AAAB8D9D-D314-4446-9761-AE0C26A7C029 (resized).jpeg
00DCEBE7-17EC-45A3-8C22-9D2B07E93002 (resized).jpeg
3308EDB7-4F1B-44DE-924F-1FAF4AA029E7 (resized).jpeg
51113C64-44D8-460E-BFA7-DFF1323F634D (resized).jpeg
IMG_6568 (resized).jpg
20190106_090900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6564 (resized).jpg
IMG_6567 (resized).jpg
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
#501 5 years ago

This actually looks pretty good, the art is fantastic and the sound effects on the pin go well with the music. I’m not a huge Primus fan, but I do have a cd from the band Sausage, which I believe was the original Primus lineup. I like the music on it quite a bit but it’s more straightforward than the Primus stuff.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

His show wasn’t canceled was it?

No I don't believe so. They ended it by choice.

It happens! Ted Danson pulled the plug on Cheers.

Anyway better hurry up on those Primus buys. They are down to 8 left!

#503 5 years ago

Of course not...#1 ranked show on TV.

Now, I'm pretty sure they canceled Becker which was actually a fantastic show....but adding the fat guy from Lost did slow it down a bit.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It would be fun if just for one day we all had to read comments from 15 idiots criticizing how we do our day jobs

They call that "yelp".

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I like the music on it quite a bit but it’s more straightforward than the Primus stuff.

#506 5 years ago

There are officially 8 games remaining now, 24 hours after Monday public sale.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Someone pointed out in the other thread that if you choose the "Stern" option, there are 50 available.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Well if Primus had raised the budget and retail price thousands of dollars per game so they could make a few Pinsiders happy with a rethemed Stars game I'm sure they'd have sold faster.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well if Primus had raised the budget and retail price thousands of dollars per game so they could make a few Pinsiders happy with a rethemed Stars game I'm sure they'd have sold faster.

What if they contracted through Spooky and made a good game.?

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What if they contracted through Spooky and made a good game.?

Then they would have contracted through Spooky and made a good game. Maybe even one as good as their previous contract jobs, Dominos or Jetsons!

No idea what the costs would have been, or if Spooky would have even been able to take on the project, or if they could have procured the services of Zombie yeti, which was apparently the most important thing for the customer, Primus. We also don't know if Spooky could have churned out 100 of them in the two days that it took Stern to run this entire lot of 100 games.

I guess we'll never know.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

100 * 10k max? Stern rolls in our cash. How much you think Primus gets - 10% 20%???

What do you care on what Primus gets? Jesus one foolish comment after another.

#512 5 years ago

I'd take a primus themed jetsons or dominos with this artwork 100xs over whoe nellie.

#513 5 years ago

All this brings up an interesting question. If you contract a game thru Stern, how many different layouts are available?

Say I wanted a Planters themed game and had the license, do you think I could get it done with a Tron playfield?

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'd take a primus themed jetsons or dominos with this artwork 100xs over whoe nellie.

Fascinating!

Quoted from o-din:

All this brings up an interesting question. If you contract a game thru Stern, how many different layouts are available?

All evidence right now points toward Spiderman Home and Whoa Nellie as the two available contract base games. But who knows, maybe anything in production is fair game if you are willing to spend enough money! Only one way to find out.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

maybe anything in production is fair game if you are willing to spend enough money! Only one way to find out.

Awesome!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#516 5 years ago

I'm guessing with all the vaults even an out of production game isn't out of the question.

So lets figure this out. Neither Supreme or Primus probably did this to lose money. Supreme sold for $10,000 and what is this one $8500?

100 units is probably the minimum order so that makes $850,000- $1,000,000 retail for the finished product. So cost was probably anywhere between $500,000 - $800,000 perhaps a little more or a little less for either of the known options.

A 100 game run of Planters not counting license fees on a Tron playfield which doesn't have much more than a Spiderman home edition on it would probably run a cool million.

#517 5 years ago

I've always really enjoyed the WNBJM layout. It's nothing fancy but it provides lots of just simple pinball fun. I've never understood the hate for that layout in any of it's now 3 formats. I can understand the thinking it's not worth the money, but WNBJM and PBRCC were both pretty darn fun.

I'm looking forward to getting to portal on planters.

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm looking forward to getting to portal on planters.

It will have "Sea of Mixed Nuts" too.

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will have "Sea of Mixed Nuts" too.

Careful, I hear stern likes to steal licenses out from under folks. It's all fun and games when your sitting in the room finalizing the deal with Mr Peanut himself until Jody crashes the party swinging the big stick.

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At the speed at which these are selling out out, why f*n not? Should have been minimum $10K each with 4 different price tiers. Everyone has left money on the table here.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Careful, I hear stern likes to steal licenses out from under folks. It's all fun and games when your sitting in the room finalizing the deal with Mr Peanut himself until Jody crashes the party swinging the big stick.

Stolen licenses - You referring to the Tofu Godzilla ?

I never saw the Tofu one in a Movie. I suppose that monster was about indestructible - how could that much Tofu be eaten or destroyed ?

I don't know what the attraction was about a Godzilla made of Tofu. Why would Stern want to make a game based on that...
Regular Godzilla would be better.

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I never saw the Tofu one in a Movie. I suppose that monster was about indestructible - how could that much Tofu be eaten or destroyed ?
I don't know what the attraction was about a Godzilla made of Tofu. Why would Stern want to make a game based on that...

Tofu makes everything better.

Never played the old Resident Evil games 500 times in row?

#523 5 years ago
download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#524 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing with all the vaults even an out of production game isn't out of the question.
So lets figure this out. Neither Supreme or Primus probably did this to lose money. Supreme sold for $10,000 and what is this one $7000?
100 units is probably the minimum order so that makes $700,000- $1,000,000 retail for the finished product. So cost was probably anywhere between $500,000 - $800,000 perhaps a little more or a little less for either of the known options.
A 100 game run of Planters not counting license fees on a Tron playfield which doesn't have much more than a Spiderman home edition on it would probably run a cool million.

This was today.

10595253-AEC7-42E2-8FCC-024B67FBBEFC (resized).png10595253-AEC7-42E2-8FCC-024B67FBBEFC (resized).png
#525 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It’s TOHO

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This was today.

So do you think my limited Planters run might be worth $40k each someday? Especially with a Tron layout? I may have to go LE Tron on that one.

#527 5 years ago

I would have bought this game but I already have WNBJM and as much fun as Primus is I think I prefer big titties more.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I would have bought this game but I already have WNBJM and as much fun as Primus is I think I prefer big titties more.

I have both. Love it !

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So do you think my limited Planters run might be worth $40k each someday? Especially with a Tron layout? I may have to go LE Tron on that one.

No

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Depends on how many ramps are lit with el wire, what arcade mod, if the bg is Mr or Mrs peanut, and how much of the game is dipped in chrome.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

what arcade mod,

I think it should have a giant Mr. Peanut cracking open a car and eating people running in a loop.

https://imgur.com/r/thesimpsons/ECnJW3L

Quoted from cait001:

So only 12 total remain to buy, o-din!

I don't know why I thought it was cheaper but just noticed the $8500 and had a wee bit of sticker shock.

#533 5 years ago

I've got 62 of these in my cart right now.

#534 5 years ago

I Know - that's the joke - TOFU ... Godzilla !

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Backglass art

F5973DFE-02DC-47E2-A1EA-EF4143C610E7 (resized).jpegF5973DFE-02DC-47E2-A1EA-EF4143C610E7 (resized).jpeg
#536 5 years ago

lil bit?

CavernousWastefulGoral-small.gifCavernousWastefulGoral-small.gif
#537 5 years ago

Wow... ZY bringing Trump into the mix is dumber than dumb. Im sure Stern will love that also. Id draw more, talk less. Much less.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Say I wanted a Planters themed game and had the license, do you think I could get it done with a Tron playfield?

You're nuts.

#539 5 years ago

so is pinside member Zombyetilicious the same pinside member as Zombieyeti that deactivated their account or are we getting trolled?

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/zombieyeti

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/zombyetilicious

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

so is pinside member Zombyetilicious the same pinside member as Zombieyeti that deactivated their account or are we getting trolled?

I believe so

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You're nuts.

Merry Christmas!

20101116-Mr.Peanut (resized).jpg20101116-Mr.Peanut (resized).jpg
#542 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/zombieyeti
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/zombyetilicious

Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe so

Usually, when a member has duplicate accounts, they both get banned. At least that's the way it usually is. But not happening yet.

So I guess there is nothing stopping any of us from deactivating one and starting up another. I think a deactivated account can be re activated up to three times.

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Usually, when a member has duplicate accounts, they both get banned. At least that's the way it usually is. But not happening yet.
So I guess there is nothing stopping any of us from deactivating one and starting up another. I think a deactivated account can be re activated up to three times.

Dibs on Bartholomew Richard Fitzgerald-Smythe aka Mr. Peanut

#544 5 years ago

I bet you all wish you had some of these. In my fridge right now.

IMG_8195 (resized).jpgIMG_8195 (resized).jpg
#545 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I bet you all wish you had some of these. In my fridge right now.

6.3% is right up my alley.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I bet you all wish you had some of these. In my fridge right now.[quoted image]

Is that IPA really just a reskin of a can of Schlitz Ice?

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Is that IPA really just a reskin of a can of Schlitz Ice?

That's some real IPA LE. Sold one day only at Noon Whistle Brewery in Lombard, IL. Good luck finding some.

http://www.noonwhistlebrewing.com/planters-collaboration.html

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No I don't believe so. They ended it by choice.
It happens! Ted Danson pulled the plug on Cheers.
Anyway better hurry up on those Primus buys. They are down to 8 left!

I know, I was just mocking that Larry king interview when he asked that same ? To jerry and he lost his shit...I watch too much crap on YouTube

Quoted from BackFlipper:

I bet you all wish you had some of these. In my fridge right now.[quoted image]

Hoping that’s just a play on words and not a peanut flavored beer

#549 5 years ago

wonder price

B05CEE01-C3FB-4210-81BD-25BBC9206341 (resized).pngB05CEE01-C3FB-4210-81BD-25BBC9206341 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-they-come-primus-pinball/page/11?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.