IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1169 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kornfreak28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7460 3 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

No real favorites anymore.
Games I am not usually eager to deal with but gladly do are
Safecracker for WPC-95
BSD for WPC
Medusa for Bally SS
System 80 All!

Interesting! Why is BSD on that list if you don’t mind me asking?

#7464 3 years ago

It isn’t a hard game to restore so much in a nuts and bolts sense but the way it both disassembles and reassembles , the ramps and on the back end the common problems the game faces like mist multi ball issues even when properly rebuilt make it a tougher game to get any rhythm with from a service standpoint.

For some odd reason I just knew the word ‘mist’ would be included in your response

#7494 3 years ago

Yes that worked very well if you don’t mind a glossy finish.spending an extra hour or two and cleaning up compound.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is what I call going above and beyond! Wow!

2 weeks later
#7601 3 years ago

IJ MB playfield.
The Kornfreak planes were great. Very well packed and thoroughly explained.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome job Chris! That IJ looks stunning! Thank you for incorporating my planes in your incredible restoration!

2 years later
#12517 10 months ago

I appreciate that. It’s meant to be a marking of undeniable and easily identifiable proof that the game has passed through here so it’s not advised to skip it but always optional.

Just curious: Do you also brand the cabinet?

3 months later
#13367 6 months ago

Been too busy to make videos but Doctor Who is coming together.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sometimes I wonder how you are able to restore all those machines in record time AND keep up with this thread at the same time! Let alone record videos!!! You’re a machine!

1 month later
#13502 5 months ago

TAF/TAFG playfields are tougher to deal with in the cabinet especially towards the top so I am going to build it up in that area before placing it in the cabinet.
I have it safely resting in position.
Checking the lamps before proceeding.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#14095 59 days ago

Chris,

Great work on the Rocky playfield! Just amazing!

Question:

I assume each time to cut out the frisket film to paint a certain area, you then pull the film out completely and place fresh film and continue cutting out other areas that need painting.

How does the paint in the freshly painted areas doesn’t peel off every time you apply and remove the frisket film for all the areas that need paint?

Unless the film is gentle enough to not peel fresh paint off, I was thinking applying clear to the freshly painted areas to set the colors down would guarantee no paint peeling but I doubt that would be practical…..

#14099 59 days ago

The paint I use is very strong solvent based so with the proper prep and mixtures it etches into the surface so taping on and over is no problem.
All things get cleared in total not sections. Usually after a few colors are done.
Then cleared sanded and the process starts again until everything is in order then a final sand and clear followed by a final sand and polish.
When doing this type of restoration it’s not about the art it is as simple as focusing on colors and shapes. Doing that ultimately restores the art.

Thank you for explaining that and congratulations again! That Rocky playfield looks fantastic!

2 weeks later
#14262 41 days ago

Rocky cabinet. Unmasked and ready to assemble
Big thanks to Jeff the Pinball Pimp Miller for making the stencils for me not only in general but in a time crunch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris,

How long do you let the clear cure before you start assembling it? Thanks!

#14269 40 days ago

Have to touch the paper or surroundings not the item
I am working through my Rocky apron. These things are tough to deal with even with stencils the alignment makes for trial and error with some throw aways.
Like my total chaos apron it’s a work in progress but I need to stop here until I can sand and revisit it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Both the cabinet and the apron look stunning!

#14272 40 days ago

What says you?
Stainless or black side rail screws?
I usually can pick easily and wouldn’t even think black but I like the way it pulls all the colors of the cabinet into the rail. Also thinks it breaks it up a bit so they look more purposeful but I am asking you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Black!

#14281 40 days ago

Black matches Rocky’s gloves and hair. Stainless just looks odd to me in that yellow cabinet for some reason…..

1 week later
#14415 30 days ago

I think what I need to do is make a rants section I definitely plan on figuring out a way to share my unfiltered thoughts on there without tainting the projects themselves.

That would be wonderful! I really enjoyed seeing that video! Shines a light on all the BS you have to put up with on some of these restorations! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 9.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kornfreak28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=kornfreak28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.