Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P6271141.jpg
IMG_3105.jpg
Atari-gen2-power-supply-compare-front.jpg
Atari-gen2-power-supply-compare-back.jpg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wonkotsane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Toss in that Atari populated the boards to specific games. You will not be able to pull a board from a superman and get it to work in a hercules.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

According to John at John's Jukes, he has (or had--not sure if he sold out of them) NOS universal gen1 MPUs, so they do exist.

John is a great guy and an amazing wealth of knowledge. I still owe him for the hour and a half long masters class he gave me on troubleshooting GI issues earlier this year. It came down to a roll pin that had fallen out of the head on a sling shot and welded itself inside a lamp socket.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow, I can't imagine trying to troubleshoot that issue.

It was amazing to watch. He started at the board looking for shorts or low resistance between pins and then moved to the underside of the playfield when he had it narrowed down to a couple of runs. He went through each leg of the run disconnecting them to isolate segments until he found the one with the short and then went from socket to socket until he found the one with the short. It sounds simple once the process has been described but I would never have gotten there on my own. He even helped resolder all of the connections he had undone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wonkotsane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hercules-trouble?tu=wonkotsane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.