IMG_1169 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1102 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

On top of this, don't overtighten the bolts or the art will wrinkle at the bolt hole. A lesson that I had to learn the hard way on my very first restoration.

The decal wrinkles because the bolt holes in the decal were too small. Bolts when driven in twists the decal.

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I do primarily. Spends thousands there and have few issues given the volume.
I been dealing with Marco for almost twenty years and lately it seems like there is an issue with the packing specifically.
Sometimes it is very careless like throwing a coil bracket right in a small box with a DMD cover or putting the wrong parts in the right bags.

I second that. Lately they don’t have it together. I ordered standard spiral side-rail nails and got nails with a tiny head. Called and they promptly sent replacements. Second batch were flat-head spiral nails. Both were labeled correctly on the packages. Call again and was told they are out of the correct nails and I should return the two sets of nails they sent for a refund. They used to be very accurate, but must have new people picking in the warehouse. All orders I get when there are size/style differences are wrong. The new pickers don’t now the product i’m guessing.

6 months later
#4004 4 years ago

The final playfield I will use to highlight that too much clear will not ultimately solve insert bordering and only makes things worse.
It is a Centaur repro
[quoted image]It was done by highly regarded playfield clear coater
As far as the clear itself it is fine but there is just way too much of it for my purposes of building a good playing game.
Even with the enormous amount of clear on it the inserts still have sunken edges. The thickness of the clear makes it look worse because it deepens it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
The next issue is there is little hope of getting these insert roll overs dialed in and functioning properly without damaging the finish
[quoted image][quoted image]
The last thing is despite such a thick clear and I am sure thorough process the grain is coming right back through.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Now before anyone starts bashing or defending I used to do this exact style of clear coating. I am living in a glass house here but I do not do it anymore because of the things I learned along the way not just clearing playfields but also being tasked with assembling them,getting the games playing properly and customer/community feedback over the years.
The point is most issues like insert bordering or wood graining can only be solved short term so there is no reason to over clear something or wait ridiculous amounts of time because game play and surface durability will suffer and those issue cosmetically will probably return.
The chances of reasonably breaking this finish into a decent player is pretty slim.

not Kruzman?

1 week later
#4091 4 years ago

Special Centaur flattened out much better this time around. It is reflective and slick but not too glossy. It is more what I have in mind for a Centaur look based on the theme.
I think it has finally graduated from the paint shop.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, color contrast doesn't seem to work. Black head frame kills it. Now I'll take a lot of shit for saying this, but it doesn't look good.

#4095 4 years ago

I get it, color is what someone wants. Just thought it might look better all white.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

£ 195.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 85.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=jj44114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.