72.jpg
70.jpg
64.jpg
61.jpg
57.jpg
51.jpg
38.jpg
37.jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

It really depends on how bad they are .
Sometimes they require a nearly complete repaint,other times stripped,painted,decaled, cleared repeatedly.
On an apron like this it really comes down to preservation and living with a minor spot here or there because they are kind of like a can of worms.If you touch up a spot here or there it will be more obvious than the flaw because the age shows in the original paint and you just can't put that aged look back in there. Otherwise your are stuck repainting the entire thing when it is overall really nice for what it is.
These bally aprons in particular are something I avoid repainting when I can unless completely needed because the very fine lines and the small letters.Tough to work around neatly.
The Pinball Rescue apron decals are the best solution but they can no longer be purchased !!!

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. I am about ready to finish my TZ restoration and I had noticed that many of the aprons have some tiny missing blue areas in the center part of the aprons. I have been debating whether to leave it alone, try touching them up and clearing over, or using a decal. I think I'll go with the decal.

#102 8 years ago

Gosh, it is amazing to see such high quality work. Stunning stuff.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The Pinball Rescue apron decals are the best solution but they can no longer be purchased !!!

You could always just scan in and recreate the apron artwork yourself, and have decals printed, then you'll always have the artwork on hand for future restos. I'm going to have to go this route with my Centaur as the apron is a sore spot, just not sure what to do about the silver ink though.

#104 8 years ago

Having slogged through shopping a Vector, I can appreciate how incredible this is. Nicely done, Chris.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

You could always just scan in and recreate the apron artwork yourself, and have decals printed, then you'll always have the artwork on hand for future restos. I'm going to have to go this route with my Centaur as the apron is a sore spot, just not sure what to do about the silver ink though.

"Please Note: Pinball Rescue has ceased production and sales
of all Bally-Williams trade marked products."

God damn rick!

#106 8 years ago

I really want a Fathom!

#107 8 years ago

Besides rick sending a C and D for a product he'll never make, whats stopping a restore guy from re screening aprons?

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Besides rick sending a C and D for a product he'll never make, whats stopping a restore guy from re screening aprons?

You can legally rescreen them, as long as you screen the same thing on them that was once printed on them.

You have the legal right to restore.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can legally rescreen them, as long as you screen the same thing on them that was once printed on them.
You have the legal right to restore.

Exactly! I wasn't suggested screening apron decals and selling them to the public at large, just for use in restorations.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-vector-a-year-in-the-making/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.