(Topic ID: 243824)

Here we go again PayPal friends n family

By tp

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Here we go again PayPal friends n family”

• Yes 21 votes
      16%
    • No 70 votes
      55%
    • I'd do it 37 votes
      29%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

So I'll cut straight to the chase. Verified pinsider wants to pick up a machine tomorrow memorial day. When he's here he wants to pay me via paypal friends and family. He's verified and has 3 great reviews(100%positive) on pinside sales. Been a member since 2014 but no forum posts. Feel free to chime in and if your that pinsider even better. My question. Anyway for me to get screwed?

Yes, you are still subject to a credit card charge back. Take a deposit via PayPal to hold the game until Tuesday. Get the full amount in cash and refund the deposit via PayPal.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

From what I have seen , you sold a game or part. You describe it well and many pictures sent. You follow all rules to a T. The buyer sees a blemish or a scratch ( lets say it was under where the legs go and would be covered up.) Buyer raises to stink with paypal, and paypal will then come for you....

Pretty much. They buyer doesn't even have to prove anything usually. The last time I used PayPal to take money was an eBay auction for a videogame console. I sent it tracked and insured and took pictures of me packing the item in various stages with the buyers address on the package. The buyer filed a claim with PayPal that they never received the package. PayPal froze my account (and money) while they did an "investigation" in which I provided the tracking number (showing delivered), the post office receipt for the insurance, and the pictures and the buyer provided a claim he never received it and nothing else. Guess who got their money back? That was the last time I used PayPal and never will again.

Having a buyer sign something doesn't help. It's not a legal document. You can ask me to sign a piece of paper that says "I give you my house for free!" but the second I want my house back good luck getting it to hold up in court.

If anyone wants to use PayPal that's fine, but I won't and that should also be fine.

#101 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Do a better job describing what your selling. List everything good and bad. If there was a scratch somewhere, whether it can be seen or not when installed, it should have been mentioned.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter - the buyer can just claim anything is wrong and PayPal will typically decide claims in their favor. You could write 100 pages on a pinball machine's condition and still lose the case.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I supposed there's not much you can do about someone saying they didn't receive the item. I had a playfield shipped to me and it said delivered and never was, ended up at my neighbor's house down the road from me. Went to the post office and raised hell only to find out that a new delivery guy got the address mixed up. Pain in the ass but it worked out for me, thank god. Can't hardly blame that on the seller, if the post office delivers it somewhere else.

Totally agree on not blaming the other person if it is a TRUE mistake, but it doesn't seem fair for PayPal to blame me either right? Especially when I actually provided some documentation to support my side of the case.

Quoted from timab2000:

Well if that's the case... then that a shame. I just have never had any of these issue come up. Maybe I am lucky. Hopefully it stays that way.
    Just bought another playfield from a fellow pinsider who is in the Netherland. Used paypal, I have a tracking number and everything seems good so far, so we'll see what happens. I'm more worried about it getting damaged in the trip.

Also agree. I am sure most people never have an issue, but I did...fool me once...

Like I said, I don't think my way is "better" but it is "my way". I have sold a few games in the past year and have one listed now and have had no trouble getting a cash buyer in a reasonable time. Maybe I'm limiting my market, who knows, but I also would rather just have the game longer and minimize the risk of something going bad.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I am sure that is true, but how many accounts does a guy have to have to deal with folks on line?

You don't need any accounts if you want to buy my Black Knight! Bring cash and we can load her up!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-we-go-again-paypal-friends-n-family?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.