IMG_0878 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0873 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0784 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0836 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Cleared to save the current spot it is in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks amazing, well done Chris!

#996 5 years ago

That EBD cabinet looks absolutely brilliant!

1 month later
#1781 5 years ago

Looks very nice keeping it original. The other one however is definitely the business! In fact if you did similar work to 6 more cabinets I would say you'd quickly sell them all.

#1783 5 years ago

It did look involved from all your posts. If you can refine the process so that it isn't as time consuming, I'm sure they'd sell if you want to go down that route.

2 months later
#2877 5 years ago

Shelf and screen blocks are up.
[quoted image]

Now I understand what screen blocks are.

4 weeks later
#3111 5 years ago

Nice!

2 months later
#3876 4 years ago

Chris, when are you relocating to Australia?

#3981 4 years ago

What product do you use for the white touch up? I recently fried a T2 translite by wiping instead of rinsing the cleaner. Removed large sections of the white layer. The translite now looks like it's printed on tissue paper.

#3983 4 years ago

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

1 month later
#4418 4 years ago

Awesome work, so much better than it would have looked when removed from the original factory box. A whole new level of new.

#4441 4 years ago

Excellent, looking forward to seeing Centaur come together.

#4452 4 years ago

OARRRSSSUM!

1 week later
#4540 4 years ago

Great work once again Chris. Looking forward to seeing the picture gallery.

#4557 4 years ago

Chris, when you rebuild these Bally SS games, which particular lamp holders do you buy?

#4695 4 years ago

Chris, thanks for posting the detail on the lamp sockets. Based on what I can see in the photos of your Centaur and Scared Stiff restorations, is the following correct? I'm trying to identify the correct type to order in bulk for my future rebuilds of some of the games in my collection. Thanks again for all the information you post.

Bally SS lamp holders

077-5005-00 2-Lead Socket with Long Mounting Bracket
https://www.pinballlife.com/miniature-bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-long-mounting-bracket.html
077-5002-00 2-Lead Socket with Short Mounting Bracket
https://www.pinballlife.com/miniature-bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-short-mounting-bracket.html

WPC lamp holders
077-5009-00 3-Lead Socket with Long Mounting Bracket (Feature/Insert Lamps)
https://www.pinballlife.com/miniature-bayonet-base-3-lead-socket-with-long-mounting-bracket.html
077-5006-00 3-Lead Socket with Laydown Mounting Bracket (Feature/Insert Lamps)
https://www.pinballlife.com/miniature-bayonet-base-3-lead-socket-with-laydown-mounting-bracket.html
077-5002-00 2-Lead Socket with Short Mounting Bracket (GI Lamps)
https://www.pinballlife.com/miniature-bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-short-mounting-bracket.html

3 weeks later
#4935 4 years ago

Good to see you enjoying yourself, Happy Birthday Chris!

3 weeks later
#5235 4 years ago

Awesome work Chris. The owner will be very pleased.

2 weeks later
#5422 4 years ago

Brilliant!

1 month later
#5730 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

when I did it on the joust playfield swap that I just recently completed, I tried to use the following standards
- always keep the common wire at the bottom of the connector (this gives you a visual sanity check) that you're not going to inadvertently reverse the [hot] wire and the ground from one coil to the next
- if the harness connectors that I added were in the same proximity as another same-type connector, this is where I started to vary the pins (pins on the coil side, socket on the harness side, or combinations there of when 3 or more were close enough that they could be accidentally plugged into each other
- I used 0.062 for switch and lamp connections and 0.093 for power (except where I was passing a harness through the playfield with a very short run and had a very small hole to push the connector through
the easiest way to do this is add the connectors to your existing harness one at a time with everything still in place. this way you can double-check your work immediately (rather than try and track down a potentially bad crimp, wire that has slid out of the connector, etc...)

Excellent advice!

1 month later
#6014 4 years ago

The final detail on Spirit 2 is the backglass.
This game needed one. [quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Luckily someone here helped me out and I was able to source a replacement.
It’s a bit more vivid but looks great from all angles.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now that's one nice looking game!

2 months later
#6577 4 years ago

I buy in bulk at Consolidated Wire.
They have a pretty large minimum order though so it isn’t something I talk about much here because it probably isn’t that practical for most.
I think when it comes to striping etc the minimum is 1000ft but I could be off or it could have changed.

Happy Easter to you and your family, glad to see you are all well. Could you please post a few Consolidated part numbers for tge various wire types you use, just to point us in the right direction?

#6600 4 years ago

Chris, when time allows and you have a roll or two handy, please post some pictures of the wire and part numbers associated with posts #6574 & #6577. I'd like your help to point me in the right direction when ordering some wire from Consolidated please. Happy to receive the information via PM if you'd prefer.

3 weeks later
#6834 3 years ago

Way to go Maverick, looking sharp my man! That's gotta be the nicest Black Knight I've ever clapped eyes on!

2 months later
#7476 3 years ago

It isn’t a hard game to restore so much in a nuts and bolts sense but the way it both disassembles and reassembles , the ramps and on the back end the common problems the game faces like mist multi ball issues even when properly rebuilt make it a tougher game to get any rhythm with from a service standpoint.

I agree 100%. Restoring a BSD now and the playfield rebuild has a LOT of hardware, some of which is tightly packed and has to go in, in a sequential order. Challenging but satisfying watching it come together. Can easily see how it would become a chore.

2 months later
#7869 3 years ago

Happy Birthday Chris. Looks like you have the makings of a good day already setup!

3 weeks later
#8040 3 years ago

That F-14 is going to look amazing!

5 months later
#8989 3 years ago

WOW, that's one really nice Shadow!

3 months later
#9530 2 years ago

Nicest EM I've ever seen, great work Chris!

3 weeks later
#9715 2 years ago

The world's best Bally Mystic. Great work Christopher!

2 weeks later
#9904 2 years ago

Taking a break for a bit.
If you have a current project I will pick it up in my own gallery.

Enjoy your break Chris. We will all look forward to your return. My favourite thread that I check every day. Learnt so much and find the progress on each game fascinating and enjoyable. A great way to relax and forget about the day.

2 months later
#10179 2 years ago

WOW Chris, that's the nicest STTNG I've ever seen! The lighting really suits the game. Well done, the owner is going to be very pleased when that turns up in the driveway.

1 week later
#10243 2 years ago

Wow, what a work ethic! I hadn't read this thread in a week, usually check it every day. Scrolling through a week of work, simply amazing what you accomplish. Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
#10287 2 years ago

Absolutely awesome SOF, the owner must be stoked with that. Great work as usual.

1 month later
#10384 2 years ago

Excellent job on the new wiring looms Chris. The time it takes you to turn out such quality work is simply amazing.

1 week later
#10403 2 years ago

Oh wow, flat, smooth & shiny!

3 months later
#10986 1 year ago

The times to cherish the most, family time. Happy Birthday to Marshall.

4 months later
#11670 1 year ago

Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoy every minute of it with family and friends.

3 weeks later
#11738 1 year ago

Really enjoying the detailed videos of the IJ nightmate project. No doubt Chris will be glad to see the game finished and shipped.

2 weeks later
#11778 1 year ago

Was just watching WH2O on YouTube wondering if your High_End_Pins wife or other family members watch your videos. Several minutes later, you mentioned about your breakfast being inadequate that day. Brave man I thought! Then a snack arrives....

#11780 1 year ago

Yeah my wife is in charge of HEP maintenance. She’s not supposed to let the equipment run low on fuel or the pipes back up

Nice arrangement! Sounds like your family unit is well organised, just like your shop & work practices.

#11795 1 year ago

I've really enjoyed the recent YouTube videos, with the IJ nightmare project and now WH20.

Learned a few things from Chris & marvelled at others, knowing I'll never be able to paint & finish like him.

This thread is also something I look forward to reading.

3 weeks later
#11843 1 year ago

Got the final clear done on the IJ RK and DH playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Incredible work! If I hadn't already watched the DH playfield restoration videos, at first & second glance I'd say it's better than new. The shooter lane looks fantastic.

2 weeks later
#11875 1 year ago

Unpacked the DH backglass [quoted image]
Rejected!!![quoted image]
I am tired of excuses.
CPR fix this!!!

Exactly! The nonsense being purported by CPR does not make logical sense. The sooner they admit fault and focus on improving their processes, the happier they will be, and their customers will have faith in their backglass products.

For those interested in learning more about the digital printing learning cuve, this video is excellent, what Bruce has to say about the process is very insightful.

#11881 1 year ago

Congo gutted. [quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome, looking forward to this one. Will it be featuring on YouTube?

3 weeks later
#11951 1 year ago

Often people are truly getting took and are just as surprised as I am.
There is a growing number of games coming in that were originally someone else’s project and they either could not complete it (personal owner) or it was abandoned,or being mishandled (“professional” business “) then basically reclaimed and redirected here.
I try to guard myself against that because I can’t make a living if all I am given to work on are the worst projects possible regardless of whether I can do it or not. Sometimes it just works out that way though.
Often people will send the easy stuff somewhere else and try to only send me the tough ones.
This is why I normally reject anything for a first time customer that isn’t fairly straightforward and also why you will see me take on some really odd and challenging projects for frequent customers.

Crazy! If the condition of a game is known beforehand and not disclosed, that's very misleading. Just as well you can multitask Chris.

2 weeks later
#11999 1 year ago

Pinball Magic is up on legs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! Wish this was the subject of your latest series of videos.

1 month later
#12165 1 year ago

Absolutely stunning, both games. Great work.

3 weeks later
#12323 1 year ago

Very nice job of the CC, the owner must have been pleased. I noticed you installed mylar patches around each of the bad guy drop targets, do you prefer using mylar to the Cliffy drop protectors?

2 months later
#12570 9 months ago

STTNG certainly is a monster. Great work so far!

2 weeks later
#12693 9 months ago

Christopher, what is your opinion of the Pheonix Arcade ES cabinet decals, when they were available?

3 weeks later
#12860 8 months ago

Unbelievable talent. Those ES cabinets are coming along very nicely. Wish my ES looked that good.

1 week later
#12923 8 months ago

Absolutely incredible work and finish on those ES cabinets. Very lucky owners!

1 week later
#12980 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

That TZ build needs our 3rd magnet kit.

Do you have a link to your kit jrcmlc ?

3 weeks later
#13093 7 months ago

My favourite Pinside thread by a mile. Really enjoy watching the process each time, from the problem solving, sourcing of parts and techniques used, to the beer, food and family updates. I bet there a lot that view this thread regularly for the sheer enjoyment and insight it provides. Long live HEP!

1 week later
#13252 6 months ago

Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day with the family.

3 months later
#13789 3 months ago

That is absolutely outstanding, great work Chris & Jeff. The owner of that game will be well pleased.

1 month later
#14077 57 days ago

Incredible. You are an absolute magician Christopher Hutchins.

1 month later
#14523 21 days ago

The TZ mod rant & the follow-up video are the most refreshingly honest thing I've seen on any form of media in a very long time. It's exactly how we all once spoke, open & honest opinions.

I find the modern way of communicating frustrating, annoying & a waste of time. It's resulted in me being very selective in what I watch and developing the art of lightning fast channel changing or simply turning it off and doing something else.

All power to you Mr.Hutchins.

1 week later
#14620 12 days ago

Is storm water piped underground to the street or storm water drain not a thing in your area/USA?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=Pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.