100_4739.JPG
100_4738.JPG
100_4737.JPG
100_4736.JPG
100_4732.JPG
100_4731.JPG
100_4730.JPG
100_4729.JPG
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from wornoutshoes:

Hey newpinowner, gotten any chance to shoot that video? Hope to see another soon, Happy 4th!

Note one of my most recent posts. I asked what people would like from the video. I haven't received any responses, so I didn't want to shoot a "random" video not knowing exactly what to emphasize on the pin.

Let me know what you want to see, and I'll make the vid.

#102 11 years ago

AHEM...

Awesome. You'll be glad in the end that there is some kind of playfield protection. Even Sega knew it was a problem. They eventually released a "fix" where owners were to install these metal plates covering the area forward of the filing cabinet.

>>>>>>Oh, and as far as the video goes, I'd just really like to see a complete gameplay demonstration as close to this as possible:
http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/last-action-hero/
in fact, pinball.org states on their website that you can make videos such as the ones they make at PAPA and submit them. If the game play is good enough and the video is clear enough and at the right angle and such, they'll upload it to the site so that others can see the game play for themselves. Kind of a way to preserve the pin and let others know why it's worth saving.
I'd also really like to see a closeup of the machine and hear you tell us what you think of it after you've been playing it for a while. A review!
By the way, I live in Orlando. I've raced the guy with the 2JZ powered DeLorean.<<<<<<

BTW, regarding that last bit of info about the 2JZ Delorean, this is a video of MY car.

Hint, I'm the orange one.

The other car is a supercharged Pontiac GXP. I broke my rearend on this pass and was fortunate enough to be able to limp it home. Probably why I'm a full second slower than I should be.

edit: weird, this is the first forum I've been on that doesn't allow BBL or colors or bold or italics or anything! Umm, kinda makes it hard to point out text. And I'm not gonna go re-type old text in caps lock. Also this forum has the smallest cashe of smilies ever. I'm not complaining, I'm too new to do that. I'm just pointing out there's ample room for textual improvement.

#103 11 years ago

AHEM...

BTW, regarding that last bit of info about the 2JZ Delorean, this is a video of MY car.
Hint, I'm the orange one.
The other car is a supercharged Pontiac GXP. I broke my rearend on this pass and was fortunate enough to be able to limp it home. Probably why I'm a full second slower than I should be.
» YouTube video
edit: weird, this is the first forum I've been on that doesn't allow BBL or colors or bold or italics or anything! Umm, kinda makes it hard to point out text. And I'm not gonna go re-type old text in caps lock. Also this forum has the smallest cashe of smilies ever. I'm not complaining, I'm too new to do that. I'm just pointing out there's ample room for textual improvement.

Thank you. That post must have slipped my mind - my apologies. I'll make it pretty soon now .

#104 11 years ago

So for kicks - just cause I am THAT big of a nerd...

I hung the IWTB poster from X-Files seasons 1-5 before it gets torched at the end of season 5. Unfortunately, it turns out that particular image was property of a photographer, and from my understanding, that's why Mulder's IWTB poster is of a slightly different image from seasons 6-9. Something like that at least....

100_4840.JPG100_4840.JPG

#105 11 years ago

nice topic, most for the pin of course...

my son is born in '95, than he doesnt know x-files, that's why we're watching at the moment the 9 full seasons

he than tried & liked the pin on VPinball, with a quite "incredible" score of ... 266M

enjoy !

2 weeks later
#106 11 years ago

So, hows the new pin working out? Getting any good practice time in for that video?

#107 11 years ago

my old x files is for sale in bloomington mn at lieberman companies if anyone's interested in one great game but was hard for me to get into they could have done better when they designed it.. definetly enjoy my gilligan's that i traded it for much more

#108 11 years ago

So, hows the new pin working out? Getting any good practice time in for that video?

I absolutely am. I'm currently in a class for the USAF from 8am-4pm so yeah, it's taking longer than I thought it would.

Here's my final answer: the video will be done when it's done.... =/

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I absolutely am. I'm currently in a class for the USAF from 8am-4pm so yeah, it's taking longer than I thought it would.
Here's my final answer: the video will be done when it's done.... =/

Sweet. No rush dude, I'll just keep checking back periodically.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

. I'm currently in a class for the USAF from 8am-4pm

Do you get to go onto Wright Patterson Air Force Base? If so, do you know where they put the wreckage from Roswell? You can PM the info if it is top secret.

#111 11 years ago

I work as active duty over at WPAFB Area A, and school is over at AFIT on Area B.

Legend has it that the UFOs went to Nevada, and the alien bodies came to WrightPat. I actually know where one or two of the bodies "supposedly" are buried.

I wont deny, there are some unique things on the base - just got to know what buildings to be in and where to look .

*insert X-Files music here*

The Truth is Out There.....

2 weeks later
#112 11 years ago

I just got a X-Files. I already have several Sega machines (Lost in Space and Godzilla), and I am buying a Lost World JP2 this weekend. They are simple, but I love Sega machines.

I would love some additional pictures of LED'd machines. Going to do mine and not sure how I want to do it yet.

Godzilla (with green GI LEDs), and Lost in Space (with blue) just look so badass!

Brian

#113 11 years ago

Topper?

DSC06714.JPGDSC06714.JPG

#114 11 years ago

SWEET !!!!

#115 11 years ago

My XF sold yesterday, to a guy who lives near Lake Wylie SC. His first pin. He will probably come by here and do some lurking, maybe join as a forum member.

Both my pins are sold, I'm out of the hobby for the present. I'm not out of pinside. I'm keeping my membership here. Just because I have no pins doesn't mean I can't observe from afar.

NewPinowner, I'm glad your carrying on the XF tradition.

After the new owner left my house yesterday I got in my Expedition, went to Wally World aka Walmart and bought a 65 inch Toshiba lcd flatscreen. It's the monster screen I've always wanted in my movie room. My 40" and 46" Toshiba's look very small compared to the massive size of the 65".

I have one of those Flukeman statue's that Mulder2010 posted. It weighs maybe more than a couple of lbs. With the incline I had on my XF I wasn't going to chance it as a topper. One too many shakes on the pin and I was thinking it would take a nosedive and crash into the glass. While I know that glass can take a beating I wasn't going to risk it.

I'm at peace with my decision to sale the pins. No regret, no remorse. It feels really good to have a screen the size of a movie screen to watch football, racing, blurays, etc. Both the pins sold to people that really wanted them, so I know they went to good homes.

Adios!

#116 11 years ago

JWS64, I don't own any machines. I'm in the market for my first pin. I'm waiting till the big convention that comes down here to get it though. Unless I see a good deal before then. I'm just a cab driving college student, not a rich guy by any means. Till then, I'm happy to post on here and enjoy talking pinball with other pinheads. Other than that, I play pinball on my PS3, my iPhone, and in the occasional bar and hotel lobby.

#117 11 years ago

JWS64, I don't own any machines. I'm in the market for my first pin. I'm waiting till the big convention that comes down here to get it though. Unless I see a good deal before then. I'm just a cab driving college student, not a rich guy by any means. Till then, I'm happy to post on here and enjoy talking pinball with other pinheads. Other than that, I play pinball on my PS3, my iPhone, and in the occasional bar and hotel lobby.

Find the video thread I told you about yet?

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Find the video thread I told you about yet?

wow, no, I didn't. Hell, I didn't even realize I'd gotten mail. Awesome! I'll look for it right now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-it-comespin-number-4/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.