IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0034 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

208 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1105 5 years ago

Your level of patience is unreal. I would have been sick of painting that EBD cabinet long ago. At this point it would be giving me nightmares.

1 month later
#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Cholesterol looks fine. That phone battery on the other hand is unhealthily low.

LOL.. had to look back at that one. Very unhealthy on that battery

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Question?
Do you ever drink any beer that you can see thru?

Does not sound like beer at all.

1 week later
#1895 5 years ago

Paint is ridiculously expensive. I picked up some black from Napa and was surprised by the cost, I bet it went up 4x (or more) since the last paint I bought 15-20 years ago. And back then I used fancy pearls and such from House of Kolor, this was just Martin S. black. I'd have to guess what it would cost to paint a car nowadays.

3 weeks later
#2348 5 years ago

What is your process for "tightening up"?

#2394 5 years ago

Connecticut style... That's there warm with butter version? That's the best, IMO. Hard to get it that way on our travels to Maine a few years ago.

#2398 5 years ago

I think that I want to be at HEP's place for the Superbowl.

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from Green_Demon:

Another idea...
[quoted image]

I puked just a bit when looking at that.

#2437 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

hey HEP'S last post was 22 hrs ago.......is he on vacation today?

All the coin door color talk drove him away from the hobby.

2 weeks later
#2642 5 years ago

Holy crap.... Someone send a search party for HEP, the national guard... Something.

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Did he ask anyone here if he could go on vacation?

I got no vacation notice.

Send in the Guard!

1 week later
#2764 5 years ago

Everyone is all gitty about these TSPP decals... I cannot say that I agree. Not a fan of that dark black for the shadows, seems like someone rattle canned the shadows. I like to resolution compared to the dotted originals but I'm just not as hyped about them as everyone else seems to be.

#2767 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The shadows look well done to me I can easily see through them even the black lines.
I just haven’t taken too many direct pictures yet because I try to do that at the end
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a little better but I'm still not overly impressed like others. Too dark on the shadows. Blends in too much on the cat's tail. Probably look better with a touch of purple instead of so much black. Shadows should always have purple, IMHO.

1 week later
#2831 5 years ago

What do you use for sanding? I assume it is by hand? What is the pad size? Grit?

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I assume it is by hand?
Ohh god, what a nightmare that would be. He has covered it previously in if not this thread, definitely in others. He has a Festool rig he uses and it involves many different grits depending on what you are trying to accomplish and from what starting point you are at.

I think that is for cabinet prep... Not this final block sanding step. I used to have a 2-3' sanding pad for doing car bodies, I'm guessing that he has something like that.

1 week later
#2939 5 years ago

Chris,

How do you handle the paint edges when doing stencils like this? Do you just keep building then up then burry them in clear? Keeping each layer at a min thickness probably helps too.

1 month later
#3193 4 years ago

Awesome for Marshall!!!

2 weeks later
#3300 4 years ago

I have that same coffee maker.

1 week later
#3397 4 years ago

No kidding that is the worst lockdown bar. How the heck did that get to a customer?

1 month later
#3825 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I do exactly the same, except I have a 2 inch thick foam insulation 4x8 I use for plywood cuts with a circular saw. Works great!

I also have a 2" foam board for cutting plywood... never thought about snapping it into quarters for easier storage. I like the idea as I'm always moving a ton of stuff to get to it when I need it.

#3900 4 years ago

Terrible... Terrible... so many white dots.

Thanks for the efforts and explanations.

3 weeks later
#4285 4 years ago

WOW.

Very nice!!!

9 months later
#6777 3 years ago

Chris,

It often looks like you fully tape and paint a cabinet after painting with stencils to "tighten up" and fix some of the break thru colors. Would it be possible to clear a cabinet and do this on top of the original artwork instead of stenciling? Assuming the cabinet was not beat to crap, that is.

1 month later
#7225 3 years ago

Dang... that cheesecake looks great.

3 weeks later
#7413 3 years ago

Awesome HS. That looks like more gloss that HEP usually does.

2 months later
#7880 3 years ago

Super cool to have this memorabilia!

1 year later
#10321 2 years ago

Chris,

Any idea why most of your gallery looks like the attached pic? I pulled this from one of your links, although the page that you linked to (6) was fine this page looks like what I see most of the time that I look thru your gallery now.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10350 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I wanted to give an update on this gallery issue and ask for everyone's help. I've been helping Chris with his gallery, but we are facing a multitude of technical challenges that I'm not going to elaborate on. Just know that Chris has tens of thousands of photos in his gallery, many with descriptions, so it is a valuable resource. Rest assured that all of the original photos are there, but the application is not proactively generating the cached thumbnails and full size images it presents. At this point what I have found is that when you let a page fully load and thumbnail images are missing if you will perform a browser refresh then the gallery app will generate some of the additional thumbnails and images. Perform a refresh again and more appear, and if you repeat the process eventually all of the images will be generated on a given page. I've personally done this on dozens of pages, but I just don't have the time to cover everything.
This is where you can help. As you have time either proactively or as you are researching a pin, please perform the above browser refresh process for all of the pages of the pin you are looking at. It will only take a couple of minutes, and once the cache images are generated they will be there for anyone who visits those pages in the future. We may still run into some issues as we approach file limits, but for now this seems to be working.

Thanks for the update! I will be clicking thru some of his TZ restorations in the coming days

4 weeks later
#10501 2 years ago

I always find it interesting to know who some of these pins belong to. That is one beautiful SBM!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
3,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=kcZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.