image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 5 years ago

Almost there.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#202 5 years ago

now the point I've been waiting for the ramps

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

now the point I've been waiting for the ramps

Anything you need to know about those in particular technically?

#204 5 years ago

pretty much which ones go on first, second, third for better fitment and clearance purposes. I found it hard with skill shot in the way. and how do make sure they are leveled properly?

#205 5 years ago

on mine i find when the ball travels on the swirl ramp it moves a little back and forth. I don't like that.

#206 5 years ago

on mine i find when the ball travels on the swirl ramp it moves a little back and forth. I don't like that.

No problem I will try to highlight that tomorrow as I place them.
TOTAN does have a tricky ramp reassembly and order.

#207 5 years ago

thank you. your the best.

#208 5 years ago

That looks just incredible. Totally blown away.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That looks just incredible. Totally blown away.

your going to be stoked. I'm envy of you. congrads

#210 5 years ago

I want to see the new sticker on this game!!!

#211 5 years ago

your going to be stoked. I'm envy of you. congrads

To say that I am excited is an understatement

#212 5 years ago

Can someone wake Chris up and tell him to get to work?

#213 5 years ago

Are we there yet?

#214 5 years ago

Busy today with prepping for the potential weather impact around here.

The first ramp to place is this one

Has been flame polished. 62EF53B6-E33E-43A6-BB25-419A7F41FA46 (resized).jpeg62EF53B6-E33E-43A6-BB25-419A7F41FA46 (resized).jpegB2F816F8-F93E-4365-8ED2-F449D83C62DD (resized).jpegB2F816F8-F93E-4365-8ED2-F449D83C62DD (resized).jpeg6508BB2D-B954-4C1F-B7C6-1CC3544F91F0 (resized).jpeg6508BB2D-B954-4C1F-B7C6-1CC3544F91F0 (resized).jpeg

Then installed.
246956F5-80D9-46C9-BC21-4918D31451E9 (resized).jpeg246956F5-80D9-46C9-BC21-4918D31451E9 (resized).jpeg

I needed to make a correct size spacer for this location.
It will serve the same purpose but require a small nut on the topside instead of a screw
What was there previously was incorrect
Should be around 7/8 or 15/16

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#215 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Has been flame polished.

Did you take off the decal for polishing? If so, what do you use to reattach it?

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Did you take off the decal for polishing? If so, what do you use to reattach it?

I think these are fairly new ramps so the decals did not need to be removed but when I do reuse them I use this

#217 5 years ago

Skill shot is rebuilt with short protections
Very often the diodes can touch the bracket or break because of the tight fit and bends.
This is corrected with new diodes and double tubing.

#218 5 years ago

Skill shot is placed image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Now I can install both the sword plastic that guides the ball from the shooter Lane to the skill shot bracket and the shooter assembly itself.

I wouldn’t know where is the best spot to place these items without the skill shot in place.

#219 5 years ago

Next I am going to rework the. Cosmetics of the spinning lamp.

The lamp is removed. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

I am replacing the rubber on there.
It has an orangish kind of gummy feeling rubber currently image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
I will replace it with a more yellow color correct version that is also slightly larger in diameter.
This in my eyes is what is correct and will produce the best spin from ball strikes.

#220 5 years ago

Did you consider to use some sort of cover on top of the sharp metal rims of the skill shot? Or is this not nessesary to prevent ball damage?

#221 5 years ago

A slightly more flashy looking lamp is placed using color correct hardware.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from Stokoloog:

Did you consider to use some sort of cover on top of the sharp metal rims of the skill shot? Or is this not nessesary to prevent ball damage?

I have tried that once or twice on some heavily brass plated versions but never found anything that I could trust to stay in place long term.
This is why I usually suggest just the standard zinc plated bracket.
Something like this could probably work for protection but cosmetics would suffer.

#223 5 years ago

New bed of nails assembly is made up.
Old one was pretty beat.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Stokoloog:

Couldn't agree more. When I had a Totan, i used clear tubing cut in half to protect the ball .

#225 5 years ago

Wrapping this one up today.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#226 5 years ago

All that and no rotisserie. I guess if you take everything off in pieces like you do, it's not so necessary.
Beautiful work

#227 5 years ago

Looks absolutely incredible. Just stunning.

#228 5 years ago

still waiting for the [new] sticker reveal

#229 5 years ago

Finished cab.
Going to be quick trying to beat the weather.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#230 5 years ago

Few more cabinet details.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#231 5 years ago

I'm speechless

#232 5 years ago

interesting choice with the black armor. the gold leg bolts and levelers really sets it off. looks nice. thank you for documenting this build.

#233 5 years ago

.... aaand the red is already faded from those few minutes of exposure

#234 5 years ago

which game is next?

#235 5 years ago

Playfield

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#236 5 years ago

OMG so excited to see this in person!

#237 5 years ago

Inside.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#238 5 years ago

Thanks for the new labels Jim!

#239 5 years ago

Looks like it needs a brass lock to tie it in with all the other brass.

#240 5 years ago

just increadiable!

#241 5 years ago

Golly! That is really, really, really nice! Thank you for sharing!

#242 5 years ago

Thanks for the new labels Jim!
[quoted image]

I'm glad that they came out nice for you chris

#243 5 years ago

Why such a low dpi on the logo? or is that thing super tiny?

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

which game is next?

Hopefully I will have a chance to finish up the Pinball Magic
Swapping a playfield on a Joker Poker and starting an IJ
Have a TSPP,Radical, Dr Who all onbthe short list as well.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why such a low dpi on the logo? or is that thing super tiny?

zebra industrial printer (203dpi), created using the same printer used by b/w to create the manufacturer information decals

#246 5 years ago

Awesome thread, awesome restoration.

BTW, I noticed Maverick was no longer in the picture during Chris' sword workout / extravaganza. Smart dog!

#247 5 years ago

Hopefully I will have a chance to finish up the Pinball Magic

have one of those and was already following, looking forward to the completion of that thread!
Outstanding work!

#248 5 years ago

Love how everything is so clean, neat, shiny, and tidy under the playfield and in the cab. Shame most people will never see that.

#249 5 years ago

@high_end_pins since you've pretty much moved to your own cabinets. Why not use stringers on the bottom of the cabinet that go nearly the full length, vs the factory setup.. which can still easily catch corners/edges, etc? With angled edges, the cabinets could still be tilted easily without risk of catching the cabinet bottom or top edges

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

@high_end_pins since you've pretty much moved to your own cabinets. Why not use stringers on the bottom of the cabinet that go nearly the full length, vs the factory setup.. which can still easily catch corners/edges, etc? With angled edges, the cabinets could still be tilted easily without risk of catching the cabinet bottom or top edges

You could definitely improve the overall design or enhance things like you mention but what I run into is a 50/50 split where some people want it to be exact and others would accept improvements.
When you have that type of customer base it is better to go with a cleaner/better build of exact because that will please everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 119.99
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 37.50
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 84.99
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-totan-build/page/5?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.