Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by captainBR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F3D7344-8BCF-4B1F-8B07-8287CDCA5644 (resized).jpeg
    5nolqf (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 2 years ago

F U Flippers

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

Until we collectively stop buying from flippers (and the distributors who overprice) this will just continue to go nuts and price the honest hobbyists out of the markets and leave pinball for elitists. And that sucks.

Here’s the problem. The normal dealers that don’t mark up will be out of stock.

I’ll want a BM66 for example, call several dealers who have no stock and also out of spots for pre order. So I’ll call a few more dealers they want a mark up price if they have a slot.

It’s just that there is not enough supply. Then the used machines will ask for more than NIB price and they’ll get it because there is no supply.

Have you been following the housing market? People will offer $40k+ over list price. I know people who want a house and they say sometimes there are people lined up to buy and pay over list price. If you don’t pay over you likely won’t get the house.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

Does the shaker come with a premium?Foiled side art on cabinet, how much is that worth? Someone’s time to acquire and install the items, let’s call it a convenience fee. I’d hate to mess up the cabinet or side art putting on new powder coated rails over a couple of hundred bucks too. When you add all this up there isn’t much difference.
    Now that is assuming you want those upgrades. Some people do and some don’t.

You can’t buy anything from the LE like the back glass, cabinet decal, even the inside side art is specific to the LE and not for sale. A shaker is around $100-150 and easy to install.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-s-the-deal-don-t-buy-a-flip?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.