(Topic ID: 145224)

Comet Pinball's Black Friday FINAL Follow Up ** Shipping Information **

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_2232.jpg
    ace_ventura_package_delivery.png
    20151207_141135.jpg
    480884.jpg
    IMG_20151206_182735591.jpg
    IMGA02581.jpg
    IMGA02551.jpg
    IMGA02542.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Beezle_child.jpg
    basement.jpg
    image.jpeg
    474117-i.png
    5volts_flasher.jpg
    5volts_flasher2.jpg
    WOZ_slippers.jpg
    There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 8 years ago

Do u sell kits like Cointaker?

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

They don't sell game specific kits.

They do sell a couple different general LED kits that should cover most games.

#103 8 years ago

I simply bought a crapload of Sunlight bulbs (twin 2835) to outfit 3 1/2 games. They work great generally and if I want to add some color or color match something later I'll buy a few more.

Art, btw, for those of us who ordered on Black Friday, do you have an estimated time when you will ship those orders out?

Thanks,

Darin

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Slim is correct.

Depending on whether you are doing 1 Stern, 1 bally Williams or more then one game, we offer two kits.

The Starter Kit is 150 of the same 1 SMD 5050 bulbs for $99 with Free shipping.
    It does a good job of completing newer Sterns, (No back Box lights in Sterns), with a few extra.
    Sometimes, when doing a Stern, and more often a B/W, you may need a small follow up order under $20.

Our master Kits come in 2 Brightness, A 1 SMD 5050, and the Newer, Brighter Twin 2835.
    These are $149, and $159, but you receive 250 Bulbs! Enough to do an average 1-1/2 B/W, or close to Two Sterns!
    More then enough for 1 game, with full freedom to create the look you want.
    This comes with two 7 SMD Strips.

I recommend the twin 2835 in Frosted Sunlight, or 1 SMD, as the easiest, most flexible color.

Art

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I simply bought a crapload of Sunlight bulbs (twin 2835) to outfit 3 1/2 games. They work great generally and if I want to add some color or color match something later I'll buy a few more.
    Art, btw, for those of us who ordered on Black Friday, do you have an estimated time when you will ship those orders out?
    Thanks,
    Darin

From a previous post by Art in this thread, looks like 10-16 days.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

we do have extra staff on hand, and all are working extra hours.
    The amount of orders is a bit daunting,
    We expect to complete all orders in 14-16 days.
    If we get lucky...10-12.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, the sale ended at Midnight...all done.
    Regarding Flashers, some are polarized, meaning reversed wires.
    If you wish to send me a PM with the stock number, I can review.
    If you wish to test, and have a set of Alligator clips, put an incandescent back in, set to test, and use your wires in both directions,
    to check that. Usually the case. Or try in a different game....
    Some bulbs we have depending on color in a batch are polarized...
    Just LMK..

As a note for all, if you get 89 flashers that are polarized they may simply not work in B/W games, its a toss up. Of course try them. But it seems in nearly all Stern games you may be just fine because of the direction they wired the sockets in.

#107 8 years ago

Art,
    How many times will you answer the same questions before you blow your lid from a lack of sleep?

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Art,
    How many times will you answer the same questions before you blow your lid from a lack of sleep?

Thank you for noticing!

I am staying heavily medicated for tests tomorrow...and the emails!

#109 8 years ago

Hi Art. I didn't order from you now because I'm too busy, and you're way too busy, but I know where you are and I don't need a sale to get bulbs. I'm just posting here (instead of emailing, since you have hundreds of thousands of those) to tell you to stop answering emails and sitting around on Pinside and GET SOME FREAKING REST FOR YOUR TESTS! You've got an office full of people, let them handle it.

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

GET SOME FREAKING REST

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks for checking.
    If you PM me before your next order, all stock is converting to non polarized.

What style? Im so messed up right now, I guess Ill say, Thank you.
    Besides, anything I screw up I blame on Beelzeboobie

hahaha...you said boobie...hahaha

#112 8 years ago

Resting now....Thanks!....

...pAuL!

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Besides, anything I screw up I blame on Beelzeboobie

Now what the hell have I been summoned from the basement for?

Good luck with your test, Art!

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now what the hell have I been summoned from the basement for?

Oh, your famous around my house....I dont think a day goes by...your our favorite Phantom!

Who broke the remote?......Beelzeboob did.
    Time to bring in the trash can.....Ask Beelze
    Who drank the last Yoohoo, dammit!....Boob did it.

#115 8 years ago

I got notice that my order shipped.
    I ordered early --- when the sale started.
    Thanks again, Art.

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Resting now....Thanks!....
    ...pAuL!

Get your rest buddy we need you healthy for Pintastic in July!

#117 8 years ago

yep. looks like my order has shipped too! Thanks!

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, your famous around my house....I dont think a day goes by...your our favorite Phantom!
    Who broke the remote?......Beelzeboob did.
    Time to bring in the trash can.....Ask Beelze
    Who drank the last Yoohoo, dammit!....Boob did it.

at our house it damnit. damnit did it...

#119 8 years ago

Lots of well wishing PMs, thank you.

Went this morning and they cancelled me, and rescheduled.....6 weeks with this BS...no fun in the world of healthcare and insurance...
    (and it was no better 10 years ago either!)

#120 8 years ago

sigh... that would frustrate the sh1t out of me...

#121 8 years ago

good grief!!! what ya got to do....drop dead first before they take care of you! That sucks! Anyway you are close, stop by and play some pinball! de-stress yourself!

#122 8 years ago

Indeed tough times here in the body...Thank you for the well wishes and PMs

I am hoping I can reach as many people here as possible with some shipping information.

We have been back at work since Monday, that is 3 days, with extra staff and hours, working till
    Midnight. We had requested in our ad, and in many places, a 1-3 week delivery period.
    I am pleased to say, I believe we can complete in 2 weeks, meaning by the end of next Thursday,
    We hope to have all Sale orders shipped....at least this is our goal.

Sadly, and especially with my health, I am being overrun with emails, of all sorts that this delivery period is unacceptable.
    Certainly, we understand that every order and every customer is important and appreciated.
    However, we simply cant work any harder, or move your order ahead of another, or respond correctly to email threats
    of negative posting unless we ship faster.
    I honestly, and sincerely ask for your patience and understanding, that if we offer a sale, of epic prices, that you might respect
    this value and the volume of orders we have received.

If for any reason, you simply cant wait, and wish to cancel, I do understand and feel bad that some LEDs would cause such stress
    as to email in this manner.

Please hang in there...we are doing our best, and would like to continue to do so.

Thank you.

Art

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am hoping I can reach as many people here as possible with some shipping information.
    We have been back at work since Monday, that is 3 days, with extra staff and hours, working till
    Midnight. We had requested in our ad, and in many places, a 1-3 week delivery period.
    I am pleased to say, I believe we can complete in 2 weeks, meaning by the end of next Thursday,
    Sadly, and especially with my health, I am being overrun with emails, of all sorts that this delivery period is unacceptable.
    Certainly, we understand that every order and every customer is important and appreciated.
    However, we simply cant work any harder, or move your order ahead of another, or respond correctly to email threats
    I honestly, and sincerely ask for your patience and understanding, that if we offer a sale, of epic prices, that you might respect
    If for any reason, you simply cant wait, and wish to cancel, I do understand and feel bad that some LEDs would cause such stress
    Please hang in there...we are doing our best, and would like to continue to do so.
    Thank you.
    Art

Really? People are giving you shit because you haven't been able to ship their itty bitty LEDs yet? For realz? I have two words about them for you, Art: Douche. Bags. Keep the faith, brother, and I hope to see you in Texas.

#124 8 years ago

Yup, a joy to wake up to 14 emails this morning....just asking for patience.....
    Dont know if Ill offer a sale again...

#125 8 years ago

If anyone wants to cancel their order, just have Art bill me and send it my way. His prices are the best in the business, and sale prices were the best Black Friday deal this year. I can't believe people hassle you over a couple weeks delivery time My pinball machines are going to burn up unless they have LEDs TOMORROW!!!

#126 8 years ago

I got my shipment notification on December 1, and the bulbs are in transit! Your efforts are appreciated, Art!

Rob
    creditdotpinball.com

#127 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank you.
    Art

Wow, really? Some people have no patience whatsoever....

Thanks for all you do Art. Take it easy, and try not to stress out about things too much.

If anyone bugs you about shipping times, just show them this and explain that it's why things were delayed:

#128 8 years ago

Im a bit punchy, and my apologies for that...Its more medical then anything....Its just so hard to keep answering emails that
    I receive saying the same thing, and then getting argued with or threatened.
    Sad that money makes people behave this way.
    My favorite, I can share, is "Why cant you ship like Amazon?"....Ill have an Amazon story later for the basement,
    but if I personally was bigger then Walmart and worth 60 Billion dollars, I think I could meet that request.

I am hoping not to blow this open as my postal nemesis will chime in that I am grandstanding...its more so that if others
    read this, they may know we are working insane hours...14-16 hour days to reach our goals.

1 more week...just bare with us.....

#129 8 years ago

I didn't place a sale order because I'm no where near that stage in my Stellar Wars restoration, but it's just beyond frustrating to see people expecting a small specialty business to have the same turn around time as Amazon. I would gladly wait for the products Comet has without expecting all of the above-and-beyond effort and time they have been putting in.

#130 8 years ago

Well, we have all learned there are losers out there in the pinball community. Its a shame we cannot black-ball them from this site.

Art, keep up the great work! If I lived in FLA, I would be over helping you free of charge.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

threats of negative posting unless we ship faster.

Delete...

So, that thread goes:

Boo hoo, I can't read, and now I'm waiting on my LEDs longer than I wanted to. v150 ^3 -147
    10 pages of people sticking up for Art.

#132 8 years ago

I'm positive the site said it would take a while to ship just like last year. This might be a good or bad thing because so far I've made 1 add-on order and probably will again.

Ironic the reason these less patient people ordered is the same reason there's a delay. Amazing pricing creates astounding demand. There's definitely a correlation.

Art, If you want to bump me to the bottom of the list to service your less patient customers first I'm good with that. Having said that I can't wait to play with Matrix that I ordered a lot of that wasn't on sale...

Maybe next year give people the option to get bumped to the bottom of the list if your online store allows for it. Perhaps it's a different shipping method or something. Not sure if an incentive would be required but I probably would have selected delayed delivery to help keep you sane and interested in staying in business. For me I just now got back in town since I stayed in Florida after free play for an additional week and a half. It was good catching up with you at Free Play by the way.

#133 8 years ago

Blacklist the A-holes and ban from ordering, you do have the ability to refuse service to anyone, its your business!

Bob Roberts used to have a page of shame.

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

respond correctly to email threats

You have got to be kidding me....THREATS!! Who are those ASS HATS!! Freakin JERKS!!

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

DON'T do that Art....just put those shit heads on a black list.....yes I said BLACK LIST.

#136 8 years ago

Never underestimate the power of public shaming. That'll clear up any douchebaggery.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#137 8 years ago

Art- Hang tough- You are doing great and your health comes first!! You are a great asset to us!!

Thanks for your help in the past and look forward to you being around for a long time to come.

-Jim

#138 8 years ago

That sucks Art. Sounds like you're taking the high road, direct them back to the CLEAR statement right in the sale notice that shipping will take 10-16 days, and politely offer to cancel their order if that's not satisfactory. But there'd probably be some personal satisfaction in blacklisting them ...

#139 8 years ago

Thank you all. We do have a Gold Star List...Id rather think about all the great support and friendships made.

If I may ask, lets just let this post and thread be about just some patience needed.
    I really did not mean to stir up negative emotions.

I think its really more about people just not reading, and I was hoping to reach them with my post.

My apologies if I have offended anyone, again, not my intent.

Just hang in there...the office is floor to ceiling with boxes and bulbs, and I want to move to a Holiday Week off for Family and Pinball,
    (and rest) and get back on track with all the neat stuff coming thats on my desk.

Shit just takes time.

#140 8 years ago

Art, you have my sympathy. People could complain the same way about Spooky taking a year to ship their AMH but Spooky was clear they are only building x of them a month. In the same way, you explicitly stated shipping could take 3 weeks, so anyone who expected shipment in 3 days is either delusional or ill tempered, nothing you can fix, just be patient.

#141 8 years ago

I made my order, waiting patiently for you to send them art! no hurry whatsoever, when they get here.... they get here. And I am just as damn important as anybody on this thread!

#142 8 years ago

Reading through the hassles you are receiving because you offered up discounts on your already deeply discounted products brings to mind a Seinfeld Episode. "You want it when?, No LEDs for you!"

Hang in there Art!

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

And I am just as damn important as anybody on this thread!

Says you.

#144 8 years ago

edit...sorry cranky, grumpy, and in pain.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yup, a joy to wake up to 14 emails this morning....just asking for patience.....

Wonderful... a few impatient individuals ruin it for everyone... Not sure why I am surprised.

#146 8 years ago

It's tough to please everyone; I own my own small business and know from experience.

As a side note my wife ordered some battery's through Amazon on 11/16 and received them today 12/3; so the comparison only shows how much better your business is.

I also have placed an order and am fine when it arrives.

#147 8 years ago

My order should be here tomorrow but id be happy if it was a few weeks which I was expecting. . I cant believe how rude people can be sometimes.... Your just a small company that had a amazing sale and im sure u had a crazy amount of orders. Unbelievable what some people expect sometimes. Man this makes me mad the way our society has become .

#148 8 years ago

Time for Amazon Yesterday!

Finished this week. 60% of orders are shipped.
    On Target to Finish by Next Thursday.

Thank you all for your patience.

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Time for Amazon Yesterday!
    » YouTube video
    Finished this week. 60% of orders are shipped.
    On Target to Finish by Next Thursday.
    Thank you all for your patience.

Where the f**k is my order, man???

#150 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Art, your one of the best guys around. You always come across so nice and helpful in your posts to me. I believe you have the best selection and prices on LED's of anyone. You're continually innovating and bringing new products to the community. If you don't offer a sale again that's OK with me, your prices are already great. I just hope that you do what's right for YOU.

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-we-go-comet-pinballs-big-amazing-black-friday-sale/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.