AAAB8D9D-D314-4446-9761-AE0C26A7C029 (resized).jpeg
00DCEBE7-17EC-45A3-8C22-9D2B07E93002 (resized).jpeg
3308EDB7-4F1B-44DE-924F-1FAF4AA029E7 (resized).jpeg
51113C64-44D8-460E-BFA7-DFF1323F634D (resized).jpeg
IMG_6568 (resized).jpg
20190106_090900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6564 (resized).jpg
IMG_6567 (resized).jpg
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also would have accepted "maroon 5" or "nickelback."
I have no idea who Megan Trainer is though.
My question to you is this: If you are such a huge Primus fan does it really matter which 13 songs are in the game? He who hesitates will not get his Primus game.

Call me crazy that I'd want to know which songs come with a game before I give them over $8k of my money.

I'm a fan, not a super crazy fan. I'm not that way about anything. I love a lot of their songs. They also have a good bit of songs I don't care for. Keep trying to make lame points though.

#452 5 years ago

The site tells me there are 48 left. Selling 52 in that short window is pretty impressive.

#453 5 years ago

ok it gives me 48 left for curbside, 10 for inside delivery, 8 for white glove

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Call me crazy that I'd want to know which songs come with a game before I give them over $8k of my money.

There are no modes or animations to tie in with songs, so it would be a transparent swap in Pinball Browser. Not like changing songs in something like Maiden where it breaks the integration.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Yeah, they are probably going to sell these out within a week or so, which is really impressive IMO.

I'm rolling the dice on being able to pick one up in a few years for much, much less than retail...when the shipping/tax is factored in, you're looking at over $9K in California.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There are no modes or animations to tie in with songs, so it would be a transparent swap in Pinball Browser. Not like changing songs in something like Maiden where it breaks the integration.

If I buy one of these games, can you make it so all 13 songs are "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver?"

I'll buy you lunch!

#457 5 years ago

This is a pretty bitchin idea. A pinball machine is like the ultimate band merch and if they can do tiny runs like this for bands that are into it I bet we will see more and more boutique themes coming out. It would be awesome if they could get a few classic Stern playfield designs in the rotation for the licensees to choose from so we get some variety, but either way if the artwork is as sick nasty as this I doubt any fans will even care. I bet there would be a big market for translight prints for the fans who miss out or find a giant $8k box impractical.

P.S. Primus sucks

#458 5 years ago

Wish I had the space for one right now. I never really cared for WNBJM or PBRCC, but this theme definitely suits me. The artwork is freaking amazing.

My CD’s

BE40774E-9D06-4FBB-90C8-96425DAE926D (resized).jpegBE40774E-9D06-4FBB-90C8-96425DAE926D (resized).jpeg
#459 5 years ago

Dead link.

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.37.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.37.54 PM (resized).png
#460 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Dead link.
[quoted image]

Quoted from JeffreeStar:

They removed the first page and moved it to a new link, I had to search "pinball" on the actual site for it to pop up: https://clubbastardo.themerchcollective.com/products/primus-custom-pinball-machine-limited-edition-signed

#461 5 years ago

In light of a recent industry guy who got offended because people didn't like this re-theme... let me tell you a story.

I remember being disappointed when the Beatles game was shown....
I remember voicing my disappointment.
I remember smug people telling me "You know, don't be disappointed. This game wasn't meant for you."

Then I remember being a little bit offended myself, thinking....

I'm a huge Beatles fan, I have money, and already have 33 pinball machines in my house. If this game wasn't meant for me, then, WTF????

That's my story. Maybe you'll understand what I mean. Maybe not. Can't be bothered if you don't.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

smug people telling me "You know, don't be disappointed. This game wasn't meant for you."

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

In light of a recent industry guy who got offended because people didn't like this re-theme... let me tell you a story.
I remember being disappointed when the Beatles game was shown....
I remember voicing my disappointment.
I remember smug people telling me "You know, don't be disappointed. This game wasn't meant for you."

First they rethemed a home game for Supreme, and sold it for $10,000.
But I did not protest, as I am old and do not understand Supreme.

Then, they rethemed Nellie into Pabst for $7,000,
but I did not protest, as I do not like disgusting beer.

Next, they spruced up Seawitch for an $8000 Beatles game.
But I did not protest, as I'm a Stones guy.

But then they made an $8,000 Primus game.
And there's was nobody left to protest. Cause we were all sick of complaining.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I liked the "because who likes Primus, anyway?" before the edit.

And, I've never been a fan, honestly. It's like some of the most talented musicians in the world doing their best to make music that's impossible to listen to.....

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's my biggest turnoff with it and that type of pin, no modes to tie in the theme. It's just... generic game play. Guess that's why I don't have any of these in my collection, I'd get bored within a day. Oh well, tons of other pins I want, no need to dwell on it.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

how do you see what's left?

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

how do you see what's left?

Place 70 of 'em in your cart and find out!

Looks like about 50 have sold. I wonder what Primus' break even point is.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm a Stones guy

my condolences! I'd rather have the Primus.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Wish I had the space for one right now.

Buy it Craig! Buy it now!!!!! lol

#470 5 years ago

Primus Sucks!

#471 5 years ago

Sir this is the INTERNET!

#472 5 years ago

Remember when pinball was just about the high score? Remember how much fun you had? This layout is fantastic challenge to everyone when you understand the basic ( I mean basic ) premise.
Mode based games are way over rated IMO.

Just rock out to your favourite music and flip.

MELLUNS!

#473 5 years ago

Primus is actually my favorite band theme they have done so far. I also love the Can Crusher and Whoa Nellie themes.

So I guess to really get with the program, I need to get rid of some of these old clunkers, so I can have all three sitting next to each other.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

First they rethemed a home game for Supreme, and sold it for $10,000.
But I did not protest, as I am old and do not understand Supreme.
Then, they rethemed Nellie into Pabst for $7,000,
but I did not protest, as I do not like disgusting beer.
Next, they spruced up Seawitch for an $8000 Beatles game.
But I did not protest, as I'm a Stones guy.

...hey, at least I got the "Game of the Decade" Iron Maiden pin of my dreams this year! So it's not all bad news...

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Remember when pinball was just about the high score? Remember how much fun you had?

Haha whatever old man. Score doesn't mean anything because then you'd have to compete and that's not cool bro. Without a story, $500 added lights & $200 sound I can't get immersed, and if you don't have immersion you got nothin'. How is a pinball machine gonna immerse me with no storyline...just go for points?!?! Impossible.

#476 5 years ago

Here is the track list for the Primus fans that are still on the fence.

Too Many Puppies
Frizzle Fry
John the Fisherman
Harold of the Rocks
Jerry was a Race Car Driver
Tommy the Cat
Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers
My Name is Mud
Southbound Pachyderm
Mr. Krinkle
Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver
Last Salmon Man
The Seven

Good pinball playin’ stuff if you ask me!

Obviously WNBJM’s “Thumpin’ Time”, turns into Pudding Time, which is a nice bonus!
Somebody play this thing so we can know what other hidden tracks are peppered into this game!

Was hoping for “The Toys go Winding Down” but, it’s still a way better set list than what you get on the Beatles.
Big thanks to Lisa (at TMC) for answering all my questions.

#477 5 years ago

HAROLD MADE IT FUK YEAHHHH
Now who wants to loan me 8k?

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Here is the track list for Primus fans that are still on the fence.
Too Many Puppies
Frizzle Fry
John the Fisherman
Harold of the Rocks
Jerry was a Race Car
Tommy the Cat
Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers
My Name is Mud
Southbound Pachyderm
Mr. Krinkle
Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver
Last Salmon Man
The Seven
Good pinball playin’ stuff if you ask me!

Tell you what Nimble, when you get yours I'll help you hook up some bells and put that gobble hole back where it used to be.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Now who wants to loan me 8k?

“I’ll use my credit card!”

8DFC5F27-3D2A-40E0-BEC0-A0A84BC724AD (resized).jpeg8DFC5F27-3D2A-40E0-BEC0-A0A84BC724AD (resized).jpeg
#480 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I clicked on their site at exactly 12:25 and they were completely sold out!!!

Are they sold out?

#481 5 years ago

With all the love fest in this thread for Primus this should have been sold out. We are talking like 100 games?!!!

Time to put up your money up for this fan favorite so we can get it off the assembly line for other higher priorities!

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are they sold out?

Yes. I've learned that "sold out" means that one day they will all be sold. So they were sold out before they were ever even thought of.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

With all the love fest in this thread for Primus this should have been sold out. We are talking like 100 games?!!!
Time to put up your money up for this fan favorite so we can get it off the assembly line for other higher priorities!

Primus bought all of the games from stern already. Doesn't matter how quick they sell on the Primus website. Stern will make them in 3 days and be done with them.

#484 5 years ago

Sargent Baker should be on that track list.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Primus bought all of the games from stern already. Doesn't matter how quick they sell on the Primus website. Stern will make them in 3 days and be done with them.

Good for Stern - I get that and agree with them making some $$$$.

However that is not a measure of the game success. I am trying to figure how well this game does with the model / options chosen to make it from a general “pinball enthusiast” POV.

#486 5 years ago

So who's looking forward to the next game they used this tried and proven layout on?

#487 5 years ago

THEY CALL HIM JOHN THE FISHERMAN

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So who's looking forward to the next game they used this tried and proven layout on?

Oh, that’s an easy money question right there!
2806C616-56BE-4ADE-8116-7B93B39E8336 (resized).jpeg2806C616-56BE-4ADE-8116-7B93B39E8336 (resized).jpeg

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Oh, that’s easy money right there!

I've got a beat up Gottlied Whirl-Wind playfield from 1957 that I was getting ready to shit can.

But now, between the two of us and those long cold Ca. winter nights, I think we might be able to retheme it, add some cool music and have a major hit on our hands!

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

think we might be able to retheme it, add some cool music and have a major hit on our hands!

Four player Pit Stop!!!
$12K by Kwanzaa!

#491 5 years ago

His show wasn’t canceled was it?

#492 5 years ago

https://www.jambase.com/article/primus-pinball-machine-limited-edition-custom

Get ready! The new, limited edition Primus Pinball Machine will be available tomorrow at 10am CST.

• Limited edition of 100
• Manufactured by @sternpinball
• Artwork by @zzzoltron & zombieyeti
• Signed by the whole band

#493 5 years ago

Neat article, but in all that description, for some reason they neglect to mention any of the amazing features on the playfield.

#494 5 years ago

Those callouts recorded by Les are sweet.

#495 5 years ago

If Primus chose Dennis's layout because they like it better than any than anything else out there now, I totally get it and it all makes sense.

#496 5 years ago

hurray for Mr. Krinkle! Great track list.

#497 5 years ago

looks like there's only about 10 left.

#498 5 years ago

I got so hammered last night I almost bought one.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I got so hammered last night I almost bought one.

Repeat performance tonight, but this time buy all remaining games at 2 minutes to midnight.

#500 5 years ago

Seriously, my thinking was people pay thousands of dollars for a nice jukebox, so why not?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-they-come-primus-pinball/page/10?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.