(Topic ID: 188676)

Here is seller with an attitude and a rough pin to sell.

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cheech chong (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
moneytop (resized).png
Pine-Sol-lady-commercial-actors (resized).png
IMG_2697 (resized).JPG
untitled (resized).JPG
00R0R_eRwoW35t4Cz_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00O0O_eWatNTGmeP_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00G0G_kyjHDScSg5r_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00k0k_3mIgSg3Z2DW_1200x900 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

I didn't know an EK would be worth this much. Well, not this one anyway.

"Selling my Evel Knievel Pinball Machine.

$3,000 Cash NON NEGOTIABLE. FIRM ON PRICE.
I will contact you through email. I will not call or text you. Getting too many people collecting phone numbers for 888 companies.
Back Glass is pristine, the cabinet is in good shape, and the play field is decent...but played.
This is the arcade version, not the home version.

These are getting harder and harder to find, and the people who have them are not parting with them.

I'm not in a hurry to sell, and I don't have to sell this. But if you are interested in it, it's $3,000.

Was working great, needs some attention. Turns on and lights up, but needs a tune up to work right again. I had some work done on it moving the battery a few years ago. I think the repairs are small and not expensive.
You can check it out, you can look it over, you can find someone who will work on it, and I am selling this AS IS, for the price I've listed it at. $3,000

You might be able to find one cheaper if you keep looking, and hope someone wants to sell theirs. This is mine. And this is the price.

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but I am tired of Craigslist lowballers.

If you're interested...great, let me know and we can arrange a time to meet. If you think you're going to "negotiate a better price", based on scratches, condition...again...not trying to be rude...but this is the price I am asking, and will not sell for less. $3,000.

Dear Industry Pinball People...I am not trying to sell this to you. I know how much they are worth. I hope I do not sell this, and probably won't, but I'm putting it out there just in case the cousin of the guy who spent $20,000 on Ebay for the piece of toast that had a picture of Jesus burned into it...is also into Evel Knievel.

I know you're compelled to email me and tell me the industry standards of pinball resale. I believe you, and you're right. But if you feel better doing so...

#2 6 years ago

Lol.....thats awesome. He could have saved time by saying "I'm a douche....."

#3 6 years ago

Going to need a few gallons of Simple Green to get that pin clean. WOW!

#4 6 years ago

The new set of rubbers did it. SOLD!!!!!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Going to need a few gallons of Simple Green to get that pin clean. WOW!

...and I thought the ad was ridiculous before I looked at the pics. Wow is right.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The new set of rubbers did it. SOLD!!!!!

No it was the new battery holder for me

#7 6 years ago

When you overprice a game by triple (at least) - you get lowballed.

* EK's are not hard to find at all, only the EM version is.
* EK's are not worth $3,000 unless all CPR parts, upgraded displays and a perfect cabinet.
* This jabroni has no clue what this title is worth.

Must be a joke post.

#8 6 years ago

Could be he's hyping up the market and now plans on shopping the game up and getting it working and offering it up again for $15K. Seen it before.

John

#9 6 years ago

Hey he had really nice close up pictures of the dirt! Man that is some of the nicest dirt I have ever seen!

#10 6 years ago

Why did he run all his pics through a dirt filter? Does that add value and I've been doing it wrong all this time?

#11 6 years ago

Wow - I wonder if I can get 2K for mine! Pics not available at this time.

#12 6 years ago

He must need the cash to pay for that storage locker he's got it stored in. Classy collector.

#13 6 years ago

The way I read it was he was "firm" on that price. Not a big deal

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

He must need the cash to pay for that storage locker he's got it stored in. Classy collector.

Is that a storage locker or a smokehouse? That thing looks like Kramer's face after he had all the smokers in his apartment.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago

Face like an old catchers mitt

#17 6 years ago

Just remember, all that dirt is protecting the playfield!

#18 6 years ago

OMG. So funny.
Here are some photos for the lazy.

00k0k_3mIgSg3Z2DW_1200x900 (resized).jpg00k0k_3mIgSg3Z2DW_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00G0G_kyjHDScSg5r_1200x900 (resized).jpg00G0G_kyjHDScSg5r_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00O0O_eWatNTGmeP_1200x900 (resized).jpg00O0O_eWatNTGmeP_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00R0R_eRwoW35t4Cz_1200x900 (resized).jpg00R0R_eRwoW35t4Cz_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

What a grimy pin. It looks like the head was partially repainted. Man that pin looks like shit hahaha. What do you guys think, I'd say 500 to 800.

#20 6 years ago

I really love the art on clean versions of this game. This makes me sad.

#21 6 years ago

"cabinet in good shape" !.. ROFL

#22 6 years ago

Rectangle is a good shape

#23 6 years ago

The colors are still pretty bright on the cab. I bet it would clean up nice. I think what you think is a repaint on the head is just glare.

#24 6 years ago

Wonder how he's got by all these years???

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

* EK's are not worth $3,000 unless all CPR parts, upgraded displays and a perfect cabinet.

...or if they are the home version

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG

#26 6 years ago

What a

IMG_2697 (resized).JPGIMG_2697 (resized).JPG

#27 6 years ago

better call the Pine-Sol lady lol

Pine-Sol-lady-commercial-actors (resized).pngPine-Sol-lady-commercial-actors (resized).png

#28 6 years ago

I read that ad as "I don't want to sell this game, so here is my I don't want to sell it price. But if you call my bluff, then you can have it for a ridiculous amount." His wife probably told him to sell it, so he put it up for sale at a price that will never sell.

#29 6 years ago

I see so many bullshit ads on CL lately... Completely delusional people thinking that just because something is old that it's valuable. I've got a '66 Mustang that needs some work but certainly don't think it's a $50,000 car just because it's 51 years old... How do people honestly think that their old, beat up, broken down shit is worth these crazy asking prices, and be a complete dick about it to boot?? People like this make me laugh.

-Steve

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

How do people honestly think that their old, beat up, broken down shit is worth these crazy asking prices, and be a complete dick about it to boot?? People like this make me laugh.
-Steve

Because they look at the price of what new is going for now and think this must be worth a small fortune and this site is no different it's not like every pin here is fair priced and there's plenty of dicks here also

#31 6 years ago

We all need to email this guy and offer him different values between 2950 and 2999 and wait for the meltdown

#32 6 years ago

lol

#33 6 years ago

Even if it was $300, I'd pass on it just because the guy seems like an asshole.

-Steve

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Because they look at the price of what new is going for now and think this must be worth a small fortune and this site is no different it's not like every pin here is fair priced and there's plenty of dicks here also

If you are a casual seller, Ebay at least costs you something to place an ad, so unless you just like pissing money away you put up a reasonable price.

With Craigslist, if you are a casual seller, and not a business, you can replace your ad every 45 days for no charge. This guy could keep this EK for sale at this price until the day he dies. All for no charge. I see these " I might get lucky" for sale ads all over the country. And they never go away.

Out in New Mexico CL, some guy has a "rare" pin he wants $6K for. The ad has been up for months at no cost to him. Eventually, he might get lucky and find an idiot buyer five years from now.

I think the CL free ad placement policy is one reason (perhaps the main reason ?) you see lots of whacky for sale prices.

#35 6 years ago

Completely understand where this guy is coming from. Last pin I sold, I had four people try to talk me down, one guy pick it up the next day, and one guy tell me I could have gotten more for it. It gets old doing to the craigslist dance real quick.

Beats the time before tho. When I was trying to sell my ST Pro (ended up trading it for a SWEET TSPP), I had one guy messaging me on consecutive days telling me that his offer of $500 less was a good deal, and I should recognize a good deal when I see one and be grateful. lulz.

#36 6 years ago

Its hilarious to me when people who "hope they get lucky" put that in their ad. Like basically "I'm hoping for a sucker" right out there for every potential buyer to see. Even if a sucker came around they'd probably pass after seeing that

#37 6 years ago

He needs to fire that thing over the snake river canyon

#38 6 years ago

#39 6 years ago

Seemed reasonable to me. If you're offended by it, it was probably meant for you. It entertained me. Will his tone accomplish whatever it is he wants to accomplish? I have no idea. That's his problem. But let's be honest, no one on here wanted a 3k EK so what's the big deal?

#40 6 years ago

That cabinet looks like a thick layer of cigarette smoke. I had a cigarette stained machine was in a bar it's whole like. You could smell it all the way at the top of the stairs.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That cabinet looks like a thick layer of cigarette smoke. I had a cigarette stained machine was in a bar it's whole like. You could smell it all the way at the top of the stairs.

The whole house would smell of cigarette smoke. With in 3 minutes of entering the garage with it, your significant other will be looking for the person smoking in the garage. Then, noticing the brown patina, and then shaking a finger saying, "That Ain't Coming into This House!".

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That cabinet looks like a thick layer of cigarette smoke.

My money is on fecal matter.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Like basically "I'm hoping for a sucker" right out there for every potential buyer to see.

That's because they know one is born everyday. For what I've seen some people claim to have sold certain games for, I totally believe it. I think the trick for these guys is to sell outside the community where there are people that have no knowledge of what on average they tend to sell for and are too lazy to look it up.

#44 6 years ago

CL in OKC is always entertaining. Not the craziest CL post I've seen for pinball in these neck of the woods. Guess I'll put my TWD Pro up for $8500 and see how that goes.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

CL in OKC is always entertaining. Not the craziest CL post I've seen for pinball in these neck of the woods. Guess I'll put my TWD Pro up for $8500 and see how that goes.

Yeah you guys used to have good deals a few years ago.. I picked up a diamondplate Rollergames and a DE Time Machine for 400 bucks each back then from Tulsa. Needed a ton of work, but was worth it....at least Rollergames was. Broke dead even on Time Machine. Now? It's all just dookie. The only thing I've seen up there that I regretted not buying in a long time was the Time Fantasy that Cactus Jack's had for sale.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

My money is on fecal matter.

moneytop (resized).pngmoneytop (resized).png

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

moneytop (resized).png

I believe that results in fecal matter on your money.

#48 6 years ago

I just picked up my first pin in march-ironically an EK!

#49 6 years ago

I just picked up my first pin in March-ironically it was an EK!

He definitely doesnt want to sell it-who would list something in that condition......

#50 6 years ago

Anybody else thinking "good for him"? He knows it's not worth what he's listing it for and even said so, he has a price in mind and doesn't care how long it takes. I'd have different thoughts if he was in a hurry to sell or acting like they are worth that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-is-seller-with-an-attitude-and-a-rough-pin-to-sell?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.