AAAB8D9D-D314-4446-9761-AE0C26A7C029 (resized).jpeg
00DCEBE7-17EC-45A3-8C22-9D2B07E93002 (resized).jpeg
3308EDB7-4F1B-44DE-924F-1FAF4AA029E7 (resized).jpeg
51113C64-44D8-460E-BFA7-DFF1323F634D (resized).jpeg
IMG_6568 (resized).jpg
20190106_090900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6564 (resized).jpg
IMG_6567 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 5 years ago

Star Gazer with a Primus theme?? ….mmmmmmm YES!!!!

Claypool's project with Trey and Stewart is one of my favorite albums. Oysterhead - Grand Pecking Order

Another fave is his Duo de Twang for pickin' on some Primus faves and some classics.

Les with Buckethead. Can't turn that stuff off!

Have seen Primus once and looking forward to another chance, but Les shows up at lots of jam band fests and never disappoints!

>>PRIMUS SUCKS<<

1 week later
#228 5 years ago

Love the art package! A cool theme dressed as a quirky festival of weirdness and wrapped in metallic green armor. That is what pinball should look like! A head turner in any collection or lineup.

That being said, will Primus fans want to own or play WNBJP?

Bring on WNBCL!!

#282 5 years ago

Not sure these details were posted. I see posters still asking the price -
https://clubbastardo.themerchcollective.com/pages/primus-preview-custom-pinball-machine-limited-edition-signed

ON SALE MONDAY, 11/26 @ 10 AM CT

List Price: $7,995
• Limited to 100 Signed & Numbered Machines
• Signed by Les, Larry & Tim
• Laser engraved, serial numbered metal placards

• 13 Primus song track list
• Upgraded Kenwood Sound System
• Custom Voice-Overs by Les Claypool
• Original artwork by Zombie Yeti & Zoltron

• Classic Style Pinball Machine, a dynamic retro look & feel
• Custom Frizzle Fry Shooter Knob
• Powder-Coated Metal Armor, Backglass Frame & Legs in “Green Naugahyde”
• Retro flipper bats with a unique drain lane adds a new control factor for both novice & skilled players
• Backglass art is reverse printed on real glass

• Standard Coin-Door for Location Play
• All LED lighting & controlled general illumination
• Free-play setting
• Manufactured by Stern Pinball

1) CURBSIDE DELIVERY = $499
2) INSIDE DELIVERY = $649
3) WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY = $849
If your residence or business delivery location requires the driver to climb more than 3 steps, $159 will be charged.
Weight: 285lbs

#494 5 years ago

Those callouts recorded by Les are sweet.

3 weeks later
#602 5 years ago

I always wondered where the backbox speakers were.

2 weeks later
#682 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It also makes zero sense for stern to know they will fail soon and do it anyway. It costs more as they have to provide tech support, ship new parts, etc.

Two scenarios here. 1- They knew and shipped anyway. No biggie for them, just send along good flippers later and they get kudos for good tech support at least. (the factory cant just sit, and everyone gets paid when they deliver pins daily)

2 - They don't really test things fully (beyond the prototype) and trust assembly folks will catch things as they go. The operator or buyer or distributer can sort it out on the phone later and they get kudos for good tech support at least.

Does anyone see them testing pins on all the factory tours? My guess is they test quickly, find some issue, spend 15min fixing that, and whoops I'm running behind, ship it and start testing the next to keep things moving.

#687 5 years ago

Made a visit to Pinballer31520 at the Pinball Palace today. (Can't rave enough about how awesome the collection at this free play museum is. If your driving on I-95 in the southeast, visiting is mandatory!)

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10725-the-pinball-palace-brunswick-ga

Problem number one. A rubber on Primus appears to have snapped. Is there such a thing as budget rubber??

IMG_6557 (resized).jpgIMG_6557 (resized).jpg

Noticed another rubber next to the target was getting chewed up on this new pin. Weird! Spun the rubber around, no biggie. You can also see some playfield dimples in the photo, no biggie.

IMG_6560 (resized).jpgIMG_6560 (resized).jpg

Number two - no service rails, no pegs, no prop, no hinges, no NOTHING. You drag the playfield forward and just flip it straight up like a vintage Stern. (Had the playfield teetering on the plastic wire harness guide in this photo.)

IMG_6559 (resized).jpgIMG_6559 (resized).jpg

Got things sorted and it was game on. Down the middle, down the outlane, down the middle, rinse repeat. After a bunch of games with the music rocking, instinct kicked in.

Bang hit the lit target, nudge back to flipper, bang up the side to complete the lanes, nudge back to flipper, collect at the saucer and the pops all give a satisfying thump-thump, thump-thump as a reward. It might have something to do with me being a Primus fan, but it felt like I was in the world under glass. It pulled me in like a great pin should. Hope everyone enjoys this pin as much as I do.

IMG_6564 (resized).jpgIMG_6564 (resized).jpg

GC!! <primus sux>

IMG_6567 (resized).jpgIMG_6567 (resized).jpg

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

So, this machine is at pinball palace? You were there to fix it or something? Its not yours? Right?

Yeah, this is at the Pinball Palace, not mine, but wish it was. I just give the owner a hand and chat to take a break from all the play.

Grab that frayed rubber and pull it around the post at the top and bottom and rotate it so the frayed part is under the plastic and play on. Same thing you do sling rubbers that start to wear prematurely at the bottom post. You just keep rotating it.

Another pic.

IMG_6568 (resized).jpgIMG_6568 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-they-come-primus-pinball?tu=Neal_W and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.