Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by captainBR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F3D7344-8BCF-4B1F-8B07-8287CDCA5644 (resized).jpeg
    5nolqf (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 2 years ago

The only way this stops is very simple. Stern needs to keep escalating the LE cost and increasing the LE quantity until buyers tap out at MSRP price and the variance for flipping is reduced to zero because of lack of interest.

Stern should increase the next LE to $11,499 @ 1250 units. At some point the market will be satisfied through the MSRP / distributor model and it is in Stern's best interest more than anyone to push to find that equilibrium.

If they raised to 1250 units @ $11,499 and only sold 1,119 through to distributors (making up a number here) - then they just don't build the remaining few and they now have a successful litmus test for what the market actually will absorb. Right now as Godzilla has shown us, the market wants to absorb more than 1000.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrisCrow:

why would any company want to do this? what benefit is there for them? if it was me id be happy that my product was next to unobtainable and people were charging and paying double what I initially charged. means I was successful

I dunno...capitalism?? The market continues to demonstrate to Stern with each release that they are repeatedly leaving money on the table. Why would they want to do that on their premier product line? The margins are the biggest on the LE and can be even bigger in their favor. They don't make pinball machines out of the goodness of their hearts. They aren't a not-for-profit existing for the love of the hobby. Its a balance and any smart business would be constantly evaluating the variables in the market, beyond just market absorption of product, to establish price points and quantities.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-s-the-deal-don-t-buy-a-flip?tu=Dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.