giphy.gif
60d67222e36332a8a174cccb2ceee512ef58c7db.gif.jpg.gif
IMG_7399 (resized).jpg
IMG_7407 (resized).jpg
IMG_7401 (resized).jpg
IMG_7393 (resized).jpg
IMG_7406 (resized).jpg
IMG_7400 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

HEP - Whirlwind

Featured Ad

Added: 2019-06-27 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (March 2nd, 2020) • Ended: April 4th, 2020
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 10,990 (Firm)

Price is firm

HEP - Whirlwind, Fresh 2018 build,
Light Blue Cloud,

Some of the specs below from HEP build

New cabinet and head bare wood
Trim with new receiver,legs,hinges,plates,protectors and glass
cabinet decals(PA hard to find)
ramp set
full leds
plastic set
speaker set
coils and labels plus broken brackets
speaker panel plastic
electronics(switches,cord,sockets and plugs /wiring)
jet bumper parts
flipper kits and hardware
oak rails
spinner decals
topper decals
flipper bats post and rubber
playfield build up and component restoration
cabinet refinishing and build up/component restoration
board repairs
plating

Thinning out, No Trades

I can Blanket, Cardboard, Shrink wrap Strap to pallet.
Get your freight quotes for pickup @ Hauppauge,
NY 11788 Docks for easy loading

Example in pics below of Palleting pin for safe arrival.

Item photos

IMG_4434 (resized).JPG
IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
IMG_7387 (resized).jpg
IMG_7389 (resized).jpg
IMG_7390 (resized).jpg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpg
IMG_7393 (resized).jpg
IMG_7394 (resized).jpg
IMG_7396 (resized).jpg
IMG_7397 (resized).jpg
IMG_7398 (resized).jpg
IMG_7399 (resized).jpg
IMG_7400 (resized).jpg
IMG_7401 (resized).jpg
IMG_7403 (resized).jpg
IMG_7405 (resized).jpg
IMG_7406 (resized).jpg
IMG_7407 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are HellCat's market stats.

gold Seller Level

HellCat has the Pinside Gold seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to HellCat's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Charlotte, NC, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 4 years ago

What’s HEP stand for? Hella Egregious Pricing?

Like if you gotta rebuild a pin from scratch that’s cool n all, might as well charge 3x the price of one that didn’t get ruined would cost.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

What’s HEP stand for? Hella Egregious Pricing?
Like if you gotta rebuild a pin from scratch that’s cool n all, might as well charge 3x the price of one that didn’t get ruined would cost.

You should educate yourself regarding HEP, rather than coming into someone's for sale thread and proving you aren't in the market for his game.

Beautiful game!

#4 4 years ago

Heeeeeere we go again! *ding ding ding*

Game looks really nice!

#5 4 years ago

beautiful game but out of my league! glwts bump

#6 4 years ago

GLWS. Great game

#7 4 years ago

About to restore my Whirlwind... saving these pics as reference I've had my WW for maybe 6 months and rarely play anything else, such a great game. GLWTS!!

#8 4 years ago

Is the playfield restored or is it a CPR?

#9 4 years ago

I’d like to know how much the HEP service is compared to how much this is marked up.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’d like to know how much the HEP service is compared to how much this is marked up.

From reading the HEP thread he does say how much certain things cost him and its not cheap, I Doubt this price is that far from what he charges. But be cool to know the exact figure

#11 4 years ago

Cost of original game + plus HEP labor costs + costs of new parts and cabinet + costs for plating. Guarantee seller is in for this or more.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Cost of original game + plus HEP labor costs + costs of new parts and cabinet + costs for plating. Guarantee seller is in for this or more.

No shit.

But like my post, WHATS THE HEP COST?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You should educate yourself regarding HEP, rather than coming into someone's for sale thread and proving you aren't in the market for his game.
Beautiful game!

I know what HEP means. He does great work judging from the threads and you get what you pay for, including the ego boost. Pinball ppl can’t take a joke what’s new? jeez Louise GLWS

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No shit.

It’s up your ass and to the left.

And, mr. no shit boy, your post says “how
Much it’s marked up”. That insinuates he’s charging more than what he paid. Maybe not what you meant.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No shit.

I highly doubt the OP is going to tell you and undermine his sale, why don't you contact HEP for a gauge on price and cost. I've personally restored a couple of my pins to a pretty high level (and about to start my Whirlwind) and the sheer quantity of hours involved is staggering. Hours x Experienced tradesmans rate + original pin purchase + parts, wouldn't be hard to hit $10K+.

#16 4 years ago

Think about what an as found NIB Whirlwind would be worth today and add $$ since a HEP build is better quality than they were from the factory.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No shit.

Quick someone tell Blackbeard how much a HEP restore costs so he can determine how much to complain!

Btw I'll be on his side for once bc I know how much a HEP WH20 is and let's just say this price is really pushing it.

#18 4 years ago

Isn't a "typical" HEP job like $7500 ISH?

#19 4 years ago

HEP pricing is on the site.
It is really just a labor guideline which is the best I can do.
The problem with trying to figure out what someone has in a game or what it is worth is there are just way too many variables.
Some people start out with $1000 barn finds others HUOs and anything in between.
Some people want stock trim others every piece of chrome and toy made.
This is why I only deal in labor and I don’t care if the game ends up costing $7500 or $15000 as long as you get what you asked for.
http://www.highendpins.com/pricing-services/

#20 4 years ago

LOL, I was JUST about to post that link!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quick someone tell Blackbeard how much a HEP restore costs so he can determine how much to complain!
Btw I'll be on his side for once bc I know how much a HEP WH20 is and let's just say this price is really pushing it.

Aw someone’s feelings are still a bit hurt.

How bout this: lick my balls.

#22 4 years ago

I was actually agreeing with you on this one but hey, after I humiliated you so badly in that last topic I would be embarrassed too so I get it Blackbeard. You're trying to salvage any self respect you still have for yourself. It's cool.

I know you want those balls licked for the first time in your life (you know - a real person, not that cat in your Avatar) but stay strong. You'll find something meaningful in your life eventually. Cheers

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was actually agreeing with you on this one but hey, after I humiliated you so badly in that last topic I would be embarrassed too so I get it Blackbeard. You're trying to salvage any self respect you still have for yourself. It's cool.
I know you want those balls licked for the first time in your life (you know - a real person, not that cat in your Avatar) but stay strong. You'll find something meaningful in your life eventually. Cheers

Says the anonymous punk behind the keyboard. You seem to be quite the little rebel rouser to members here.

How bout this: let me
Know next time you’re at helicon. I’d love to check the place out and you can bitch and moan all about me, right in my ear. We’ll see how long that goes.

How’s that?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

lol please link

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Says the anonymous punk behind the keyboard. You seem to be quite the little rebel rouser to members here.
How bout this: let me
Know next time you’re at helicon. I’d love to check the place out and you can bitch and moan all about me, right in my ear. We’ll see how long that goes.
How’s that?

Haha! I'm the keyboard hero? Yeah ok. I actually was agreeing with you but here's the deal in case you couldn't tell.
People like you that like to jerk around others (including me) and just overall cause issues I'll call out and embarrass bc it's completely unnecessary.

If you think you're threats are even remotely impactful you're even worse than I thought. I make it pretty obvious when I go to helicon. Those that know me understand what I say here I would say to you in person if you told me to my face what you're saying here.

Just a reminder I'm not an older guy who's sunsetting - quite the opposite, lifting a couple days a week and have no problem defending myself. But sure feel free to do whatever you want like I give an F.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

HEP pricing is on the site.

Thanks as always Chris for your insight.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha! I'm the keyboard hero? Yeah ok.
Here's the deal in case you couldn't tell.
People like you that like to jerk around others and just overall cause issues I'll call out and embarrass bc it's completely unnecessary.
If you think you're threats are even remotely impactful you're even worse than I thought. I make it pretty obvious when I go to helicon. Those that know me understand what I say here I would say to you in person if you told me to my face what you're saying here.
Just a reminder I'm not an older guy who's sunsetting. But sure feel free to do whatever you want like I give an F.

“People like me that jerk others around”.

That’s you asshole. You just attacked puff daddy the other day. You’re a classic keyboard tough guy.

Like I said in my post, pm me next time you’re there. Helicon is on my list. You won’t say a damn word to my face “bro”.

#28 4 years ago

I cannot afford this type of publicity. Thank God it is free.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

“People like me that jerk others around”.
That’s you asshole. You just attacked puff daddy the other day. You’re a classic keyboard tough guy.
Like I said in my post, pm me next time you’re there. Helicon is on my list. You won’t say a damn word to my face “bro”.

Yeah and see what Puff Daddy did to cause that. Another dreamboat which is why I said plural.

You're right about not saying anything to you bc why would I? I wouldn't go to helicon to fight an old guy I would go to play Pinball. Now if you want to try and get physical at helicon, good luck with trying that. Bro.

#30 4 years ago

Lol, free is good.
-Mike

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah and see what Puff Daddy did to cause that. Another dreamboat which is why I said plural.
You're right about not saying anything to you bc why would I? I wouldn't go to helicon to fight an old guy I would go to play Pinball. Now if your want to try and get physical at helicon, good luck with that. Bro.

And for the record, unlike your poor recollection or reading skills, you attacked me in this thread. Not that other way around. You also attacked me on the es thread.

You’re the one that harrasses people. I only criticize prices when I think they’re exorbitant.

Waiting for your pm.

#32 4 years ago

I cannot afford this type of publicity.

Any publicity is good publicity they say!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're right about not saying anything to you bc why would I? I wouldn't go to helicon to fight an old guy I would go to play Pinball. Now if you want to try and get physical at helicon, good luck with that. Bro.

Is this going to be a pay per view event?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

And for the record, unlike your poor recollection or reading skills, you attacked me in this thread. Not that other way around. You also attacked me on the es thread.
You’re the one that harrasses people. I only criticize prices when I think they’re exorbitant.
Waiting for your pm.

This kind of back and forth is what makes Pinside terrible sometimes.

#35 4 years ago

If you're going to be the price police expect someone to call you out on it every time. That is what I did. Then you personally attacked me. I didn't personally attack you. Check the records. Each time YOU personally attacked me. If you can't deal with people calling you out on price policing, maybe you should stop price policing.

Once you personally attack me, I'm coming right back to you - guaranteed.

I'm not sure if you're trying to scare me but you're wasting your time if so. I'll be at helicon Sunday prob 1-3..... You'll see me playing Wonka trying to get past the sound!

I'm out though on this as it's a waste of time. No more responses from me.

Threatening people on a Pinball forum is beyond me too but don't think for a second you impact anything I do.

Edit -HellCat apologies for side tracking your sales ad btw. At least it gave you some more bumps but not appropriate on my part. Sorry.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This kind of back and forth is what makes Pinside terrible sometimes.

I agree, I just came for the arguments about pricing.....

#37 4 years ago

Quoted from Budman:Is the playfield restored or is it a CPR?

By his description, it sounds like a restored original pf. This is a good question to ask on restored games. I as a buyer prefer a restored original play field
Over a replacement.

#38 4 years ago

WTF happened to this thread? Guy tries to sell a game, ends up as a WWE event.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

as a buyer prefer a restored original play field
Over a replacement.

That's interesting, why is that? Is the original made of higher quality?

#40 4 years ago

Just saw this in the animated GIF thread. Thought it was appropriate.

60d67222e36332a8a174cccb2ceee512ef58c7db.gif.jpg.gif60d67222e36332a8a174cccb2ceee512ef58c7db.gif.jpg.gif
#41 4 years ago

“ Come on In and we will take this outside”

#42 4 years ago

** BREAKING NEWS ** pinside price police found to be corrupt!

#43 4 years ago

In a RELATED note, how many plays SINCE the restore?

#44 4 years ago

Lol

#45 4 years ago

beautiful. wish I could afford this one.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

WTF happened to this thread? Guy tries to sell a game, ends up as a WWE event.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#47 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I did a HEP white water recently and because of all the shit I added it was easily more expensive than this ad. Not saying it’s worth that to somebody else just what it cost to get it that way. Such a fun process having Chris do a game for you and boy do they play great (everyone knows they look great)

#48 4 years ago

i can’t even look at my whirlwind, now! thanks for ruining my pride.

#49 4 years ago

WW has been our fav player for years with the usual scars and charm.
This one is better than a NIB LE in my eyes.

Well done, what a beauty!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

That's interesting, why is that? Is the original made of higher quality?

Hate to do the cargument but the answer will fit perfect here.
It's like buying a restored car (ex: 70 Chevelle SS 454 LS6) numbers matching engine as apposed to a crate engine from a high performance engine builder.

-Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-whirlwind?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.