AAAB8D9D-D314-4446-9761-AE0C26A7C029 (resized).jpeg
00DCEBE7-17EC-45A3-8C22-9D2B07E93002 (resized).jpeg
3308EDB7-4F1B-44DE-924F-1FAF4AA029E7 (resized).jpeg
51113C64-44D8-460E-BFA7-DFF1323F634D (resized).jpeg
IMG_6568 (resized).jpg
20190106_090900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6564 (resized).jpg
IMG_6567 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, because re-engineering layouts with multiple flippers and drop target banks is cheaper than using a layout with two flippers and a bunch of stand ups that already exists.
You guys aren’t even trying to make any sense any more.

Yeah Stern started with a game whose design puts it 305th in the ratings and they added a dynamite art package. Nelly’s trade for $4.6k now and there weren’t many of those super rare games made. Based on that, Primus may have a value to me of around $5k. I wouldn’t buy one though as it does not appeal to my tastes and at $8k, I have closed my wallet and put away my manpurse.

I would buy a Primus 100x faster than I would Beatles gold and would consider it be the more collectible. It will sell out on Tue, 11/27/18, and as sales are to individuals and not distributors, sold out means gone!

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I dont really get all the hate for stern on these ...

I must have missed this. Haven’t heard anyone disparaging Stern for making Primus. Some have discussed the merits of using Nelly’s layout, but people don’t feel injured or outraged. Now Beatles is a different story, but it shouldn’t be lumped in with a blanket statement.

You are correct there is a lot of hate from the Beatles release. Stern botched pricing by allowing the lowly golds to be priced too high and not establishing an msrp for other two models. This led to what many feel is price gouging of customers.

That was compounded by offering a license which appealed to pinheads, whom weren’t the buying audience (although they really are) and whom weren’t interested in paying a premium. Pinheads felt trodden on as they contemplate not having a full featured Beatles pin to choose from in the future.

I still expect the full run of Primus to sellout from Bastardo on Tuesday and the buyers to be totally excited from this offering.

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Huh, maybe i should reskin my Big Injun into U2/Nikki Minaj/other music star and sell it for some sweet huge piles of dolares.

With a run size of 1, the amount you could ask for it are astronomical.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I got so hammered last night I almost bought one.

Repeat performance tonight, but this time buy all remaining games at 2 minutes to midnight.

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Primus sucks.
Your Beatles pricing argument sucks.
I still want to see an ultimate rock lineup with Primus, Metallica, Aerosmith, AC/DC etc all in a line.

That’s a good start but it’s not the ultimate rock lineup if it doesn’t include Nugent, GNR, Stones, Maiden, Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie !!!

2 weeks later
#594 5 years ago

Reveal in the next few days. Show us the Munsters!

2 weeks later
#652 5 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Got the ZY combo right now. Games couldn’t be more different, but both are great.
[quoted image]

U must have GB & Maiden on your wishlist right? Have to collect every ZY hit game, because each is a special snowflake and is beautiful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-they-come-primus-pinball?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.