(Topic ID: 243824)

Here we go again PayPal friends n family

By tp

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Here we go again PayPal friends n family”

• Yes 21 votes
      16%
    • No 70 votes
      55%
    • I'd do it 37 votes
      29%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

What's wrong with Zelle?

Zelle is great, I use it all the time to make various payments because they can't be reversed. It's main limit is how much you can do per day. If you add someone new then you can generally only send them $500 per day for a while. Eventually that bumps up, but it's still capped typically at around $2500 per day.

Regarding Paypal I'll say only one thing, if I ever wanted to rip off Pinsiders I'd use Paypal because it's just that easy, even with friends and family. I use paypal all the time for < $100 amounts. For large amounts you are basically asking to be ripped off. You call.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The point I'm making is you could have a hollywood film of your game , and if the buyer is not having a good day and something so minuscule sets them off, they can file a claim with PayPal and you must bow to them...

It's actually even worse than that. I sold a phone on ebay, the buyer used it for a month, decided he didn't want it anymore, made a fake claim with paypal and got his money back. When he sent me the phone back it was very visibly worn and damaged. I submitted pictures of it in a counter claim with paypal saying the phone is now worthless because he ruined it and paypal didn't care, they literally told me "These things happen" and ruled against me. So with paypal a buyer can take your item, use it, ruin it, and send you back a now less valuable item and there is zero you can do about it.

2 weeks later
    #143 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Yeah, but it is a hell of a lot easier to rip someone off with a PayPal than counterfeit money, the other methods you mentioned, or even physically stealing. I could literally buy a machine tonight, then open a B.S. dispute and get my money back. It is very low risk. The only chance you take in this scam is you might get stuck with the machine you bought for the price you paid. I don't think there is an easier way out there to steal.

Yup, plus if someone did go to the extreme of counterfeit cash they would still have to face you in person to pull it off whereas with paypal someone can rip you off easily from anywhere in the world with nothing more than a keyboard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-we-go-again-paypal-friends-n-family?tu=reality_studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.