Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by captainBR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F3D7344-8BCF-4B1F-8B07-8287CDCA5644 (resized).jpeg
    5nolqf (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:Godzilla LE already going up on market for $14k+
    Too many people complaining and then people buying.
    Get it under control. Don't buy the flips. That simple. Not sure it could be anymore clear than that.
    I roll my eyes, and laugh, and then feel mad because we see these flipper prices, then complain about it in every forum and thread. But they still get bought. The FOMO in this space is ridiculous. If we (collectively) don't want the prices to continue like this, then we (collectively) need to not buy them at such "unreasonable" prices. (isn't capitalism grand? I say "unreasonable" because it's worth "what someone is willing to pay")
    Ok, that is all. GO PINBALL!

Can you explain how or why you sold the second highest rated machine for you?

Seems you have lots of truely highly rated games on your wish list.

You did not just highly rate your Getaway to flip it for more money did you?

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

In this hobby nothing brings my piss to a boil more than this complete sh*thouse practise. I freaking HATE seeing LE's for sale 2nd hand still in the box, or even before you've received the damned thing.
    Basically destroy the chance of a real pinball + theme fan getting an LE just so you can then take advantage of that "enthusiasm" and make a bit of cash.
    Yeah yeah, who cares let people spend their money how they want, let people charge for what they want etc... But if you think this sort of crap isn't also driving up prices across the board and now even pricing some folks out of the market (which is happening here is Aus) you are being naive. It doesn't belong in this hobby, no matter what anyone tries to tell me about supply and demand. I wish there was some way to ban this sh*t, but what can you do?

How much would you like to see the overall price of pins drop? 10%? 50%?

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jack8765:

You’re calling this guy out, but damn man, look in the mirror.

My apologies if I came across as calling him out. I am more curious of his thoughts, not saying mine are correct.

I have always wanted a MM Royal and figured this was one way I could catch one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-s-the-deal-don-t-buy-a-flip?tu=johnttwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.