6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181204_112404 (resized).jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Except this time it just might be warranted. Maiden is the best new pin I've played in years, Elwin did an amazing job on this. If I were a Maiden fan I'd really be gushing like a school girl about it... If you have not had the chance to play Iron Maiden, find one and bring lots of quarters! Not the typical layout, great art, some easy and many tricky shots to make, great tunes (if you like Maiden), cool multi ball modes, nice lighting--just really fun to play! This one should stay in the top five for the foreseeable future.

#2 6 years ago

Cannot wait to try it out myself soon. Looks amazing.

#3 6 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the game. Got to play it Saturday night. First new Stern in years that I can say I would want.

#4 6 years ago

Matesamo, I think you'll be amazed, or at least surprised by how fun this pin is as I was. Maiden fans can't believe their good fortune to have actually had their game made, then as an added bonus how cool it is and how creative the design is. Some of the super quick loops and tricky tight shots Elwin put in are so cool, as is the easy up the middle ramp shot. The artwork is an Eddie overload, but it works. Yeti made a good decision to make the art about Eddie instead of duping in some lame photos of the band. Very cool!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the game. Got to play it Saturday night. First new Stern in years that I can say I would want.

I was also very surprised and liked it so much I put a deposit down on a Pro. I had no expectation of liking this game, much less liking it so much I ordered one...

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I was also very surprised and liked it so much I put a deposit down on a Pro. I had no expectation of liking this game, much less liking it so much I ordered one...

Will be interesting to see what the Premiums looks like.

#7 6 years ago

Pretty compelling to see people love it who aren't even IM fans!

#9 6 years ago

TL, have you played this yet? I am as sceptical as you about new releases having their 15 minutes, but this one really does live up to the hype, and I don't think the shine will fade in a month or two like it always does (and I'm not a fan, this is just a great game). If you have played it and disagree, I also can respect that

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

TL, have you played this yet?
If you have played it and disagree, I also can respect that

I own one

It's a cool game and will probably get better...but ranking anything as an all time great right away is a mistake. Come on man you know that!

EDIT: Like right now, I don't think it's as good as SW but it just rolled in this weekend so only time will tell.

#11 6 years ago

It's been out for 10 days, therefore, it HAS to be the best pin ever. Simple math!

#12 6 years ago

Now what is next. Ramstein!

#13 6 years ago

The best part of playing iron maiden at MCG is I got to play a lot but didn't have to listen to a single second of the audio since it was drowned out. It plays well, it looks as cool at it can under licensing restrictions (older style art would have been way better), IM music is worse than nails on a chalk board 99% of the time.

#14 6 years ago

Glad I like Maiden, oh and Eddie has been and will be one of the most iconic mascots of metal pretty much ever.

Seems like a good time to start this pinball collecting thing.

#15 6 years ago

I missed playing the game this week at ayci Gogi in Los Angeles, at our league.

But I will be there in the next couple weeks playing. So nice to have so many great pinballs being produced.

It's pretty dang cool to see iron maiden get a suitable pin made of thier band.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's been out for 10 days, therefore, it HAS to be the best pin ever. Simple math!

Iron Maiden is the second coming of pinball, nothing bad shall be said about it or you will be smited from the pinball Gods above living on top of Mount Multiball. Everything about it is amazing, the music is the greatest, and omg the flow. No toys on pro someone said? Smited!

Lol

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The best part of playing iron maiden at MCG is I got to play a lot but didn't have to listen to a single second of the audio since it was drowned out....

I'm playing it at a 1 volume (family) and it hasn't bugged me yet. I'll get in there and see if I can raise the overall volume/effects/call outs and leave the music down. Strangely at a 1 a lot of the time it sounds like Dio is singing. This is of course not ideal, but much better than the real thing.

#18 6 years ago

Price drop alert!!!! Indiana Jones drops out of the top 10 with the new #1....prices gonna fall out on it. If you own it, better sell now!

#19 6 years ago

I have yet to play this pin, but I'll surprised if it's better than Metallica. Pleasantly surprised.

#20 6 years ago

It's fun, played a bunch of games at MGC but I would never get rid of my Met Pro for it.

#21 6 years ago

I watched 2 hours of gameplay video and realized:
1) I knew all of ZERO Iron Maiden songs
2) the game is incredible
3) LE $10k by Christmas
4) I'm bitter Elwin didn't get Star Wars

#22 6 years ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation debuted at #1 as well, and has settled down to #18.

Also it is interesting that the preliminary reviews are in for the Pro, but when the LE eventually comes out the code will even be more mature and chances are will rate higher.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

...but when the LE eventually comes out the code will even be more mature and chances are will rate higher.

LE's always rate higher becasue people spend more monies on their LEs.

#24 6 years ago

Resistance is futile..

Tried to deny is myself, but just looking at the art, the gameplay footage, the joy people express over it.. winner!

Didnt want one i once said.. now it cant be here soon enough

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I watched 2 hours of gameplay video and realized:
1) I knew all of ZERO Iron Maiden songs
2) the game is incredible
3) LE $10k by Christmas
4) I'm bitter Elwin didn't get Star Wars

1). Not my favorite band, but no denying they are great musicians.
2). Yes it is
3). Maybe more
4). Star Wars would have been so cool, I would have bought one immediately (and so would a lot more people)

#26 6 years ago

The way I see it. No question it looks awesome and I haven't come close to playing it. No idea on the music but probably not my cup of tea, however I didn't know any Metallica songs and have grown to like the music and liked the gameplay.

Conclusion: Sadly, Sadly, Sadly, this will be prohibited in my household. Added to prohibited list with TWD, BSD and AC/DC.
Why? The artwork will scare the young grandkids and anything with the devil/ hell is not acceptable per the family.
The grandkids stay away from Hobbit and LOTR with Gullum. They are good with Sparky. Congrats to the rest of you though.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

3) LE $10k by Christmas

Since its already almost 9k to start out, its not too much a stretch at this point. We're going to have to update that phrase to 15k by Christmas to get the same impact.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I own one
It's a cool game and will probably get better...but ranking anything as an all time great right away is a mistake. Come on man you know that!
EDIT: Like right now, I don't think it's as good as SW but it just rolled in this weekend so only time will tell.

TL, I do know that but I think once you get into a groove on Maiden it will become apparent that SW is not in the same zip code. Were the layouts reversed, I'd be buying Star Wars--I think Elwin did a fabulous job on the rules (with more to come) and on the layout, which is inspired.

Also note I equivocated a little on my fanboy boast (well, if I liked Maiden it would be, but I am now a huge Elwin fan) I only claim this should wind up being a top five game for quite some time--we'll see

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

1). Not my favorite band, but no denying they are great musicians.

Yeah, no diss to the music in my statement, it all felt like a GREAT high energy pinball soundtrack.

#30 6 years ago

If I go to the movies, and I leave entertained, happy, and intrigued, I consider that a good movie.
If I cant stop thinking about it a week later, I feel it was a damn good movie.

Iron Maiden, did exactly this for me...I cant shake it, and will go and play more!
Its been a while since a pin has done that to me.....

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Yeah, no diss to the music in my statement, it all felt like a GREAT high energy pinball soundtrack.

No diss taken I was just making a general observation that even if you don't particularly like IM, there is no denying they are excellent musicians. I've no idea of how they have played with such intensity for the length of time that they have. I have a huge amount of respect for their drummer. How he can do that one night, much less every night is impressive.

#32 6 years ago

It's a decent pin. But not the best pin ever made by a long shot. Maybe top 20 if you are being realistic.

#33 6 years ago

What is the Iron Maiden machine acronym? IM is already taken...

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

IMDN

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What about all the games with SS as an acronym?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

What about all the games with SS as an acronym?

Someone needs to freshen up the acronym list.

#37 6 years ago

A more legitimate pinball website has Twilight Zone as #1. I guess that means nobody really knows what's going on.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

#38 5 years ago

Ahh, well...so much for bold predictions. Still in the top five in the second week, but just barely. Once the LE hits, that should bump things back up...the more you pay the higher you rate

#39 5 years ago

Iron Maiden looks seriously cool. I have not been interested in any recent Stern for ages, and I can't wait to play this one...

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Once the LE hits, that should bump things back up...the more you pay the higher you rate

Well LEs will all be 10 from owners the same day they get it
Which will be countered by people thinking it's rated too high and lowballing it.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Ahh, well...so much for bold predictions. Still in the top five in the second week, but just barely. Once the LE hits, that should bump things back up...the more you pay the higher you rate

And pretty cool that IMDN is the cheapest of that top 5.

#42 5 years ago

Once the LE reviews hit, don't forget to star all the 10/10 reviews and flag anything under 9. Protect your investment folks. Criticism hurts the pinball economy.

#43 5 years ago

I played the pro at Cactus Jacks for about 2.5 hours. Other than all of the songs sounding about the same, I liked it. Really, really liked it! Has fun ramp shot up the middle. The upper right flipper has a sweet TZ/WW/TS combined feeling to it. The gals voiceover is really well done and helps tell you what to hit. I couldn’t walk away from it.

When I got to Cactus Jacks, I first found/played TNA about 10 games and I was really digging TNA lights and sounds and action. Then I saw Iron Maiden. When I went back to TNA, I immediately wanted to just go back to Maiden. I swore I’d never buy a NIB pinball....then Iron Maiden came along....

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I played the pro at Cactus Jacks for about 2.5 hours. Other than all of the songs sounding about the same, I liked it. Really, really liked it! Has fun ramp shot up the middle. The upper right flipper has a sweet TZ/WW/TS combined feeling to it. The gals voiceover is really well done and helps tell you what to hit. I couldn’t walk away from it.
When I got to Cactus Jacks, I first found/played TNA about 10 games and I was really digging TNA lights and sounds and action. Then I saw Iron Maiden. When I went back to TNA, I immediately wanted to just go back to Maiden. I swore I’d never buy a NIB pinball....then Iron Maiden came along....

I also told myself I'd never go NIB and had the exact same experience between TNA and Maiden, once I played Maiden I never had any desire to go back to TNA. Hopefully you have more willpower than I do--I caved and ordered one!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

The way I see it. No question it looks awesome and I haven't come close to playing it. No idea on the music but probably not my cup of tea, however I didn't know any Metallica songs and have grown to like the music and liked the gameplay.
Conclusion: Sadly, Sadly, Sadly, this will be prohibited in my household. Added to prohibited list with TWD, BSD and AC/DC.
Why? The artwork will scare the young grandkids and anything with the devil/ hell is not acceptable per the family.
The grandkids stay away from Hobbit and LOTR with Gullum. They are good with Sparky. Congrats to the rest of you though.

??

You know Metallica has an album called Kill Em' All...Puzzled that you would be okay with Met and not IM.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Yes, I'll give it an 11

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I also told myself I'd never go NIB and had the exact same experience between TNA and Maiden, once I played Maiden I never had any desire to go back to TNA. Hopefully you have more willpower than I do--I caved and ordered one!

I’m waiting to see the Premium features and looks....then I’ll probably cave, too. Haha! I have up to 3 games I could sell to fund it...

#48 5 years ago

I think I panicked too soon, the Pros are still steamrolling in with great reviews. The LE's are about to hit the market any day, then things will really go off!

#49 5 years ago

I played a pro for the first time last weekend.

First game was kinda short as I got a feel for it and sized up the shots.

Second game was what seemed like a never ending multi ball scorefest that I finally just backed down on because another guy was waiting to possibly buy it, but managed to put my initials up anyway.

That center ramp shot kinda reminded me of Big Hurt, except without the moving glove.

So my takeaway from it is it has the potential to be a top rated game if it is rated by how easy it is and how cheesy a theme can be. But hey, this is pinside after all, so give the people what they want!

#50 5 years ago

Easy-cheesy? Come on now, o-din--if this was Judas Priest instead of Maiden you'd be loving it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-we-go-again-with-a-new-1?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.