pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).png
orbit9 (resized).jpg
orbit8 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

207 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,480 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 290.
#2151 5 years ago

Back at the warehouse. New arrival. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Never done one of these before.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2152 5 years ago

I really need to free up some space at the warehouse.

I am going to take some pictures and if you see something you like or want text me at 704-351-2014.

I will start with playfields.
Most Have lamp sockets still attached.
I use them for diagrams when doing swaps do they have helpful notes or tracings I have multiples of some which is why I don’t need them all.
Medusa
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Joker Poker.

Centaur.

TAF1image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

TAF 2

#2153 5 years ago

Black knight set.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Firepower

TZ

Mirco AFM blemished. Some Inserts look like this

#2154 5 years ago

Dude you're the real pinball wizard.

#2155 5 years ago

Tommy

Huge lot of lockbars.
All mostly System 11,WPC,Bally solid state(or other early Bally)and widebodies. Conservative guess is that there are 30 and they are all decent or better because I throw the junk away yet it still accumulates. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Bally boards and displays.
Plenty more of these.

#2156 5 years ago

HEP BLOWOUT Garage SALE Today only .....or until stuff is gone!

#2157 5 years ago

More Bally boards and displays.

#2158 5 years ago

Tommy substitute topper.

#2159 5 years ago

Translite.

Monopoly signed.

Tommy NOS image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

T2

Scared Stiff NOS with NOS lamp panel decal

#2160 5 years ago

More translites

Used Scared stiff(2)
Used(cleaned very nice been saving it)FH

Transformers signed.

Cactus Canyon new probably NOS

Mega Golf Ball Frenzy.
Multiples.

One signed by the OCC cast.

#2161 5 years ago

That’s it for now.

I don’t have a set price on anything this is just clutter to me and I hate clutter so text me with what you are specifically interested in and I will throw a number on it.

#2162 5 years ago

I cant wait to see the Bad Cats....Im putting together parts for one, Its my next project after TOM....

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I cant wait to see the Bad Cats....Im putting together parts for one, Its my next project after TOM....

I am pretty excited about this one too.
I think I will be able to rework the original cabinet and art.
The orange gets a little faded towards the top of the backbox on both sides but really good for one of these.
No holes in the front either.

Playfield looks great for what it is. I am concerned about Mylar removal and clear interaction with the inserts though since it is System 11. Most like will attempt it though.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2164 5 years ago

what wrong with that Bad cats!oh HEP cant wait to see this one! does the customer want original or a HEP spin on it

#2165 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Ground braid path was mapped out with a silver marker.
I don’t copy the factory because I prefer something neater but I do make sure I accomplish the same task. [quoted image]
Fast forward it is braided and built.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi HEP, can you share where you got the Dr Who blades? Love them!

#2166 5 years ago

I have some new cabinets brewing from a new source that just asked me to pay a very fair price and be a guinea pig. Can’t say no to that.

Pictures look very promising.

472CB281-BF80-4FA3-88D1-4AE96F02A40F (resized).jpeg472CB281-BF80-4FA3-88D1-4AE96F02A40F (resized).jpeg66781FBD-C318-4852-98E2-F4B29083C0BD (resized).jpeg66781FBD-C318-4852-98E2-F4B29083C0BD (resized).jpeg0ABB60A1-AFDB-4AAE-8479-1A94389B86C4 (resized).jpeg0ABB60A1-AFDB-4AAE-8479-1A94389B86C4 (resized).jpegA7C47301-CC1D-4640-A231-D748F065005D (resized).jpegA7C47301-CC1D-4640-A231-D748F065005D (resized).jpeg
#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Hi HEP, can you share where you got the Dr Who blades? Love them!

Yes Ma’am. I got those here
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/dr-who

#2168 5 years ago

Awesome thank you!

#2169 5 years ago

So far I traded a topper for beer
Sold a translite ,displays and lockbar for $250 total shipped.
I am quickly remembering why I just throw this stuff away
I feel terrible just tossing it but at the same time it just isn’t even worth packing and shipping the stuff for these offers seriously.
If you are not prepared to spend $100 an item or buy in bulk do not text.
A whole king salmon cost $500 delivered I am not rich nor looking to get rich but please be realistic.

#2170 5 years ago

If you were closer I'd take all the playfeilds , boards, displays and lockbars but shipping would probably be crazy..... and I've looked at the road trip a little too far

#2171 5 years ago

you could have the best garage sale EVER!

#2172 5 years ago

Yesterday’s sale made me feel like Isaac Hayes

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

you could have the best garage sale EVER!

Doubt that as instead of receiving low ball offers via text HEP would just have a lot of people at his garage telling him why all his stuff is not worth anything. Think about it ..... when is the last time anyone has sold anything to someone for the asking price? Let me further elaborate.... when is the last time someone has sold something to a buyer that hasn't tried to get it a lot cheaper. As I always say .... you can put a 100$ bill for sale on Craigslist and the vast majority of people are going to tell you its not worth 100$.

I feel terrible just tossing it but at the same time it just isn’t even worth packing and shipping the stuff for these offers seriously

Completely understand your position as I hate throwing stuff away but in the same sense by the time you list, deal and ship an item most times the amount of time spent is typically not worth it for the $ you make. Just a few suggestions .....

1. Find someone (a single person) that is an avid seller that would be willing to buy all of your "leftover" stuff in bulk. This way you can take everything and get rid of it at one time. I don't think it would be hard for you to find someone to take this on as the stuff you're dealing looks good!
2. Just a thought.....see if your older son would want to take on selling the stuff. Set him up with a Pinside and PayPal (Venmo etc) account and tell him everything he sells he keeps the money.

Again ... just suggestions as in no way am I pushing my thoughts. Just would be a shame to see this stuffed tossed.

#2174 5 years ago

Yesterday’s sale made me feel like Isaac Hayes

LOL so true!!!

#2175 5 years ago

I'd rather donate or toss things in the trash then garage sale it. I have no patience for the people that want to offer you 2 cents on the dollar for things and my Friday/Saturday morning is much more valuable to me than what I could make having a garage sale.

My wife and kid do it occasionally as they for some reason enjoy it but I can't stand being anywhere near it. If it's worth enough, I'll do CL, OU, Ebay, Pinside, etc. but that's about it.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

LOL so true!!!

For the record.When it comes to feeling like Isaac Hayes this is my preference and expectation

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I hate throwing stuff away but in the same sense by the time you list, deal and ship an item most times the amount of time spent is typically not worth it for the $ you make.

I scrounge and sell to buy eveything pin related, stripping down motorcycles, taking used parts home from work the customer didn’t want back. That’s where I get all my hobby money. Selling things on ebay for 20$ here, 50$ there. I hope one day to have the mentality to walk past an opportunity to make a couple hundred bucks. I’m sure you guys worked hard to get where you are. But if I have anything I would consider garbage in my life I could make a few hundo bucks on and help someone out I’d put it in a box and ship it out.

#2178 5 years ago

The frustrations of yesterday made it essential that I get my workout in first thing this morning
I really appreciate the motivation. Had a great one.

If you are interested in ways to get stronger and you are new at it let me suggest a pyramid program

What this means is you start the workout with light weights and continue to add weight with each set until you can’t complete more than five reps then you start taking weight off with each set until you can complete fifteen reps.

Here is an example.
I do most of my lifting as part of a circuit I am no dedicated body builder I am just a guy that enjoys practical fitness.
I do not need to bench 300lbs and I do not need to run a marathon.
What I do need to do is be able to lift my own body weight,maintain muscle as I age and lose it naturally and being able to run up to five miles is reasonable.

#2179 5 years ago

Starting with something light
04E3A52C-1EFF-49B3-AB74-83246C313BAD (resized).jpeg04E3A52C-1EFF-49B3-AB74-83246C313BAD (resized).jpeg

EE86D09B-77ED-483B-BA00-ECE553EA0009 (resized).jpegEE86D09B-77ED-483B-BA00-ECE553EA0009 (resized).jpeg
Then 40
113A2262-C7A8-4F19-8555-042A91C974E1 (resized).jpeg113A2262-C7A8-4F19-8555-042A91C974E1 (resized).jpeg
Then 50
24584ED0-B66A-4964-B338-35DF60A20491 (resized).jpeg24584ED0-B66A-4964-B338-35DF60A20491 (resized).jpeg
Then in reverse
Same thing with the barbell

770573A3-3FBE-4C92-874B-AA3DD8515E43 (resized).jpeg770573A3-3FBE-4C92-874B-AA3DD8515E43 (resized).jpeg
97BDC1DA-416A-45D5-9650-80867CC475DA (resized).jpeg97BDC1DA-416A-45D5-9650-80867CC475DA (resized).jpeg
3BD1C5E6-EBC0-4BD5-A2EF-433C40883656 (resized).jpeg3BD1C5E6-EBC0-4BD5-A2EF-433C40883656 (resized).jpeg

Finish with the rower 500 meters
62DB4243-2126-4E2E-BBF2-5C6AD942DC2E (resized).jpeg62DB4243-2126-4E2E-BBF2-5C6AD942DC2E (resized).jpeg

Results
FC24652F-77B5-4502-B561-2AF3A24A354F (resized).jpegFC24652F-77B5-4502-B561-2AF3A24A354F (resized).jpeg

I get a lot of inquiries about this stuff so I hope it helps someone just as much as the pinball info.
In my adult life I have been as heavy as 255 and and a light as 168lbs so I understand the struggles of being both overweight and really too skinny.

#2180 5 years ago

There's something comforting about an artisan like Chris having similarly messy handwriting as myself, the complete opposite of an artisan

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

There's something comforting about an artisan like Chris having similarly messy handwriting as myself, the complete opposite of an artisan

I have the hands of a surgeon with a razor blade and those of a first grader with a pen. It is a very strange situation.

#2182 5 years ago

Okay. I can now get back to pinball Dr Who.
Next step is to sand and final polish the playfield.

As it cures there is a tightness that develops and there may be minor specks of dust that were not visible but now are as it tightens. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2183 5 years ago

People often think of fine grits of sandpaper when prepping for polishing and they do have their place in the process but in order to truly flatten imperfections a more aggressive grit is needed so you don’t simply round them off but cut them flat.

I start with 500 grit. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

This cuts it nice and flat.

Now I can start working the 500 grit abrasions out
This is where the finer grits come in
I jump right to 1000
800 would also be a step before if desired but it can lead to oversanding as well so I am comfortable going to 1000image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2184 5 years ago

Next is 1200 but there is one small detail
I will turn the playfield 180 degrees so I am sanding it in the opposite direction.
While the sander itself is random my motions are not so this is a way to compensate for that and make sure I am hitting those previous grits from opposing directions.

#2185 5 years ago

Now 1500 grit. Staying in the opposite direction.

#2186 5 years ago

Now spin it again and hit it with a new piece of 1500

#2187 5 years ago

Finally adding a soft interface pad

2000 grit solid no holes.
One new piece for each direction.

#2188 5 years ago

Sanding complete time to polish.

11 sheets of paper used at a cost of roughly $2 per so $22 to sand it which might be a surprise to some people image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2189 5 years ago

Ready to polish.
This is a heavy wood table top covered with a shipping blanket.

The playfield is screwed down to that table in the t nut recesses. This will hold it down. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Compound and starting with a wool pad.
I don’t like foam because I think it builds more concentrated heat than the loose pile of wool.

#2190 5 years ago

Polished for the first time in this direction. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Just like the sanding it is spun and can now be polished in the opposite direction

#2191 5 years ago

Did tons of pyramids in the military. Some of the best work out regimens. Also we did one day burn outs a week. Where you work lowest start weight in pyramids and do as many reps as possible with 2 minute intervals, 3 reps.
My wife really misses my military bod as she calls it!!

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Did tons of pyramids in the military. Some of the best work out regimens. Also we did one day burn outs a week. Where you work lowest start weight in pyramids and do as many reps as possible with 2 minute intervals, 3 reps.
My wife really misses my military bod as she calls it!!

Sounds awesome. Thank you for your service.

#2193 5 years ago

First round of polishing is complete.

Now I move to a finer pad and compound just like the sanding.

#2194 5 years ago

Thank you, And Thank you for all these Awesome posts! Learning a lot!!

#2195 5 years ago

Final polishing is done
Playfield isn’t perfect due to some limitations in terms of process but it will look great in the game as a total package.

Next step will be cleaning the holes free of compound.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2196 5 years ago

A quick follow up on the items I threw up spontaneously yesterday and also the comments I made.

A few texted me to apologize for their offers.
No need to worry about that at all. I am not offended.
I have been doing this a long time I know the drill and I set myself up for that not having clear prices on the stuff.
I will let basically anything pictured go for a very fair price but when people offer $25 for a lockbar shipped to CA it just isn’t realistic
Four of them shipped to CA for $125 is
This is what I am getting at.
Hope that clears it up and again
No offense meant nor taken.

#2197 5 years ago

Now for the underside
I want to sand it clean but I want to maintain my color mapping since I am less familiar with DR Who.

#2198 5 years ago

Sanded clean and enough mapping left behind to reference.
The mapping is strategic on this one so the parts will cover it as it assembled.
If that isn’t true here or there I will remove the reference as it builds.

#2199 5 years ago

Beautiful day outside today.
Looks and feels more like spring than winter.
Going to take a few spins around the block.

I put the music of my youth on and I swear I feel just like I did when I was 14 just don’t have a desitination in mind like I did back then.
Back then it was a girls house or 7 eleven
These days it is a silly challenge on my
watch. The realities of being an adult
A14CA078-FB3D-403E-8380-7DCEE658CE1B (resized).pngA14CA078-FB3D-403E-8380-7DCEE658CE1B (resized).png

#2200 5 years ago

A quick follow up on the items I threw up spontaneously yesterday and also the comments I made.
A few texted me to apologize for their offers.
No need to worry about that at all. I am not offended.
I have been doing this a long time I know the drill and I set myself up for that not having clear prices on the stuff.
I will let basically anything pictured go for a very fair price but when people offer $25 for a lockbar shipped to CA it just isn’t realistic
Four of them shipped to CA for $125 is
This is what I am getting at.
Hope that clears it up and again
No offense meant nor taken.

I think the big issue with most people is they don't understand the value of time. They understand the value of their time and want to get paid well when they are working but they don't place a value on time when it comes to people they are trying to do business with. Being self employed almost my entire adult life I have had to deal with this for over 40 years. When a friend or relative needs something they always say something like "I figured I would ask you since you don't have to go to work". They just don't get the fact that when you are self employed you are basically working all the time.

Realistically if you are self employed and you can't make $40 to $50 an hour (or more) these days you are living in poverty. Doing someone a favor is one thing but asking a plumber to do cheap plumbing work for you is not asking for a favor you are asking them to give valuable time away. Most people don't mind doing someone a favor from time to time but that is different than asking someone to give time away.

Asking for a cheap deal from you and expecting you to ship that item is basically asking you to work for free. That isn't you doing someone a favor that is being taken advantage of but some people just don't get that. You are in the pinball restoration business not in the provide cheap parts to people as part of a hobby.

Anyway - as you said earlier - you knew what to expect! Keep up the great work Chris!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 14,480 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 290.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/44?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.