(Topic ID: 188676)

Here is seller with an attitude and a rough pin to sell.

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cheech chong (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
moneytop (resized).png
Pine-Sol-lady-commercial-actors (resized).png
IMG_2697 (resized).JPG
untitled (resized).JPG
00R0R_eRwoW35t4Cz_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00O0O_eWatNTGmeP_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00G0G_kyjHDScSg5r_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00k0k_3mIgSg3Z2DW_1200x900 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

I didn't know an EK would be worth this much. Well, not this one anyway.

"Selling my Evel Knievel Pinball Machine.

$3,000 Cash NON NEGOTIABLE. FIRM ON PRICE.
I will contact you through email. I will not call or text you. Getting too many people collecting phone numbers for 888 companies.
Back Glass is pristine, the cabinet is in good shape, and the play field is decent...but played.
This is the arcade version, not the home version.

These are getting harder and harder to find, and the people who have them are not parting with them.

I'm not in a hurry to sell, and I don't have to sell this. But if you are interested in it, it's $3,000.

Was working great, needs some attention. Turns on and lights up, but needs a tune up to work right again. I had some work done on it moving the battery a few years ago. I think the repairs are small and not expensive.
You can check it out, you can look it over, you can find someone who will work on it, and I am selling this AS IS, for the price I've listed it at. $3,000

You might be able to find one cheaper if you keep looking, and hope someone wants to sell theirs. This is mine. And this is the price.

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but I am tired of Craigslist lowballers.

If you're interested...great, let me know and we can arrange a time to meet. If you think you're going to "negotiate a better price", based on scratches, condition...again...not trying to be rude...but this is the price I am asking, and will not sell for less. $3,000.

Dear Industry Pinball People...I am not trying to sell this to you. I know how much they are worth. I hope I do not sell this, and probably won't, but I'm putting it out there just in case the cousin of the guy who spent $20,000 on Ebay for the piece of toast that had a picture of Jesus burned into it...is also into Evel Knievel.

I know you're compelled to email me and tell me the industry standards of pinball resale. I believe you, and you're right. But if you feel better doing so...

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Because they look at the price of what new is going for now and think this must be worth a small fortune and this site is no different it's not like every pin here is fair priced and there's plenty of dicks here also

If you are a casual seller, Ebay at least costs you something to place an ad, so unless you just like pissing money away you put up a reasonable price.

With Craigslist, if you are a casual seller, and not a business, you can replace your ad every 45 days for no charge. This guy could keep this EK for sale at this price until the day he dies. All for no charge. I see these " I might get lucky" for sale ads all over the country. And they never go away.

Out in New Mexico CL, some guy has a "rare" pin he wants $6K for. The ad has been up for months at no cost to him. Eventually, he might get lucky and find an idiot buyer five years from now.

I think the CL free ad placement policy is one reason (perhaps the main reason ?) you see lots of whacky for sale prices.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Anybody else thinking "good for him"? He knows it's not worth what he's listing it for and even said so, he has a price in mind and doesn't care how long it takes. I'd have different thoughts if he was in a hurry to sell or acting like they are worth that.

You are correct absolutely !! It is his pin and he says he is pretty much looking for a sucker. But if Craigslist was not free to use, it would cost him money to be that obstinate about it.

#66 6 years ago

The ad has been taken down but as I read, and re-read his text it hits me that his ad had little bits of Craigslist ads I see from all over the country

How many of you recall reading ads with overpriced pins that say things like:

I'm firm on my price
These sell for over $4000 on EBay

Was working before I put in in storage. Not working at the moment but I'm sure it is something simple like a fuse.

Playfield has normal wear for a 35 year old machine (but the pic in the just shows a crappy pic of the play field you can't see).

You all have read these kind of ads on CL.

Maybe I'm reaching but as I read this crazy ad again and again it just hit me that maybe this guy put up a spoof ad to shine a light on how nutty some these CL for sale ads are. Because, for sure, this ad compiled all the points of crappy CL ads in one fell swoop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 45.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jupiter, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-is-seller-with-an-attitude-and-a-rough-pin-to-sell?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.