(Topic ID: 65693)

Here is one for the experts (what pin would you own for a year then sell?)

By Kyflipper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

I am already into the hobby with an ac\dc premium.

#52 10 years ago

Hey I didn't write that but I have an ac/dc premium

#53 10 years ago

I will tell you the truth

#54 10 years ago

And the heading was changed I am not mad I just wanted you to be honest.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kyflipper:

And the heading was changed I am not mad I just wanted you to be honest.

I will be honest. There are many titles you could own for one year and sell without taking a loss. The title is not as important as how much you pay for it. If you buy The Adams Family for $7,000 and expect to not lose any money, you could be in for a surprise a year from now. If you buy The Adams Family for $3,500 you will likely be fine. Your question has many factors involved and can not be answered by naming a title. The condition as well as price and location are the biggest factors.

#56 10 years ago

6es thats what I am asking at current market value what would you buy if you had to sell in 1 year and not loose any money

#57 10 years ago

Nip It

#58 10 years ago

Nip It we finally got people to respond

#59 10 years ago

Barb Wire or Shaq Attack. Hands down the best pins ever made....ever. Can I get an Amen?!

#60 10 years ago

Hey there's not a right or wrong answer when you figure it out we can help each other. Not worry what the guy that has 5 has a lot of points

#61 10 years ago

Have you heard of this new thing called the "Pin"?
    Limited availability...act soon!

#62 10 years ago

Have you herd of this thing called suckas*

#63 10 years ago

Suckass?

#64 10 years ago

Obvious troll

#65 10 years ago

Sure, but for some reason fascinating to watch him bang his knuckles. You want to tell him to not hold the wrench like that... But you know it won't help.

#66 10 years ago

I would buy from a seller who is marketing to a much smaller subset of the pinball market in general (like unadvertised at an estate sale) and sell by placing an ad on CL, Mr Pinball, eBay, Pinside, RGP, etc. Both the buy and sell would be at fair market value.

The title would depend on which pin fits this model.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kyflipper:

I only have 1 pin

By any chance, it's not a Star Wars with a signed backglass... is it?

#68 10 years ago

Congo ... Good game with lots of toys makes people want it but the audio will get real old within a years. A game best played with the sound off.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

LOL!!!!

My answer would be Spiderman..... I liked the game but had to dump it after a bit over a year as I got tired of playing it..... which is too bad since the game is awesome

#70 10 years ago

ok, so the question is:

what can I buy, get a year's worth of enjoyment/entertainment out of, spend no money on, and sell for more than I paid for it? because, after all, a years worth of entertainment should be free.

geez this hobby is f'd up...

#71 10 years ago

anyone for pop corn?
    or is it too soon?

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Barb Wire or Shaq Attack.

I wouldn't mind Barb Wire for a year maybe.

#73 10 years ago

Honestly, I'd say any game. Variety is the spice of life, and 99.9% of all pinball machines are really fun to play.

#74 10 years ago

i'd recommend buying one that is in good playing condition. it sounds like you probably don't have a clue how to repair or diagnose anything. for 1500 you can find a nice 90's Williams machine these days.

good luck

Quoted from Kyflipper:I know less about pinball than 99% of people on this site

find a collector with lots of machines that wants to get rid of a b machine that he never played. just make sure it plays before you give them the money.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

i would like a mb for keeps, but prob would pick a newer stern to play and then get rid of without a loss. Star Trek, acdc , Avengers...

Having a paper loss of at least 10% to 15% on Avengers, I would not go with anything resembling NIB. That would be stupidly speculative. That said, I love the game. It's just a lousy investment. I would go with a top 10 machine that is no more expensive than NIB and hasn't had as much of a crazy run up in prices -- I think TAF and TZ may fit that. Get a nice copy of one of those at a fair price and I think you'd do ok.

#76 10 years ago

I'll go for Barb Wire too. There's your answer.

#78 10 years ago

Frank Furhter and The Party Monsters

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

You made my day! (too bad I could not give more than one thumb up !)

OP: my votes would be for X-men?
    Two games I own that are good and under-rated are WPT and Stargate; I doubt you would make money by selling them later but... 1) you might keep them 2) you won't lose much. They are already really cheap !

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

By any chance, it's not a Star Wars with a signed backglass... is it

How dare you compare the OP to the beloved Pinballwizardz!!!!

On the totem pole of greatness Pinballwizardz is like Yoda and this guy is more of a JarJar.

#81 10 years ago

Where did the KY flipper go? This was just warming up.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Where did the KY flipper go? This was just warming up.

probably at school...

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

How dare you compare the OP to the beloved Pinballwizardz!!!!
    On the totem pole of greatness Pinballwizardz is like Yoda and this guy is more of a JarJar.

I dunno... Just the way that he posts just gives off a Pinballwizardz vibe...

#84 10 years ago

Hardbody.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I dunno... Just the way that he posts just gives off a Pinballwizardz vibe

He does give off a slight vibe but pinballwizardz was more articulate and his posts were longer than 1 sentence.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signed-de-star-wars-estimated-value

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

He does give off a slight vibe but pinballwizardz was more articulate and his posts were longer than 1 sentence.

And very honest too-

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-started-a-cheap-trick-and-wanted-to-apologize

#87 10 years ago

pinballwizards was a gentleman and a scholar in comparison.

#88 10 years ago

I passed out. When I was able to get up there was only a half inch left in a half gallon of Woodford Reserve. I can't believe I was able to see my phone. I definitely don't remember it.

#89 10 years ago

well, at least the first time he tried to pull the wool over our eyes...

i read through the star wars thread again today while sitting on a call... i had forgotten exactly how epic that was... i still miss the tags...

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kyflipper:

I passed out. When I was able to get up there was only a half inch left in a half gallon of Woodford Reserve.

That'l learn ya! But just look how much karma you gained while you were passed out.

#91 10 years ago

It is Pinballwizardz with a 'Z' not a 'S'.

Quoted from ccotenj:

... i had forgotten exactly how epic that was... i still miss the tags

Thread of the year.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/here-is-one-for-the-experts/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.