100_4739.JPG
100_4738.JPG
100_4737.JPG
100_4736.JPG
100_4732.JPG
100_4731.JPG
100_4730.JPG
100_4729.JPG
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Hey everyone!

I titled the thread as I did because I'm going to go get this pin this weekend, but I'm excited to share it with everyone, so here are the pictures of it.

Man, I love underdog games (read: not A-list titles), so I'm going out on a bit of a limb here and trying something a bit different. I present to you, the X-Files!

100_5255.JPG100_5255.JPG 100_5263.JPG100_5263.JPG 100_5264.JPG100_5264.JPG 100_5266.JPG100_5266.JPG 100_5267.JPG100_5267.JPG 100_5268.JPG100_5268.JPG

#2 11 years ago

More!

100_5269.JPG100_5269.JPG 100_5270.JPG100_5270.JPG 100_5271.JPG100_5271.JPG 100_5272.JPG100_5272.JPG 100_5273.JPG100_5273.JPG 100_5275.JPG100_5275.JPG

#3 11 years ago

MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

100_5277.JPG100_5277.JPG 100_5281.JPG100_5281.JPG 100_5282.JPG100_5282.JPG 100_5286.JPG100_5286.JPG 100_5289.JPG100_5289.JPG 100_5293.JPG100_5293.JPG

#4 11 years ago

And finally, the last of the pictures of it!

I really look forward to bringing this one home.

Why the XF you might ask? Well...

1. I was 12 when the show came out and I watched it RELIGIOUSLY all the way to the end of season 5, and those are the seasons this pin really focuses on so that's a huge plus!

2. I LOVE rooting for the underdog in nearly everything, and the XF pin is no stranger to that. This pin has had some of the most harsh thrashings (cough: reviews) I've ever seen. I took the time to play it on VpinMame/Virtual Pin, and I really dont understand what all the hate is about. It plays like a really fun pin.

3. It's part of my way of demonstrating that there ARE some fun B (And maybe in this case "C" title pins out there. I'm burned out with the A-titles with the exception of TAF. Sometimes, it seems like the all that everyone has is MB, CV, AFM, MM, TZ, FH, TOTAN, insert Stern title here, etc. I like knowing all my pins are B-titles, and I intend on keeping it that way !

4. I frankly flat-out just love the pin's looks. I think it flat out looks awesome. The music, the callouts, the toys, the filing cabinet and drop-hole similar to TMNT's manhole cover, the lightshow, the ramps - it just looks great. I can't wait to bring it home this weekend!

There are minuses to everything - XF is no different. I dont like that it's a "showcase" pin where only some of the PF comes up and out of the cabinet. I dont like that parts for it will be darn hard to find (like 99% of pins out there). One speaker system..? Yuck. A florescent bulb in the translite backbox...? Lame.

And yes, this will be getting the full LED treatment as usual .

Woohoo, #4 since April! Man, the addiction never stops >_< !!!

IMAG0634.jpgIMAG0634.jpg IMAG0646.jpgIMAG0646.jpg IMAG0648.jpgIMAG0648.jpg 100_5295.JPG100_5295.JPG

#5 11 years ago

That sure looks like a cool game. Never played xfiles before. Congrats!

#6 11 years ago

Welcome to the x-files owners club! Let me know if I can be of any help. And there is a stereo mod that you can do to fix the single speaker issue.

She looks like a beauty for sure.

Glenn

#7 11 years ago

Never played a X-Files, but I really like my SST. Don't see those around very often. Congrats on the new pin!

#8 11 years ago

I like X-files relatively simple but fast and fun if you like the theme.

Good find

Congrats and enjoy your new toy

#9 11 years ago

I has a want! looks great!

#10 11 years ago

Thank you everyone for your kind compliments! I really look forward to bringing this one home. It is a nice, straight-forward, fun-looking pin. There's something about the side art on the cabinet - so simple yet so captivating. One of the reasons I bought it was due to its rarity at only 1500 produced - kinda a poor man's Cactus Canyon so to speak!

I'll take plenty of pictures and some video once it gets home - I'd say by this Sunday it should be home! Now I got to make some room D: ....

#11 11 years ago

Hey congrats!! I got to work n play a bit on a friends liked the FBI pop up. Hope you end up loving it.

#12 11 years ago

Nice (soon-to-be) pickup! By this time next year your pins are going to need their own house.

#13 11 years ago

Nice looking pin and great attitude.
Seems like some machines have the "Cool becasue everyone wants one" type popularity.
Awesome that you can find one that fits you.

#14 11 years ago

Congratulations! I've never played one but it looks really cool. This one appears to be in really nice shape too.

#15 11 years ago

I loved the X-Files show, but didn't like the pin the first couple of times I played it. However, I played another X-Files pin a few weeks ago, and I payed attention to the modes and what I was supposed to be doing, and I found myself starting to enjoy it quite a bit. I'd definitely add one to my collection if I got a chance.

Congrats and have fun with it!

#16 11 years ago

Congrats on adding another pin!

Boy oh boy gotta say though....this pins gotta face that only a die hard X Fan could love!

Meaning no offense at all but this pin is uuuuuuggly,when i first layed eyes on one i thought it looked home made! Wheres the art? the playfield and cabinet are bare!

I hope you have played first cause for me gameplay is only marginally better than she looks

Anyway i love that you love it........ i have my own guilty pleasures in SF2 and Freddy

#17 11 years ago

congratulations looks like a nice clean game. I think you are gonna love it. I feel the same way about these b and c games XF looks real good with LEDs!

DSC00526.jpgDSC00526.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Hey, someone stole my picture! lol. Yes, this machine looks great with LEDs installed. Here is a picture of the full playfield of the machine above. The game doesn't have the deepest rule set, but it is a challenge as a number of the shot are pretty tight.

DSC00528.JPGDSC00528.JPG

#19 11 years ago

I'd actually like to give one of these a try, being a fan of the series it would be a cool theme if developed well!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Hey, someone stole my picture! lol

Its not your picture its a pic of mine! I probably did steal your color layout though (Google images x-files LEDs) it looked so good I tried to copy it as best as I could.
shit i just noticed this is your picture I put green post sleeves on mine I guess I dont have any of mine on this comp.

Post edited by ssbodyman : I f-ed up

#21 11 years ago

Congrats man! X-files looks like a fun game. I was a HUGE fan of the series as a kid. I'm on the same page as ya with the B and C titles. Have fun! (PM me when you're done with this game, I'd be all over that deal)

#22 11 years ago

Congrats on your 4th pin. Have fun and enjoy!

#23 11 years ago

X-Files is a fun game. More fun than a new TF LE for a lot less money...

#24 11 years ago

Wow, that X-Files looks EXACTLY like the one sitting in my game room right now.

Look forward to meeting you this weekend Jeremiah!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

Wow, that X-files looks EXACTLY like the one sitting in my game room right now.
Look forward to meeting you this weekend Jeremiah!

I certainly look forward to taking it off your hands. Glad I could help !

#26 11 years ago

Very clean, nice find, DAMN it looks sweet with LEDs and I'd like one now as I finally had some quality time on a machine last year.

#27 11 years ago

Congrats! It's a pin I would like in my collection. Love the show so it's almost a must get for the wife and I

#28 11 years ago

Scasey it look awesome w leds

#29 11 years ago

I've played Todd's X-Files and it looks and plays incredible just like all the other games in his collection! Nicest X-Files I've seen or played hands down. You're going to be very pleased when you pick it up this weekend. It's a fun and fast game and I'm going to be sad to see it go.

#30 11 years ago

I have found the "underdogs" great as well..

Just added 24 and CSI..settings on hard and extra hard on some of them..tight shots and refreshing PF layouts...i and loving them both.....

i have been through and or played to death most of the A listers, and they have all gone away...

TZ i would like to replace one day here....

Current in house line up..Sopranos, DH, CSI, 24, Airborne, IM Genesis...

and a boatload of SYS80B games and a few SYS 3's as well...

All keepers for me....

Cause they are cool and STUPID EXPENSIVE doesnt mean they are ALL THAT !

#31 11 years ago

Scully looks good on that back glass!!

#32 11 years ago

nice and its in really nice condition, congrats

#34 11 years ago

Congrats on your XF pickup.

#35 11 years ago

Just thought I'd give an update for everyone - my fiance got a lil' sick over the weekend, so I was not able to go get XF. I have paid for the machine in full, and as evident by the pictures Todd sent me, it is ready to be picked up by NAVL. Here is the machine ready to go - hopefully we can get it here by June 8th (tentative date NAVL mentioned).

I'll keep everyone in the loop and post pictures and video when it gets here!

100_5303.JPG100_5303.JPG 100_5301.JPG100_5301.JPG 100_5298.JPG100_5298.JPG

#36 11 years ago

nice pick..that is a good looking machine....

#37 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for such great compliments - especially Treveism's comments regarding the condition of the machine. I'll admit - I took a chance on this one at first. Todd showed me the pictures that I showed here in my original post, and they are much higher quality before being uploaded. They looked outstanding, and so we talked it up a bit, and being the fourth machine and it being a Sega, I totally threw caution into the wind and went for broke.

Seeing the pictures of the machine ready to go and the outstanding job Todd has done getting it ready, I look forward to getting it home. Once it gets here and I've had sometime to play it and let it "settle in", I look forward to being able to say that you CAN get a pin long-distance. You just have to evaluate the situation, get the facts and the pictures, ask LOTS of questions, and weigh things out - what you have to gain vs lose and how much it will affect you or your finances if everything falls through. Given the price and condition of the machine, I decided to take the risk, and it looks like it will be well worth it.

For some Pinsiders to vouch for Todd even after I had already committed was the shining moment that told me my choice was worth it. Now, hopefully NAVL will deliver it safely. Todd already took the legs off, so hopefully they won't re-attach the legs as I've heard they have transported pins with the legs ON ....

#38 11 years ago

Congrats!!! Looks great!

1 week later
#39 11 years ago

I'm a huge fan of the X-Files show and movies. I live in Orlando and so I have several places where I can pay&play. However, while I like the diversity of that lifestyle, I think it's time for me to settle down. So I've been looking at getting my first pin. My budget is not much so that immediately kicks out the A-list games like TZ, TAF, and TOM. Some of the B-list games too like LAH, TFTC and RBON. So I've been looking at C-list games. Besides the really awesome theme of X-Files, I've noticed a striking similarity to another game that I've played alot and really enjoyed. TOM. Yeah, I know I know, how dare I blaspheme against the A-list holy top ten, but hear me out. There is a tight inner loop just like TOM that feeds directly back to the center, the cabinet eats balls on the third hit just like TOM (it's just in a different location (center instead of left)), and the right ramp with the trap door directly in front of it is almost a total rip-off of TOM! The play is supposed to be fast and tight just like TOM. Hell, it even looks like TOM... just kidding! Maybe if you were sprayed with mace in a dark room, lol. I'm just saying, the setup of this game is about as original as a Micheal Bay film. Someone said something about imitation, flattery, and some other such nonsense I don't remember.

Ok, so since I like the theme, and I see such similarities to another game that I really like to play but can't possibly afford, I'm kinda sold! There's just one problem. On the entire internet, there's not one single good video of this pin. I checked. For months. There's like 6 videos on youtube but the steadycam vids are all glare shots where you can't see anything except reflections off the glass and everything else looks like it's filmed with the Cloverfield shakeycam or the "friend" filming is too busy filming the backglass instead of the action. Papa has nothing, Pinball.org has nothing. there's nothing on Vimeo. There's not even a crazy loner fansite.

I'm waiting to make my purchase until the Southern Pinball Festival since I have heard horror stories about ebay (and the prices are just waaaay too high) and I haven't found anyhting on craighslist that wasn't 14 hours away. So, I figured that since you have a nice new machine that you're probably just dying to show off and I have time to kill until SPF, you might just do me an immense favor and set up an overhead camera, take the glass off, and play a game or two. See if you can make it all the way to blood. I would greatly appreciate it. And who knows, maybe you'll make the game popular again and shatter the conspiracy smear campaign of hate for this machine used to make the White Star boardset cheaper for new Stern machines. (yeah, I went there, they can't hide the truth forever!)

The truth is out there!

#40 11 years ago

I plan on going to get the XF pin this weekend - finally. Unfortunately, my fiancee got sick Memorial Day weekend, and we were not able to take advantage of the extended weekend to get the pin. I've stayed in contact with Todd, and he is well aware that I was either going last weekend or this upcoming weekend to get the pin. Since I didn't go get it last weekend, this is the weekend to go get it .

See you soon, Todd .

And yes, I'll make the video. I'm actually considering making some review videos of my machines. With 4 machines here now, and all 4 are "B/C" titles, I'm very interested to make video reviews of all 4. Curious if anyone would be interested in that.

#41 11 years ago

Good luck on the pickup. I have only played a couple of games of X-Files myself and that was 2 or 3 years ago so I really didn't know much about it and still don't. The pics look really nice.

Some nice video reviews of B and C titles would be great. I have 1 slot in my 3 pin lineup just for "give'em a try" B and C pins..mostly C though. I call it my pivot position. It's usually good for a pin to be there for about a year and then sell or trade for something different. I know one of these days though, I am going to fall in love with a game in the pivot position and then I will really be in trouble.

Doug

#42 11 years ago

Just played it for the first time last week at Pinball Hall of Fame. Thought it was cool but had to walk away mid-game because it was set 5 ball and I had REALLY long ball times. Either it's easy or I just dominate... Hah. Would have normally finished the game but I was under time constraints.

#43 11 years ago

Yeah, I always set mine to 3 ball to keep game times manageable. I have played the XF pin thoroughly on Visual Pinball, and it is pretty hard there. I know that comparing what a pin will be like face to face vs a emulator is not exactly accurate, but it does give me the vibe if I'll at least enjoy the pin or not. Can't wait to go get it this weekend!

As for the reviews, I'm pretty darn sure that I'll do it. Since my fiancee is here, she can hold the camera while I play (with playfield glass off). As for the "talking part" of the reviews, I dunno if I'll stay off-camera and talk or go all Chris Bucci and be on camera while I talk. I dunno - we'll see, but I will make the reviews. They're not going to be all AVGN/ Nostalgia Critic level or anything - just simple and to the point!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'm very interested to make video reviews of all 4. Curious if anyone would be interested in that.

Do it!

#45 11 years ago

I know some people in the immediate area that would be very interested in that X-files if you ever get tired of it, but by the sounds of it you have the same emotional connection to the show that they do. Hope you have a blast with the new game! You blow me away with your new pin owning skills!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For some Pinsiders to vouch for Todd even after I had already committed was the shining moment that told me my choice was worth it

I will do the same- Todd is as good as they get. I have known Todd for 10 years now, and pretty much consider him extended family. He is as honest as they come and you will not have any surprises.

Just smile and act nice to him when you see his great lineup, and then he proclaims his greatest/favorite game is Dolly Parton. I am pretty sure he was raised on Hee-Haw as a child....

#47 11 years ago

Looks very nice! Never played that game before. Are those red things real Drop Targets? Does the Baby In The Tube actually do anything? I wanna play one!!

alien-0116_cigar.gifalien-0116_cigar.gif

#48 11 years ago

Congrates ! I just bought this pin as well !
I was telling a buddy its a poormans tom.
The layout is similar.
Xfiles is Fun fast kinda easy gm with good flow if you mAke the shots.
Enjoy

#49 11 years ago

I will . I'll be in some of them, and my fiancee will be in some of them too. After all, she likes to play too .

Quoted from Blakesell:

I know some people in the immediate area that would be very interested in that X-files if you ever get tired of it, but by the sounds of it you have the same emotional connection to the show that they do. Hope you have a blast with the new game! You blow me away with your new pin owning skills!

I definitely appreciate such great compliments regarding the ability to sell the XF pin if I got tired of it. A polite way to say, it's possible, but yes, you are correct - I am very strongly attached to the show. My understanding is this particular XF was very well restored, and these lil pins are pretty darn rare to find especially in this condition. Bottom line, it could happen - but probably won't sell it. You and your friends are always welcome to come play on it though! I always welcome fellow Pinsiders to my home! As for my NPOing skills, that's awesome, and thank you for such an awesome compliment ! Me and the wifey are already playfully talking about #5 ...

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I will do the same- Todd is as good as they get. I have known Todd for 10 years now, and pretty much consider him extended family. He is as honest as they come and you will not have any surprises....

Man, that really means a lot to see multiple people saying these kinds of things about him. He and I have had a couple conversations over the phone now, and I will totally vouch that he really seems to take good care of his pins, and as you said, no surprises coming when the pin comes home!

Quoted from spfxted:

Looks very nice! Never played that game before. Are those red things real Drop Targets? Does the Baby In The Tube actually do anything? I wanna play one!!

Thank you! From my understanding, the targets are stationary like on games such as BSD, AFM, or HS2. The alien baby in the Erlenmeyer Flask, from my understanding, is a stationary toy - pretty much a prop similar to "the host" to the right of the habittrail that goes across the playfield. The filing cabinet, to the best of my understanding, is the only moving "toy."

Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Congrates ! I just bought this pin as well !
I was telling a buddy its a poormans tom.
The layout is similar.
Xfiles is Fun fast kinda easy gm with good flow if you make the shots.
Enjoy

Man, you are making me chomp at the bit waiting for my machine D: ... !!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-it-comespin-number-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.