31%
  • Blacked out 54 votes
    48%
  • Painted Gold matched to cabinet 24 votes
    21%

(113 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11,938 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A8EB46CD-9F4E-41BB-9E6E-CC2432508250 (resized).jpeg
D9E2F65E-823B-4923-BDB8-4946653924F6 (resized).jpeg
2CC4F54D-6659-4B99-A37C-577A0C294564 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DD054E09-EC88-43B1-BBDE-DF0A8038E2DA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

62 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #621 Grand Prix completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #726 Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #826 Tommy completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1228 Addams Family completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1485 Special Eight Ball Deluxe completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1519 Comparing original to CPR Addams Family repro playfield Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1823 Addams Family (w/purple topper) completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2073 Comparison between prototype and production Whirlwind Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2120 Eight Ball Deluxe completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2183 Tip Time with Chris - Sanding and polishing playfield process Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2212 Tip Time with Chris - T-Nut installation Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2414 Dr. Who completed Posted by High_End_Pins (11 months ago)

Post #2802 Simpsons Pinball Party completed Posted by High_End_Pins (10 months ago)

Post #2888 Special Whirlwind completed Posted by High_End_Pins (10 months ago)

Post #3007 Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure (gold trim) completed Posted by High_End_Pins (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 1 year ago

can't wait to see you tackle that broken backglass....I'm assuming it's unobtainium??

#153 1 year ago

What orbital sander and vacuum/dust extractor are you using? I'm about ready to invest in a new one......

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I have a huge variety of Sanders
I primarily use the Festool CT 36 ties to the ETS 150 for medium level finish work
The RO 150 for stripping.
The RS 2 is also nice on large flat surfaces
If you are really looking to do some heavy material removal then then the RAS 115 is great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the info Chris. Festool makes some great stuff, and for the volume of work that you do it makes 100% sense to invest in that brand. It is pricey though for the hobbyist like myself who *may* restore/refurb a pin every 12/18 months.......

#220 1 year ago

Package 1 is an Alien backglass/plexi.
[quoted image]

Well that answers my earlier question..........

3 weeks later
#663 1 year ago

Always amazing work as always Chris, makes me and helps me work better and harder on my projects.

I'm also always amazed when you show your parts inventory, the cost of that alone must have been astronomical. However, with the speed and volume of work you do without sacrificing quality it's a must have to have this stuff in stock and ready to go.........

1 week later
#798 1 year ago

Until I find a better solution for the sliver ball target I made a place holder up for it and placed it on a plug. That is a round target with a chrome decal.
This will allow me to easily swap the true replacement in and if that doesn’t happen soon enough will be easy for the owner to do once I source one or have the original redone.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Would Stern’s new Newton Ball Target like on the IMDN Premium work.....maybe with some modifications????

3 weeks later
#1243 1 year ago

Black on the side rails and lockdown bar, gold for the door....

#1259 1 year ago

As much as I hate to say it because of the process involved I agree.
Thinking the gold door and black rails works the best as previously suggested.
Gold rails are going to run too close to the art on the cabinet ,black will just blend in.
A black door is just a little plain looking gold would be nicer within that red art.

Awesome!!! That seriously made my morning knowing you liked my black rails and gold door idea!!! I’m pumped!!!

#1320 1 year ago

Awesome!!! Easily the best looking 8BD I've ever seen....and it's not even finished yet!!!!

#1338 1 year ago

Chris: the clear tubing you use over the lugs, can you provide a name/source for it?? Been looking around for it but haven't stumbled upon it yet....

1 week later
#1490 1 year ago

Goodness gracious.......does the owner know he's getting the best Eight Ball Deluxe ever made????? Wow, just wow...........

2 weeks later
#1779 1 year ago

EBD 2 Cabinet is now ready for build up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks so...so...so....stock compared to the last one...........

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Looks so...so...so....stock compared to the last one...........

Don’t get me wrong, the quality of your paint job has no equal...however that last one you did, while time consuming, was a thing of beauty!

1 week later
#1945 1 year ago

Looks great....but still needs something. The area above the Whirlwind writing on the cabinet is too big, blue, and empty......

#1948 1 year ago

I *knew* you were going to say that.......still.....

2 weeks later
#2131 1 year ago

I call dibs on the Snickerdoodle!

#2207 1 year ago

I may have asked this before (or someone else has, so my apologies): I have a hard enough time figuring out/remembering which screw/bolt/nut went where when I take out 1 or 2, how do you do it with hundreds of screws/bolts/nuts/washers/posts on a pin that you have no experience on??

#2225 12 months ago

Black wafers for sure, but the red or yellow body I'm split on. What are the color lights/plastics in the area, may want to compliment those?

2 weeks later
#2549 11 months ago

It actually feeds and drops on the ramp and the goes to the playfield.
I will definitely put some Mylar down on all ball drops when I am done.
First step was getting in there and working now I will tear it all down and start the true process.

I'd actually rivet a piece of stainless on the ramp at the ball drop location, or that ramp may crack from impacts.....

1 week later
#2651 11 months ago

Hope all is well Chris!!!!

You there (resized).png

1 month later
#3148 9 months ago

Interesting...modded TZ...wonder which direction this is going and if all the mods survive!!!!

1 month later
#3582 7 months ago

Awesome work as always Chris!!! Seeing that fade now makes me wonder how all that white background would look fading from a light silver on top to a dark grey on the bottom, leaving the rest as you have it....hmmmm??

3 weeks later
#3824 6 months ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Try getting a piece of 3/4" thick insulation foam board. You can lay the plywood on top of that and make a cut a little deeper than the plywood. 100% supported and lightweight, you could also snap the foam in 1/2 or 1/4's for easy storage.

I do exactly the same, except I have a 2 inch thick foam insulation 4x8 I use for plywood cuts with a circular saw. Works great!

1 week later
#3967 6 months ago

That TZ playfield does not look bad at all.......

1 week later
#4137 6 months ago

Looks pretty decent in there for a used one.

Understatement of the century.......

#4139 6 months ago

The one that I am on the fence on is the steel ramp it looks pretty cool as is but I could also gloss it up with the trim.
If I hated it altogether I could replace it with a new one from Kerry so not much of a gamble.
I think glossing it up is the best bet.

How about gloss black as you are doing with the top exposed lip sanded back to metal, sorta like a lot of wheels you see on cars on the road today.

1 week later
#4277 5 months ago

I love the black power playfield but.....

It in conjunction with the black ramps make the remaining stainless on the right inside shooter lane stick out a bit too much?

3 weeks later
#4548 5 months ago

I need a cigarette......

2 months later
#5440 78 days ago

Awesome Safecracker restore!!! Owned one once for a week before I flipped it, kinda wish I kept it.

I will say this for Safecracker: it is a HEAVY ASS pin for as small as it is!!!

1 month later
#5683 45 days ago

That is probably about right.
When I used to take all my pictures at my warehouse it attracted way more attention and distraction so I started doing them here and after the first few times they got bored with it.

You got the wrong neighbors....if I lived next door to you you'd have to run me off with a stick!!!

2 weeks later
#5783 30 days ago

Merry Christmas to you and your family Chris!!! Looking forward to many more entertaining restorations to come in this, the best thread on Pinside!!!

1 week later
#5902 16 days ago

Are you going to make the indented head and cabinet serial numbers match?

1 week later
#5961 8 days ago

Man, given that shooter lane wear I’m surprised the playfield itself didn’t fare worse.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Saugatuck, MI
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion
$ 19.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
€ 18.95
$ 157.00
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Milford, CT
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
£ 99.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
5,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Somerset, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside