpg
    480884.jpg
    IMG_20151206_182735591.jpg
    IMGA02581.jpg
    IMGA02551.jpg
    IMGA02542.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Beezle_child.jpg
    basement.jpg
    image.jpeg
    474117-i.png
    5volts_flasher.jpg
    5volts_flasher2.jpg
    WOZ_slippers.jpg
    There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 8 years ago

I wish you could see my face right now....From a generous and sincere,

Thank you, Rob, I appreciate that you notice...all I ever need.

to Beetle-Boob Cranky Pants still searching for a middle finger emoticon and his F&*^&%% ing Order!

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Where the f**k is my order, man???

basement.jpgbasement.jpg

Picture of Beelze as a child...

Beezle child.jpgBeezle child.jpg

#153 8 years ago

Hey Art, Sorry to hear your test got cancelled... that's some shit. Hope all is well!

I can't believe people are giving you a hard time about shipping. I placed an order, and figure it'll be here in time to install stuff over Christmas/New Years. Yeah, LEDs are nice, but people needn't soil their trousers over a couple weeks to put together orders.

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

60% of orders are shipped.

Wow! Your efforts are appreciated. I thank you for doing the sale and giving me an excuse to LED out some of my games. Just a guess on my part, since I ordered late on Friday and haven't yet gotten shipping confirmation (no rush from me, by the way). That might mean you received over half of the orders on the first day of the sale. Care to share the number of orders received over the course of the sale? It might help put things into perspective.

#155 8 years ago

For all those people that are picking on poor Art. If you order within the first 10 minutes of the sale you get your shipment faster. Thanks again Art feel better and as always your gentlemen

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#156 8 years ago

nice. I was in the first 30 minutes or so and my shipment went out on the 1st. Here's to looking forward to over 600 LEDs!

Art, please don't let those others stress you out. I hope all of us who are greatly appreciative of you far outbalance the negativity in your life!

#157 8 years ago

Thank you all for this support...When I was a younger, healthier person...This wouldnt bother me...so I feel a bit guilty about bitching.

Part is joy....not the money....damn Insurance, doctors, and taxes take more then I live on,
    but just seeing games done to ones taste.
    Kinda like driving around and looking at the Christmas lights and decorations.....if everything was the same, it wouldnt be so special.

But mostly, its about getting old, and the Pile of meds they dish out, and facing ones Mortality on a daily basis. Not Fun.
    (Please, I appreciate, but am not looking for any sympathy)

Handling stress at this time is extremely challenging for me, and I just wish to share that a time pressure is about the hardest thing
    when we want all orders right, (We check 3 times before shipping), and doing a good job. It simply takes time.

To answer the volume question, since midnight, Thursday last week, We have had 682 orders.
    An order of 25 packs, goes fast, 4-8 an hour. An order with 2 of each 10 of something, etc, all requires hand counting.
    We help save you money by pre-packaged quantities....like buying a case of beer over individual bottles.
    So a common 4 page hand picked order can take around 1-1/2 hours to fill. 6 of them, and thats all an employee can do in
    8 hour day.
    Thats basically why it takes longer.

We are down to around 240 orders or so to go, and should be able to do 50 or so a day, till we finish.
    Of course, we have some stock qty issues popping up here and there, but a year has been spent on as many efficiency controls
    that we could accomplish, and more yet to do, including pictures with invoices...which the host software has not integrated yet.

Ill try to complain less...just wanting to again say...its all coming. Thankfully only 8 emails this morning, titled, "wheres my order"
    Yesterday was over 40. One reply dose not always work, so I can spend 5-6 hours as I did yesterday, repeating myself, and not helping the Guys, and Gals here.

Thats really it....all is good in the LED world..Pin World...just got to get Doctors to do the work I need....

Thank you again....

Art

#158 8 years ago

Art, have you tried implementing an auto-responder for when you have a high volume of orders like this? And then in that auto-reponse, put a small FAQ in the email (or a link to one on your website) to try to preemptively answer some of the common questions?

#159 8 years ago

This was my first real led order, and I'm one of those that got a mix of 25 packs and some of this with some of that... as such, I just want to say thanks for offering such a great deal. I appreciate your service and no rush on my order. You gave plenty of warning (and even if you didn't, the great deals were enough to make people like me who were on the fence jump on the purchase, giving plenty of warning to us buyers to know that filling orders would take time). Excited to get my order when it comes, but in the meantime, I just wanted to send my thanks.

#160 8 years ago

Quoted from ForceFlow:Art, have you tried implementing an auto-responder for when you have a high volume of orders like this? And then in that auto-reponse, put a small FAQ in the email (or a link to one on your website) to try to preemptively answer some of the common questions?

I did in the past, it only led to phone calls....worse....but you are right, in this case it may have been better.
    I suppose its a bit of my fault....I am happy to help, and wish to be available when needed.

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

This was my first real led order, and I'm one of those that got a mix of 25 packs and some of this with some of that... as such, I just want to say thanks for offering such a great deal. I appreciate your service and no rush on my order. You gave plenty of warning (and even if you didn't, the great deals were enough to make people like me who were on the fence jump on the purchase, giving plenty of warning to us buyers to know that filling orders would take time). Excited to get my order when it comes, but in the meantime, I just wanted to send my thanks.

Truly thank you for your business and your patience!

#162 8 years ago

keep in mind the usps is f'd up. I just got a check for a machine I sold to a guy in VA. He sent it 5 WEEKS AGO. tracking showed it out for delivery 3 WEEKS AGO. bottom line is. set your expectations properly so you don't get all mad 'n shit

#163 8 years ago

I think Art does a hell of a job, you can take as long as you want on my order, great items at great prices. I am 52, and my priorities sure have changed in the last 10 years. 10 years ago, it was push, push, push, make the money. Now it is all about relax, no stress, but still get things done. I have joined the hobby recently and love it. One thing that is nice, most people that do this are of my same age and understand and relate to not wanting stress.

Art, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, and I hope you can enjoy some restful time soon.

#164 8 years ago

Art, first off, hope your health gets better. I'm a little late to the game on this and arcade game forums, only been on a couple of years. I have ordered from Bob Roberts a few times and now from you once. Thanks for your assistance before the sale, and for the great prices. It will suck when great and knowledgeable people like you and Bob R are not doing this anymore. I think anyone rushing you needs to just take a chill pill. You said 2-3 weeks, if you get them done before that awesome, if it takes all that time, oh well, that's what was quoted. If they couldn't wait the advertised time, they should have ordered somewhere else. Thanks for all you do for the hobby, from a very appreciative pinsider.

#165 8 years ago

Received my package today. Thanks again Art!

#166 8 years ago

I wish to share that there is no money that can replace the kindness shown and shared by pinsiders.
    Yes, a few flies in the ointment, but just knowing that I am helping our hobby, and reading a few kind words
    is my fuel, and my passion.

I agree Dantina, there was indeed a good 20-25 years of money being to me the "high score" and the motivation.
    But I wasnt chasing "things"...Im a cheap bastard, I saved.

It is hard to share this with consumption based advertising.
    Especially as it is today.....Yes, an old fart remembers when an ad for laundry detergent meant it got your clothes cleaner.
    Today, if you dont use ABC Cleaner, your a loser and dont get laid!....Sorry no ranting on pinside!

But I think however and whenever you entered this hobby, (I started in at 11, owning my first pin.
    5 or 6 as a player at the Rockaway Beach Boardwalk), there is something magical about reaching to each side of the cabinet,
    pushing those buttons, and looking over a game new to you for the first time. What to do?, where to shoot?, what will happen?

Strange damn addiction, But I Love it!

I feel honored and privileged to be welcomed here, and share this joy with everyone!

(Besides, Im too big a PITA for any pin company to hire me!)

#167 8 years ago

Art, I want to thank you for all that you do. When I placed my order it was pretty clear that it might take a while to receive it. I am fine with however long it takes. I wish you the best.

#168 8 years ago

Mine arrived today! Looking forward to the boy going to bed so I can play with the LED strips. Thanks!

#169 8 years ago

I have a full cart on the website (mostly bags of 25) and a few matrix pieces that I want to play with... I think i'll wait another week to checkout, and give Art a chance to catch up. Nothing in my cart is an emergency!

#170 8 years ago

If it makes you feel better, I forgot that I made an order.... so I haven't missed it at all.

#171 8 years ago

hey art, just want to echo what others have said here... 1st, take care of you and your health, that is most important! 2nd, BF sale was the first order I placed with you, and I did get notice my stuff was on its way, and I appreciate it. (certainly no rush though, when it gets here, it gets here!!)

thanks for the sale, and hope to do business with you again soon buddy!

-T

#172 8 years ago

Order arrived today. 1 week turnaround not bad at all. Now someone get all these people out of my house so I can have some alone time with my games.

#173 8 years ago

28 emails yesterday, only 16 today...."Wheres my Bulbs!"

#174 8 years ago

I hadn't received a shipping notice on my $300+ order, but I know Art will get it shipped.

#175 8 years ago

Yup, trying to have a day off for the first time in 3 weeks!
    Back at it bright and early Monday....Battery recharging is so important!

#176 8 years ago

Your health comes 1st Art...my LED order can wait.

#177 8 years ago

Oh thank you...I didnt take it any other way. I appreciate that Indy.

Well get another 50-75 done on Monday, same the next day, and with a little luck we can finish,
    If not, a day or two longer, All will get shipped, and I am taking 2 weeks off to play pins, fix pins, LED pins, shaker motors...
    No...Ill rest more..

#178 8 years ago

Doesn't sound like much rest to me....

I'm in no hurry at all Art.

#179 8 years ago

I hope this doesn't happen to any of your orders Art, this is a BF order of double spot lights.

IMGA02542.jpgIMGA02542.jpg
    IMGA02551.jpgIMGA02551.jpg
    IMGA02581.jpgIMGA02581.jpg

#180 8 years ago

dayum!

#181 8 years ago

Yikes!

Yes, I think in the hurried world of Postal workers... and est. 600 million pieces a day for the holidays, stuff will happen!
    Sorry it happened to you, Paul.

Dont get me wrong...I love working, creating, and helping....but ill be honest, pulling bulbs is not that much fun.
    So I see the order, maybe I know the customer from email, or who they are on pinside, and what game they might be doing
    by guessing based on the bulbs in the order...thats kinda fun!
    Other times I just cant figure it out.

But I always feel like Santa Claus when I see the sack of boxes, and how much joy is coming, because
    I just love cleaning up a game, throwing on Some Titan Rubbers, cleaning the inserts and plastics, putting in the lights,
    and finishing with a waxed playfield! Magic!

Now, I am excited to add Matrix stuff to games I thought were finished. Some back boxes are getting more lights, scoops, and some tricks. Tommy air plane is getting some neat affects inside, and Im working on the next round of products for this series.

A sickness, I tell you...but thanks for joining me, because along with the Christmas Tree Lit up, I flip on the pins in my living room
    and its just lights everywhere!!!!!

Cant ask more then the joy and love of the family, and the Holiday Spirit of Pinball!

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope this doesn't happen to any of your orders Art, this is a BF order of double spot lights.
    IMGA02542.jpg
    IMGA02551.jpg
    IMGA02581.jpg

That looks like an orc ate the box, shat it out, and threw it in the sea!

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

IMGA02542.jpg
    IMGA02551.jpg
    IMGA02581.jpg

and the peanut packing inside was reduced to powder.

#184 8 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Your health comes 1st Art...my LED order can wait.

X 2 same for me Art but I do want to say THANK YOU ART love ya man

#185 8 years ago

I am just catching up on this thread and I can't believe what happened. First of all Art was nice enough to provide a great deal for everyone. Then from the start people did not understand (or read his directions) about ordering from the sale page and the discount would show in the cart. So he was up all night fixing orders. And how many people changed order or added to orders . Then if I remember correctly he ran the Black Friday sale until midnight Monday.

"Monday", as in a few day back, as not even a week yet! He ran a huge sale for 4 days, not even a week has gone by and people have their panties in a bunch? About getting LEDs? This is not your insulin order. I thought most places (including Amazon) tell you how many weeks to expect.

Well Art after this thread I doubt anyone it going to start posting anything negative (except a certain wiseass boob) under risk of getting slammed by the happy 99%.

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Well Art after this thread I doubt anyone it going to start posting anything negative (except a certain wiseass boob) under risk of getting slammed by the happy 99%.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I'm Art's biggest supporter, and he knows it. I'd never complain. I just like to break his balls from time to time...but it's certainly not negative in any way. Don't be starting with me, Tax...my blood pressure's still up from the BS here yesterday (which I'm sure you're aware of...).

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?
    I'm Art's biggest supporter, and he knows it. I'd never complain. I just like to break his balls from time to time...but it's certainly not negative in any way. Don't be starting with me, Tax...my blood pressure's still up from the BS here yesterday (which I'm sure you're aware of...).

That's why I said wiseass. You're just poking him with a stick.

I don't remember, what happened yesterday? Wait, why do I buy in an let you drag another topic off base? Get in the basement.

Edit: Oh that's right. You're pissed that the Hobbit shipped or something stupid

#188 8 years ago

Art- Received my order today installed 4 bulbs to show the "boss" what it will look like, she approves..... lol

In all seriousness Art, thank you and your team for all the hard work!! Get some rest and feel better!! looking forward to doing more with you and your product down the road.

-Jim

#189 8 years ago

Its all good guys....I have no problem with the ribbing....I have no problem with people asking about orders.
    Its only the follow ups, afterward...people get nasty...lets just leave it there.
    Its my pet peeve, and I dont want it to bother you all.
    I speak what I feel out loud, which is both good and bad, and I think from time to time we all vent on the boards.
    No different here...

Kumbaya, Stern updates coming.....Everythings Great! I just bitch and moan sometimes.

#190 8 years ago

My package arrived today (Sunday)... unexpected. Haven't opened it yet, but box looked intact. Thanks again Art!

#191 8 years ago

Mine arrived Saturday. One pin done and 3 more to go!

#192 8 years ago

My package arrived Friday! A day earlier that usps estimated and weeks earlier than I planned for! Thanks Art!!

#193 8 years ago

My package arrived Friday and I've already installed over 500 warm white LEDs (2835) over the weekend! I changed over all my backbox lights to led and did a full conversion on my STTNG. Needless to say I'm hooked and will be ordering more!

IMG_20151206_182735591.jpgIMG_20151206_182735591.jpg

#194 8 years ago

I think Art sent mine to Boobie

#195 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

I think Art sent mine to Boobie

Thanks, Mike! They're awesome in my AFM!!!

#196 8 years ago

This was done with a previous order from Comet, full LED except for the large #89's under the ramps and in the robot area as they were just too bright. Slow color changers in the pops, looks amazing in person.

480884.jpg480884.jpg

I ordered quite a few during the sale to do my Devil's Dare and Mousin Around. I haven't checked on the order to see if they shipped, they will get here when they get here :O)

#197 8 years ago

Woohoo! Thankful for the previously advertised delayed shipping as it allowed me to add to my previous order - Art & Comet ROCK!

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ven:

This was done with a previous order from Comet, full LED except for the large #89's under the ramps and in the robot area as they were just too bright. Slow color changers in the pops, looks amazing in person.
    480884.jpg
    I ordered quite a few during the sale to do my Devil's Dare and Mousin Around. I haven't checked on the order to see if they shipped, they will get here when they get here :O)

On my game, I used 2 SMD fluted bulbs under the slingshots and plastics on the sides.

For the flashers under the ramps, I used flex head bulbs, and turned them away from the player.

Since the bulbs are visible behind the drop targets, I think I used a frosted LED, rather than one of the brighter SMD bulbs--I can't quite remember without looking.

For the feature lamps under the playfield behind the cardboard, I used colored dual flex head bulbs since they were long and rectangular.

Everything else was pretty much 1 SMD bulbs.

Now that the Art released the matrix product line, I was tempted to try and light the upper left area better. Baby Pacman's apron plastics also seem like a good place to use them as well.

#199 8 years ago

Did a huge order right before black fri sale but ordered some more just to top it off . Thax art 20151207_141135.jpg20151207_141135.jpg

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-we-go-comet-pinballs-big-amazing-black-friday-sale/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.