31%
  • Blacked out 54 votes
    48%
  • Painted Gold matched to cabinet 24 votes
    21%

(113 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11,991 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
B63113F7-E827-476B-B912-C39912212E07 (resized).jpeg
D4ED000A-717C-4CC3-9DFD-0B7F74908911 (resized).jpeg
A4304EA1-DBAA-401D-B696-01749B30888F (resized).jpeg
D2F5874D-0F5F-4C3E-AF6D-910F7250EF0F (resized).jpeg
AF2A1DDD-C8B8-4786-858A-88F1850277ED (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

63 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #621 Grand Prix completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #726 Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #826 Tommy completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1228 Addams Family completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1485 Special Eight Ball Deluxe completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1519 Comparing original to CPR Addams Family repro playfield Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #1823 Addams Family (w/purple topper) completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2073 Comparison between prototype and production Whirlwind Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2120 Eight Ball Deluxe completed Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2183 Tip Time with Chris - Sanding and polishing playfield process Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2212 Tip Time with Chris - T-Nut installation Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #2414 Dr. Who completed Posted by High_End_Pins (11 months ago)

Post #2802 Simpsons Pinball Party completed Posted by High_End_Pins (10 months ago)

Post #2888 Special Whirlwind completed Posted by High_End_Pins (10 months ago)

Post #3007 Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure (gold trim) completed Posted by High_End_Pins (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Grand Prix is now ready to reassemble.
The metal has been tumbled for several days.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that walnut shells?

#532 1 year ago

high_end_pins how does one arrange a project with you? From the looks of it, you have machines being dropped there on a weekly basis. Do people just buy things and send them right to you in order to get in line, or is there some kind of form you fill out?

1 week later
#685 1 year ago

Nickel plated brackets

Is there a point to the nickel plating other than cosmetics?

3 weeks later
#1057 1 year ago

I hope I never have to try that.
Imagine all the revisions

I have one for you if you want to try

#1121 1 year ago

There has to be some way for you to monetize this thread. It is amazing! I read it every single night.

Not that I don’t love Pinside, but you should be getting some advertising income for this. It is not easy to both do all this amazing work, then document it for us while fielding questions.

Thank you for the entertainment and education!

#1283 1 year ago

With the work, diet and exercise…I say you should just become a pinball life coach! Hell, I would consider flying there with a machine to “do it myself” alongside a master.

#1301 1 year ago

Second EBD panel is wired for light and tested
These cost about $12 each so that is $60 right there for shields
Then figure just $1.25 for each socket and there are 50 and that is also just roughly $60 so $120
Now it cost $100 to have the panel made so now we are at $220
We had to prime it,sand it ,paint it then spend a full half a day wiring it .
Even on a conservative estimation this is a $400 lamp panel and that is probably not really enough.
I put that real world cost and effort thought out there because I think the things that people don’t see sometimes are undervalued and under appreciated but are some of the toughest to create or deal with.

Am really interested in the finances of this. I am not sure you would want to share, but I’ll ask anyway and not be offended if you don’t respond.

How does this work out for the customer? Do you quote a project ahead of time, then bill a single price, or do you give them a time and materials estimate, then charge them the real amount at the end of the project? It also seems you offer different levels of work based on prior games you have done less involved restorations. I am interested in how that billing works.

#1305 1 year ago

This has always been a tough question to answer over the years and as conditions continue to go down hill,request get more complex and my own process gets more and more involved it gets even tougher.
Best I can offer is what is on the page here and even that is a few years old.
http://www.highendpins.com/pricing-services/

This is great info. I am fascinated by the process! Thanks again for documenting his for us, I love reading it every night.

2 weeks later
#1517 1 year ago

Special EBD. Is back at the warehouse.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Why does it go into storage? Is it for sale now? I don’t fully understand the warehouse…I thought it was filled with games customers sent just waiting to get started.

3 weeks later
#1817 1 year ago

Hey Chris, I was trying to copy your work (hope you don’t mind) and add molex connectors to the Pinbot I’m working on. What size connectors do you use? It almost seems like the side of the solenoid with the dual cables needs a .084 whereas the single wire side needs a .062.

2 weeks later
#2054 1 year ago

The EBD 2 owner sent and request a playfield protector.
I have never installed one so I thought to check it over.
[quoted image]
What I find is that it really doesn’t line up nor look ideal for game play.
If I align one thing perfectly it throws something else off.
The large gap around the rollover in particular looks like a ball trap so I will skip using it
Just not comfortable with it nor would I want to inherit whatever complications it could bring.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve installed three of hem no and I haven’t seen any of them be that off. I’m kind of surprised.

2 weeks later
#2384 11 months ago
Quoted from jwo825:

It is actually less shocking than I thought it would be. I like it, but it just doesn't pop and so doesn't fit well with the less busy art package. I'll bet it would look better on the original since there is more orange and yellow there to contrast.

I feel like it should be chrome. That may be too basic, but it looks cool in my mind.

1 week later
#2546 11 months ago

Wireform installed
[quoted image]
Ball dropped.
[quoted image]
Works!!
[quoted image]

I don’t know this game, or the corresponding prototype feature you just fixed, but from the pictures it looks like a great way to destroy the play field. Am I correct in thinking this just fires the ball into the play field in the same spot every time?

4 weeks later
#2813 10 months ago

Are those black powder coated lock nuts? Those are neat, where do you get something like that?

2 weeks later
#2958 10 months ago

Roughing it on that side while his side builds.
[quoted image]

That weather looks like crap…you should open a Phoenix shop .

3 weeks later
#3141 9 months ago

We live in an interesting world.

1 month later
#3630 7 months ago

I don’t understand…the pinball machine was set up on four legs inside a fountain? The fountain was inside a terrifying mansion? There were more games? I have so many questions!

#3679 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

My brothah!!!
- --- ----- --- -
Also, thanks tsskinne and This Flippin' Podcast for tipping me off to this thread. Wow, what amazing work, Chris!
[quoted image]

That is a bizarrely high-quality gif. I can’t stop watching it.

4 weeks later
#4024 6 months ago

What are you planning on doing with that extra TZ mini playfield? My friend bought a TX with a crack right down the middle of his.

#4054 6 months ago

I have a few of them. Shoot me your friends address and I will send him a decent one.

That is insanely nice. Let me get it and I will PM you. I told him I would help to clean and rebuild the machine, I will go ahead and surprise him with this!

#4055 6 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If you can't find one I think I have one off of my old TZ I restored. Not repro or NOS by any means but it's pretty clean if I remember correctly (and local).

That is very nice as well! This really is the best thread on Pinside.

#4099 6 months ago

After all that a fresh shipment of three notisseries(HEP TM) arrived. [quoted image]
Unpacked. Where in the world can I fit these things?[quoted image]
Right here [quoted image]

I am sorry if I forgot, but have you ever told us where you get these from?

#4103 6 months ago

Those are windshield cradles you have to get them through a glass distributor. It can be a pain.
My playfield rack is a windshield storage rack also.
For the most parts playfields and windshields have similar storage and handling needs.

Any chance of a HEP branded version we could buy from you?

1 month later
#4777 4 months ago

Why is there not an always on camera in your shop that lets us watch everything! Amazing work!!

#4782 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

It could be a subscription service. People pay for weirder things.

I would pay, no joke. I can watch a master work all day…especially a master of a craft I am interested in.

#4861 4 months ago
Quoted from TG:

Chris, can you share how you safely remove decals from ramps? Thanks!
Todd

He detailed it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/92#post-5171977

2 months later
#5524 68 days ago
Quoted from xeneize:

These are the nuggets that I LOVE in this thread!

Sorry to interrupt, but how do you solve for the opposite problem where the wire is too thick for the pin? I am trying to re-pin the power board on a Firepower machine and there are quite a few doubled wires which need crimped into the new style molex pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 14.95
Sale Pending!
Saugatuck, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Boards
PCB Emporium
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Philadelphia, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside