IMG_0034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0035 (resized).jpeg
OCC_with_Sr (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).png
orbit9 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

207 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3056 4 years ago

This is a great thread. Really enjoy the workmanship. It is impressive how much you can get done in a week (and maintain such quality work). No doubt having the correct tools helps. The attention to detail is amazing.

Chris, I am curious as too how many hours a week you actually do pinball related work? You can't possibly do all this in a 40hr week?

4 months later
#4614 4 years ago

That Centaur pin might be the only pin in existence that is actually too beautiful to play. It is a work of art! Awesome job!

11 months later
#7530 3 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Quick question I know it in here somewhere but, how do you prep for the t nuts on the pf again. I remember you had a good trick/tip for doing those?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/45#post-4803466

3 months later
#8307 3 years ago

What’s going on? No updates from HEP for a week now? Hopefully just a Thanksgiving break.

I know how much time it must take to document and post this information and the community really appreciates it and admires the work. Great stuff. Looking forward to more posts soon.

#8317 3 years ago

Hope your Mom is ok and that you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

This thread is a great read and adds to the positive vibe of Pinside. Love how you always stay professional and positive. That with the craftsmanship, great beer and food updates makes this an awesome thread to browse while watching football and having a brew.

You deserve a Twippy award.

3 months later
#8850 3 years ago

Very effective demonstration Chris. Thanks. So what primarily causes the difference? Incorrect product. Poor application? Poor technique? poor environment? I have no experience other than working as a labourer with a painter one summer who painted heavy equipment/vehicles in a mining operation whereby I learned that it is much harder than it appears to paint using a gun. He would let me try whenever he needed a good laugh. He was a fun old guy who liked to laugh - I told him it was because of all the fumes that seeped in through his respirator.

1 week later
#8926 3 years ago

Wow. My favourite is still the HEP black, then HEP white and then HEP red. But they are all absolutely amazing. It would be an awesome sight to see all 3 together in the same room. Beautiful work!

10 months later
#10549 2 years ago

Wow, I got that same bike (perhaps different year) for my 10th birthday! Still riding all these years later despite a few court dates! And yes I am too old for fast toys but you are what you are!

#10564 2 years ago

Was that the actual bike you rode as a kid?

#10573 2 years ago

Ok, now let’s see the wheelies up and down the street! On 2nd thought let’s not as you don’t heal up like in the old days. bike looks great.

1 month later
#10668 2 years ago

That alt.Tommy gets my vote for your nicest game ever with a possible exception for one of your Centaur’s. Great stuff!

#10684 2 years ago

I had a similar issue when I swapped my board into a DE. Sounds played in attract mode but cut out a few seconds after starting a game. It turns out I had installed the ribbon cable backwards. Oops. I feel guilty posting this. Worth a double check though.

2 weeks later
#10805 2 years ago

High_End_Pins so are you doing these pit bikes for yourself or are you branching out a little to reduce the monotony of just pins? Some of my most formative years were spent riding around on these in sand pits. Thanks for sharing. Love the work.

2 months later
#11192 1 year ago

Once again...beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Chris, have you ever done a machine for yourself and kept it for a while? I know from reading your thread that you don't really play anymore but your pins are like art. Just wondering if you ever keep any around to admire?

10 months later
#12338 11 months ago

Ok that BAnzai Run has me thinking about those sweet pit bikes you did last year. Did you end up selling them all?

3 months later
#12861 7 months ago

Wow, Chris you really are an artist. Your work is simply beautiful. It has been a pleasure over the years watching you hone your craft. Pinball machines are your canvas! Thank you for the time you take to share this with us.

7 months later
#14219 16 days ago

Love this thread. Keep up the great work Chris. You create pieces of art out of a pinball machine and nobody else does that consistently for a living. Thanks for sharing your work and your methods with us. You have a unique collection of skills and put them to great use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
3,395 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=PBFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.