AAAB8D9D-D314-4446-9761-AE0C26A7C029 (resized).jpeg
00DCEBE7-17EC-45A3-8C22-9D2B07E93002 (resized).jpeg
3308EDB7-4F1B-44DE-924F-1FAF4AA029E7 (resized).jpeg
51113C64-44D8-460E-BFA7-DFF1323F634D (resized).jpeg
IMG_6568 (resized).jpg
20190106_090900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6564 (resized).jpg
IMG_6567 (resized).jpg
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Hey zombie yeti, thanks for bringing politics into pinball. It's not like politics hasn't ruined sports, movies, TV etc.... Thanks for making your motives clear. Now back to pinball not politics please

You can't say "Trump" without it being political? His Tweets are infamous. Saying "x is like a Trump tweet" feels more like a pop culture reference to me. Can't a guy make a simple Trump reference without catching shit?

I get checking someone for waxing off on their political views, but this one doesn't read that way to me. More like a just a poor choice of words.

#402 5 years ago

Pretty decent thread going here.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I dont really get all the hate for stern on these releases.

Oh thats simple, its called "fuckfaceitis" real problem on this site.

#404 5 years ago

Seriously. This “Pinside is a cancer on pinball and every member hates pinball” is bulsh*t.

Firstly, everyone on this forum, by definition and regardless of their opionions, likes pinball. In fact, relative to the general population, they love and are obsessed by pinball.

Secondly, I have an opinion on this game. I love the art. I love the music. I love the theme. I don’t like the layout. I would buy this game if it wasn’t for the layout. But at 100 units, it’s going to sell out anyway. So f*n what? Who gives a shit? I don’t care or get upset if you think it’s the best layout since Ballyhoo.

Thirdly, everyone understands the business reality behind it and how much/how little work went in to getting it made. Most people just couldn’t be bothered regurgitating it over and over again because it’s f*n boring.

#405 5 years ago

So nobody thinks ZY, the guy who has worked with Primus multiple times, maybe had more to do with this than just doing the art as a stern employee? Even before his posts today I figured he was involved deeply in making this happen. It only makes sense that he would take all criticism personally. At the end of the day any Primus pinball is better than no Primus pinball.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You can't say "Trump" without it being political.

Come on man. When you are arguing with someone and throw out "you must be a trump guy " you are saying that as an insult. Therefore trying to start shit. Let me guess I must be a deplorable right??? Let's continue the great divide guys.

#407 5 years ago

You guys are acting like tools. Its only pinball.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Come on man. When you are arguing with someone and throw out "you must be a trump guy " you are saying that as an insult. Therefore trying to start shit. Let me guess I must be a deplorable right??? Let's continue the great divide guys.

You must be a trump guy?

DcZP-EjV4AAgG4p (resized).jpgDcZP-EjV4AAgG4p (resized).jpg
#409 5 years ago

It's always interesting to have someone invested in the creation of these games chime in. For me, the only critique on this game is that is Stern is making it as a "boutique" game instead of a cornerstone title. A Primus ZY pin with a pro price point would have been extremely tempting to me (thematically more so than IM). But I'm guessing the pin was either made on contract or Stern doesn't think the license is big enough to support a cornerstone treatment. As a retheme it's not for me, but I have zero doubt that those 100 pins will be sold quickly. And good for those buyers, I hope I can find one in the wild one day to give it a go.

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because “they” have been out of business for 20 years and Stern doesn’t own the rights?
I mean, there’s like 20 other good reasons but that’s the first thing that popped into my noggin.

I do not mean literaly copy fireball.
There are some amazing EM features that are not cost effective to remake for profit. Like the examples I gave: animated back box, spinning disks, zipper flippers, add-a-ball, bells and chimes, reels and even rotary targets! I woulf just like the most bang for my buck. If making a cool new game with old tech at least make it cool old tech.
I love Primus and the art on this pin is amazing! Pricepoint is rediculous and layout is average for the era at best...
Just my 2 cents.

#411 5 years ago

The Power Posters will win the Forum War, and Jeremy will win at REAL LIFE.

The response to his post IS what sucks about Pinside. The only people who don’t know that, are so far up the ass of this Forum that they can almost see their well worn keyboards through their gnashing teeth!

It’s not that most people here don’t know what it takes to actually make a pinball machine... it’s that most people here don’t know what it takes to make ANYTHING.

One of the absolute GEMS of modern pinball stopped by here to say he’s proud of his latest project, and that it’s hard for him and the team to take dismissive, uninformed and sometimes vitriolic cristisism.

Why?? Because he fu$&ing CARES about his work, and the people he works with.

The problem here is that there is a vocal minority that are not pinball obsessed... they are Pinside obsessed.

I love pinball. I should love the World’s greatest Pinball Website, but I don’t. I love some aspects of it. There are a LOT of great people, and tons of useful information here... but a few arseholes ruin the vibe for everybody.

They will yell, “Grow a thicker skin!” And “Lighten Up. It’s just my opinion”, and “If you don’t like it go somewhere else”... Well, that’s what just about everybody who’s truly important in Pinball has done.

Because they can’t take it. Because they CARE about their work. Because they care about Pinball.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can someone check the Primus South American number please?

They are playing Chile on my birthday in Jan.
I'll be !!!4th row!!! at Metallica in Nashville so I cannot attend.
In other news, Steve and the Maidens had to add a second show in Mexico City due to public outrage. And Mexico City outrage=mf's gettin shot.

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The response to his post IS what sucks about Pinside. The only people who don’t know that, are so far up the ass of this Forum that they can almost see their well worn keyboards through their gnashing teeth!
It’s not that most people here don’t know what it takes to actually make a pinball machine... it’s that most people here don’t know what it takes to make ANYTHING.
One of the absolute GEMS of modern pinball stopped by here to say he’s proud of his latest project, and that it’s hard for him and the team to take dismissive, uninformed and sometimes vitriolic cristisism.
The problem here is that there is a vocal minority that are not pinball obsessed... they are Pinside obsessed.
I love pinball. I should love the World’s greatest Pinball Website, but I don’t. I love some aspects of it. There are a LOT of great people, and tons of useful information here... but a few arseholes ruin the vibe for everybody.
They will yell, “Grow a thicker skin!” And “Lighten Up. It’s just my opinion”, and “If you don’t like it go somewhere else”... we’ll that’s what just about everybody who’s truly important in Pinball has done.
Because they can’t take it. Because they CARE about their work. Because they care about Pinball.

Yep. Spot on.
But...I'm on team Primus and also live on Pinside...
lotta ins, lotta outs.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yep. Spot on.
But...I'm on team Primus and also live on Pinside...
lotta ins and outs.

U goinq to line up for one Gryszzz ?

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

*Did anyone notice the removal of zombyetilicious “you must be a trump guy” quote?
*Glad politics got removed.

#416 5 years ago

The Primus FB response makes Pinside look like a bunch of Cabbage Patch Kids:

F95B51AC-F19A-4A19-8333-1EE6BB06757A (resized).pngF95B51AC-F19A-4A19-8333-1EE6BB06757A (resized).png
#417 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The Primus FB response makes Pinside look like a bunch of Cabbage Patch Kids:[quoted image]

Exactly. This is not a pinside thing. This is not an anonymity/keyboard warrior thing (as shown by FB comments having IRL names attached.)

Pinside is a collective of pinball people. Some just can't seem to realize this, and blame pinside for everything. Sorry, but if you don't like to read opinions, get the fuck off of the internet forum! For your own sanity.

But go ahead bashers, call pinside members losers who will never succeed in life. Make fun of them for living in their parents basements. Call them smelly unwashed pieces of shit. They can take it. Bring it on.

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

U goinq to line up for one gryszzz ?

Already gone like Joe Walsh what I heard.

#420 5 years ago

goddamit on CO time

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

They will yell, “Grow a thicker skin!” And “Lighten Up. It’s just my opinion”, and “If you don’t like it go somewhere else”... we’ll that’s what just about everybody who’s truly important in Pinball has done.

Well said..

As for the a-holes( they know who they are, always the same ) 99,9 % of it will go through one ear to the other , passing that vaccuum of general real world awareness.

They feel so right, and are so wrong .. their loss!

Great looking game, would love to grab one, might be simple as a layout, but man, a real piece of art !!

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Joe Walshed Up?

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Got to be quick.

Wonder if any will make their way down here.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Stern doesn't think the license is big enough to support a cornerstone treatment.

Not that they think they know.

#425 5 years ago

Let the sales begin!

#426 5 years ago

so anyone seen a tracklist yet?
Was just listening to Miscellaneous Debris last night. Can't recommend that EP enough.

#427 5 years ago

This thing will be sold out at 11:03 just due to 100 pinsiders seeing if they can put one in their cart.

We'll have to check back at noon to see if it's really sold out.

#428 5 years ago

It just went on sale and I grabbed one, as our house hold loves Primus and we love collecting! It may be a re-skin and not for everyone (as every game) but the artwork is amazing and we love the music!

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thing will be sold out at 11:03 just due to 100 pinsiders seeing if they can put one in their cart.
We'll have to check back at noon to see if it's really sold out.

Page gone from Primus page at 11:00:10

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Page gone from Primus page at 11:00:10

They removed the first page and moved it to a new link, I had to search "pinball" on the actual site for it to pop up: https://clubbastardo.themerchcollective.com/products/primus-custom-pinball-machine-limited-edition-signed

#431 5 years ago

32 left according to Primus.

If only they had reskinned Quicksilver they may have sold more!

#432 5 years ago

Stern FYI reskinning is lame

#433 5 years ago

Looks like the Whoa Nellie layout is Sterns go to layout for low production commercial tie in games. Add new artwork, do a basic amount of code tweaks and repeat. The artwork looks great from Zombieyeti, it's just a shame it's on a played out layout.

This game makes Beatles look loaded and a much better "value" at $8k...

#434 5 years ago

Song list anywhere?

Or do I just give them $8k and see when it arrives?

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Song list anywhere?

Primus songs all kinda sound the same so what's the problem.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like the Whoa Nellie layout is Sterns go to layout for low production commercial tie in games. Add new artwork, do a basic amount of code tweaks and repeat. The artwork looks great from Zombieyeti, it's just a shame it's on a played out layout.
This game makes Beatles look loaded and a much better "value" at $8k...

We really could have used this unique and previously unconsidered hot take a week ago when this was announced!

It's too late for those of us who have already bought a few. Damn you Panzer!!!

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Song list anywhere?

The latter. And replace them all with Pinball Browser if you want.

#438 5 years ago

That was just me sticking 50 in my cart. We'll have to wait a little while to see the real numbers.

#439 5 years ago

I was SO AMPED up for this. Why did they have to use this game as the reskin?????????????? Dammit.

#440 5 years ago

Primus songs all kinda sound the same so what's the problem.

blockquote>

Maybe you'll get your Megan Trainer pin some day.

#442 5 years ago

I like the post "It's only pinball guys ..relax ". If Stern wants to make a machine for Primus and there is a market for it - that is capitalism.
It is a beautiful art piece in my opinion and we will be proud to have ours soon at The Pinball Palace in Brunswick, Ga. It won't sit at home but be allowed to be enjoyed and appreciated by all. Playable Art and a masterpiece in my opinion. Not to mention the awesome music to play by.
Come see us guys and gals !

IMG_4993 (resized).jpgIMG_4993 (resized).jpg
#443 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Maybe you'll get your Megan Trainer pin some day.

I also would have accepted "maroon 5" or "nickelback."

I have no idea who Megan Trainer is though.

My question to you is this: If you are such a huge Primus fan does it really matter which 13 songs are in the game? He who hesitates will not get his Primus game.

Quoted from gliebig:

I was SO AMPED up for this. Why did they have to use this game as the reskin?????????????? Dammit.

Take it up with Primus. This was entirely their choice.

Showing 10 units left at 11:45. I'm guessing this is close to accurate. Guess the intended audience for this game (Primus fans) are ok with the design choices the band made.

#444 5 years ago

Just think, this very minute on a Primus forum, some Alaskan uberfan is probably roasting the band due to pins only being deliverable in the contiguous united states.

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just think, this very minute on a Primus forum, some Alaskan uberfan is probably roasting the band due to pins only being deliverable to the contiguous united states.

"Les Claypool only cares about the contiguous US and is laughing at all of us while taking a bath in our cash! The last concert poster cash grab was bad enough, this is beyond the pale!!! They continue to play us for suckers!

Uh...also if I buy one can somebody pick it up and have it shipped to me?"

#446 5 years ago

100 * 10k max? Stern rolls in our cash. How much you think Primus gets - 10% 20%???

\\

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

100 * 10k max? Stern rolls in our cash. How much you think Primus gets - 10% 20%???
\\

Like many, you are either unable or unwilling to understand this project and how contract jobs work, despite it being explained to you many, many times.

Stern is "rolling" in Primus' cash, not "ours," at least as it pertains to this project.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Showing 10 units left at 11:45

Few more than that

2506CDF2-3C72-47B4-A290-DA54E448B2BC (resized).png2506CDF2-3C72-47B4-A290-DA54E448B2BC (resized).png
#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Few more than that [quoted image]

I clicked on their site at exactly 12:25 and they were completely sold out!!!

#450 5 years ago

I am going to keep my comments only positive so focusing on the artwork. ZY did great on the art, it has a very trippy feel to it. For some reason the art style slightly reminds me of Time Fantasy

https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2563

tf (resized).jpgtf (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-they-come-primus-pinball/page/9?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.