31%
  • Blacked out 54 votes
    48%
  • Painted Gold matched to cabinet 24 votes
    21%

(113 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10,571 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D8EFFD41-7C7C-449C-947E-22422B5A2AD2 (resized).jpeg
F44A383C-225F-4C75-A9BE-167FC90CF8F0 (resized).jpeg
FC70E5B9-7381-44A8-B15C-5A76EAC9305A (resized).jpeg
B11A8CB0-D4D9-4C3B-A38A-A6C9CD358697 (resized).jpeg
D5C39334-C580-4732-87A0-25A5716AD9EE (resized).jpeg
6361ACF7-B5F7-44C4-89BE-2FE37F75086C (resized).jpeg
4961A760-34A2-424A-A966-839A42683F36 (resized).jpeg
A3FD5824-E610-4DF2-976E-C99D62C32919 (resized).jpeg
E19D4A5C-C66C-49BE-B7B4-3D820F66EA67 (resized).jpeg
59D6FA29-CF5B-409F-98D1-FAEC3B351E82 (resized).jpeg
8A8746D2-24BA-4773-AAD7-73B0246A158E (resized).jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #621 Grand Prix completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #726 Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #826 Tommy completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1228 Addams Family completed Posted by High_End_Pins (12 months ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (12 months ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (11 months ago)

Post #1485 Special Eight Ball Deluxe completed Posted by High_End_Pins (11 months ago)

Post #1519 Comparing original to CPR Addams Family repro playfield Posted by High_End_Pins (11 months ago)

Post #1823 Addams Family (w/purple topper) completed Posted by High_End_Pins (10 months ago)

Post #2073 Comparison between prototype and production Whirlwind Posted by High_End_Pins (10 months ago)

Post #2120 Eight Ball Deluxe completed Posted by High_End_Pins (9 months ago)

Post #2183 Tip Time with Chris - Sanding and polishing playfield process Posted by High_End_Pins (9 months ago)

Post #2212 Tip Time with Chris - T-Nut installation Posted by High_End_Pins (9 months ago)

Post #2414 Dr. Who completed Posted by High_End_Pins (9 months ago)

Post #2802 Simpsons Pinball Party completed Posted by High_End_Pins (8 months ago)

Post #2888 Special Whirlwind completed Posted by High_End_Pins (8 months ago)

Post #3007 Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure (gold trim) completed Posted by High_End_Pins (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 1 year ago

That Alien cabinet could have been half the weight and twice as strong.

1 month later
#700 1 year ago

When your trying to sand the clear to get rid of edges, there's a fine line (see what I did there) between sanding too much and taking paint off, or sanding too little and not getting rid of the edges. I guess it's just experience? Take that letter 'B' for instance, that's from sanding, I assume. I'm also assuming that you save the paint so you can touch that up. But doesn't touching up that red create as bump with the paint that will show up through the next layer of clear?

1 month later
1 month later
#1988 10 months ago

If you don't mind sharing, how do you clean the powder from the cabinet before you clear it again?

1 week later
#2114 10 months ago

Where else can you get restoration tips, cooking tips, beer tips, exercising tips!! Happy Birthday Curtis!

1 week later
#2298 9 months ago

I'm curious how you get the playfields in & out without scratching the sides? Kids? Hoist? Brute strength? I've been using these game blade protectors to protect the sides, works pretty good but curious how you do it.....

cab_pro-1_211x300 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2852 8 months ago

Do you find the bead blaster handy? Is that for nasty metal or do you use it for other things?

#2868 8 months ago

Ahh thumblers tumblers! Nice and quiet! 10,18 or 45?

#2871 8 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

18, Thumlers is the only way to go. I love mine.

Definitely pricey though. My dillon cv-2001 crapped out after many years so I tried the thumlers uv18 because I hoped they were quieter, they definitely are but not as big as the dillon. Not sure of they perform any better but time will tell, just got it. I'm splurging for the UV 45, hoping I can do bigger parts in it. Wish I had a bead blaster like Chris but haven't figured out what they work best on.

3 weeks later
#3050 7 months ago

Call me Maverick, you can use my computer!

#3073 7 months ago

The hell with the playfields and cabinets, I want to see pics of horny time!!

2 weeks later
#3202 6 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

You are going to have to start a, How to live like HEP thread!!!

He can start a new thread, High Energy Pinball

#3216 6 months ago

Remember to always paint the tops and bottoms of doors. Steel doors need it less that all wood doors but still a good idea. Keeps moisture from rotting out the bottom prematurely, and easier to dust the tops of the doors. On wood doors it helps with expansion and contraction due to temperature change.

1 month later
#3557 5 months ago

NOW I finally understand how you get that crisp clean line at the bevel at the bottom of the cabinet! I'm fascinated by the sanding method you use for trimming decals, never even heard of this method. But I'm curious, you do the sides and then the front, no problem there, but when you sand the front, you don't have a problem with the sides wanting to peel off? I'll assume you do it at a certain angle so it's not an issue.

3 weeks later
#3811 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Chris, what's your preference for dealing with the rubber boot on prop rods? It's usually chewed up and worn away. The different liquid rubber products out there I don't know if they actually would get the same elastic feel and thickness as the factory pieces..

Spoke to Terry at Pinball Life and he had the yellow boots made for the lockdown receivers but he said he had no plans on making them for the prop rod, says you have to make too many and it wasn't a big seller. I tried dipping a few but the cans don't last once you open them so unless you do a bunch at a time it's not practical.

2 months later
#4889 58 days ago

I don't want to talk for Chris but I think I've become familiar with his methodology from reading his threads. Chris doesn't have unlimited space for equipment so I assume he picks and chooses what equipment to invest in wisely. Plus he stated a few times that his skill set is not in computer graphics, cad, programing a cnc machine etc. I have a feeling he can make those ramp flaps pretty quickly and accurately out of stainless and doesn't use the blue steel anyway.

#4973 53 days ago

Not bad Grampa, not bad! Any tips on buffing a playfield without overheating the inserts? I know you prefer the wool pad over foam because I pay close attention to your posts. I also think you use Meguiars 105, but I'm looking for some pointers on your method if possible.

#5009 48 days ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Same here. A good listen.

Ditto! I was hoping the interview with Chris was the whole 2 hours! If I was interviewing him it would have been! Thanks for taking the time Chris!

#5087 43 days ago

Excellent alignment! That's what makes a huge difference in the final product! Do you always put the front on first or just sometimes when you have to align the corners? Did you know in advance the right side would line up or just did the left side and assumed it would line up? One of my favorite tips I picked up from reading your posts is sanding the edges, makes a much much better job than I was ever able to achieve with a razor blade.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside