• Latest reply 9 years ago by Kneissl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

arnold_schwarzenegger_hercules_001.jpg
IMG_2771.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Wow, I cannot believe the high bid is $3650 right now! Really?

ebay.com link: Hercules Pinball by Atari

#2 10 years ago

Having played one, I can't imagine any Hercules gets very much use in it's life. 25 years in one house, boy that has to be practically mint lol. Any guess what shipping would be?

#3 10 years ago

I remember the first time I saw a Hercules pin on the Boardwalk in Ocean City MD. If I recall correctly, it was more expensive then other machines at the time. I couldn't wait for some one to put money in it and play it.

If I had the space, I'd bring it in as a piece of art, not as a viable pin.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Steve_PBH:

I remember the first time I saw a Hercules pin on the Boardwalk in Ocean City MD. If I recall correctly, it was more expensive then other machines at the time. I couldn't wait for some one to put money in it and play it.
If I had the space, I'd bring it in as a piece of art, not as a viable pin.

If I had the space and I brought it in, it is where I would be sleeping....

#5 10 years ago

I'd sure hate to be the tech working on that game,The playfield does not raise up you have to slide underneath it and work on it laying on your back....Screw that,Solder drip in the face or in your eye OUCH!!!......

#6 10 years ago

Its a novelty game for sure and kinda fun. It got my quarters... once.

Kim

#7 10 years ago

Is it just me or does the kid in the 4th picture have that, "I'm about to pee on this thing." stance?

#8 10 years ago

Hercules is one of those machines that everyone should play at least once just so they can say that they did. Its incredible to look at, and then you play it......thats it.

#9 10 years ago

That price is rediculous, someone is going to pay way too much for it and regret it.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

Hercules is one of those machines that everyone should play at least once just so they can say that they did. Its incredible to look at, and then you play it......thats it.

Totally agree. It's a one-of-kind side show worthy of playing a few times. But, it's definitely not a good game and not worth owning as a player.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Is it just me or does the kid in the 4th picture have that, "I'm about to pee on this thing." stance?

It's not just you - I thought the same thing.

#12 10 years ago

Are there even replacement parts available?

#13 10 years ago

no replacement parts but good underground collection..

having one of these in my garage.. I can tell you - there is no way its worth that much.. that is total insanity. The game is only good for putting into pinball shows. its a waste of time, and space for anything else.

the game is built OK holds up to play just fine. but seriously. you cant do much with it. it will eat quarters for the novelty factor so i guess I can see a operator purchasing it at this price - as it would reclaim cash quickly. But you play the game once.. you did your work and you wont play it again.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

I'd sure hate to be the tech working on that game,The playfield does not raise up you have to slide underneath it and work on it laying on your back....Screw that,Solder drip in the face or in your eye OUCH!!!......

its actually very zen ... i use my car creeper and love it, nice and quiet down there warm hum of the machine.. its rather nice actually.

#15 10 years ago

I am one of 8 people who really dig this game. I always play it in when I can find it...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I am one of 8 people who really dig this game. I always play it in when I can find it...

but would you put it in your house? Or do you dig it for $3k?

#17 10 years ago

I play it every time I'm at my neighbor's house or at a show.

It's a fun game with the faster replacement ball.

I'm sure at some point I'll pick one up (not literally).

#18 10 years ago

I agree that one thing this pin is useful for is to set up at pinball festivals & expos.
That is where I have played Hercules pinball machines at over the past 2 years or so.

Clarification: I am not bidding on the one that is for sale on epay.

Have a great weekend Pinsiders!

#19 10 years ago

Poor, poor buyer.

After the novelty and high from acquiring the game wears off (20 minutes after setting it up in their home), they're going to be in full Gob Bluth mode:

#20 10 years ago

wasn't that long ago you couldn't give these away for $400. Nobody wants them. Gameplay sucks.

#21 10 years ago

I helped load on in for some friends at the Winston auction a couple times ago. It was a beast and definitely gets a lot of stares. The parts seem to be really hard to come by though, you almost have to manufacture them yourself when you need something.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

but would you put it in your house? Or do you dig it for $3k?

No Sir

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wasn't that long ago you couldn't give these away for $400. Nobody wants them. Gameplay sucks.

Gameplay sucks with a cue ball.

It's actually fun with a lesser weight ball, i.e. pop bumper cue ball.

The one that was at the Texas Pinball Festival was a restoration that played awesome.

For the collector who likes the unique pieces, it's a great prize.

Marcus

#24 10 years ago

How can someone shell out almost 4K and there is not even a description of the game in the listing????????????

#25 10 years ago

Is that kid taking a leak under it in the 4th photo???

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I'm two of eight but agree it is more novelty. Only one I played was at the TPF and it was cool. Couldn't imagine it in my home though. Maybe in storage and taken out just for events of some kind...and gags.

#27 10 years ago

Of douse, if you were ever homeless and owned that beast you could live in it. Buy meals off the quarters it earned at some skating rink.

#28 10 years ago

Owner probably wants to put 2 pinballs in it's place (space sucker that hercules is)

#29 10 years ago

I have one of these that i've literally carted over 1500 miles all around the state of florida to promote the florida community and pinball in general. Herc is and always has been a novelty pinball machine. Nobody anywhere ever claimed it to be a great playing game!. However, at a gaming event or gathering what machine gets everyone posing for a picture? what game is front and center for media photos or television stories? Always Hercules.

Here's my hercules at the first Southern Pinball Festival:

It's also made appearances at collectors homes, the Gamewarp, Southern Pinball Festival and Florida APE shows etc. People love it.

#30 10 years ago

Does it have multiball...?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

However, at a gaming event or gathering what machine gets everyone posing for a picture? what game is front and center for media photos or television stories? Always Hercules.

Exactly!

#32 10 years ago

Heh. i kinda suspected the selling price on that hercules was BS turns out it was.. it's relisted with a 3000 BIN and oddly the first 'buyer' left positive feedback for a transaction that clearly never happened.

#33 10 years ago

Honestly, if I had a storage unit and went to more than one or two pinball shows per year I would buy this sucker. If only I were retired and able to cruise the country going to pin shows . . . this thing would rock to own.

#34 10 years ago

The machine was relisted. Hmmm

#35 10 years ago

I asked a question on the re-listed auction about this machine being sold and re-listed. Wonder what the seller will have to say. Not that I would buy it, but I am just curious. Bet that I will not get a response.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I asked a question on the re-listed auction about this machine being sold and re-listed. Wonder what the seller will have to say. Not that I would buy it, but I am just curious. Bet that I will not get a response.

If you get a response post it here for us please. I'm curious too!

#37 10 years ago

I was sent a 'second chance' offer. It was accompanied by some story about the original buyer not realizing what it was going to take to move it. If it was relisted at $3k that is quite a bit more than what I bid and what I could have bought it for in his 'second chance' offer. I didn't take him up on the offer because I felt he was pulling some crap in his auction.

#38 10 years ago

Herc might be more fun to tilt than it is to play. You gotta put a lot of oomph into it!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

I was sent a 'second chance' offer. It was accompanied by some story about the original buyer not realizing what it was going to take to move it. If it was relisted at $3k that is quite a bit more than what I bid and what I could have bought it for in his 'second chance' offer. I didn't take him up on the offer because I felt he was pulling some crap in his auction.

I had some jerk do that to me once. He had an dvd set for auction that no one was bidding on except me. At the last min someone posted up a high bid above what I put my max in for. Shortly after I lost the auction I got a second chance offer for my max bid. The seller claimed the winner didn't realize what region the dvd was for. Even though it was posted up on the description. Was so pissed. I still got it for the price I was willing to pay, but I could have gotten it for way less.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you get a response post it here for us please. I'm curious too!</blockqu

I will. I bought a machine off of ebay at a fraction of this high bid and I asked tons of questions, requested tons of pictures, called the seller, e-mailed the seller numerous times, and read and re-read the description over and over. The description on this game was only 4 sentences and none of them really had anything to do with the game listed. So based on the available info, someone was willing to pay over $3600 over 4 blurry pictures and no write up about the condition of the machine? I can't see how this is legit.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

The route op I worked for had one. Yeah, lots of fun soldering a broken EOS switch wire. I would wear safety glasses and sit on the floor after crawling under from the front after dropping the bomb doors.

#42 10 years ago

The game has been relisted on Ebay..Hmmmm,I wonder why?

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The route op I worked for had one. Yeah, lots of fun soldering a broken EOS switch wire. I would wear safety glasses and sit on the floor after crawling under from the front after dropping the bomb doors.

I bet you had lots of fun...Hehehe

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Wasn't that your Hercules at the TPF? You were looking to add a second one?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

I had some jerk do that to me once. He had an dvd set for auction that no one was bidding on except me. At the last min someone posted up a high bid above what I put my max in for. Shortly after I lost the auction I got a second chance offer for my max bid. The seller claimed the winner didn't realize what region the dvd was for. Even though it was posted up on the description. Was so pissed. I still got it for the price I was willing to pay, but I could have gotten it for way less.

Shale bidding is what it was....

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

" I had to relist it because the bidder backed out on the deal." is the response that I got on how a seller can sell a machine that was sold and received positive feedback for.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wasn't that your Hercules at the TPF? You were looking to add a second one?

It was, I am. I turned down a generous offer in 2012 because I didn't have another one. If I have one "waiting in the wings" the next time I get a decent offer I would be more apt to accept it.

#48 10 years ago

Looks like the relist was pulled. Did one of you snap it up?

3 weeks later
#49 10 years ago

I waited 23 years to find mine! I use a smaller, lighter, Snooker Ball and it does improve the game play. Hercules is not for everyone, mostly because most collectors wives would kill them if they tried to bring one home!! My first wife told me never, ever, ever and over her dead body. Blah, blah, blah....so I got a new wife!! Lol, no really it's true. I have been remarried for five years now and I love my new and improved wife. When I told her I had the opportunity to buy a complete, working Hercules Pin she asked me when it was arriving!! Ya can't argue with that kinda logic!!

#50 10 years ago

I almost picked up one of these for the MGC a few years ago, but balked at the $500 price because I knew it would have to sit in my garage all year long. And that was for two of them, one working and one for parts...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hercules-on-ebay-wtf/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.