100_4739.JPG
100_4738.JPG
100_4737.JPG
100_4736.JPG
100_4732.JPG
100_4731.JPG
100_4730.JPG
100_4729.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JWS64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 11 years ago

Congrats on the purchase. Glad you decided to take the plunge and take a chance on XF. It really is one of the most underrated pins out there.

Unless some kind of financial disaster/meltdown forces me to sell I'm hoping mine always has a place in my home. Hopefully a sell scenario never enters my life.

#62 11 years ago

I like the black rubbers on my XF because they don't show black marks from dirt like white rubbers do. Don't think anything could convince me to change to white ones.

#91 11 years ago

I'd like to know where the previous owner got the custom rule cards for it. They look great and
alot better than the standard one's that originally came with the machine.

Your pin looks like it's in perfect condition. From the looks of it the only way you'd have a better one would be for it to be new in box. Your's is outstanding.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What I love is someone before me (Todd?) installed their own version of Cliffy protectors at the end of the ball ramps to protect the very tips of the ramps from cracking due to the ball's velocity right before it goes into the in-lanes.

I'm not 100% sure that someone else did that, because mine has the same protectors installed. I'm thinking they came that way from the factory. Which I'm glad they did that to protect this area.

One thing I did when I first got mine was take the glass off and run the game through all the modes to see all the episodes that you play through to get to the final one that is "blood". I took the ball and with my hand ran it through the loops and into the trap door to access all the modes.

I've never completed a game where I accessed all the modes to get to Blood. That's gotta be a challenge that one day I complete. Just hitting the ramps on a frequent basis is challenge enough on any given day. You really have to be dead on in hitting the ramps or the ball just ain't making it's way all the way through, in part because of the drop-out holes in the back of the ramps.

One thing you might not know, thought I'd throw this out there for you - if you hold the right flipper in while pushing in the start button you will start the pin in "wizard" mode. Hold the left flipper in and push start and you enter "tournament' mode.

Going into the games software setting inside the door you can set the pin for different tournament modes based on the name of the tournament.

There's also a novice mode setting that enables a newbie to play for a set amount of time and every time the ball drains it automatically kicks it back out to the player to keep on playing.

1 month later
#115 11 years ago

My XF sold yesterday, to a guy who lives near Lake Wylie SC. His first pin. He will probably come by here and do some lurking, maybe join as a forum member.

Both my pins are sold, I'm out of the hobby for the present. I'm not out of pinside. I'm keeping my membership here. Just because I have no pins doesn't mean I can't observe from afar.

NewPinowner, I'm glad your carrying on the XF tradition.

After the new owner left my house yesterday I got in my Expedition, went to Wally World aka Walmart and bought a 65 inch Toshiba lcd flatscreen. It's the monster screen I've always wanted in my movie room. My 40" and 46" Toshiba's look very small compared to the massive size of the 65".

I have one of those Flukeman statue's that Mulder2010 posted. It weighs maybe more than a couple of lbs. With the incline I had on my XF I wasn't going to chance it as a topper. One too many shakes on the pin and I was thinking it would take a nosedive and crash into the glass. While I know that glass can take a beating I wasn't going to risk it.

I'm at peace with my decision to sale the pins. No regret, no remorse. It feels really good to have a screen the size of a movie screen to watch football, racing, blurays, etc. Both the pins sold to people that really wanted them, so I know they went to good homes.

Adios!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JWS64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-it-comespin-number-4?tu=JWS64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.