IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0034 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

208 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1624 5 years ago

Chris,

I would be happy to get half of what you get done in a day done in a week - very impressive for sure. But I was even more impressed with how quickly you replied to my PM this morning. I'll drop that machine to you one day this coming week.

For everyone reading this post I think Chris has actually been keeping a secret. I think he was cloned and there are actually 3 or 4 Chris's doing all that work. I don't see how one well organized guy gets so much done - has time to post & still can answer an email so quickly.

GREAT JOB ON ALL ACCOUNTS CHRIS!

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

this is a lie. chris has secretly kidnapped brian kelly and jim mccune and has them held hostage working under duress. both mr. kelly and mr. mccune have been absent on pinside, so this is all the confirmation needed. also, if you notice mr. hutchins is always smiling in his photos. no one in their right mind would be doing that after seeing some of the things that he's documented

I have to agree but there also might be another answer. Maybe he has Santa's Elves working for him. One way or another it is hard to believe how much he gets done in a week and still has time for his family, dog & to post here. I have been amazed for years!

3 weeks later
#1942 5 years ago

Normally I love everything I see you do but I have to honestly say I like the original art on Whirlwind better than this art package. I don't know exactly why but this art just doesn't do it for me? Maybe I'll like it better when machines is all together but right now I just don't like this as well as the original art.

Regardless - the finish and level of detail is great as always - just not an art package I would want on my machine.

Taking a step back I have to say the black on the Addams Family ramps & stuff made me want to change ours over to black - in my eyes that looked over the top GREAT!

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Thanks for the positive comments on the Whirlwind cabinet.
I always know that anytime there is a change from the original some will like it others will not and that is why I rarely ask or respond to opinions.
In this case the owner specifically wanted something different and he wanted it painted “HEP style” not decaled.
The art package was created for me by my friend Jeff Miller/Pinball Pimp and I took that art stencil package and chose my own colors and shading techniques to be complimentary to the original and still work well with the color pallet of the playfield and translite.
This particular Whirlwind isn’t just about building a nice Whirlwind it is about creating a special one.
I definitely have an eye and a sense for these things and without a doubt I personally could not be happier with how it is turning out thus far.

Chris,

I knew you had your reasons for what you did and as I said above it just wasn't "for me" but the workmanship is your typical over the top workmanship. After following your post for several years I have to honestly say this is the first time I have seen something you have done that I didn't love. I know it is personal taste and all that really counts is what you customer thinks so don't worry about what I said earlier. I probably should have just kept that comment to myself but if everyone liked the same thing the world would be a very different place. We are long past Henry Ford's all cars should be painted black and that is why things are not boring. But some people still like black cars!

Keep up the great work & I can't wait to see the next one.

#1951 5 years ago

Thanks I understand and expect that or what might be better etc etc.
I have done all kinds of things like painting a brand new Mercedes ML 320 camouflage , ghost flames on a old vette,Centaur silver,Fire black and countless other things. All for hire and by request. Not one single time in any of those efforts has it been universally loved or hated. It is just how things go when you deviate from what people are used to.
There are lots of factors and limitations involved in both making the changes and what you can reasonably do also.
I enjoy it.

Chris,

As an old car guy I couldn't agree more. Again - just my personal taste on this one and as I said earlier that might even change once I see the machine together but at this point this is the first "chance" I have seen you take I didn't love. Knowing what it takes to do this type stuff from person experience I am always amazed with your work. I am just surprised it took this long for you to do one I didn't love.

I also agree taking those risk come with great rewards - but 99% of people just don't want to take those risk because they are afraid to fail. Again not saying this is a "fail" just saying it wouldn't be my personal choice. And after all we are on Pinside so sometimes we need a little debate in the mix of things!

2 weeks later
#2200 5 years ago

A quick follow up on the items I threw up spontaneously yesterday and also the comments I made.
A few texted me to apologize for their offers.
No need to worry about that at all. I am not offended.
I have been doing this a long time I know the drill and I set myself up for that not having clear prices on the stuff.
I will let basically anything pictured go for a very fair price but when people offer $25 for a lockbar shipped to CA it just isn’t realistic
Four of them shipped to CA for $125 is
This is what I am getting at.
Hope that clears it up and again
No offense meant nor taken.

I think the big issue with most people is they don't understand the value of time. They understand the value of their time and want to get paid well when they are working but they don't place a value on time when it comes to people they are trying to do business with. Being self employed almost my entire adult life I have had to deal with this for over 40 years. When a friend or relative needs something they always say something like "I figured I would ask you since you don't have to go to work". They just don't get the fact that when you are self employed you are basically working all the time.

Realistically if you are self employed and you can't make $40 to $50 an hour (or more) these days you are living in poverty. Doing someone a favor is one thing but asking a plumber to do cheap plumbing work for you is not asking for a favor you are asking them to give valuable time away. Most people don't mind doing someone a favor from time to time but that is different than asking someone to give time away.

Asking for a cheap deal from you and expecting you to ship that item is basically asking you to work for free. That isn't you doing someone a favor that is being taken advantage of but some people just don't get that. You are in the pinball restoration business not in the provide cheap parts to people as part of a hobby.

Anyway - as you said earlier - you knew what to expect! Keep up the great work Chris!

1 week later
#2434 5 years ago

How about the door frame to match the cabinet with the orange strip where you had it and a black door with black parts on the door. I kind of liked the blue to match the cabinet but it just seemed like too much blue. Going with the frame blue & the coin door black might make a nice mix?

#2515 5 years ago

Maverick is on squirrel patrol.
He wants so badly to get to the squirrels he sees running around in the backyard
It starts with begging us to open the blinds [quoted image]
Then he goes nuts
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Bet he sleeps good after doing that for a little while! Talk about a high energy workout!

5 months later
#4118 4 years ago

Probably two or three years I would guess although I might be more productive if all I had to do was just focus on the work, not the inventory and organizing etc.
The stress of it being full is much better than the thought of it being empty though.

Meeting Chris when I dropped a machine to him for a customer I quickly realized he has everything down to a system. Once you get to that point in life it all makes sense. I am 65 years old and still trying to get to that point in my life.

The reason Chris gets so much done is because he is so well organized - both in his personal life and the way he approaches his business. The key to being productive is attitude & organization and Chris seems to have both. I agree with Chris about better full then empty. He knows he has enough work sitting there to make a living for the next two to three years. Even with a job most people can't say that.

Great job all the way around Chris. Keep up the good work. Others are learning a lot from you but one thing they might want to pay more attention to is why you get so much done in a day and then follow your example. I know I am trying to do just that.

#4123 4 years ago

After that even though I absolutely didn’t feel like it I managed to get my workout in for the day. It was the scheduled 5x5 day. Couldn’t have been on a worse day after wrestling all those games around but it requires consistency.

Chris,

This is exactly what I was talking about above. Most guys, including myself, would have figured moving all that stuff around in the warehouse was their workout for the day. That is what makes you so special - you don't cut corners just because you could. Also - you stepped up and organized your warehouse space right away instead of waiting to you needed to do it because of space. Being pro active is so very hard to do when you are in business for yourself.

Keep setting the great examples for the rest of us! I know I have learned a lot from you already and I am typically the one teaching people - not learning from them.

#4204 4 years ago

Your paint work looks like a guy with a little bit of experience! Being a guy that did a good many show cars "back in the day" it is always nice to look at stuff painted by a true professional. Most people don't have a clue how hard it is to lay down a perfect paint job. From what I have seen the only thing that surpasses your painting ability is your attention to detail. Keep up the great work Chris!

1 month later
#4746 4 years ago

Anyone who has never painted using automotive paint & has not tried to lay down a nice clear coat over something does not have a clue just how good Chris is at this. I am always in awe at just how good of a painter Chris is. But when you then realize his level of attention to detail, mechanical ability, and artistic ability I have yet to ever see anyone in this hobby even come close to what he does with these machines.

I know having a machine done by Chris isn't cheap but I am sure he could be making a hell of a lot more money doing custom paint work so you guys having Chris do machines for you just don't realize how lucky you are.

Chris - just keep up the great work. You know just how impressed I have been ever since we talked in person and your work never ceases to amaze me. Hopefully I'll have a chance to stop by and visit in person again sometime in the future but until then just keep doing what you are doing and you will continue to amaze most of us.

#4751 4 years ago

Thank you Skip. I really appreciate it. Often I feel like I should have went a different way with this stuff and stayed in the automotive side but the freedom and flat out coolness of pinball has been pretty rewarding over the years.

The nice thing about what you are doing is you can work from home. That is hard to do when painting cars or even motorcycles. Just that has plenty of perks but beyond that it is kind of a hobby turned business so as long as you love it why not keep doing it. I just hope your customers realize what a great job you do with these machines. The price point of doing things the way you do them eliminates a lot of people that don't really care anyway.

Keep amazing all of us! You give the guys trying to do it themselves plenty of inspiration and at the same time share just enough of the tricks of the trade for people to continue to learn from you. I know I'll never own one of your machines but I still enjoy seeing your post everyday. I am more of the "rat rod" type guy when it comes to pinball machines & like to see some bumps & bruises on them instead of a fully restored machine but I can still respect what it takes to bring a machine to the level HEP does.

But as I told you when we talked in person the thing that amazes me the most is how you have everything down to a nice easy system. Organization is one of the things you do better than most of us and the organized attack helps you accomplish more in a day than most of us can accomplish in a week. Totally amazing!

3 weeks later
#5048 4 years ago

Broke out the GI and grabbed my board.
Probably a bad combo.

Especially right next to that nice looking cabinet job!

#5050 4 years ago

Love It! I am a big Maverick fan. See ya in a couple weeks! -Skip-

#5102 4 years ago

I bet your other son loves days like this! See you in a few days. Enjoy your day off.

3 months later
#6065 4 years ago

To me the biggest reason to put labels & FRAGILE all over anything I ship is it shows my buyer I tried to get an item to him safely. I know shipper don't read that stuff but at least I did my best to let them know "glass inside" - "fragile" - "liquid" - etc. I only ship small stuff in little boxes but if I was shipping a HEP machine I would have those stickers on all 4 sides of it!

1 week later
#6136 4 years ago

The Spirit 3 apron has been way too much work but it needs the attention.
Using these various widths of fine line I painstakingly masked each line off one color at a time [quoted image][quoted image]
First blue then yellow. Took a couple hours.
[quoted image]

Anyone who has never done paint work can not even begin to imagine just how good you are or how much skill & work something like this takes. When I was younger I did street rods, muscle cars, and classic cars so I know how hard getting one strip can be. Doing all of them on something like an apron is INSANE. You did a FABULOUS JOB Chris!

#6138 4 years ago

Thanks Skip.
Aprons are one of my least favorite parts to deal with.
It’s nice when they are on good shape already or you can get a new one or well made decal set.
Had none of those options on this one unfortunately so it takes whatever it takes to get it up to par with the rest of the game.

Chris,

You work never ceases to amaze me. As I have told you both here on Pinside and when we have talked in person you are doing one hell of a nice job on these machines for people and the only thing that impresses me more than your work is your organization. Keep up the great work & the great post. I'll likely try to stop by and see you again next time we are headed South.

-Skip-

1 week later
#6232 4 years ago

Just a guess would be 300 or so.
Could be a little high or low but with roughly 2 games a month for 15 years it comes in around that.
I would probably only count the branded games as true HEP examples personally which is why I started marking them that way and that would likely cut it into less than half of the estimated 300.

For any of you guys not good at math that makes a HEP machine "more rare" then most machines ever produced! ADDED VALUE BECAUSE THEY ARE RARE - maybe not. Added value because they are beautiful - for sure! Keep up the great work Chris.

#6264 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Never sprayed with a sata always heard good things but not to cheap. Been running devilbiss for a long while. and some cheap harbor freight ones.

Back in the days I was doing street rods & muscle cars Devilbiss were always my primer guns and I always used Binks for my painting and clear coat. I remember the joy of getting a new gun and how nice they sprayed compared to guns with a few years on them. Rebuilding them was OK but there is just nothing like a totally new gun especially when laying down clear. Good guns have always been expensive but they were cheap compared to what a good drier cost. Moisture in the air line is your biggest villain so good equipment was a must.

Chris - Enjoy that new toy but remember to practice a little with it before doing anything you care about. I am sure you will but you know how it goes when changing from the old standby to something new. Once you have it dialed in I know you are going to love it!

#6268 4 years ago

Definitely. Playfields are good for dialing in a new gun. They are nice and flat and it is easy to get a feel and clearly see the wetting patterns the gun.
The nice thing about pinball compared to cars is the shapes are all pretty consistent.
When I used to do auto work it would be a big boxy G-wagen one hour and a curvy SL500 the next.
Dialing the new gun in for this purpose won’t be too bad.

The thing I always hated when doing cars was stuff like to door jams & dashboards on the earlier stuff with metal dashboards. You would be laying on your back trying to get around the bottom of the dash they have to get a nice flow all the way up and around the top without bumping anything you just finished. Unibody engine compartments during the late 1960's & early 1970's weren't any fun either and we did them in Imron which made it even worse.

A buddy of mine did the inside of army tanks for several years - I can't imagine how much fun that must have been! At least he didn't have to worry about a perfect finish or a run here & their!

You are right - painting flat is like child's play after doing some of the stuff you experience when doing bikes or cars.

#6273 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

You are making me want to paint something just to get that smell again! Fresh paint and rainbow colored buggers!

Much better than sandblasting that is for sure! I used a sandblaster for days on end when I was younger - getting street rod frames & parts nice and clean before we modified them and prepped them for paint. I still hate sand and although I loved the beach when I was a kid after all that sandblasting I hate going to the beach also. Two weeks and a dozen showers later you were still getting sand from somewhere?

Metal flake paint was "fun" also. Years later specks of flake would turn up here & their. I was doing this shit during the "disco era" and when I would show up at a club or bar people teased me about putting flake in my hair. They didn't realize it wasn't put their I just couldn't get rid of all of it no matter how hard I tried. "Young & dumb days" wearing no protection when sandblasting or painting other than a cheap respirator.

1 week later
#6341 4 years ago

Busy day.
Had lots of errands to run
Took stuff to the powdercoaters
Had to get some wood working type stuff for the wood rail but I did manage to prep and prime the Black Knight cabinet.
I am pretty sure when I paint it I will alter the colors a bit. I have done a few of these now so that is when I like to get a bit more creative if allowed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

People don't realize when you are "self employed" there is more to conducting business than just the business you are into. I know the "running around for errands" side of things all to well. So far this week that is all I have actually accomplished. A couple hours here and three hours their and next thing you know 10 or 12 hours is gone!

Have you had a chance to use that new gun yet? If so how do you like it?

-Skip-

#6343 4 years ago

Definitely! The worst thing is that for some reason that tends to drain me.
I can work day and night,workout etc no problem when I am in my own element but when I have to get out,deal with traffic,people products etc by the time I can finally get back to work I have lost my motivation
The new gun works great it sprays just like the old one did for the first 5 years so I am all set again.
For anyone curious. What happens on these guns if you use them daily or close to is as they wear over the years even if you take great care of it the fan pattern starts to degrade so what was once a nice full wetting fan from top to bottom becomes a bit more hallowed in the center.
It starts to show as drier zones or streakier applications despite no changes in your mechanics or application making it tougher to apply the finish the way you would like.
By the time you buy a new needle and air cap set plus a rebuild kit you start to approach the cost of a new gun and that is the cycle that you go through.

I always explained the "wear" to the pattern as being like water eroding the sides of a stream. Again unless you have worked with good equipment and worn it out people just can't wrap their head around it. Most people don't understand a volume of air over time will wear groves in the metal parts on a spray gun. And from my experience rebuilding them just never makes an old gun "new again" so replacing them every few years always seemed to be the best approach. Just part of the "cost of doing business" was the way I always looked at it.

Regardless of how good, or talented, you are it really all comes down to you are only as good as the equipment you use. Good equipment will not make a bad painter a good painter but bad equipment can make the best painter not such a good painter. Plus the frustration of knowing you could do a much better job if you weren't using "used up equipment". Laying down a great coat of clear is one of the hardest things to do but it becomes much easier when you are not fighting a bad pattern coming out of the nozzle of your gun! And laying down a nice finish saves a heck of a lot of sanding & buffing time also - time saved will pay for that new gun in no time.

Glad to hear it works like the old one did and you didn't have a huge learning curve because of a design change you didn't expect.

1 week later
#6447 4 years ago

Yeah. Mistakes are when it leaves like that.
Corrections are just part of the process. Some aren’t your fault others are.

Great way to put it! I mistake is only a mistake if you accept it as being OK. Otherwise it is just all part of doing anything custom or "over the top" nice. When something is "less than perfect" a "pro" knows how to solve the problem. The rest of us would just likely accept it and say "good enough". That is what makes a professional job a professional job.

#6461 4 years ago

Chris, I thought that Champ Pub was a decent looking machine when we had it in our collection (with the exception of the light rust on some of the metal stuff & insert issues) but it looks like a totally different machine than what I dropped off with you. I am sure the new owner will be proud to add that to his collection. Great job as always!

1 month later
#6870 3 years ago

Chris, That playfield looks insanely good now. I hated the lighter look and was wondering how you were going to address that. It is over the top nice now!

#6874 3 years ago

Woodrail playfield is cleared again.
Took a couple steps in the right direction.
I am probably going to sand it and age it one more time after this now that all the art is about where it should be. [quoted image]
Hard to explain how I got here but I started over there.There have been some compromises and I won’t ever be totally satisfied with it but I can at least feel like I am doing the best I can with what I have to work with and my own limitations
[quoted image]

Chris,

With the medium you are working with would it be possible to use one of the rubber woodgraining tools to create more woodgraining? I don't know if that is something you had already thought about but they actually do work well with some materials.

What you have accomplished already looks great but if you are looking for more of an "original look" maybe a woodgraining tool might be worth a shot?

1 week later
#6998 3 years ago

Thank you.
A lot of what I know or do comes naturally to me. It is really hard to teach. It is almost like a sense or feeling. Not saying that to sound like a puke but just honestly it has never been something I could explain I wish I could teach it because I would have more help and be more productive but it just isn’t like that for some reason.
Often I don’t even have a particular plan when I go into these I just get started and keep going with those senses and feelings until the game looks like what I have in mind or as close as I can come with my skill set and resources.

Chris, Most people don't understand this from my experience. Like you I am a "hands on guy" and a "Jack of all trades" and have basically been that way my entire life. My dad was a mechanic & my grandfather was a farmer so I grew up working with tools from the time I started walking and was always trying to learn all I could from people who worked with their hands.

I have two fantastic kids - both boys - and neither of them has a clue how to do anything mechanical. Over the years I tried to teach them as much as possible and they have both learned some basic skills. But neither has the GOD given mechanical ability I seem to have been born with. It is really hard to explain but you either "get it" or you don't. You can go to school to become a body man, mechanic, carpenter, etc but even 95% of people what have done that just don't have the "natural skills" some of us were born with.

There is basically nothing I can't fix or build and I am happy for that but I wish I had 10% of the artistic talent you have. I think the thing that impresses me the most about you is you "have it all" - not only are you a natural when it comes to that artistic ability you also have a great sense of mechanical stuff. Plus you know how to work within your limits. Having all of that makes you one in a million. Keep up the great work!

3 weeks later
#7200 3 years ago

Two of my favorite things about watching your post here are: You think "outside the box" and you are willing to "take risks". If I were a betting man I would venture to guess 4 hours labor (or more) into doing those legs (or over $200 or labor risked) on trying to do something different.

I think part of the issue with something like those legs is looking at the machine in person with that addition is going to be different than looking at pictures of the machine.

So in the end it really all depends on what the owner thinks but I love it. My only concern would be putting those painted leg bolts on - I know I would mess them up in the process even if I was super careful. Maybe a small bottle of touch up paint should go along with the machine just in case? Or at least some "spare" painted bolts if you still have the paint in your gun?

#7204 3 years ago

Thanks Skip
The bolts stand very little chance of surviving just one installation but were done for effect.

I was thinking the same thing because even with a nylon lined socket it would be hard not to have that paint chip or scuff. If it was "my project" I would install the legs, get them good and tight, then just touch them up and never move the machine again. Powder coat might work but the issue is you would never get a great match anyway so what would be the point.

Another idea might be chrome Allen bolts like would be used on car headers or stainless steel button head bolts getting the "footprint" of the head smaller?

3 weeks later
#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Machinery is a lot simpler. That's how i claim pinball machines.

Be careful what you post online! IRS loves guys that make it easy for them to catch. Just quietly do what you need to do to keep taxes as low as possible but don't advertise it on the web! Chris isn't making enough money to need write offs anyway - just kidding! But seriously he deserves any toys he buys -- he works plenty hard for plenty of hours and deserves a treat once in a while.

Be safe out there Chris - the way people drive these days I don't feel safe in anything but a truck! And at times I wish the truck was a tank instead!

#7393 3 years ago

I usually have the opposite problem.
My accountants seem to have little understanding of my business and it’s expenses so I tend to overpay.
It’s not their fault it is just hard for them to get.
For about two years I noticed my furniture and office fixtures kept growing in my fixed assets.
I had this line called cabinets and it was like $15k Or so at that time.
I asked WTH!
They said “it’s all those cabinets you keep buying. “
I said “they are PINBALL cabinets not furniture for the office!!!!!!!!“
Another thing I had an issue with was my Automotive Expenses.
The were listed as $30K or so one year.
I don’t have any auto expenses!
Again “I ask WTH!“
They tell me “Ohh that’s all the money spent at the auto supply place”
I say “that is where I get my paint to paint those cabinets!“
Running a business like this as legitimately as humanly possible is extremely tough sometimes.

I know the feeling! The first time we used a new accountant when filing or taxes for our online business she forgot to include our shipping expenses. I ended up overpaying by about $50k. Thankfully we were able to make adjustments the next couple years to fix it but 30% of my gross income is shipping so it was a crazy expensive mistake that one year.

1 week later
#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I had the same question Wally had, That was a very brave move but good to know it can be done.... I would have been like nope need to get new set of decals lol

There has never been any doubt in my mind that Chris is about as good as it gets when it comes to doing "finish work" with paint or paint related situations as well as being amazing with so many other things. Those of you luck enough to be able to afford his machines are truly getting work done by the best in the business. As I have said many times in the past I have a good bit of experience with auto body work and mechanical stuff and worked around the auto industry for most of the first 35 years of my life. So I realize just how good a guy like Chris is at what he does.

What I find most amazing about Chris is the fact he has attention to detail in every aspect of what he does. Most great painters I know don't do mechanical stuff or prep work - they just lay down paint. Most good mechanics I know couldn't paint a car to save their ass. And most guys who are good at mechanical stuff or body work couldn't run a business if their life depended on it. Chris seems to have mastered it all and in my eyes that is what sets him apart for the rest!

1 week later
#7550 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Going through some HEP withdrawals. Need to see some pinball beauty, grilled food, and beers! Hope everything is okay and that new wheeled workout contraption didn't malfunction!

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully everything is good their with that storm rolling through a couple days ago. Chris if you see this please at least let us know everything is OK.

3 weeks later
#7720 3 years ago

Chris, Kind of an "off the wall question" but how much trash do you generate each week. Between all the masking taping and painting plus everything else I would think you must create a good bit of garbage each week. I know back in my car repair days it was pretty crazy how much trash we would generate from week to week. Watching layer after layer of paint & clear being applied I hate to see your paper & tape bill each month!

#7722 3 years ago

In between the trashed cabinets,stencils,paper and tape it can be a good bit but it isn’t a daily event more of a monthly one.
One of the best parts of my warehouse is the dumpster and recycling that is included.

Chris, I envisioned a line of trash cans at the end of your driveway each week. Glad to hear dumpster saves your trash guys a little work. At least the stuff you are throwing away is just light & bulky for the most part anyway. Keep up the great work and keep those pictures coming.

7 months later
#9042 2 years ago

For most of us that are "self employed" it takes about 2 hours "behind the scenes work" for ever hour of work we are actually doing. People with "real jobs" don't realize what goes into being successfully self employed.

Chris takes things to a level that has amazed me for years. I have been self employed since I got out of college (over 40 years ago) and only wish I could be even 50% as organized as he is. A true master at work!

Typically talented people (artist type talent) are not super organized. Chris does it all - he is mechanically inclined, a true artist, an amazing painter, and has great business sense. You don't find people like him often!

4 months later
#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Voluntarily deactivated his account. The posting here finally caught up to him. Has to be a hell of a lot of time to post pics, comments and responses. I'm shocked he kept at it this long. Time lost is money lost as a sole proprietor.

Knowing people and knowing business I am sure for every question someone posted here Chris likely got between 5 and 10 PM's he had to answer also. Chris is a great guy and I am sure he had a "tough time" saying no to some of the stuff people "would ask of him". Then add the fact he is already crazy busy - parts are harder to source (due to changes since this Corona Virus mess) - and knowing the back log of project he had sitting I don't doubt he will be "gone" for a good long time.

Maybe he will post again here someday or maybe he is gone from Pinside forever. Which ever it turns out to be one thing is for sure -- over the years he has been a lot of help to a lot of people. Going forward I wish Chris nothing but the best. I know the service industry well and I am sure burn-out also played into his decision some. Without "dealing with" Pinside he can now focus on his family & his business and sometimes that is what you have to do. Sometimes it just takes a "little tweak" to get things back on track and other times it takes something more drastic. Whatever his reasons I am sure Chris just did what he had to do to keep things flowing smoothly.

#9928 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

All the guy said was he's taking a break? It's pretty clear everyone here respects him immensely, bordering on worship.
Personally I would never PM him unless I had my checkbook out.

I have dropped a couple machines with Chris over the years for customers and have also dropped some parts and stuff off to him. He is a class act all the way around and has built an amazing business & great business model over the years. However as I have said more than once on Pinside in the past -- when your in a customer service business for years and dealing with the public everyday it can get to be too much sometimes.

I will miss seeing his updates here on Pinside while he is gone (his post are typically the only reason I look at Pinside anymore). But I think he made a very "smart move" taking a break and refocusing his energy in other directions. I don't know if he will still be looking at peoples post here on Pinside but if he does I want to thank him again for everything. Keep up the great work Chris!

2 weeks later
#9939 2 years ago

Chris is an extremely smart guy and he knows he needs to keep changing with the times. Pinside was a great place for him to be over the past several years but he has so much work now he can afford to "take a break" from Pinside and try other avenues. Where things end up in the end is hard to say but I do know Chris is smart enough to do what is necessary and what is best for him.

Hard to believe what a business a simply auto body guy has built. It just proves if you are good at what you do you can basically name your price and still keep busy. Chris could likely charge a lot more than he does and still have plenty of work but he is the kind of guy who still wants to keep prices within reach as much as possible.

Like everyone else I miss my "daily fix" but I realize things change over time.

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

His last post was simply stated he was taking a break for a bit: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/199#post-6440191
He doesn't say why, he doesn't say he's moving everything to another platform, doesn't say he'll never be back, or anything else. Anything anyone states here as to the "why" is pure speculation (which I realize is kind of fun). While I in no way can speak for him, I do know he is a stand-up guy and I'm sure if he has plans of not returning and/or moving to another platform he would let all of his loyal Pinside followers know.

I agree 100% There is no doubt in my mind Chris will be back here on Pinside. The only question (only he can answer down the road) is to what extent.

With the backlog of work he has I am sure "taking a break" was the smartest thing to do for him. This way he can explore things like youtube -- still giving people who love to see him in action a place to go while still getting a break from Pinside. One thing 100% for sure is there is only one HEP and for him to keep doing his amazing work he needs to do all he can to avoid getting burned out.

3 months later
#10405 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Oh wow, flat, smooth & shiny!

To me it is just nice to see one with all the art on it. Soooooooooooooo many Silverball Mania machines are worn to the wood I forgot how nice a nice playfield could look.

1 week later
#10465 2 years ago
Quoted from AgentX:

Being a new subscriber to the thread, I hate to ask something that I could probably find the answer to by scrolling lazily through 210 pages of posts, but I will....
Are you building these new cabs yourself, or do you source them out to someone else? CNC?
Thanks! Great work, again!
-Kasey

Not only does he source them he also gets them from various sources from the way I am understanding things.

And if you read some of his post more often than not he still has to do a lot (or fair amount) of work to get everything right on them before he paints them.

As with anything else there is no perfect answer.

#10485 2 years ago

I am not sure which one I like better. I am leaning towards the black one but so many other machines are black I just don't know. I think it will be easier to decide as you progress.

#10502 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

Greetings everyone! I want to give Christopher Hutchins a big shout out on his professionalism, work ethic, and of course the fantastic work he does. He is the BEST pinball restorer in the world without a doubt. The pinball community is very blessed to have such a craftsman and perfectionist as Christopher!
This Silverball Mania was over a ten year project in the making it started out as a retirement project. So, I collected new items for the machine and also had lots of parts chromed. ( I will post the plating company the contact person is Mitch) After visiting Christopher’s web site and talking to him over the phone it was a no brainer to leave the restoration to a professional. ( Oh did I mention I have NEVER solder before? ) So, I packed up the SBM in the Honda Accord ( See Pic) and traveled ten hours one way to Christopher’s warehouse. Before, I get there I was rear ended while sitting at a stop light. I was sore but nothing major, thank God! The SBM was fine! Christopher and his son unloaded the SBM and picked it up like it was light as a feather. I returned home the same day driving twenty hours. I can now check that off on my bucket list! The SBM will become a heirloom in my family for many generations to enjoy!

You are not too far from me here in Central PA. Glad to see that machine end up here in Central PA instead of someplace like Dhabi but in all honesty it looks like it belongs to someone from Dhabi. What a work of beauty and that chrome work is amazing. I hate to think what just the chrome work on that machine cost let alone the full project price tag. But regardless what it cost it was worth it.

1 month later
#10616 2 years ago

Chris,

As you know from our various conversations like many others I am "over the top impressed" by everything you do. The quality of your work is second to none but your business aptitude and organizational skills are just as impressive as your work. Then add the fact that you keep this tread positive regardless of the conversation and the fact you are willing to share your knowledge & abilities with others and this thread is by far the best thing on Pinside.

Even though we "walked away from the hobby" a couple years ago and I am really not actively doing much with pinball machines or the hobby I still check in to see what you have posted pretty much everyday.

Keep the post coming when you have the time. Regardless of what you are doing or posting I know there are a good many of us that really enjoy them.

THANKS for everything!
Skip

3 weeks later
#10756 2 years ago

I use a matting agent. It’s a milky looking paste like substance that you add to the clearcoat.
These are brand specific to paint lines and only compatible with certain products so there isn’t really a go to or recommendation I could make.
The more you add the flatter or lower the gloss.
50/50 is pretty much the starting point for a low gloss with a nice sheen.
I typically go 60/40 to 70/30 for most pinball cabinets with the higher number being the gloss lower the matte agent.
The alternate Tommy was done in 80/20 as was the MX frame so while they do look almost full gloss they are actually not quite.
How many coats and how heavy will also play a factor there is an absolute art to it just as much as when you are spraying colors.

Most guys who follow this thread have no idea just how hard some of the painting techniques Chris uses actually are. Unless you have sprayed pearl, metallic (with a clear or semi clear base), iridescent, or other specialized paints you can't begin to imagine how hard it is to get a perfect paint job. I have never used a matte agent but I have worked with just about anything else you can think of when it comes to paint over the years and I can tell you from experience the level of Chris's work is in the top 1/10 of a percent of painters you will find. And that by itself is pretty impressive. But when you realize the paint work is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the stuff Chris does on these machines his talent is second to none.

As I have said in other post I am just totally amazed at the varied talents Chris has but what is even more amazing is he is willing to share so much with everyone here while still trying to keep the bills paid. Chris again I have to say you are one in a million. And I can't thank you enough for all your post here on Pinside.

And anyone who thinks they know how to paint if you really want to test you abilities try painting a tube bike frame without messing something up! The only thing I ever found any harder was doing dash paint work on the old metal dashboards on some of the street rods I built years ago. (Not the dashboards you could pull out and paint but the ones you had to paint with them in the car while standing on your head!)

Keep it coming Chris! Looking at your post is one of my favorite parts on my day.

#10776 2 years ago

Thank you Skip. I really am humbled.
The things I share here are just a reality of what I am up to or thinking about on a daily basis.
For the last twenty years I have never been hesitant to show or explain anything I do. It has no doubt enabled many.
There is something I selfishly already know about the most important aspects of it.
That is that no matter how much I show or explain it’s not easy to do and much harder to perfect. That comes with a combination of natural ability and years of experience across many different trades combined with applying all that just to pinball repetitively. Many attempt and even provide a version of it but it always a lesser version for that reason. The most important piece of equipment in the shop is me. That’s what makes this exclusive I am not saying that to be arrogant or a puke it’s just an honest evaluation and it doesn’t mean anything more or less than that.
I have truly been turning wrenches since I was four and spraying paint since I was probably six.
My dad would take me to work set me in his stall on a creeper and give me a bumper to take apart. I would wander around the shop play with the welding rods,wrestle with the chains on the frame machine and probably get on the guys in the paint shops nerves when they were trying to work.
I gave up the lifestyle of a high end painter on commission almost 20 years ago because no matter how lucrative it was it always seemed fragile and not within my control.
When people wonder why I choose to do this instead its because of that. It’s more reasonably within my control. As much as anything can be.
A huge plus above and beyond all else is that it has been a source of pleasure and entertainment for others. I feel often as though I am creating things that will endure long after I am gone even if it’s just a pinball machine.

Chris,

It is so interesting to me how much we have in common. My dad was the head mechanic at the third largest Mopar dealership in the US when I was a kid and he also had his own shop on the side. From the time I could walk I basically lived in the garage with my dad at night. When I was too young to work on cars he had me cleaning parts for him and sorting out "junk hardware" and other stuff he would salvage from his day job. I was driving by the time I was eight and by the time I was ten I could back a trailer pretty much anywhere you need to put one, (That was one of the perks of living on a farm). By the time I was in middle school I could tear down small engines and rebuild them and I was building mini bikes and go carts from junk my grandfather had laying around his farm.

Then when I was thirteen my dad and I started a small business together buying wrecked cars and rebuilding them. I quickly had to learn how to paint with an old Binks Model 7 spray gun he had (and I still have that old gun today). After college I opened my own shop but after about 10 years of doing that I had enough and changed directions. (I was burned out on the repair business by the time I was around 32 years old).

Instead of doing what you did and getting into something like pinball restoration I totally walked away from something I had done for around 25 years and got into the landscaping business. I still built & painted all of our trucks & equipment but my days of turning wrenches for a living were behind me. I do miss that end of things at times but doing that stuff for over 20 years I learned enough to know just how few really talented people there are with a spray gun. Since I was more of a mechanic than a painter I hired one of the best painters in our area to do all of my street rod & muscle car paint work. But most guys I have ever worked with were specialist in their area and not good at much else.

That is what truly sets you apart. It seems you have it all together in so many directions. As I have told you when we talked in person the thing that always impresses me the most is how organized you are. (Most mechanics & body-men I have ever known were slobs.) So right off that bat that impressed me about you. Then add your painting ability (which is second to none) and the fact you can resolve any issue you get yourself into with both woodworking and mechanics is equally impressive. But on top of that you have a great ability to relate to customers & are excellent at getting the high end customers who are willing to pay what it takes to get something done right and a combination of all of the above truly makes you one in a million.

When I though I couldn't be any more impressed you did something else a few weeks ago. Realizing you were burning out on doing nothing but pinball machines for years you started doing those "pit-bikes" as a diversion which in my mind was genius. It gives you the break for doing pinball machines day after day yet it also gives you yet another avenue to show off your talents.

As I have said very often in the past - you have just amazed me in so many ways ever since I discovered your work with pinball machines that I can't stop watching & learning from you. You are a true inspiration to not only me but to dozens (if not hundreds) of people who follow you here on Pinside. I wish you all the best for years to come and hope to see you teaching us "old dogs" new tricks for many years. THANKS for everything! Skip

1 week later
#10818 2 years ago

Yeah. I don’t really have a problem with reproduction parts for the most part. NOS is normally king if possible but not always. For example NOS WPC-95 playfields are more prone to insert ghosting.
I would take a repro System 11 playfield over a NOS as well they too have insert and adhesion problems.
It’s very hard to break down what is or is not best or most desirable at times. It’s on such a case by case basis.
When I point out color differences or things like that it’s more of an acknowledgment than a criticism. Often others will note and criticize it as if there are other options. You need what you need and can get what you can get.
New and sometimes slightly off is much better than broken and worn out.
As tech evolves some things improve others do not but just having the options when in need is the biggest improvement.

Kind of like the "Serenity Prayer"

"To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference"

The only thing we can control is what is in our power to change. What is outside of our control we basically have to accept and move on.

However, With all the technology today it is sometimes hard to accept some of the "junk" being produced and that adds to the frustration when trying to do things the best way humanly possible.

1 week later
#10890 1 year ago

Chris,

You are starting to "worry me" - your weekend "bike projects" and now sneaking into Friday!

Just kidding!

Looks great as always!

2 weeks later
#10982 1 year ago

Now today it’s Marshall’s birthday. 22 years old for this guy. Still happy with SpongeBob cakes and a trip to the movies etc.
In the past on some of his birthdays I would feel a bit down on all the things it seems he is missing out on but these days I just kind of see the joy in it for him to essentially be forever young.

Chris,

Glad you have "come around" to that way of thinking. In the end with the world the way it is today I think Marshall is one of the "lucky ones" and the rest of us are just waiting for the "what can go wrong next".

Your post always inspire me but your post today really got me thinking about "kids" like Marshall and how they are truly blessed in a lot of ways.

Keep up the great work on all fronts!

-Skip-

1 week later
#11054 1 year ago

That is Ford Grabber blue. Code is CI

Every time I think I have everything I need I find myself needing “just one more thing”

Kind of like the old saying "A 15 minute project is only one broken bolt away from being a three day ordeal". And regardless of how hard you try there always seems to be "that little something missing" or one little wrong part that slows things down.

Thankfully these days - with so much available online and fairly fast shipping - in most cases it isn't as bad as it was 40 years ago. Back when I was doing restorations (before the internet) your best hope sometimes was the next big car show (sometimes several months away).

2 weeks later
#11158 1 year ago

Chris,

As with everything you do that Yamaha looks GREAT!

I think that muffler guard has to stay. I love just that little bit of accent chrome with all the rest of the black on the bike.

THANK GOD you got that yellow off the seat. The blue letters look perfect!

1 month later
#11269 1 year ago

Low production day ahead.
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you own a house it seems like there is always something that needs to get done. But the roof is the most important thing on the outside of a house so it is always nice to have a fresh one you don't have to worry about. Sadly they can be a PITA as far as disrupt they cause when getting them replaced but thankfully that only happens every 25 or 30 years.

1 week later
#11302 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I guess the original designers were only thinking about getting something built that would work for a few years, make some money, then be trashed. They probably never would have thought that decades later people would be putting these in their homes, playing them, and keeping them going by servicing as needed. So they just soldered everything together and didn't worry about building modularity into it for easy servicing.
Like the old EMs, every time I need to work on a score reel I daydream about how nice it would be to be able to unplug it from the harness and pull it out and work on it on the bench. It would be so nice and easy to do a good rebuild. The problem is, if you go to all the trouble to cut the wires and add a connector so you could do that, then after you get it nicely rebuilt the damn thing would probably work perfectly for 40 more years. The mechanical design is pretty robust for most of those assemblies. So its not worth the work to connector-ize it. Sure would be nice though. I always enjoy seeing the wiring and the Molex connectors in these HEP builds.

In the end it to a manufacturer it is always about making things as cheaply as possible - NOT about making things easier to service. Chris goes "the extra mile" and puts $50 to $100 worth of connectors into each machine to make things "better than new". This is a huge improvement over the factory design HOWEVER some "purest" would argue you are doing something that should not be done. A HEP machine isn't a "restored original" a HEP machine is a machine taken to a level way beyond the original and is an art form not a restoration. What always amazes me when looking at what Chris does is how he has thought out each step of the process and has improved machines well beyond what they originally were. It just doesn't get any better than a HEP pinball machine - I just wish I had the extra cash to be able to own one!

1 month later
#11561 1 year ago

I actually use automotive primers ,paints and clearcoats.

I don’t worry about trade secrets or competition. Anyone that wants these headaches can have them

Chris,

Great way to "sum things up" - no one wants to work as hard as guys like us do so competition was never something I worried about with anything I was ever involved with either. Working 70 or 80 hours most weeks isn't for everyone that is for sure!

It has been a while so I figured I would say hello again and take a look at some of your latest work at the same time. Looks like SSDD for you the past few months also. Your new fence looks great. Nice to see you taking a little time for something other than pinball restoration. Keep up the great work!

2 weeks later
#11604 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

It highlights low spots when you sand it.

Exactly! Chris does it the right way - years ago we did the same thing on cars using two different color gray primers. Spray down the surface with the guidecoat then use a long board and sand to see if you have any low spots or waviness to fill before final coat of paint or re-priming.

What I find amazing is that Chris goes to this level on a pinball cabinet. Typically 99.5% of people wouldn't even think to do it let alone doing it on every cabinet regardless of final paint color (or if decals are being applied over the paint). Chris's work is second to none in my opinion!

5 months later
#12104 1 year ago

That’s heavy beast there.
I couldn’t stand leaving my cabinet alone.
Spent hours sanding all the spilled paint off of it.
I had a bunch of industrial enamel in safety orange on hand so I put it to use. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris, Somehow I knew that was going to happen. Knowing you I knew after fixing that room up that unpainted cabinet wasn't going to last long. Looking good!

2 weeks later
#12156 1 year ago

I put most assemblies and coils on plugs with insulation.
My reasons for doing it are to be able to neatly map out my wiring harnesses and to easily swap and or service anything that pops up along the way be it here or at the owners home.
A drip of solder in the wrong spot will cause more headaches than a failed connector.
People can debate it but it works perfectly for me.

Bottom line is connectors cost money and companies making a product want to keep production cost as cheap as possible. So argue it all you want but the reason most companies don't use more connectors is because of cost and nothing else. Connectors can fail but it just doesn't happen all that often so I agree with Chris on this 100%.

It would be different if we were talking about the underside of a vehicle or a boat but HEP pins are not going to be exposed to the weather which is what causes most connectors to fail. No one spending $10,000 to $20,000 on a pinball machine is going to leave it somewhere that connectors would get moisture into them, salt air into them, etc.

Also if you are spending the money it cost to have Chris do a machine for you I am sure if you do have an issue with that machine you want to be able to fix it as easy as possible and adding connectors makes a huge difference in how long you are "under the hood" for repairs.

Keep up the great work Chris!

9 months later
#13675 3 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Chris, if you just stop taking playfields, a large part of the hobby will shit. What I recommend may or may not suit you but here I go anyway. Find someone who is a perfectionist like you or close to you and train them to do what you do. Pay them a salary with the understanding that you will sell them the business for a predetermined amount to cover the cost of the training. Just a thought you might consider.

Several issues with that idea. First off no one wants to work hard these days and what Chris is doing is a hell of a lot of work with long hours. Second - it takes thousands of dollars in supplies and even more money in equipment to do what Chris is doing and most people don't have (or want) to spend that kind of up front money to work. And most importantly finding someone will the skill set to even learn what Chris is doing would be nearly impossible. (First off you need to be an artist, second you need to be a painter, then you need to understand electronics and also mechanical repair. But most importantly you need to know how to work in a super productive manor and be extremely well organized.) Guys like that are pretty much impossible to find!

You might find someone interested in learning but you will never find someone you can train to be the best in the business. It takes way to many various talents to do what Chris does and it has taken him nearly 20 years to get to the level of work he is doing now. So training someone just isn't going to work even if he wanted to put the effort into doing that.

#13720 3 months ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Looks like a “year round” village to me.

I was just thinking the exact same thing

3 months later
#14497 3 hours ago

I have been self employed since I graduated from college. I never had a 6 figure job but I turned down some pretty insane offers over the years to continue being self employed. I'll be 70 in a couple weeks and I will never be wealthy but I have enjoyed ever day on this earth and if I had to do it over again I wouldn't think twice. Life is about more than money and if you are doing what you love you never are really having to "go to work".

I should have been retired several years ago but I am still working 60 or 70 hours a week. Not because I have to but because I love what I am doing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.