(Topic ID: 243824)

Here we go again PayPal friends n family

By tp

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Here we go again PayPal friends n family”

• Yes 21 votes
      16%
    • No 70 votes
      55%
    • I'd do it 37 votes
      29%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago

I use paypal all the time. To buy and sell. Not sure why everyone hates it so much. Never had a problem.

#97 4 years ago

I've been using PayPal since it started I don't understand all this talk about having accounts Frozen and reversing charges what exactly are you guys doing is causing your account to be frozen there always seems to be that little bit of lack of information

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

You follow all rules to a T. The buyer sees a blemish or a scratch

Do a better job describing what your selling. List everything good and bad. If there was a scratch somewhere, whether it can be seen or not when installed, it should have been mentioned.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

The buyer filed a claim with PayPal that they never received the package.

I supposed there's not much you can do about someone saying they didn't receive the item. I had a playfield shipped to me and it said delivered and never was, ended up at my neighbor's house down the road from me. Went to the post office and raised hell only to find out that a new delivery guy got the address mixed up. Pain in the ass but it worked out for me, thank god. Can't hardly blame that on the seller, if the post office delivers it somewhere else.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Unfortunately it doesn't matter - the buyer can just claim anything is wrong and PayPal will typically decide claims in their favor

Well if that's the case... then that a shame. I just have never had any of these issue come up. Maybe I am lucky. Hopefully it stays that way.

Just bought another playfield from a fellow pinsider who is in the Netherland. Used paypal, I have a tracking number and everything seems good so far, so we'll see what happens. I'm more worried about it getting damaged in the trip.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

otherwise cash on the glass.

That's hard to do if the item is hundreds or thousands of miles away and you really need it or want it.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

There are other alternatives than Paypal.

I am sure that is true, but how many accounts does a guy have to have to deal with folks on line?

#111 4 years ago

I feel bad for the people that have had a bad experience with paypal. It's just too bad that some folks take advantage of others. I guess that's the way it is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-we-go-again-paypal-friends-n-family?tu=timab2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.