Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0F38DE5F-DED8-45A2-9E83-B029C91FFA76 (resized).png
67533731-EAC8-4C17-995D-06E4234489A6 (resized).png
8E3EA486-A93F-46C3-B290-BC69BFC0BF07.jpeg
9E2AE96C-96BC-4241-8932-A52B62A57652 (resized).png
IMG_1750.jpeg
IMG_1749.jpeg
IMG_1748.jpeg
IMG_1747.jpeg
IMG_1746.jpeg
IMG_1745.jpeg
IMG_1744.jpeg
IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1742.jpeg
IMG_1741.jpeg
IMG_1740.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#6 74 days ago

Major bummer on the clear cracks. Assuming you opened the shipping box within 30-90 days of receiving the newly cleared PF's, I'm *shocked* Chris didn't offer take care of this for you!(especially if you offered to cover the shipping to/from HEP). A $700 clear shouldn't have large cracks in it when taken out of the box! If this damage occurred during a PF swap, that's another story (but that doesn't appear to be the case). Most buyers don't have the ability to "sand and reclear...".

#10 74 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

My opinion is this is not hutch's fault. if a pf is less than 20 years old I dont worry about the insert glue job not being right. I dont believe this is just from insert expansion and contraction, which is common. That is when the insert lifts or drops a little and you can feel the insert under the clear (and see it). Some inserts do it some dont.
As long as chris was using the clear he usually uses, I would guess the inserts were not glued right, but thats my guess and it dosent help the seller. Just more opinion.
I have never seen it before but maybe if the clear was mixed wrong like a 4 was mixed like a 2 on accident. I did it once but caught myself before pouring it in my gun. So I have not seen if it looks normal but is brittle. Long shot but who knows.

Makes sense, but this outcome must be extremely rare (especially so soon after delivery).

Both you and Chris do world-class pinball restoration (and I know first-hand, since I've worked with both of you). The restoration/clear you did on my 40 year old NOS Paragon PF was stunning! In that instance (given the age), I remember how much work you did on setting/glueing the inserts.

From my perspective, both service providers and game manufacturers need to take care of their customers when rare events occur. If defects like this become more common (possibly because Mirco didn't glue/set the inserts properly), then restorers would have to spend more time on the inserts (or refuse to work with Mirco playfields, or charge more when working with them, or lower the bar to their clients, etc.).

If this were my PF, I'd sent it back to the restorer so they could figure out what went wrong (assuming there was some ambiguity). Living with these 2 major cracks wouldn't be an acceptable option...would be a "showstopper" for a PF swap. I'd actually be thankful that the cracks showed up prior to investing time in the swap (which is considerable).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside