IMG_0906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0886 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0878 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0873 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0887 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tophervette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10932 2 years ago

How did you get such clean holes in the plywood? I tried recently with a drill and I got a chewed up version. Do You sandwich another piece of wood between them? Maybe I used cheap plywood from Home Depot.

#10950 2 years ago
Quoted from Duramadmax:

Those lamp panels look really nice. Do you replace the lamp sockets with new ones or reuse? I have a bunch I need to replace on a Getaway due to brittleness.

Good luck finding those lamp sockets. I looked for months, and finally found some used ones in Argentina from a guy Xpablo. I needed 37 of them in white and 10 in black (flashers). Though there is no difference other than color. Rewiring them has been a trip. I am sure there is a tool for that, but I used a thin blade screwdriver to push the wires in.

2 months later
#11328 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Pinball Center ones look better, at least on the website pic. But the skin tone still looks off...
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/8998/plastic-set-for-kiss

Goodluck on getting anything out of pinball center. They do not ship to the US anymore. Zitt was getting parts for a while through a 3rd party, but after the last shenanigans, lost shipment, and many months of delay. He is calling it quits with them as well.

1 month later
#11570 1 year ago

link to your YOUTUBE channel? please.

#11577 1 year ago

I can relate to your recent IJ youtube vids. I bought a used wpc89 wiring harness for my Dr Who build. It was all balled up in a rats nest, with many sockets, switches and coils cut off. I proceeded to put new molex connectors on and then check pin to pin that it was connected. Especially after hearing your advice about possible broken internal wires. I have found that certain light sockets are not available at usual sources like Marcos. Thanks for the inspiration on your builds. I only have spare moments, due to being a full time daddy day care of an autism 29 year old son.

3 weeks later
#11641 1 year ago

Interesting how the cam/motor on IJ has 3 sets of Optos. Where as, my Doctor Who has a huge Cam with several cutouts and only one Opto set. Different designers I guess but arriving at a similar outcome. Thanks for sharing.

1 month later
#11789 1 year ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Chris (or anyone in this thread), where are you sourcing the oak playfield rails from? Are you making these yourself now? I had purchased from Taylor Reese in the past but he seems to have stopped his operation. At least through pinside. I am looking for a set for a Whirlwind.

https://www.pinballlife.com/black-vinyl-wrapped-wood-rail-for-playfield-edges-1-18-x-12.html

1 week later
#11807 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do you feel lucky, punk?

"Well do Ya?" - I used to hear that saying about being a .44 Magnum - the worlds most powerful hand gun and how many bullets had he shot. Great Movie.
Edited gun sizing. LOL.

#11809 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

"Well do Ya?" - I used to hear that saying about being a .44 Magnum - the worlds most powerful hand gun and how many bullets had he shot. Great Movie.

3 weeks later
#11857 1 year ago

I think I saw something similar at my grocery store, in the Feminine Aisle called Glide.

3 months later
#12158 1 year ago

I have been using these posts and pictures as a benchmark/example of what to do for both of the rebuilds I have done these past 2 years. I am not rushed as it is my own project. I added Molex/Trifurcons to my rebuilds as well. I even numbered them (from numbers in the manual). It made it easier to fix problems recently, when I had the wire harness for 2 pop bumpers and 2 Flipper leaf switches hooked to the next door mech. I appreciate the details Chris provides in his posts and pictures.

From Another Chris.

DSCF3496 (resized).JPGDSCF3496 (resized).JPG
#12160 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Looks good.
There is nothing worse than having to sort things out in the cabinet.

If I ever do another, I have learned to power up on the PinDOC before the PF goes in the cabinet. I was naive thinking micro switches were bent right, right out of the bag. I did trace out every wire in the used wiring harness while I was changing out the IDC connectors to Molex. I made a list of connectors and the colored wires and where they went, using both the manual, switch matrix, and a working game. I still got confused on a few wires as the colored dots or stripes on the old wires were vague. Brown, red and violet were always guesses. Stretching down into the cabinet to address issues with the pop bumpers at the bottom of Doctor Who was the worst. At least I got the spoons adjusted right, the first time out.

Chris in Bowie, MD.

PF29 (resized).JPGPF29 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#12207 1 year ago

I feel really lucky that the cabinet I got from Ohio was perfect in every respect for my WPC 89.

#12247 1 year ago

In building and rebuilding 2 different 1992 Bally Dr Who's, I have come to the conclusion that they did the "whatever was on hand in the right color combination". Mostly the harness of both were barber pole stripe. Then on the Playfield daisy chains, it was a mixture of stripes and bands. This confused me. But was told that as long as the base color and the stripe or band was correct, then it was correct. Strange how two supposedly similar harnesses were built different.

2 weeks later
#12324 1 year ago

LOL Welcome to Old Age Mens problems. You ain't felt nothin' till they say you have an enlarged prostate and we are going to take samples. Think 6 large needles loaded into a probe that go off one at a time like a shot gun. That probe is up where the sun don't shine. I almost fell off the table. Yes you are awake.

Back to beautiful restored Pinball machines....

2 weeks later
#12452 11 months ago

I have sink envy now....

1 month later
#12554 10 months ago

I have often wondered why the Black sockets get a washer on WPC games. Is it because of the flasher bulbs are bigger?

1 week later
#12609 9 months ago

That White Water looks awful familiar. Either it or its twin ugly sister was on route 2 years ago at Crofton Bowling Center. One of the flippers did not work. The PF was filthy. The lockdown bar was not even held down. I played it because it was the only pinball there, while my son bowled on a special league. I called the distributor to see if he would sell it. He said he knew what he had and it was worth $10k. I then asked if it was so valuable, why didn't he fix the broken pop bumper, Flipper and clean it. He said it made money without doing anything. I hung up. he replaced it last year with an equally broken and dirty Monopoly. Point is, that there are those people out there who do the bare minimum in life and work. Then there are those that obsess over making every solder joint perfect, replace balls frequently, clean the PF even when it does not need it.

#12639 9 months ago

Skin the squirrel and use that real fur for BigFoot! Waiting to see how he comes out with his hair blow dried and combed out!

1 week later
#12691 9 months ago

I looked up what an ES was. EarthShaker? Selling for 3 to 3.6K on pinside. And you are at 1.2 k without labor costs in just the Cabinet alone without final paint and/or decals. Keep letting us know the costs. Very informative. I know how much I have in my current project and I don't even have a cabinet or PF yet.

#12715 9 months ago

I noticed that I also had to trim the back glass lock area. I even changed locks bar. Now I know.

#12738 9 months ago

I wish I lived closer and volunteer as QC game tester. To play better than new classic games with no errors, or PF problems...

1 week later
#12792 9 months ago

Is that the original Dr Who playfield and MPF or is it a CPR new one? If it is a CPR with 5 coats of clear (according to website) why does it need more clear work. Inquiring minds want to know. All your PF's look amazing.

1 week later
#12859 8 months ago
Quoted from dl9589:

Ugg...I checked and I have one of those CPR DW playfields without the target cutout also I bought it from their first run of them in Feb 2022. I'm glad you posted your router handywork or I still wouldn't know.

That makes 3 of them that I have heard about. Glad Chris knows how to operate a router with skill. And talking about skill 3 for 3 on ES. Wow.

Lucky owners of those games, for sure.

#12890 8 months ago

It is interesting to see all the road wear these pins get over the years. Left outside, dropped and rolled on a snowy hill from a cheap Harbor Frieght hand truck, over tightened leg bolts, Flood Damage from being on the coast during a hurricane and rodents. Same with Classic Car Barn Finds.

#12895 8 months ago

I love playing Scared Stiff and all the amusing call outs she does. I have never figured out what the rotating dial (watch the spider) in the head is going to do for the game. I am sure there is a strategy I am missing.

After my fall in January and breaking the top of my leg, Therapy is the way to keep your parts from freezing up and tieing you to a wheel chair or bed.

1 week later
#12982 8 months ago

I love your Playfield display days! You get to see all the art work that gets covered up by plastics, pop bumpers and ramps.

2 weeks later
#13058 7 months ago

Yea! A Bally WPC89 Doctor Who build!!! Watching with great interest. Looks like the cabinet decals are new already.

#13075 7 months ago

Yeah they’re on there kind of like lipstick on a pig. Short all the way around.
[quoted image]

I see what you mean in the corners. It also bothered me that on the corners, you can never line up the red and yellow stripes with the ones on the coin door. Even the original is like that.

#13109 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I remember all night long hearing jets flying back and forth. Since commercial air lines were grounded. It had to be military protecting us just in case.
LTG : )

Yes, in DC they were flying what is known as an air cap.

I was working at a DoD facility in Reston VA. I went down to the first-floor cafeteria to get some caffeine and a glazed doughnut. That was the only place that live TV was permitted, and it was always on a news channel. As I got to the door, I saw the TV overhead and watched the first plane go in. Then a crowd of coworkers soon gathered. At first it was assumed that the plane had a malfunction, but we were still in shock when the second plane crashed. Then we were told to return to our desks and await instructions. Sitting in front of a computer and reading emails about how we had to stay in place. Then the Pentagon was hit and were told "Don't move the Govt. is in crisis mode". Finally at noon we were allowed to leave. But the normal 45-minute ride home on the DC Beltway turned into a 5-hour ride. There was no cell phone connectivity. I was sitting in stopped traffic on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge across the Potomac River and hoping another plane would not be heading my way. (As that is the flight path to and from DC Airport).

#13136 7 months ago

Time to start getting the next batch of cabinets ready.
Doctor Who first.
[quoted image]

Will be paying close attention to this build before I start my next Dr Who build.
Looks like step 1 is to bondo the corners and any imperfections in the external plywood sides.
Step 2 is to sand it all smooth, ready for primer?

#13158 7 months ago

LOL. Launch Ball was installed upside down. Ugly mirror blades. The glass on, safety switch is laying unattached (probably because of mirror blades). Plastic ramps dirty/yellowed with age and probably brittle. The 15 red inserts in front of MPF are sinking (as they all do). Wrong new coin door with bill validator spot. But overall looks in great shape. Looking forward to the video. Interested to see if the underside is hacked and if GI connectors are burnt on power board.

#13231 7 months ago

Happy birthday Chris. Enjoy your youth, while you can. Exercise is good. Use your muscles or lose them sitting on a couch drunk. Lol.

#13286 6 months ago

Agree with your assessment of short GI harness and those yellow daisy chain lights that are also found in the back corner of Dr Who as well.

#13320 6 months ago

Eastern Rat Snake. I had one challenge me on the stairs of a Rennaisance Faire Booth I was working on. They are harmless, unless you are a mouse or a Rat. Supposely.

#13357 6 months ago

I want to play that White Water right now. Does the owner live in the DC/MD/VA/DE area?

1 week later
#13378 6 months ago

Your Dr Who build looks gorgeous! The wiring is better than factory! Noticed the back board of the PF is not on yet. Make sure to notch a hole for the PF glass wire not getting pinched on left rear side. I also slide a piece of cardboard in that switch to eliminate the PF glass error during testing. Not a fan of those 5-way flashers over the red dots and near the 15 square dots, for several reasons. First the bleed over of the light onto the 15 square dots. Second and more importantly the light bleed over into the 5 Opto array of the MPF. Just my opinion, of course. I also found that I had to dremel out the clear from where the MPF attaches, as it raises it too high.

Keep the pictures and videos flowing.

#13395 6 months ago

Looks Gorgeous. Damn you do good work! Can only hope mine is half as good.

#13410 6 months ago

Please tell me what the lower left corner board is, what the board in center hole of back box and I guess the lower right board is an GI OCD LED board.

#13416 6 months ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Outstanding work as always!! I’m curious about this. Shouldn’t this be inside the topper?
[quoted image]

Yes that Flasher does belong inside the Dalek topper. It flashes as the sound track of the Dalek talks. It lights up the 2 red dome ears and the eye stalk. Maybe it is an early photo before it got screwed down.

1 week later
#13471 6 months ago

Chris - Very impressive. I like how the cabinet wiring is all locked down with Black clips.

#13481 5 months ago

A THING of beauty. I have played TAF many times since it came out. I have never noticed all the great artwork hidden under pieces parts. You never see train but here it when you go down that lane.
I like the gold caps too! I always try to make that skill shot on launch into the popper in front of Thing Box.
"We Gladly feast on those that would subdue us", in front of the tomb in between the pop bumpers.

I play one at Mom's Market in College Park. Thankfully, the sound board finally got fixed. It sounded horrible for like a year.

#13511 5 months ago

I had never seen the Motor gear box for Thing Hand before. That is a lot beefier than the Doctor Who MPF gear box.

The external Go Lamp driver is not part of the game, I guess. It is to test the GI lamps before PF goes in?

1 week later
#13622 5 months ago

That Fish...Turd was filthy, dirty, corroded, rusted and stretched springs galore. You got some serious tumbling and plating to go. But we know you are up to the task.

1 month later
#13682 4 months ago

As Captain Kirk would say "Space...the Final Frontier".
As Jack Nicholson would say about your whiskey tasting, "Neep Neep Neep!!!".

#13718 3 months ago

That xmas village looks great! I would have to have a train layout with it though.

1 week later
#13780 3 months ago

OMG - That is one gorgeous cabinet!!!

1 week later
#13836 3 months ago

I really like your choice of colors on this TAF. The Green and Black Pop bumpers. The Black and Grey Flippers and rubbers. This is a prize piece for someone. Good Job!

#13863 3 months ago

I am using a separate power supply (+5 and +12 V) on my Doctor Who (just like HEP) to power my COLORDMD and other MODs. I bought the power supply here on Pinside. It plugs into the service port and therefore shares the same ground as the rest of the machine.

#13864 3 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I am using a separate power supply (+5 and +12 V) on my Doctor Who (just like HEP) to power my COLORDMD and other MODs. I bought the power supply here on Pinside. It plugs into the service port and therefore shares the same ground as the rest of the machine.

DSCF3534 (resized).JPGDSCF3534 (resized).JPG
#13866 3 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Ground is 0 volts by definition. They may not be 0 volts if you compare them to another gound. Your ground on the aux plug is not the same ground as your pinball boards. The first thing it goes through is a transformer which isolates the ground from the plug.

Oh this confuses me. I have a ground strap from the Power junction box that goes to the transformer and my Aux power supply. Then the ground strap runs all the way through the cabinet and up into the head. Inside the head that same ground strap ties into the metal back plane that boards attach to, that the boards get ground from the screws that attach them to the back plane board. And you are saying it is not the same ground? Sure measures that way on my VOM.

#13868 3 months ago

Follows the Green wire Ground from where it plugs into the wall of the house into the power junction box. In my case, it attaches to a red wire that is soldered to the case of the EMI Filter, that is mechanically attached to the case of the power Junction box, that in turn is screwed into the ground braid strap. Then the ground braid feeds the boards in the back box through the metal back plane. I am probably missing something here.

Cabinet16 (resized).jpgCabinet16 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13887 88 days ago

Agree with getting 300 to 500 spams/junk a day with my 20year old email address. It was interesting to read that the MD DMV sells your email, address and phone number. Anytime you register your email with a company you buy something from, so you can track your delivery, you get a new set of advertising emails. I bought some parts from France and am now getting French spam emails. Several of the same Threat Emails Spam I deleted today, claimed to have watched me on my computer camera and wanted me to pay them $700 in Bitcoin. Identical threat messages from 2 different addresses. I don't have a camera connected to my computer and do not have a laptop with a camera. But I assume some guilty people fall for this scam.

I like the Pakistani calls saying they are from Microsoft and that my computer is sending out Trojan Virus to my contact list. They want to talk me into allowing them access to my computer, so that they can (for free) clean my computer and help me. I let them go on for awhile, telling how to go into settings and give them my IP address, etc. This is when I am really bored. After leading them on for 5 minutes, I stop them. I tell them, you know why I have kept you on the line for this amount of time, it is so that we could trace your IP address. You have reached the National Cyber Threat Center at Ft Meade Maryland. We are going to send a spike to your system and fry your servers. They hang up immediately. LOL.

Having been briefed on this and the African Prince money scam at work, I knew better than to click on any links. Another popular one is from someone in your address list, who has been infected. Their name is correct, but the address is different. In the body of the email it says " See my new pictures" . Nope not happening. Stay Cyber safe.

1 week later
#13903 81 days ago

6 pop bumpers? Now the new Sterns are down to 1 on Godzilla and Jaws (although Rush had 3).

#13909 80 days ago

You deserve a nap after all that exertion. That red clay does not percolate, Water runs right off it to the lowest point. I hate mulch. I hate how it looks. I hate how it smells. I hate buying it and spreading it yearly. If I were Dr Seus, I would make that rhyme like Simon.

#13918 80 days ago

Turnbuckle from a swing set.

#13926 79 days ago

I can relate to this. My Autistic son (now 31), is a mimic. When he was younger in Elementary school, he would pick up other special kids behaviors. He would also hear either kids or teachers aids saying something inappropriate. Then he would come home and try his new word out on us. Just keep repeating it. Then his mother would go to the school and ask who was using this word. The school would always deny it of course. For the last few years, "Be patient" is repeated everyday. Like a shotgun of repeating words. At least it is not foul language anymore.

1 week later
#13961 72 days ago

My take on TZ issue from Mirco, is they knew Chris could fix any issues they threw at him. Not that that is in any way to do business. Some companies will keep making and shipping lower quality products as long as customers keep buying them. Especially if they are the only company that produces that particular part. Just like the multiple missing cut holes in the Doctor Who PF and MPFs from CPR. Several of those PFs got shipped to different customers. If the holes are cut by an automated computer-controlled router, how does that happen or get past the QC phase. Back to Mirco, I have just read that multiple widebody PFs are severely warped from the factory. This does not bode well for the future of PF rebuilds with this sloppy work. It is hit or miss, whether you get a decent PF. Even then it is also know that the clear coat will be substandard. But who wants to pay $2k for a perfect PF when the title may not even be worth 2x or 3X or even 4X the value of a complete game.

4 weeks later
#14190 44 days ago

The youngest son is mentally handicapped and the oldest would mean well but would probably leave it in ruins despite his best efforts.
If anything happens to me get your games out of here and run !
Cut your losses and move on!!
There isn’t a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. It’s just a rainbow. Enjoy it while it last Lol!

I am retired and living on a fixed income from the Govt. I can relate as our 1 son has autism and will be with us till we can no longer take care of him. Relatives would not even babysit when he was younger. We are living comfortably in the suburbs. However, the latest economy is taking a huge chunk out money coming in. I have to limit my purchases every month, as I stretch the budget. Just turned 70 and figure I got 10 to 14 years left.

#14205 43 days ago

I think project funding is the biggest issue. Especially these days. I try to operate out of my own pocket up to a point because the only thing worse than not having enough of your own money is having too much of someone else’s with little to nothing to show for it.
The reason that’s such an issue these days though is because people want and or need so much more than in the past.
You look at a basic game like IJ as an example. With only small parts mark ups and rounding.
$1500 brass trim(most request this could be $2500 if they want the door too)
1200 playfield set
1000 cabinet
500 color dmd
450 cabinet art
250 plastic set
175 ramp
100 ruins
Your over $5000 maybe even 6000 and you have even bought a switch or a solenoid yet.
Now I collect a $2000 deposit at arrival that’s non refundable because I am
A)not wrestling and storing games for nothing
B) am counting on that tied up spot to be a future job
C)needing to justifying the long term expenses(rent,insurance,taxes)
The only actual money I make is on my own labor. I charge $7500-8500 on the average job.
It usually takes about 3-4 weeks once I get into it.
That comes out to about $2000 a week and that pays me and for my overhead. The amount of money I have invested in equipment is substantial and this particular skill set I have is not a cheap one.
Now think about this where would the funding come for all those parts and labor cost while the game is in process?
It is supposed to come from the customers but often it doesn’t at least not enough or not soon enough and that leaves me in a tight spot frequently.
When it’s all done and I have built the game cut no corners despite those stressors I then have to hear about how it cost too much,took too long they had to adjust a switch after a two thousand mile journey,etc.
Again. GO TO HELL !!!
What’s worse is when you see one for sale and these cheap know nothing fucks shit all over saying no xxx is worth that etc.
Then you see their rattle canned Classic Arcade decaled termite infested version of it for sale for two thirds the price.
Get out here with that. You are embarrassing yourself.
I know that’s kind of an evil rant but it’s the reality of the situation quite often and yet I still enjoy it and I do deal with way more good guys than bad.
Even people I have never and will never deal with in a business sense are some of the best parts of it for me. I don’t hate it but it’s way tougher than it gets credit for.

Chris - Thanks for explaining the process and the amount of money and effort that goes into your restores. Like many hobbies (Boats, Airplanes, Classic Cars, etc), they can quickly become money pits. If anyone is fixing up any hobbies or just doing maintenance, it costs money. I am also into Classic muscle cars. I bought a fixer upper 68 Camaro that ran. I have a certain amount of mechanical skills. The deeper I got into that project the more it cost. I had to sub out the engine rebuild, the painting, the upholstery. I rebuilt that car for the fun and ownership. I keep my toys. Much like my pinballs. I know flippers, that cut corners and put lipstick on pigs and hide problems that are going to bite the future customer. I found softball size lumps of bondo in the bottom of all 4 fenders. When I went to replace the carpet, the floor board came with it. I can see how your total restoration of an old pinball can cost as much or more than a new Stern. But Classics are just that. Keep up the great work!

#14291 38 days ago

I would have picked stainless also and red flipper buttons.

#14339 36 days ago

Some of the biggest expenses in this house are water,soap and paper towels. Marshall washes his hands about once every ten minutes and likes to use lots of liquid soap and at least six paper towels to dry them.
We constantly have to pay the higher CCF water rates because we use “too much” it’s like being fined for being handicapped.

I can relate to this every day. Thought it was just my son doing this. Every mealtime includes 4 paper towels before he sits down. And don't try and stop or modify this behavior or else risk a meltdown. Trips to the bathroom every couple hours include: using half a bottle of foaming soap, flushing the toilet 4 times and using half a roll of toilet paper. That sometimes clogs the toilet. But am extremely thankful that we are toilet trained. Another quirk is having to turn all the lights on (day or night) as he goes through the house on his inspection and closing all doors that are open.

My job is to keep the toilet paper and paper towels full. Fixing the toilet (replacing the handle mech every year) and clearing the toilet. Going behind my son and turning off most all of the lights. We get notified that we have the highest electric bill in our neighborhood every month.

#14407 30 days ago

I laughed my way through vid #2 of TZ. That F'in Doll, then the last F'in Doll broken had me on the floor. Thanks.

#14419 29 days ago

Darn, I went to revisit the video but now it is set to Private. I wanted to read the snarky comments and have missed my chance. I have to say that I saw the video and it was priceless. I am guilty of adding some Mods. Except for Godzilla. I have gone off the reservation in Mods for that pinball.

#14479 26 days ago

I prefer HEP style and have copied it twice! I know how much prep work goes into that, cause Black shows everything. I had a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am painted. When I went to pick it up. The painter came out to personally cuss at me. Because he had to redo it. Plus he did not put flex agent in the hood (the one where the Hood Scoop sticks out in the middle). He said it cracked twice.

#14482 26 days ago

Now I am looking for a link to that OCC show unveiling the pinball machine. I used to watch that stupid show. It was obvious that most, if not all, of the drama was made up to promote the reality. Like a lot of those Reality Car and Motorcycle shows, it is always about the deadline. It is always about getting that critical part at the last moment. There is always a class clown that they make fun of. There is always the expert that saves the day. Then they added the cute girl to the plot.

Here are some links for those that are curious>
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6173
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/occ-pinball-to-be-auctioned

Pinside_forum_2259248_482741 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_2259248_482741 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg
#14515 24 days ago

MMMmmm Brussel sprouts. Gonna cook some for me tonight too.

#14551 22 days ago

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with IJ.

#14587 18 days ago

Technical question about painting the Head. Why is the bottom not painted and left raw wood? Was this the original way it was done? Similar to how the bottom of the PF is not painted as a way to save paint at the factory? Inquiring minds want to know.

#14589 18 days ago

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I guess because I have not lowered the head on my game, I don't know that the paint has attached to itself like a sandwich. Now I know. DOH! as Homer Simpson would say...

#14622 16 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

This is America, storm water runs from the roof then over our yards.
If there is a lot, ir drains over the sidewalk into the street and "then" into the storm drains.

Like this past week, I had pools of water in my yard, water gushing out of my downspouts like a fire hydrant, and a literal river flowing down the street and into the sewer drains down the street.

#14674 12 days ago

Still waiting for where and when the doll gets installed. LOL.

#14693 12 days ago

How about a hulahep video?
HulaHEP
This one was a shooting star if you missed it

Marked Private, so no one can view, I guess...?

1 week later
#14729 3 days ago

So interested in seeing the custom build journey! I was also a Kiss fan. I had the first Kiss 8 track playing in my car with amplified speakers. I first saw them in Miami in 1976. Then again in 1978 in Houston Texas. I was working offshore in the Santa Barbra Channel California for an oil exploration company. We flew back to home base from LAX to Houston. My big/tall red neck supervisor made some bad remarks as we entered the plane, about "God Damn Freaking Hippies" sitting in first class. They were all leathered up with high heal boots (no make-up). He also called them "Queers" as we walked back to the economy section. When we got off the plane and went to baggage claim, these same long-haired hippies, were picking up guitar cases that said "KISS". I knew instantly who they were. I went from the airport to the concert venue and bought a ticket. Great Show by the way. Gene spitting fake blood as he stuck his long tongue out at the crowd.

There is a Kiss pinball at my local arcade (Crab Towne, Pasadena, MD). It is in great original shape. They also have a newer Kiss machine as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
$ 9.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tophervette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=tophervette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.