IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1169 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11969 1 year ago

Incredible work as always Chris.

Most people don't realize how much work it actually takes to do over the cabinets, repair them and paint everything up perfectly like that. It's a ton of work, and you're always on point brother.

Best restorer in the biz.

Thanks for sharing your work brother and have a good weekend.

#11980 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Those floors look amazing! Seeing windows that low seem odd to me though.

Those are called, floor to ceiling windows. They're nice because they let in tons more light and fresh air when you open them.

Don't worry, they have child safety locks to prevent kids from opening them up and falling out somehow.

Love those floors too. Hardwoods with an area rug to protect the high traffic areas of the floors is the best combo.

2 weeks later
#12021 1 year ago

Just use what I use for your outlets. Picture attached below.

They come in a 5 pack for $25. You use the remote to turn each of them on and off. You assign each outlet to a button on the remote. That way you're only turning the one you want on and off and not them all. You can also assign multiple plugs to 1 remote button so those will activate at the same time.

I use them for all my indoor & outdoor Christmas lights. Sure beats having to go outside to turn things on and off in the freezing cold or having to use those pain in the butt timers.

For my entire Christmas display I use 1 remote (I label the back of the remotes. Pic added below) and 5 different outlet controler plugs.

With them, I can turn on the indoor Christmas tree (one), The Lionel under the tree (two), all the animated carolers in our Christmas caroler village (four, labelled "Dolls") and all the lighted and animated Hallmark ornaments on our fireplace mantle (four) for our inside stuff. Then, 1 plug works all the decorations outside. It's so easy and convenient.

Also, I use one in my GnR LE to turn on and off all the things I have plugged into an outlet strip that utilizes the service outlet plug.

I also use them for each of my subwoofers underneath my pins as well. It's so simple to turn on and off with the remote without having to crawl under the machine to switch them on and off manually.

So these may be an excellent choice for plug safety and remote on/off capabilities for some of you.

Back on topic...

That Pinball Magic is drool worthy Chris. Heck of a job! And I love the black legs with the purple painted bolt heads. That really pops and makes for an awesome contast.

The playfields are so beautiful and deep, that the lights reflecting off them look like they're melting. LOVE IT!

20230202_110235 (resized).jpg20230202_110235 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_233550_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_233550_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#12022 1 year ago

The comments about getting hit from electricity literally make me shake. I can totally sympathize with you guys and it's definitely no fun.

As a professional painter and wallpaperer my whole life, I have trimmed around thousands of electrical outlets and switches of all kinds, types, shapes and sizes. You don't turn off the electricity when doing this. I've hit them with the razor blade trimming the paper in around them and got zapped more times than I can count. Easily over 50 times. Each time is a truly awful feeling that I can't even explain properly, but vividly recall the way it feels.

There were a few times we got zapped while stripping wallpaper off walls too.

While wetting the walls with a sprayer to strip off the wallpaper, the entire wall became electrified! You touched the wet wall and got zapped! Turns out, there were some exposed wires inside the wall because some mice had chewed through the cloth material. Yes, these were old houses with the old cloth type wire you'd find in an EM pin. The live wires became exposed and were touching the back side of the plaster and lit the wall up right through the plaster when we wet it. Insane!

Then, when I was in my early 20s, I was replacing the heater element in my electric dryer and forgot to unplug it after testing various things in it. OMW! I touched the heater element electrode and got hit so hard with a jolt of electricity, it literally made me lose my breath. I was panting after it had finally let me go and was literally trembling inside. It held me there that long. That was no joke. Also gave new meaning to the lyrics in Bobby Borris Pickets Monster Mash song when he sings, "to get a jolt, from my electrode"

#BadMemories Lol

#12028 1 year ago

Came out gorgeous Chris. Pinball eye candy.

1 week later
#12083 1 year ago

Shadow came out awesome Chris. Heck of a job as always, brother.

Watched your TOTAN video with that (idk what color) green powdercoat and the Radcals to cover up all the crap underneath it. What a nightmare. That's why I stray away from buying pins where people have already redecaled them.

As a professional painter, I know what it takes to properly prep and do everything necessary to make the wood perfect for a new decal set. I highly doubt most of the people doing their cabinets over actually know what they're doing. They're just slapping decals on as best they can to cover up a world of mess and sin. I'd rather just do them myself. That way I know they're done right.

Anyway... Great job again Chris.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.