IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1169 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-Pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5328 4 years ago

lol, I was wondering as well. It looks like solder splatter.

#5372 4 years ago

How long do you let the clear dry before you can start putting a playfield back together after you spray it?

#5375 4 years ago

Impressive clear coats. You make it look so easy. Helps when you have a dedicated paint booth. You use a orbital polisher? what do you use for the polish!

1 week later
#5479 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

TOM coils are all done.
Everything on plugs everything has short and lead protection[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris,

Is it necessary you run dual (violet / brown) wires to the solenoids? Manufacturer does it due to daisy chain so I would think dual wires from the molex to the solenoid lug is redundant and not necessarily necessary? You are the master here so I am sure you have a good reason. Just curious.

#5483 4 years ago

That’s done in the interest of color coding accurately.
On a game like TOM both wires originally going to the coils are 18 gauge.
Some of these colors I only stock in 20 gauge so in those cases I use two 20 gauge wires to maintain both gauge and now correct color.
It fits and holds much better within the .093 pins as well as compared to a single 20 gauge wire.

Ok, I figured you had a reason. I am starting my High Speed PF swap and was curious why the 2 wires as I intend to drop to 1 single wire from the Molex connector to the feature and let the daisy chain propagate from the other side of the molex connector to the next feature. I have been ordering 18AWG color correct wire for the install of Molex connectors.

I do like your strain and short protection on solenoids and will adopt that in my rewiring.

3 weeks later
#5645 4 years ago

Thats a days worth of Molex connector install on that wire loom!

#5665 4 years ago

Fathom playfield wiring is complete.
Placed in the cabinet and powered up for testing. The blue insert rollovers look really nice. I found they look best with a lower lighting set up since there actually orange plastic that has been frosted over in blue. The contrast between the white actuators and blue insert fits the scheme perfectly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking Fabulous! Gorgeous playfield!

1 week later
#5709 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I don’t know if you covered this before. With your restorations what do you do for all the factory stickers. Like model and serial tags, all the little s/n tags, inspection tags? If you don’t want to make public you can pm me.

I have wondered the same.

1 month later
#6085 4 years ago

In terms of the dimples specifically there is a domino effect especially on the capture holes and slings where once one thing is off all associated parts are then off as well so properly placing one part means then realignment/adjustment to two other parts plus a lot of double checking.
Here is the overview on that for a single capture hole. This has to happen at each one and makes for a much slower and critical parts placement due to the poor accuracy.
I check every against the original with a ruler. [quoted image]
It isn’t to hard to spot the issues.
What is needed is for the ball cup to be perfectly centered in the hole but also it needs the be turned in just the right angle for proper play so it ejects in the correct projection
Centering it and aligning it properly shows how bad off it would be if trusting the dimples.
[quoted image]
This is how far off nearly ever single dimple is for nearly every single part. [quoted image]
That is once cup corrected and placed there are 3 more to do.[quoted image]

Those are not even dimples, they are pre-drilled holes. wow.

#6098 4 years ago

Spirit 3 playfield build continues on. I am at the wiring stage. Well into it.
The new sockets were jumpered as needed with a color correct style of insulated wire. [quoted image][quoted image]
Once that was done the main harness was roughed in place[quoted image][quoted image]

I noticed you placed the solder tabs for the GI light sockets 'under' the bracket against the playfield wood. I would think the solder tabs would go between the hex screw and the lamp bracket. I am sure you have a reason for this and would be interested to know why. Thanks

#6114 4 years ago

It provides the same connection or continuity on top or below the socket.
I prefer below because it makes socket removal for bulb changes easiest.

Ok, that makes sense.

#6115 4 years ago

Congrats to all!

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

in a perfect world, yes
however, given that even today, most of the components are installed by hand and there can be what amounts to large variances between any 2 machines coming off of the line
what chris has pointed out is something that should be taken to heart by anyone wanting to perform their own playfield swap which is to take the time tio measure twice, drill once so to speak. you can easily transfer the assemblies, but unless you're willing to take the time and ensure that everything is positioned correctly, your newly assembled game may not play as well as you'd expect it to

It is very time consuming but super important mechanics are positioned correctly. Many things depend on proper alignment from Plastics mounting to correct ball play from eject holes and such.

2 weeks later
#6253 4 years ago

HG 3 cleared in matte clear.
This one rarely needs an extra session because no colors stack and the ones on there cover very easily and thin.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

HG 3 cleared in matte clear.
This one rarely needs an extra session because no colors stack and the ones on there cover very easily and thin.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris,

Do you use same clear paint on the Cabinets as you use on playfields?

1 week later
#6328 4 years ago

Start this week off with another cabinet delivery.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris,

Where do you order your cabinets from? I ask because I might be in need of a High Speed cabinet. I started sanding my cabinet and there is a lot of water rot. I would rather start with a new cabinet than end up with a crappy job trying to salvage this one. It may not be cost effective to replace but I am willing to at least explore cabinet replacement for my High Speed refurbish.

#6335 4 years ago

I use a variety of builders depending on what I need.
I don’t reveal all my sources or collaborations publicly because it can cause delays for me if they get flooded with orders or drama if they don’t meet expectations but you can always ask me privately. If I can help without causing myself delays or problems I definitely will.
I am not a jerk just practical.

PM sent.

#6348 4 years ago

Now matte cleared.
Should be good with that. Since there are no overlapping colors it is a one shot deal.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I noticed you did not mask off the inside of the cabinet or head like i have seen you do in the past. Why no masking on this one? Oh, Yea, We are watching very closely. LOL

1 week later
#6433 4 years ago

Always nice work. Do we need to take up a collection to buy HEP a new tape measure? LOL

#6467 4 years ago

High Speed gets set up.
[quoted image]
Some often ask what I am looking for when replacing a cabinet.
Stuff like this.
Many plys delaminated[quoted image]
This moisture issues [quoted image]
This structural [quoted image]
This is a game that has see quite a bit of moisture it shows in the wood and the metal [quoted image][quoted image]

My eyes just lit up seeing this arrival!!!

Looking forward to watching High Speed go through the HEP wringer! I am deep in the middle of my #HS restore. Playfield is 99% complete just got a bunch of parts back from the plating company today and built up the coin door. Ordered a cabinet since mine looked about the same as yours. Delaminated plywood layers, water rot, etc. Lots of rust on my project. Very time consuming.

I did notice the hinge space (for the head/cabinet attaching point) on the new cabinet is different from the original. There are 2 hinge cutouts on the new cabinet and the original, as does mine, has one notched section for the hinge. Is this intentional?

This is your first High Speed correct? How is the playfield? From the limited picture it does not look terrible. Are you going to swap it with a CPR playfield or restore it yourself?

I will be interested to hear from you about how intensive you think the playfield underside is. It is my first restore and to me it seemed very busy compared to other pins I have seen.

Sorry for all the questions. Just super interested in this one.

Here is a picture of my old cabinet wood rot.Cab_rott (resized).jpgCab_rott (resized).jpg

#6469 4 years ago

This is my second but the last one was about 14 years ago.
I will look at the neck on mine closer.
These cabinets are built off the Williams files but sometimes there can be a supplement for a specific game like the head for HS with the dome.
If there is and it gets missed or if there should be and it is missing(happens often with such old factory documentation) then I report back to the builder and we make adjustments.
Occasionally I run into two different versions of the same cabinet.
Getaway is an example where it comes in two forms. One with a pivot only playfield,the other with the slide lock so things like small variations can sometimes be correct even if they are wrong for the build.
Anyone that thinks new cabinet means less work/easier hasn’t done enough of them yet.
The main advantage is new wood that is really the highlight.

You can't fix wood that has rotted or delaminated without a lot of time and effort. And would probably at some point down the line just start delaminating more.

#6473 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I need a new cabinet for my High Speed. Who is your cabinet guy?

I asked Chris this exact same question.

This may help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/127#post-5505776

#6477 4 years ago

No significant updates today.
I was really busy though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone is eye'ing your beer... Oh wait, I think that finger extension might be the attraction.

Looks like you did some High Speed work. Will you be adding the fuse protection for the Lamp and solenoid rectifiers?

3 weeks later
#6567 4 years ago

With the right tools and supplies, it is all possible. And a little bit of "MacGyver" added in. LOL. Nice Work!

#6579 4 years ago
Quoted from SJJ:

I have recently found this topic and have been reading it from the beginning. Absolutely amazing work! I have read up to post #1166. Wondering who you purchase your bulk color coded wire from. Haven't finished going through the whole thread yet so if you have mentioned it elsewhere I apologize for asking.
Thanks!

PPS sells 18 and 22 AWG wire by the 10' lengths for $2.25. You can find most of the colors you need. I used to purchase wire from Bay Area Amusements but they merged or were purchased by PPS a few months back.

Search "AWG" in PPS web page to pull up their wire.

#6588 4 years ago

Hey Chris,

I'm gathering up my courage and supplies to paint a cabinet.

I know you have posted about buying paint supplies. I cannot find it in the 132 pages of posts. What base are the paints you use for Primer and colors? Are they Acrylic, Oil, or? base?

I would think using water base for the primer on the bare wood would be a bad thing.

Thanks

#6599 4 years ago

Chris,

Noticed you use different color primers throughout your jobs. Do you use a primer that is close to the base you are going to spray?

#6603 4 years ago

BK lamp wiring is done.
[quoted image]
It was extensive.
Brand new GI wire from head to toe. [quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Removal and replacement of the feature lamps and strips.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know you have High Speed in the wings. I assume you will also be replacing the feature strips on that pin as well? There are a lot of them! My High Speed strips were corroded and not looking good. I found some replacement strips and used those. However replacing them all together would be a good way to go as well. A bit more work but Like you said easier to service if a socket goes haywire.

#6607 4 years ago

Hey Chris,

When you sand guide coats, base or clear, do you do any wet sanding or is it always dry sanding?

#6617 4 years ago

High Speed teardown.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6620 4 years ago

Main playfield in BK[quoted image]
Playfield is out of the HS[quoted image][quoted image]

You have your work cut out for you on that HS! Lots of Light strips. I know your preference is to replace the light strips. Are you planning on doing that with this HEP restore? Mine were in pretty bad shape but was able to find replacements.

The playfield looks decent. You going to use that one or a repo?

#6622 4 years ago

Yes. I will replace the light strips.
This playfield is not that great. Between the full Mylar ,discolorations and popped inserts it really isn’t worth fooling with unless we were desperate.
Have a new playfield so we aren’t.
That new playfield isn’t perfect either but it is a much better starting platform.
Should start getting the cabinet in order this week.

Cool. I am awaiting my cabinet. Should be here in a couple weeks. Is there a reason you keep the Tilt board? I am going to install the tilt cage/ball and pendulum on the cabinet and relocate the volume control to the coin door where it is much more accessible. I see no reason to reinstall the board. I believe Williams did this because they could pre assemble the components separate then slap it into the cabinet when it came time. I believe they made a much smaller board in Taxi. I think it is a needless item in a restore.

#6624 4 years ago

I eliminate them often but it depends on the game.
A game like BK with a bell is a game that is good to include it to isolate the bell.
A game like HS needs it also because the panel acts as a stop for the playfield when in the upright position.
Changes are cool but you really need to study what you add or eliminate.

Wow, yes that is a good point. I forgot all about that being the stop for the playfield. Would have been a big surprise had you not brought that to light. Thank you for sharing that. That is where your years of experience pays off.

I can see where BK with the bell is good with the board.

I am still on the mindset to eliminate the board and simply add a smaller stop for the playfield. The playfield came very close to the head when in the upright position on my pin (probably not uncommon wear over the years). Not a good thing for possible wear, however it would not be hard to position the new board for a better fit. It is really not a great design.

thanks Chris.

#6664 4 years ago

Everything is in order on the HS cabinet [quoted image]
The issue with the original hinge is that it is flimsy.
Right after HS they switched to a thicker style that better distributed on the neck.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You can see how much thicker the hinges are.
[quoted image]
Double check the fit. All set.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are some serious hinges!

#6694 3 years ago

"You get what you pay for" is very applicable here!

#6699 3 years ago

Cleared it for the first time stencil wise.
Will need some extra efforts because of the way the colors stack.
It takes several coats of yellow to cover over black.
There are ways to cheat that like spraying a little white first but that. An create problems later when sanding so I just work through it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good with the wrap around Red and yellow. Less stacking also. Very nice

#6709 3 years ago

Wow, that is a lot of tedious work. Gonna be the nicest cabinet of that era on earth.

#6733 3 years ago

You're able to paint one cabinet while another is near by without worry of it getting on the other cabinet? I see the HS in the background. Paint room ventilation I assume?

#6735 3 years ago

That is one nice paint room. Necessary with your volume of work.

#6785 3 years ago

Nice additions to the HS. Outstanding work as usual!

#6809 3 years ago

You really poured a ton of work into that HS! My cabinet is all prepped and ready for paint. with the color stacking and stencil edge issues looks like I have my work cut out for me.

I can see where the stacking was a problem on the lower cabinet since the red is laid on top of the Yellow. Would be nice if the yellow could be laid on top of a solid red eliminating the edges as it is on the head stencil sequence. Makes for an extra paint step with yellow first on the cabinet and red first on the head. Need to do a little planning on this paint job.

I really like what you did with the white on the head and continued the stripes around the front of the cabinet.

#6831 3 years ago

Nice work as usual. Unfortunate the black paint rubbed off on the underside of the playfield.

#6860 3 years ago

I hope the owner understands the amount of work you put in on this cabinet. Mind boggling to say the least.

#6887 3 years ago

Final clear is sprayed. It is a 45/55 matte ratio finish that will flatten out and slicken as it dries overnight.
These finishes go on thinner and drier than regular clear because there is a matting paste that is added to the regular clear and that paste turns the gloss down but also thickens the clear making it a have a lower viscosity and that is why they tend to lay down a little more orange peeled but they do flow out as they cure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That belongs in a museum now with a velvet rope around it.

#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

It needs to be played and enjoyed. Of course, that’s the owner’s choice. I have mini CQ pins and none will sit idle.

Well of course but while it is not being played it needs it's proper showcase.

#6901 3 years ago

Nice and subtle!

#6909 3 years ago

Chris,

Do you sand the clear coat you apply over the base before you stencil and paint the stencil colors? If so what grit do you use and how much sanding?

Also, how do you prep the (sanded) clear before applying the stencils to get it ready for the next paint? Do you use Naptha to clean the surfaces before painting?

Thanks

1 week later
#7050 3 years ago

Head is mounted on the HS and it is starting to look like something.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just finished my #HS restore. (yes, I borrowed your stripe wrap and white Williams logo ideas) Looking forward to watching you finish up this #HS.

IMG_0169 (resized).JPGIMG_0169 (resized).JPG

#7052 3 years ago

Looks great. See you like the lighted button also.
All good improvements over the original in my eyes.

Thanks

Yes, The lighted button is also a great improvement. I did not do the back interstate symbol, but that looks great. You have a good eye!

#7054 3 years ago

Looks like trailer wiring. Get it at local Auto parts store. Can't quite tell the gauge.

IMG_0245 (resized).JPGIMG_0245 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#7188 3 years ago

They have been warned.
[quoted image]

That HS is getting some really nice upgrades! I had no idea a Shaker could be added to any game.

#7205 3 years ago

Wow, that is above and beyond! Nice work.

#7213 3 years ago

Appreciate it Dean. Got the lamp board you made me today.
Looks great!
Thank you !!
[quoted image]

So glad it made it safe to you. I was a bit worried when it got delayed a couple days in "No Delivery Status" state.

Glad I was able to get it made up for your HS restore.

#7238 3 years ago

And. The HS is back in black after exploring my options.
Glad I did but I like this look best personally and it is going to be much easier to maintain.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the black legs as well.

#7242 3 years ago

Yea, that is one cool apron!!!

#7278 3 years ago

You have been neglecting High Speed.

#7290 3 years ago

Also found on the IJ KE game are wiring splices and butt connectors.
All sockets are rusted or corroded as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a mess, you have your work cut out for you. Fortunately that is not super difficult as long as someone did not get creative with re-wiring things that should not be.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7291 3 years ago

First Monday in a while that doesn’t involve TAFs
I am starting to rework the HS cabinet wiring and get it in place.
There’s a lot going on there with the shaker motor and just the sloppy nature of the factory wiring.

Nice to see #hs getting some love.

#7350 3 years ago

You have quite the backlog of work to get to.

#7362 3 years ago

HS playfield is building up. [quoted image]
I want to get rid of the light blocking in lane guide set up. [quoted image]
A Data East guide will work in its place because it is narrow enough to replace the wire guide portion on the right as well as the steel guide portion on the left.
A Williams guide is too thick I that area.
The DE guide is the one with the screws in it without the small triangle in the lower left corner. That would be ideal if it had that too but I don’t think it will have an impact on the kickback. [quoted image]
Since I am doing that I want to add the light as well. [quoted image][quoted image]
Using the guide as a template and verifying it will cause no conflicts on the mechs or underside I proceed. [quoted image]

Are you using frosted LED's in the return lane guides?

#7363 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, how long does your paint have to dry before you can mask off and do the next layer. It may just be my perception, but seems like you are knocking out multiple color layers in a very short time.

Those automotive base paints set up quite fast. 1-2 hours is more than enough time between colors depending on humidity and what speed reducer you use. More importantly is that you clear over base coats before 24 hours.

Christopher is the expert here on this subject. Really like watching his projects come to life.

#7367 3 years ago

DAMN! THAT LOOKS AMAZING! Nice Job!

#7402 3 years ago

Looks great. Like the back flasher mod. I may have to do that as well to mine.

#7412 3 years ago

I left those out intentionally for now.
Hopefully it will play well without them.
My concern with installing them is that they will stick up too far and impede the ball travel since the ramp isn’t countersunk for them.
My other worry is the ramp is super thin so the chances of cracking the floor of it when using them or trying the make a recess is pretty likely.
The ramp is well secured as is so it probably isn’t worth the risk.

I left those screws out as well with the same concerns. It has played just fine.

#7422 3 years ago

New arrival this week
TAF [quoted image][quoted image]
It is talked about here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-nightmare#post-5714606
I started to do a photo evaluation but it was just too much to document so I did a quick unrehearsed unedited video.

The game is in good hands now. Looks like a real good challenge for you. Will be fun to watch. (maybe not for you LOL)

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Next time don’t hold back so much in your evaluation of a crummy game. JK

Haha, You noticed that also LOL. I was surprised he valued it at $4000. It will take a lot of work to get it to the $6500 pinside value.

3 weeks later
#7570 3 years ago

Probably did not feel much at 90 Miles away.

#7576 3 years ago

I will give it a try. I did switch over to super high protein last month for a growth period.

Peanut butter and bananas = YUM... On toast!!!

Maybe a little cinnamon and YES!

#7579 3 years ago

Nothing more frustrating than waiting on parts that are just sitting somewhere!

3 weeks later
#7769 3 years ago

New week.
I should wrap this Tron up this week.
I removed several homemade mod wiring sections and a couple unnecessary parts at this point.
I am in the process of making new clean connections for what will remain.
[quoted image]

Is that a pair of mini box fans (home mod) you removed. I can't quite tell from the photo but looks like box fans or BR's

1 week later
#7808 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Sure they are. My last 3 issues were capacitor, capacitor, control board. Cost about $50 total. Since I did all the repairs myself I figure the money saved = money for new pinball machine. New pinball machine = FUN!
The pic above looks a little more expensive though. Sorry Chris.

startup and running capacitors go out a lot. Easy to replace.

Control board may be a little more.

2 weeks later
#7853 3 years ago

Happy Birthday Chris! Enjoy and relax.

2 weeks later
#7990 3 years ago

Nice when a plan comes together.

#8006 3 years ago

Ah, Liberty Bell. I worked on a liberty bell a few months back. Had quite a few issues. Had a few burned up coils due to gummed up mechanisms. Was able to get her up and running 100%. I was not a fan of the game play. A little boring even for an EM machine. The owner liked it because it went with his game room theme. Will be fun to watch it go through the HEP renovation process.

3 weeks later
#8150 3 years ago

WOW. This is really a sad story and hard to believe there are people out there that are this dishonest. 13K is A LOT to pay even for a mint game unless it has been HEP'd.

I have been on the hunt for a TAF for a little bit. Don't want one like that though.

1 month later
#8369 3 years ago

Match? Heck, I think your speckles are vastly better! Nice Job Chris!

3 months later
#9058 3 years ago

Sure love seeing those super glossy HEP Playfields!!!

2 months later
#9456 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Chris I was curious, of all the games you have restored (condition being equal) is there one title that is particularly more challenging than other games, maybe something like TZ due to all the mechs?

Someone asked Chris this same question in the last year, I tried to find the post but no luck yet. There are a lot of posts in this thread.

1 week later
#9517 2 years ago

Spent a couple hours troubleshooting which might be a record for me with a EM.
I started with a game that would do nothing(coin door slam tilt just barely and I mean barely not fully closed)
Transitioned to one that wouldn’t score 500 points.(wire off the score reel in the back box)
Then a game thats score motor would not stop spinning (another wire off a switch very hidden)
Went from that to one that wouldn’t stop scoring 500 (a leg of a roll over switch was just barely touching another under a huge relay bank)
I am definitely getting more comfortable and getting a better understanding of them.
Will do all I can to clean flatten and polish the original plastics and then it should be all done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love troubleshooting EM games. It's just wires and connections. As long as you have a schematic it is not super difficult to trace. Nice Job! Looks Great!

#9563 2 years ago

The rest of my latest wire order finally arrived. [quoted image]
My wire restock/expansion is now complete. This should give me everything for Williams,WPC,-95 ,Bally SS ,DE and Stern.
Not even trying to get into that Gottlieb wiring
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The rest of my latest wire order finally arrived. [quoted image]
My wire restock/expansion is now complete. This should give me everything for Williams,WPC,-95 ,Bally SS ,DE and Stern.
Not even trying to get into that Gottlieb wiring
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DAMN I wish I lived close to you so when I re-wire a pinball part I could just come over and sneak some. MAJOR envy! I will not re-wire something with the wrong color. My wire collection lives in a drawer and order wire as I need, very painful!

#9583 2 years ago

Wire has gotten really expensive.
I just totaled up my entire wire collection in today’s cost having just bought 40 rolls at the highest prices yet and it’s over $7500 for the 120 rolls I have at roughly $65 average per roll with stripe charges etc.
There is so much money invested in infrastructure here that goes unnoticed and unappreciated just trying to really cover the most minor details.

I have only FULLY restored 1 pinball game and the required parts stock is insane! Be glad I do not live close by or you'd have to put a restraining order on me. LOL

3 weeks later
#9712 2 years ago

Learned a lot from your threads on painting. Helped me get through my High Speed restore. Was fun to do but I would rather do the mechanical side of pinball any day of the week.

Painting takes a lot of knowledge, experience and expertise to make it look good. Thanks for sharing.

3 weeks later
#9921 2 years ago

Chris has answered many of my questions. I am just 5 years into this hobby. His painting skills are something that takes years to perfect. Just love watching him work through the paint process.

Posting as he has been doing is good for his business but he is known well enough that he would not have to post to get any new business. He is probably a bit burnt out. Even doing something you love takes its toll.

1 month later
#10093 2 years ago

Like watching the paint process. Lots of great info. Thanks

#10097 2 years ago

Some tight registration on that stencil! nicely done.

#10099 2 years ago

Oh, WOW. Did the stencils absorb some of the base paint making the stencil rubbery?

2 months later
#10344 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Not to hijack HEPs thread, but I bought that one from the director and restored it myself, big project that took a couple years to gather parts and restore.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is some tidy wiring with the cat-gut!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-Pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=Pin-Pilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.