3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bk2k matrix (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have a BK2K that works fine almost all the time. BUT every two or three games the game will TILT. The tilt bob is sitting in the bottom of the game so that isnt the problem. I do not move it any when I am playing it. Nothing else appears to be affected as in during switch mode every switch is tested and no other switch reacts when the tilt switch is made. Doesnt happen when any particular target is hit as far as I can tell. I have taken the glass of and started a game and hit all the targets trying to make it happen and I can make it happen. Only way it happens is during ball play when the silver ball hits something. Not Every game, just once in a while. Never seen this happen before. Any ideas would be great. I am a fairly good mechanic but intermittent problems are the worst.
My next plan is to replace the MPU (New Rottendog in it right now) with an original MPU.

#3 3 years ago

It has a brand new Rottondog board in it. No batteries on those boards. Waiting for the original MPU to come back from Coin Op Cauldron so I can do the switch.

#5 3 years ago

With there being NO movement while a game is being played, they shouldnt be a problem. Also when a SLAM tilt switch is activated, the game will go immediately into the GAME OVER mode instead of the ball draining and then the next ball being served up.

#8 3 years ago

I plan on looking at everything in the column or row for the tilt but it is NOT the slam tilt that is happening. It is the normal tilt which has only One switch. I think there are three slam tilt switches in most electronic games.

#10 3 years ago

I didnt know about that one. Thanks, I will check it

#11 3 years ago

Anyone know where the PHYSICAL location of switch number 9 is? Its for the playfield tilt but it doesnt show that in the book and I have searched everywhere on the underside of the playfield and found nothing. The game still tilts once in a while when it feels like it.

#12 3 years ago

Turns out switch nine is three unconnected wires under the bottom playfield by the flippers. The game is still randomly tilting and I havnt discovered why that is yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-s-a-dandy-problem?tu=pinballshack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.