AAAB8D9D-D314-4446-9761-AE0C26A7C029 (resized).jpeg
00DCEBE7-17EC-45A3-8C22-9D2B07E93002 (resized).jpeg
3308EDB7-4F1B-44DE-924F-1FAF4AA029E7 (resized).jpeg
51113C64-44D8-460E-BFA7-DFF1323F634D (resized).jpeg
IMG_6568 (resized).jpg
20190106_090900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6564 (resized).jpg
IMG_6567 (resized).jpg
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 5 years ago

I have to say it is a beautiful game. Wish it had a lower price point because I want one.

#303 5 years ago

Well been asking Zoltron for awhile if he would ever do something pin related. Well my wishes came true but of course I was hoping for something more modern.

I love primus, love the art package but really not for me, if I was going to buy a game without ramps it would be TNA. Really hope Zoltron will do more then just this one game. His art like Zombie Yeti lends itself so well to pins.

Still think its a cool project and not sure why you are so surprised with all the reskins being done, it just makes sense cost wise. A big run primus pinball with modern design would not sell well enough, to niche.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My friend is a die hard Primus fan. Tons of personal history and memories. He’s also a top AI scientist at Nvidia. We hung out yesterday and showed him the pin..
He freaked out at how awesome the art looked. Instantly recognized the the drawings and characters. I told him the game looked ancient and was based of an old EM. He didn’t care. It was about the art and classic look.
This guy is frugal, but it was an instant buy for him and he’s working to convince his wife. He has no space but doesn’t care. Probably it gets stored at my place.
So yah - I’d say guys complaining in this thread just don’t get it.

Space

Wife

Frugal

Bet he aint get'n shit

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Okay, let me get this straight. You sold a game to get cash ready to buy a game *you've never seen or played based on a rumour*?
You have no one to blame but yourself. Maybe next time you should wait for something to come out first?

Was selling to get a new pin regardless .. primus was one on the list as i thought it wld be a whole new game or at least better than the nelly playfield. Now ill probably just get jjp potc or possibly wait on a munsters reveal depending when it is.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's was a Can Crusher on route where the owner swapped in lightning flippers in place of the smaller mini flippers and increased the pitch and opened the outlanes. Plays fast and fun!

Only problem with lightning flippers on PBRCC (and presumably WNBJM & Primus) is that if you hold both flippers up, the ball will not fit between them. The one I played had a powerball too. Super fun.

#308 5 years ago

Appears Primus band and fans are happy and that’s good business.
Meanwhile Stern gets fried again on Pinside using their own assets on a contract.
C998673B-B7B0-45D2-B720-5F9EA1AB36D6 (resized).jpegC998673B-B7B0-45D2-B720-5F9EA1AB36D6 (resized).jpeg

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I want 100 crazy Levi pinball machines. They present me with options and costs.
Since I think this game will sell on art and theme only, I wanted the absolute cheapest options. They brought me spider man home and whoa Nellie.

Surprised you didn't ante up and go for the Continental Cafe version.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, now you are just being intentionally obtuse

43664AEF-AF64-4309-931A-1E822B5D9968.gif43664AEF-AF64-4309-931A-1E822B5D9968.gif
#311 5 years ago

As a guy that has owned and played hundreds of EM games, many with beautiful playfield geometry and early features like drop targets, spinners, and swinging targets, let's just say I'm super exited to see a third go round of a playfield that has two standup targets , 8 star rollovers and one kickout hole to shoot at. Compared to what I'm used to, that takes game of skill to a whole new level.

#312 5 years ago

Just because there needs to be some argument from the other side, if I had the kind of expendable income that other people in this hobby do, I’d absolutely buy this machine. As it is, I can’t convince myself to spend $8k for the very best machines. But if I had multiple NIB type income, I’d be placing an order for this for sure.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Only problem with lightning flippers on PBRCC (and presumably WNBJM & Primus) is that if you hold both flippers up, the ball will not fit between them. The one I played had a powerball too. Super fun.

I forgot to mention that the one I played had a Powerball as well. I didn't realize that the ball won't fit between the flippers when held up. Was really fun to play though!

#314 5 years ago

Is there any video yet?

What if it’s just partial song clips & super redundant call outs (like South Park)

Will this be the first ever EM game with incomplete software (lol)

#315 5 years ago

Not a fan of the band but that's a really cool looking pin

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What if it’s just partial song clips

Full songs

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

As it is, I can’t convince myself to spend $8k for the very best machines. But if I had multiple NIB type income, I’d be placing an order for this for sure.

Forget income! Recent B/W pin-flation is so good on eSide you could probably sell one for near NIB.

#318 5 years ago

Jerry was a Pabst Blue Ribbon driver.

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You mean no em's this year?

No i mean two pins this year look like EM's. Thats for sure!

#320 5 years ago

Pin looks beautiful, glad the designers had fun. No doubt they’ll sell all 100. Reskinning Woah Nellie yet again is about as exciting as a wet fart, but that’s business.

Who would have thought such an unremarkable game would get versions by Greg Freres, Zombie Yeti and Zoltron, and Dirty Donny? Kind of a colossal waste of talent really. Game is fun enough for what it is, but eh.

Still, eventually something fun may come of all of this, so here’s hoping.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yep, that's what happened on ours. Lightning with Powerball. Was super fun, but people could lock the whole machine down with the double flip. I know Logan arcade has had one set up the same way. Wonder if they just accept having to open it up frequently or if they got more creative. Anyone know?

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No i mean two pins this year look like EM's. Thats for sure!

Primus is certainly based on an EM style playfield, the similarities probably stop there though. The Beatles is not based on an EM and doesn't really resemble one in anyway including gameplay.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Primus is certainly based on an EM style playfield, the similarities probably stop there though. The Beatles is not based on an EM and doesn't really resemble one in anyway including gameplay.

Sizeable segment of pinball newbies think if a game doesn’t have ramps and multiball its “an EM.”

Even if it has a big color LCD screen and a digital soundtrack.

#324 5 years ago

I dont really get all the hate for stern on these releases. We got Iron Maiden and Deadpool already this year. 2 really solid fun games and we are rumored to still get Munsters in Dec which is supposedly going to be really awesome. So theres are 3 cornerstone releases and it's looking like all 3 are going to be good. Stern also made special releases of Supreme, The Beatles, Primus, and I believe Luci vault was this year also?

3 full modern releases that are all new and DP and IMDN have had good code support if Munsters is announced
1 modernized classic solid state in The Beatles
1 modernized EM style in Primus
1 straight collectable release in Supreme
1 highly sought after vault in ACDC Luci

I'm not a buyer on the short run collectable stuff due to price, I'm more of a player then collector. No clue why some of you get pissed about it though. Stern is making options for just about everyone. Add in the other titles in current production and we are getting a ton of choices.

Potentially 7 new releases from stern this year.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's a good formula for their position in the market right now.

3 core releases, 1 vault release, and 3-4 contract releases per year. That's an insane number of pinball machines.

Seems like we are on the cusp of what I will call the "American Chopper" effect, where companies and bands are going to start wanting to get in on the latest pinball wave once they see other bands and companies doing it too.

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I dont really get all the hate for stern on these releases. We got Iron Maiden and Deadpool already this year. 2 really solid fun games and we are rumored to still get Munsters in Dec which is supposedly going to be really awesome. So theres are 3 cornerstone releases and it's looking like all 3 are going to be good. Stern also made special releases of Supreme, The Beatles, Primus, and I believe Luci vault was this year also?
3 full modern releases that are all new and DP and IMDN have had good code support if Munsters is announced
1 modernized classic solid state in The Beatles
1 modernized EM style in Primus
1 straight collectable release in Supreme
1 highly sought after vault in ACDC Luci
I'm not a buyer on the short run collectable stuff due to price, I'm more of a player then collector. No clue why some of you get pissed about it though. Stern is making options for just about everyone. Add in the other titles in current production and we are getting a ton of choices.

What are you doing talking sense in this thread?!?

#327 5 years ago

Awesome.....Primus sucks!

20181125_074827 (resized).jpg20181125_074827 (resized).jpg
#328 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I dont really get all the hate for stern on these ...

I must have missed this. Haven’t heard anyone disparaging Stern for making Primus. Some have discussed the merits of using Nelly’s layout, but people don’t feel injured or outraged. Now Beatles is a different story, but it shouldn’t be lumped in with a blanket statement.

You are correct there is a lot of hate from the Beatles release. Stern botched pricing by allowing the lowly golds to be priced too high and not establishing an msrp for other two models. This led to what many feel is price gouging of customers.

That was compounded by offering a license which appealed to pinheads, whom weren’t the buying audience (although they really are) and whom weren’t interested in paying a premium. Pinheads felt trodden on as they contemplate not having a full featured Beatles pin to choose from in the future.

I still expect the full run of Primus to sellout from Bastardo on Tuesday and the buyers to be totally excited from this offering.

#329 5 years ago

Huh, maybe i should reskin my Big Injun into U2/Nikki Minaj/other music star and sell it for some sweet huge piles of dolares.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Huh, maybe i should reskin my Big Injun into U2/Nikki Minaj/other music star and sell it for some sweet huge piles of dolares.

If you think you can make 100 of them in a couple of days like Stern is going to do, at a price point that works for your customer (u2, Nikki minaj/other music star) you should go right ahead and do that.

With Stern expanding the pinball market with these contract jobs, maybe they’ll go for it!

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

With a run size of 1, the amount you could ask for it are astronomical.

#332 5 years ago

Why do they not retheme fireball?
Zipper flippers alone would be cool. Soinning disk even better. Maybe an animated back box! Add a ball?
If you are going to make a throwback at least integrated the best things about that era!

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Why do they not retheme fireball?
Zipper flippers alone would be cool. Soinning disk even better. Maybe an animated back box! Add a ball?
If you are going to make a throwback at least integrated the best things about that era!

Because “they” have been out of business for 20 years and Stern doesn’t own the rights?

I mean, there’s like 20 other good reasons but that’s the first thing that popped into my noggin.

#334 5 years ago

Against my better judgement...

I read a long time ago that pinball people wanted better art and new ideas... I’ve personally done my damndest to push wherever and however I can within the reality that exists ...and it hasn’t been easy or remotely enjoyable all of the time... but I continued with the naive idea that it would be appreciated and might even make a dent in expanding the scope of what pinball can be in this time. I’ve taken risks and pushed back when it wasn’t in my best interest - thinking that might have an impact, it might make things better. I haven’t asked for anything in return...

...now I am though... I ask that if you don’t understand that the people who work on pinball machines - the designers, engineers, mechanical, artists, etc all pour their heart and soul into every project that will never have the time or schedule it should have or could have - all done for an audience with little thought of the effort - and if you can’t appreciate genuine effort, risk taking, and thousands of hours by countless people with passion to make pinball, that you can either get out of this hobby - or -at the very least be courteous with your voice for the effort.

I’m not asking you to keep quiet on your opinion, but to chose your words carefully and be respectful of the effort that people have made FOR you.

This project wouldn’t and couldn’t exist in any other form. If it’s not for you, say so - but don’t speculate and piss all over the effort and turmoil it took to get made... Stern didn’t make the choices on this project - the band did... so all the stern haters, get help or go on another thread for therapy...

...anyone remember when all I did was post jokes here? Nothing but blue skies and winky smiles... I miss that guy too

I’ll leave you with this... this project was very personal for me and I care greatly for it... Primus Pinball exists despite the haters and in spite of them....

...now tear into me, kids...

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I must have missed this. Haven’t heard anyone disparaging Stern for making Primus. Some have discussed the merits of using Nelly’s layout, but people don’t feel injured or outraged. Now Beatles is a different story, but it shouldn’t be lumped in with a blanket statement.
You are correct there is a lot of hate from the Beatles release. Stern botched pricing by allowing the lowly golds to be priced too high and not establishing an msrp for other two models. This led to what many feel is price gouging of customers.
That was compounded by offering a license which appealed to pinheads, whom weren’t the buying audience (although they really are) and whom weren’t interested in paying a premium. Pinheads felt trodden on as they contemplate not having a full featured Beatles pin to choose from in the future.
I still expect the full run of Primus to sellout from Bastardo on Tuesday and the buyers to be totally excited from this offering.

How can you botch anything that you sell out to your distributors with ease? If you want to claim that distros overestimated the demand that's fine but it's also yet to be determined. The Beatles is almost a 14mil project for stern sales wise and it's going to tie up their lines for about 1 month. Doesn't sound like a botch to me.

#336 5 years ago

Next thing you know they will be retheming Striker Extreme for any or all of the NFL teams.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Next thing you know they will be retheming Striker Extreme for any or all of the NFL teams.

Stern can just keep on retheme old games and have a production line for years to come, lots of great playfields out there to grab LOL

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from zombyetilicious:

If it’s not for you, say so - but don’t speculate and piss all over the effort and turmoil it took to get made... Stern didn’t make the choices on this project - the band did... .

There you have it folks.

Please address all angry letters and suggestions that this game should be stargazer to Les Claypool and primus. Yeah

Thanks confirming what some of us have been saying and pulling back the veil a little bit.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I dont really get all the hate for stern on these releases.

It's a forum for people who are excited about pinball. A 'new' game shows up, and it's a reskin of a game that was already reskinned once before, and wasn't particularly popular before that in the original version. So of course people are expressing some disappointment, that's not exciting.

Everyone talking sense about Stern's business model is of course totally correct. It makes sense from a financial standpoint. The collectors probably won't care or even know. But it seems pretty reasonable to me that enthusiasts who do know would talk about what a missed opportunity it feels like still.

Art looks great, I love Primus, there's no question that of the 3 versions of the game this is the one I'd want. But I don't want it, and many here won't, and that's pretty much a normal reaction. If it was, say a Star Gazer reskin, as some suggested, I think the complaining would be more about how people couldn't get one.

Either way, I don't think it's hate for Stern, we get it. Still kinda sucks though. What's hard to get about that really?

#340 5 years ago

I read a long time ago that pinball people wanted better art and new ideas... I’ve personally done my damndest to push wherever and however I can within the reality that exists ...and it hasn’t been easy or remotely enjoyable all of the time... but I continued with the naive idea that it would be appreciated and might even make a dent in expanding the scope of what pinball can be in this time. I’ve taken risks and pushed back when it wasn’t in my best interest - thinking that might have an impact, it might make things better. I haven’t asked for anything in return...
...now I am though... I ask that if you don’t understand that the people who work on pinball machines - the designers, engineers, mechanical, artists, etc all pour their heart and soul into every project that will never have the time or schedule it should have or could have - all done for an audience with little thought of the effort - and if you can’t appreciate genuine effort, risk taking, and thousands of hours by countless people with passion to make pinball, that you can either get out of this hobby - or -at the very least be courteous with your voice for the effort.
I’m not asking you to keep quiet on your opinion, but to chose your words carefully and be respectful of the effort that people have made FOR you.
This project wouldn’t and couldn’t exist in any other form. If it’s not for you, say so - but don’t speculate and piss all over the effort and turmoil it took to get made... Stern didn’t make the choices on this project - the band did... so all the stern haters, get help or go on another thread for therapy...
...anyone remember when all I did was post jokes here? Nothing but blue skies and winky smiles... I miss that guy too
I’ll leave you with this... this project was very personal for me and I care greatly for it... Primus Pinball exists despite the haters and in spite of them....

I'd say these 2 fellows have driven the art forward on pinball by a giant leap. Sorry Franchi, dont have any of your games but you are no slouch either.

20181125_115825 (resized).jpg20181125_115825 (resized).jpg
#341 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'd say these 2 fellows have driven the art forward on pinball by a giant leap.

Looks like the odd rod and rat fink cards I used to collect in the 1960s.

#342 5 years ago

I’m begging you to drop your victim complex. No one even remotely criticizes you. Everyone loves your art. People here worship you & are thankful for everything you do.

You’ve done your job, now it’s a product. We are customers. Game customers have opinions on $60 games. Customers will have opinions on an $8000 game. There’s literally nothing wrong with that.

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a forum for people who are excited about pinball. A 'new' game shows up, and it's a reskin of a game that was already reskinned once before, and wasn't particularly popular before that in the original version. So of course people are expressing some disappointment, that's not exciting.
Everyone talking sense about Stern's business model is of course totally correct. It makes sense from a financial standpoint. The collectors probably won't care or even know. But it seems pretty reasonable to me that enthusiasts who do know would talk about what a missed opportunity it feels like still.
Art looks great, I love Primus, there's no question that of the 3 versions of the game this is the one I'd want. But I don't want it, and many here won't, and that's pretty much a normal reaction. If it was, say a Star Gazer reskin, as some suggested, I think the complaining would be more about how people couldn't get one.
Either way, I don't think it's hate for Stern, we get it. Still kinda sucks though. What's hard to get about that really?

Few people on pinside seem to be excited about pinball. I have no doubt that you get it. I highly doubt that others do though. Theres so much ridiculous hate from people about all the companies on this site that its insane.

Quoted from o-din:

Looks like the odd rod and rat fink cards I used to collect in the 1960s.

You just busted yourself O-din. See you do love the art.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You just busted yourself O-din. See you do love the art.

Yeah, I liked it when I was in kindergarten.

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'd say these 2 fellows have driven the art forward on pinball by a giant leap. Sorry Franchi, dont have any of your games but you are no slouch either.
[quoted image]

I wouldn’t exist in pinball without Donny - so credit goes to him for making the argument and sealing it with Metallica.

Donny and I don’t work on projects with style guides - we create every element from scratch and I reckon that personality is what appeals to you - but just speculation.

Side story - I got Donny in on the last Primus tour after trying for years, and he killed! Can’t wait to see what he’s cooking up next!

- Appreciate the support greatly!

#346 5 years ago

CRYASSES LEAVE THE HALL

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I liked it when I was in kindergarten.

Lol, you like it now. No need to be so cranky O-din.

#348 5 years ago

Still patiently waiting on a track listing. It almost doesn't matter, cause I really can't think of a track I dislike. Just curious if "Harold of the Rocks" makes an appearance.

#349 5 years ago

ZY I don't think most here are hating on Primus' music, just the WNBJM layout. But the majority here will argue about the sun shining.
This pin is not for them.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No need to be so cranky O-din.

If you were up till 4 am playing Madden football, you might be a little cranky too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-they-come-primus-pinball/page/7?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.