IMG_0833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0828 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #142 Alien repair completed Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #621 COMPLETED: Grand Prix Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #645 Tip Time with Chris - Compressor used for cabinet painting Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #651 Tip Time with Chris - Guide coating (part 1) Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #726 COMPLETED: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #803 A brief history of HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #826 COMPLETED: Tommy Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1228 COMPLETED: Addams Family Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1287 Rebuilding a backbox lampboard Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Post #1430 Head and Cabinet stripping and repair process Posted by High_End_Pins (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elicash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1524 5 years ago

So do you just use a longer bit (1.5") and drill all the way through the old playfield? Into the new one? Does this ever chip the new clearcoat? Jeesuz that would stress me out. No wonder you drink so much beer!

#1610 5 years ago

I can't wait to see the magic you work on that WH20. I havent seen you work on this game. I have one I hope to one day give the 'wanna be HEP' treatment.

2 weeks later
#1778 5 years ago

Wish I was that judicious about my beer drinking.

3 weeks later
#2122 5 years ago

Beautiful EBD. Those early SS Bally's really do look incredible when pristine.

#2268 5 years ago

Do you use a dremel tool before reinstalling posts? Would love to see your process there.

1 month later
#2736 5 years ago

Chris do you have a beer cellar? I know a lot of beer folks like alittle age on those big stouts and Belgian Quads.

For me it is hard to leave them alone long enough...

1 month later
#3003 5 years ago

Is it me or are your beers getting a little lighter? Is this a springtime thing?

I love the big stouts too, but when weather starts to warm up I fancy an IPA or a crisp German lager.

2 months later
#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Cleaned and polished Edwins Medusa after getting everything dialed back in.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to know what you use to clean/polish playfields. Anything unique? Or just standard stuff like Novus 1?

1 week later
#3798 4 years ago

Is that a mirco playfield? Are you just using the dimples that come from factory or did you need to use the old playfield to move the dimples around?

1 week later
#3885 4 years ago

I will be interested to know if the Mirco BSD playfield has accurate holes and dimples or if you will need to rework this step.

2 months later
#4994 4 years ago

Looks like you have moved away from pop bumper lamps with the stiff metal legs. Is this due to the poor quality? How do you secure those different ones?

2 weeks later
#5173 4 years ago

A question on the coil wrappers -

The quality on those is bad? Has that changed recently? I got a set from Planetary about 2 years ago for my Funhouse restore and I was very happy with the quality. But the set was pricey.

Based on your post, I wonder if they have cut corners (like so many other parts suppliers). That would suck.

2 weeks later
#5307 4 years ago

I am still blown away by your decal edge sanding technique. I just would not have the balls to try that!

2 weeks later
#5487 4 years ago

Interesting to see that just about all of your customers are going with the inner cab side art. Has this become the new standard in a high end restoration? I always thought they looked a little janky. But maybe all the new Sterns using them has changed opinions on these.

4 weeks later
#5707 4 years ago

I think it's safe to say Marco's parts are becoming more and more garbage. As pinball enthusiasts, we should all be vocal to them about this.

1 month later
#6110 4 years ago

I know there are many threads about Mirco quality issues...

And I absolutely LOVE that there is a person/company that is reproducing these playfields....

But Man, I wish the guy had just a little more attention to detail. Those dimples are bad. Those 16th of an inch really matter. Makes it SO much harder for an average hobbyist to replace a playfield.

But thank you to HEP for documenting your process.

1 week later
#6188 4 years ago

do you just belt sand the plastics if they overhang?

3 weeks later
#6383 4 years ago

I would love to see how you set up your gun to achieve the speck finish. I have watched other restore threads on how to do this and it seems pretty difficult. I know Bryan Kelly did a great video on his technique but I find it pretty intimidating to get the right amount without full-on blasting the paint.

1 month later
#6700 3 years ago

Seems as though you are getting Curtis turned on to some quality adult beverages. Nice to see that. Really great that you two can share a beer at end of day.

1 month later
#7119 3 years ago

I notice you are back to using the more traditional style lamp with the long metal leads in the pop bumpers. Did you find a supplier with better quality? Are you still reinforicing them with solder before install?

1 month later
#7446 3 years ago

Will you keep the serial number plate? That is kind of cool. I never have seen this one before.

3 months later
#8144 3 years ago

Wow. Just watched the first video. Someone has to call out who sold that to your customer. Thats criminal.

4 months later
#8810 3 years ago

Was this a mirco play field? How as dimpling and hole alignment?

2 weeks later
#8974 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll reserve judgment until it's done, but not feeling that dragon wall behind the sanctum now that it's installed. Scale is wrong and the art style doesn't really match. As Techno Beaver would say, "I think it's a bit of a blunder."

Love the techno beaver reference. But I think you meant “a bit of a stumble”.

#9026 3 years ago

Beer, exercise, and fresh seafood element to this thread is just as good as the pinball restoration element, IMHO

3 months later
#9770 2 years ago

Who do you source your cabinet decals from and do you use the same supplier for all WPC games?

7 months later
#10827 2 years ago

I’m jealous of that 67 degrees number I see.

#10851 2 years ago

I hate to become the guy who shits on pinball manufacturers / parts companies, but Marco has slid so much in quality. AND - their prices have gotten insane.

I hope hobbyists start holding their feet to the fire.

Not sure what it would take, but I think we all need to start being more vocal.

1 month later
#11086 1 year ago

Boo to the new shooter rod!

1 week later
#11129 1 year ago

In general, do you charge more for an older solid state game with painted cab versus a newer WPC game with decals?

I would love to own any HEP game, but I am honestly most impressed with the work you can do with those older stenciled cabs. Just breath taking. But I imagine high quality paint and stencil versus decal job = higher cost to the customer.

2 months later
#11508 1 year ago

I get it - it’s not my money spent on a HEP game. But that shooter rod was next level trash. Sometimes there is a level so tasteless that it reaches an elite status that must be recognized. Since this is the best thread on pinside - and I might add - one of the highest level restoration threads - I petition for a raunchy element to this game.

2 months later
#11787 1 year ago

Chris (or anyone in this thread), where are you sourcing the oak playfield rails from? Are you making these yourself now? I had purchased from Taylor Reese in the past but he seems to have stopped his operation. At least through pinside. I am looking for a set for a Whirlwind.

#11792 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Anything I can’t get from Taylor I either make myself or reuse the originals.
Hopefully Taylor finds his way back here. He is probably just burned out since it’s an optional source of income and more hobby based for him I believe.
He lives down the road from my parents and has been a friend long before he started making the rails which was a much needed void to fill.
You can do it yourself but he has an extensive library and a lot of specific know how that comes with experience of doing something so frequently.

Well next time you see him tell him we miss him on here! (And ask him for an extra set for Whirlwind )

3 months later
#12043 1 year ago

Is that an NOS playfield or CPR? Looks very nice. Just some mylar at the magnet drop to protect it or something more? Beautiful game.

1 month later
#12277 1 year ago

I’m about 50/50 on cabinet art blades but that TOM theater curtain vibe looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elicash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18?tu=Elicash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.