IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1169 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 5 years ago

If you ever get tired of pinball I'm sure a museum would hire you for art restoration.

1 week later
#353 5 years ago

Tommy, awesome! Never got around to restoring or even thoroughly shopping mine before I sold it, so I'm looking forward to this.

#382 5 years ago

That puppy earned some coin in its day.

1 week later
#510 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Will make an appearance as an active project in the near future in this thread.

Popcorn popping!

2 weeks later
#778 5 years ago

Damn you, even the trough wiring is beautiful.

#822 5 years ago

Hopefully that shooter knob is on its way to the trash.

#840 5 years ago

I should know this since I used to own one, but did Tommy originally have pegs instead of rails?

#869 5 years ago

Well, at least we get to watch you build a new TAF from scratch.

1 week later
#1041 5 years ago

I like the plain shirt. Really glad you walked back some of the red up there. I rarely have a critical word to say about any HEP work, but that was a bit much. So after corrections you’re still batting a thousand.

#1087 5 years ago

Even though I may never own a HEP, I love knowing that so many examples of worn out (or worse, in this case) games have been converted into showpieces. It's like if someone went through a city and converted every derelict house into a mansion.

#1133 5 years ago

That's one place where I feel a lot Pat's WMS designs suffered; exposed wiring, switches, etc. He used a lot of those rubber switch covers which are better than nothing, but still... meh. Great job tidying things up where you can. Insane attention to detail, and relentless pursuit of a clean look.

#1199 5 years ago

Kevin Durant hoodie for the win!

#1268 5 years ago

I'm starting to think HEP the business is just a front for HEP the ultimate man cave. Don't worry, we won't tell your wife.

#1349 5 years ago

Cleaned the fan blade and put it on the shelf with the motor. Then put it back together for now until I have the motor in hand. Might be a month

Bungee cord a box fan to that sucker.

#1379 5 years ago

Awesome, can't wait to see the completed Knockout.

2 weeks later
#1599 5 years ago

Why are gear boxes packed full of grease instead of lubed with something like liquid teflon? Seems like it would be extra work for the motor to chew through all that grease, and eventually it dries out & jams. I'm sure there's a good reason since it's always been done that way.

#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Was liquid teflon available 26 years ago ?

I guess I meant, why is it still done now?

My old jukebox had thick grease all over the gears. I wiped off everything I could reach without full disassembly, then added a healthy (but still relatively miniscule) amount of liquid teflon. Seems fine.

Again, I'm sure there's a reason it's still done that way, just curious.

#1648 5 years ago

Amazing what a pile of PCBs and chips it took to run a game until very recently.

1 week later
#1795 5 years ago

Really curious to see how you handle the low-res dithered art on that Simpsons cabinet.

#1854 5 years ago

Also heading to the warehouse will be my beer collection as I gear up to take part in Dryuary.

Thread unfollowed.

Just kidding, I could sooner give up beer for a month than the HEP thread. Can't wait to see what the new year brings. Happy 2019 to Chris and all the regular viewers (droolers) here.

3 weeks later
#2247 5 years ago

Number one is #1.

#2288 5 years ago

Maybe I've always been a little KonMari, but nothing satisfies me quite like getting rid of stuff. Especially when it's going to someone with a use for it.

#2310 5 years ago

Seeing a Dr. Who gives me PTSD* since Keith Elwin destroyed me on it in state finals.

* Pinball Tournament Stress Disorder

#2330 5 years ago

I'm sure those Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros aren't for you.

#2335 5 years ago

Thanks for saving me the trouble! I saw the commercial during one of my kid's TV shows and got curious.

#2358 5 years ago

I forgot what grass looks like.

#2429 5 years ago

The more piece-y the coin door gets, the worse it looks to me. I don't mind solid blue for a perfect blend. Or classic black. Definitely agree with whoever said the coin door shouldn't be a focal point. Art should pop; hardware is a necessary wart.

1 week later
#2627 5 years ago

Chris posted a t-nut installation guide earlier in the thread. Pretty cool method:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/45#post-4803466

1 week later
#2655 5 years ago

Good man. I know it's more hassle to give stuff away than to trash it, but the karma payoff is huge. It's just too bad they don't accept karma at the fishmonger.

#2689 5 years ago

stephpopcorn.gifstephpopcorn.gif

#2740 5 years ago

I didn’t know TSPP decals existed. Looks a hundred times better than the washed out, dithered factory cabinet.

1 week later
#2810 5 years ago

Now that I see the finished product, the red t-molding totally works. Brings out the flipper buttons, Duff beer can, etc.

3 weeks later
#3002 5 years ago

It's only April 3rd and you got more shit done than I will all month.

1 week later
#3108 5 years ago

Wow. Sad sign of the “doll collector” direction this hobby has gone in. Your games are beautiful inside and out.

#3123 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What is that contraption on TZ?

Cooling fan?

#3131 5 years ago

Edit: nevermind! But I'll go ahead and leave the advice here for any other Munsters owners.

If you're tweaking that Munsters premium for a customer, I have one very specific piece of advice. On the lower playfield, fast shots to the right ramp will jump the opto 90% of the time. (Backhands are the fast shots. It's tough to make that ramp at all from the tiny left flipper.)

For my friend's LE, we wedged a small piece of clear plastic over that part of the ramp as a ceiling to force the ball down and break that opto on every shot. I'm sure your solution would be more elegant.

1 week later
#3184 4 years ago

That door has a nicer finish than most playfields.

#3212 4 years ago

Admit it, this was all just a ploy to get a full-sized beer fridge for the shop.

2 weeks later
#3301 4 years ago

Your wife is saint, putting up with maybe the most high-maintenance family of all time.

1 week later
#3334 4 years ago

T nut is roughed in just an effort to make it blend in not over the top or anything.

Holy shit, I still had to look for it.

#3336 4 years ago

Red bleed-through is so bad I thought that part was supposed to be a different color. After your touch-up it's obvious what it was intended to look like all along.

#3375 4 years ago

He is starting out in a good position he is only 21 and has all the tools here to make it happen as long as he is committed to it.

Good for Curtis! Being young makes all the difference. I never really got in shape, and starting now would be... challenging. If he sticks with it, he'll be ripped like his old man in no time.

#3400 4 years ago

I always assumed those rubber rings were to prevent vibration damage to the lamps, but at the same time that seemed like a far-fetched level of care for a manufacturer. I guess they just didn't wanna stock shorter screws.

#3480 4 years ago

You call that traffic?!?

Curious to see what you do with the Tron LE. Hard to believe that game is already eight years old. When I had one I played it so much that I had to shop it out twice, just in home use.

Oh, and if you need NOS ramps or Hallmark lightcycles, I know a guy.

#3549 4 years ago

Yeah, I would go original hot pink all the way, flaws or not.

1 week later
#3619 4 years ago

His posture and even something about his overall demeanor looks more confident in that dumbbell photo. Quick improvement.

#3670 4 years ago

That's my kinda cake, half frosting!

1 week later
#3782 4 years ago

For whatever reason they don’t make these Lane guides in purple so clear should work. Those may require a purple bulb though.

Factory red guides a no-go I take it? I'm also averse to clown puke, but color-bombed that exact area on my Stern Star Trek pro. The lane guides are blue, but it's kind of a light blue and is totally washed out by a white LED, so I went blue there. Not a hindrance to gameplay since it's so far up & out of the way.

#3817 4 years ago

Gettin' your money's worth out of that truck.

2 weeks later
#4016 4 years ago

Holy shit, that green insert touchup is next level.

worthy.gifworthy.gif

#4043 4 years ago

He hasn’t lost a huge amount of weight *yet*

...but I bet he's replacing some fat with muscle. Curtis is an inspiration. Keep it up!

1 week later
#4143 4 years ago

Will the low gloss ramp eventually show a shiny ball trail? If so I'd consider high gloss for preventative purposes. But I agree the low gloss will better blend into the playfield. I don't want ramp glare in my face when I'm playing.

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

We had the worst Fed Ex guy in the world at work, made so many complaints about him. He moved down south

South of New York? I think he moved to Matthews, North Carolina.

#4240 4 years ago

Polishing of the TZ parts
Sanded from 800 to 1500
This shapes them and cuts any grain or dust nibs flat instead of just rounding them off.

Sorry for the nitpick question, but which (if any) grits do you step through between 800 and 1500? I have a CPR Centaur playfield with graining, and was hoping to shave it down & polish without having to reclear. End result doesn't need to be perfect, just minimizing grain is the goal.

#4270 4 years ago

Blacked-out TZ mini will really enhance the illusion of a ball being thrown around by a mysterious force, as opposed to bouncing off white rubbers, colored posts, etc.

Curtis looks fitter already. And he's more of a man than I'll ever be if he can stand a beard in the summer.

#4331 4 years ago

Coin doors are a pain in the ass. Back when I used to "restore" (I use that term lightly) old Bally games for myself, I'd do the coin doors and lockdown area first just to get it over with. Then it was onto the fun stuff.

#4354 4 years ago

As crazy as that "hose the whole game" method looks, it's genius. My least favorite part of tearing down & shopping an old game like that is my hands turning black every five minutes from the grimy old parts. Hate having filthy hands so I'm constantly washing them during the job. Then when I'm done my fingertips are black for days.

#4366 4 years ago

I've tried! You'd think a thin glove wouldn't make me the clumsiest person on earth, but it does. I can't even hang onto a screw.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd do orange pop skirts maybe to match the basketball if you aren't too far to swap.

I'm not sure orange would pop enough against the hardwood floor background of the most visible bumper. Loving red on this one.

Not tryin' to shoot you down, just thinking out loud.

1 week later
#4409 4 years ago

Copper must have been cheap in 1982. So many coils.

#4429 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My comments are in no way intended to be political nor do I want to start a conversation on the topic.

Then don't.

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

OOooo touched a nerve...

Relax, Texas dudes, I'm a meat eater. Just a pet peeve when someone says "I don't want to be political or start a discussion, but... (insert comment here)." You're bascially saying I want only my opinion to be heard, then shut down any further discussion. Here's an idea, just don't go there in the first place.

Apologies to Chris for contributing to the derail. This is the best thread on pinside. Let's get back to pinball, steak, beer, fitness, and just all-around good living.

1 week later
#4549 4 years ago

Holy shit, those pop bumper "caps" are genius. I'm considering doing my Centaur without any red plastic, and couldn't come up with a good bumper solution. Until now. I'd love to see what those look like when lit.

#4550 4 years ago

Noticed you stuck with the linear flipper mechs. Was that customer's choice or your choice? I've heard differing opinions on those, but I haven't heard the HEP opinion.

#4560 4 years ago

Just noticed you put a powerball in the queen's chamber. I was planning to do that too. Great minds think alike!

Should make it possible to actually hit more than one or two drop targets via the doubler lane.

#4564 4 years ago

This doesn’t look like much but it was a chore.

Oh, it looks like plenty.

#4576 4 years ago

Repro parts are great, but I really appreciate these old-school restorations where you have to reuse decals, flame polish ramps, etc. Might appreciate it less if I was the one doing it!

#4636 4 years ago

I wonder how much of it has to to with them no longer being able to put the Royal Mounty on the label?

My guess is the very limited supply of maple syrup bourbon barrels. They probably want to try aging other brews. Nothing in the article says CBS is gone forever. It took a six year hiatus before; it'll be back. Incidentally, my favorite beer of all time was aged in those same barrels: Founders 2009 Nemesis, 12% ABV wheatwine. It was truly the nectar of the gods.

#4637 4 years ago

Fall is just around the corner

Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest is great! It's one of my favorite styles, so I try a bunch of them every fall. Sierra Nevada is this year's winner... so far.

#4675 4 years ago

What I was told is ball trail is sort of like polishing. So if it’s already polished, it won’t really show. But I’m too lazy to polish ball guides, so I’ll never know for sure.

#4676 4 years ago

Chris, where’d you steal that fast food tray from?

#4710 4 years ago

Speaking of eating shells, Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas makes the best shrimp I’ve ever had: garlic prawns. Absolutely MASSIVE shrimp fried with the shell removed from the meat, but still attached at the tail. It’s like having a garlic kettle chip with every prawn.

Dammit now I’m starving.

1 week later
#4755 4 years ago

These are the most satisfying restores. Take a near basket case example a cool, rare game and transform it into a masterpiece. Can't wait to see the before & after.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4809 4 years ago

Not sure how much longer I will continue because it has gotten so long and potentially boring but here we go with another week.

Hopefully not boring to you; definitely not boring to me! I look forward to this thread every single day, and learn something almost every day as well. Hard to believe I don't have to pay for it, but as the old saying goes, "the best things in life are free."

1 week later
#4947 4 years ago

A birthday meal fit for the undisputed king of pinball restoration. That lobster roll had me drooling!

#4959 4 years ago

More importantly I revised the yellow stripe with some more aggressive patterns a bit more in line with what was originally there. Not identical but giving a very similar impression.

Sweet, love it! I didn't want to say anything before since cameras can lie, but the first splatter was barely visible to me. This new one screams late '80s, early '90s neon "X-treme" culture. I like it even more than the factory art, because it was derivative of the blue/black area. Too much of the same pattern.

1 week later
#5068 4 years ago

What's this "golden ale" crap?

#5072 4 years ago

Alright, sanity is restored to Casa de HEP. Nice boot!

1 week later
#5165 4 years ago

They tend to stick out just a little too far if you are using regular bulbs or LEDs with domes.
The solution is to use leg bolt hole protectors around them

Brilliant.

2 weeks later
#5355 4 years ago

I'm not much for custom shooter knobs (in fact I usually hate them) but that matching skateboard wheel is hella rad.

#5391 4 years ago

Four target banks,three flippers,jet bumpers,vari target,spinning dial,subway ,and more all in this little area.

"Let's build a small game," Pat said. "It'll be cheap," he said.

2 weeks later
#5582 4 years ago

Dracs face and the blue are done neither will be absolutely perfect matches because there is so little paint needed I couldn’t justify mixing pints or quarts to attempt to match perfectly even then it would be guaranteed.

What a horrible match, you talentless hack!

(j/k of course, even your less than perfect work looks perfect from here)

#5620 4 years ago

Just when I think I've seen it all, that POTO side rail restoration takes the cake. Amazing process. Your auto body work must have been insane.

2 weeks later
#5671 4 years ago

I'm not normally one for colored flipper bats, but translucent blue with green rubber looks great on a machine where blue & green are central to the gameplay. White bats stick out like a sore thumb on that deep, dark playfield.

1 week later
#5724 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the canadian mountie appears to have fallen of his horse on your bottle.

I think they got sued or were asked to stop using the mountie. It's no longer Canadian Breakfast Stout, it's just CBS. I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite!

1 week later
#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Now, whose coming over for Midnight Madness??

I'll be right over! ...with a box truck.

#5858 4 years ago

I'm sure this applies to most of the titles you restore, but that's gotta be the most beautiful POTO on earth. And it's a pretty game to begin with.

1 week later
#5947 4 years ago

I know we all say it, but it can't be said enough. This work is truly jaw-dropping. That's a ground-up remanufactured Spirit, made to quality standards no manufacturer could ever dream of. I feel lucky just to read this thread. Can't imagine what unwrapping one of those would feel like.

#5971 4 years ago

Mmm, blueberry maple!

#5982 4 years ago

HEP exposed! Shows fake before & after "process" photos of a beater and an NOS playfield. I knew there had to be a catch.

#5988 4 years ago

Here is a comparison between the HEP paint scheme and the BTC.
One is a perfect match to the apron the other is probably somewhere more in the realm of original but a bit too drab.

Also the BTC stencil work is questionable. Bally logo on the head, woof. Is that freehand?

#6011 4 years ago

I wonder what percentage of the surviving Spirits are HEP restored at this point.

2 weeks later
#6145 4 years ago

How many points if you shoot one in a beer glass?

#6194 4 years ago

I like to set these 1/8 to 3/16 lower than the factory for a couple reasons.
First the priming and painting can add a 1/16
Second the replacement playfields And plastics can be a little thicker

Just one more reason why you're the G.O.A.T.

#6195 4 years ago

The idea of being able to get beer out of a baby bottle is intriguing

You could try the method my little guy used at two weeks old. It says milk right on the bottle!
IMG_0922 (resized).JPGIMG_0922 (resized).JPG

#6221 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Could I ask what you use for this chemical cleaning?

Someone asked the exact same thing last month. Chris answered in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/120#post-5422827

3 weeks later
#6380 4 years ago

I know that's a factory look, but it's always struck me as odd. Were the specks initially added to hide manufacturing flaws or location wear? Have any of your customers ever requested no specks?

#6431 4 years ago

Holy shit, that’s maddening. I’d burn the cabinet and close the business!

You are a patient man.

#6455 4 years ago

Wow, those black standoffs make a world of difference. White ones looked so chintzy, stuck out like a sore thumb.

1 month later
#6820 3 years ago

I hope the woodrail owner appreciates all the work going into that cabinet! I actually thought it looked period perfect after your cleaning, more than acceptable level of patina. But the customer is always right.

#6871 3 years ago

This dude is a warlock.

1 week later
#6973 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I know you don't post game play videos but you do test them so it would be great to see this one in action if possible when done.

Yeah, this is the first time I've been jonesing for a HEP gameplay video. I've played nice examples of most of the other stuff.

#6976 3 years ago

Seems counterintuitive but I find that frosted warm LED's reproduce the incandescent glow better than a clear/retro LED. The clear LED itself looks more original, but I'm not a fan of the light throw. There's definitely no perfect substitute.

#7020 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Bravo. I've seen every post on this thread and you do unparalleled work, but this is your masterpiece.

Agreed. This goes beyond mere pinball restoration, into historic preservation.

Normally I'd say Chris should use the woodrail to advertise his services, but I doubt he wants to do another one!

#7022 3 years ago

I'm sure Chris has found it's not worth his time & patience to sit on the phone complaining about defective parts to get a refund, but man, it chaps my ass to see this inferior crap and it's not even my money.

#7032 3 years ago

Thanks so much for the video! Really have a feel for the gameplay now. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only publicly available footage of Select-A-Card in action.

#7040 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

HEP White Glove delivery origin story?

For some reason my brain started playing the Curb Your Enthusiasm music to that photo.

1 week later
#7088 3 years ago

I can imagine why the originals were riveted on a location beast like TAF. I've seen those twist-on flasher domes pop off. Better to have a dead flasher than a dome blocking the drain. For collectors and home use I'd rather be able to change a bulb without tools.

#7090 3 years ago

Interesting, maybe it was in response to operator complaints about bulbs being too hard to change. Come to think of it, every TAF I played on location was dark.

1 week later
#7154 3 years ago

joke.gifjoke.gif

#7160 3 years ago

Add one more voice to the Tommy chorus. Can't wait to see how that one turns out. Sold mine before I got around to a full tear-down shop job. I always meant to replace those ugly, opaque slingshot posts with good fashioned yellow or amber star posts.

#7184 3 years ago

Actual white russian tilt bob with liquid sensor.
Lebowski.pngLebowski.png

1 week later
#7249 3 years ago

Sounds like pinside is ignoring the Exif Orientation tag in photos.

Sorry, that information is useless in and of itself.

1 week later
#7307 3 years ago

There's those pearly whites!

I haven't paid a lot of attention to this new trend of adding glitter to repro playfields. Does it add any complexity to your sanding/reclearing process, or is it already locked down tight under the factory clear? Normally I'm a purist but I actually don't mind it for small pops like the lime green on IJ.

1 week later
#7378 3 years ago

I switched from red inlane guides to clear after power up because I want the gray plastics to match up and the red guides were color flooding them causing a mismatch although they looked great with the game off.

This is an excellent observation & choice. I wish everyone had your instincts. Whole lotta clown puke out there in the collector community.

#7416 3 years ago

Seems like a little extra love went into this one. Lots of nice touches.

#7426 3 years ago

HEP thread in a nutshell: "Another garbage TAF, I need a beer!"

1 week later
#7523 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Wow, the low-res half toning on the cabinet artwork looks terrible! What were they thinking?

They were thinking "please don't lock the doors, please don't lock the doors." Low-res screened cabinets are a holdover from the mid 2000s when Stern was on the brink of bankruptcy. Tron is one of the big titles that turned things around. Later runs had much nicer decaled art.

#7538 3 years ago

That drawer is priceless.

#7561 3 years ago

They are spicy!!!!!

Appropriate shirt.

1 week later
#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

After seeing the Kornfreak planes installed, it's hard to look at anything else...

I found them a bit gaudy, as well as the sculpted, overly painted idol/path plastics. No knock on Chris, the customer is always right (or at least paying to be wrong). This current IJ is perfection my semi-purist eyes.

#7676 3 years ago

Pleeease let's not go there in this thread.

#7683 3 years ago

At first I was like, "why does Chris hate doing just playfields, or just a cabinet? Money's money." But after seeing so much perfection go out the door, it must be disappointing to send something out having only touched a piece of it. In a way your name is associated with this game now, despite all the flaws and factory shortcuts everywhere but the HEP cabinet. (And I also understand the point about stand-alone playfields clogging up the whole-game workflow.)

#7688 3 years ago

Really curious to see what needs to be done (or can be done) to one of those pixelated early 2000's Stern cabinets. If I recall correctly, Tron LE and first run Tron pros were the last games with low-res printed cabinets before the current decals were introduced.

#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't realize they upped the resolution for the replacement run TRON cabinet decals.

Stern changed the cabinet art process entirely between Tron runs. They went from cabinets that arrived at the factory already direct-printed, to decals applied at the factory. Transformers was next, the first all-decal Stern game. Many of those wrinkled badly at the legs, hence the introduction of metal (and then cheaper plastic) cabinet protectors to keep legs from digging in. But I digress.

#7735 3 years ago

Agreed, the old shade was too dark. New blue looks better.

bluemyself.jpgbluemyself.jpg

#7738 3 years ago

Seems like powder is rarely up to HEP standards, and he bascially treats it as primer. Makes sense when you compare the average powdercoat to a high-end custom automotive finish, which is pretty much what Chris does. Apologies if I put inaccurate words in his mouth.

#7745 3 years ago

Oh man, barrel aged peanut butter stout? I'm jelly.

#7753 3 years ago

How does t-molding handle paint & clear? Can it bend a little without cracking? Anytime I've swapped t-molding there was a bit of flex & rubber mallet tapping involved.

#7760 3 years ago

One-slot coin door was Stern's misguided attempt to save money because they assumed (correctly) most Tron LEs weren't going on location and assumed (INcorrectly) collectors wouldn't care about the single slot. Collectors lost their shit. "It doesn't match!" "You gave us less than pro buyers!"

I know a hobby operator local to Stern who (understandably) carried his Tron LE coin door into the factory, plopped it on someone's desk, and wouldn't leave until they gave him a two-slot door. You need that redundancy in case one gets jammed.

3 weeks later
#7845 3 years ago

Good riddance to the awful factory bumper "caps."

#7847 3 years ago

Why would someone pay for the HEP experience and request radcals? I thought those were what you slapped on a cabinet you're too lazy to restore (I say this as a lazy person).

#7858 3 years ago

Today is my 48th birthday so I doubt I will accomplish much but we”ll see it is still just a Tuesday

Mine was last Tuesday, it sucked. Hope yours is better! I'm sure dark liquid will be involved.

#7894 3 years ago

My freshly unboxed Tron LE played like greased lightning. Can't even imagine how fast a HEP restored playfield is. Bonkers.

2 weeks later
#7999 3 years ago

Fishbone!

1 week later
#8039 3 years ago

All new targets game uses 20.

And the sad thing is, 12 of them you never shoot on purpose! Not hating on F-14, I used to own one and loved it, every game has dangerous shots you avoid.

1 week later
#8092 3 years ago

How many mods are they gonna make you cram into that thing?

#8112 3 years ago

Marshall had to get some teeth fixed. Nothing major just a couple routine Cavities and a cleaning.
For the average person that is not a real big deal but when it comes to Marshall it means he has to go to the actual hospital and be put out via anesthesia.

Marshall, I empathize with you buddy! Ever since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I feel claustrophobic or suffocated by all those instruments in my mouth, unable to swallow. I can take the pain of dental work but not the dry mouth & rubber dam.

Couple halcyon pills and I'm as sedated as you can possibly be without going under actual anesthesia. At that point they could pour gravel in my mouth and I'd be like "whatever."

#8138 3 years ago

TAF videos are simply jaw-dropping. I have no words.

#8169 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’m coming to your house for trick-or-treat. You can keep the candy. I’ll just take the steaks!

You keep the steaks; I'll take the beer!

#8191 3 years ago

CFTBL project just got another big boost thanks to swinks
Thank you!!

This hobby can be pretty awesome sometimes.

#8225 3 years ago

Good idea to keep them all long until you're done; easy to see where you've tied and where you haven't. My dumb ass would just clip as I go. Learn something new here every day.

#8243 3 years ago

I changed the curly ramp lamps from green to traditional.
It’s supposed to be a film strip so in my eyes I just like that idea better.

Good move. In addition to the film strip thing, green was clashing with the teal pops & snackbar mod, which are both in the same line of sight as the curly ramp. Green bowl lights are far enough away that they don't clash. Perfection.

#8262 3 years ago

I see hot dogs below the E-Y-E-S inserts and now I can't unsee it.

3 years later
#14429 30 days ago

It will be back probably with only the rants in a dedicated playlist.

Yay! HEP is my must-see TV and I'm usually on top of the videos, but I was busy hosting pinball league over the weekend and only caught the first couple minutes of the TZ rant. Got back online this morning and thought I must've dreamt the whole thing.

#14475 28 days ago

I think if there’s enough interest in that sort of thing I will tell the rest of it in a part 2.

Anything you want to share, we'll be glad to listen. No pressure though of course. Seems like the unlisted video approach is great for this kinda stuff, no random know-it-alls stumbling onto your more personal videos via the youtube algorithm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.