IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0034 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

208 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,500 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 290.
#11101 1 year ago

Sopranos playfield is sanded and polished

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11103 1 year ago

IJ 1 playfield sanded and polished.

#11104 1 year ago

ES playfield GM cleared. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Final clear on the HEP MX tanks and number plate.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11105 1 year ago

Burco is the direction I'm looking for. There also might be a better way to Google to find the proper type than I had been doing. Thank you.

Quoted from High_End_Pins:

These might be tough to get.I usually have to jump through hoops to get them myself.They require you are in the business or buy from a retailer but no one ever stocks them.
I could possibly organize a group buy.
https://burcoinc.com/english/products/windshield-racks/windshield-stand/windshield-prep-stand

I'll work a little bit harder on my end here.. I have a friend of mine that runs an auto body shop in my town.. He may have a direction for me. Group buy may be a good possibility though as well if the interest level was there. Thanks

#11106 1 year ago

I am just about ready to assemble the first IJ of five.

8B3597C8-9FD7-4EF2-B8F7-87DB87690A3A (resized).jpeg8B3597C8-9FD7-4EF2-B8F7-87DB87690A3A (resized).jpegA2D72A18-231E-4EF9-A669-3C2A8A242B40 (resized).jpegA2D72A18-231E-4EF9-A669-3C2A8A242B40 (resized).jpegF96167B1-BB57-4273-9730-1D4EF42D9222 (resized).jpegF96167B1-BB57-4273-9730-1D4EF42D9222 (resized).jpeg
#11107 1 year ago

I am just about ready to assemble the first IJ of five. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you doing them in parallel, or serial, one after the other?

#11108 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you doing them in parallel, or serial, one after the other?

Most likely one right on the heels of the next.

#11109 1 year ago

Prototype FH is closing out.
Playfield,metal condition and boards were a real issue for this one.
I rebuilt it in the more sloppy factory style using standard bulbs.
Trying to make it look more like a nice survivor than a show piece although some things just always tend to look a bit nicer than original.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11110 1 year ago

Trying to make it look more like a nice survivor than a show piece

You have failed.
It looks like a showpiece

Your work amazes me.

Matt.

#11111 1 year ago

FH prototype is all done.
Might make it outside for some proper photos.

#11112 1 year ago

IJ 1 is coming together. 5B1D1959-174C-4128-9380-CAA782621F66 (resized).jpeg5B1D1959-174C-4128-9380-CAA782621F66 (resized).jpeg
Amazon sucks!Why even leave this?2AF3BCF0-0A51-42F2-8215-89D6B52541E9 (resized).jpeg2AF3BCF0-0A51-42F2-8215-89D6B52541E9 (resized).jpeg

#11113 1 year ago

IJ 1 is coming together. [quoted image]
Amazon sucks!Why even leave this?[quoted image]

Because the water didn't leak out yet? <G>

///Rich

#11114 1 year ago

IJ 1 is coming together. [quoted image]
Amazon sucks!Why even leave this?[quoted image]

Man, the other day, I got an amazon delivery and it was a bubble mailer with nothing in it. Wasn't even sealed with the adhesive seal.

#11115 1 year ago

Prototype Funhouse (SV) Finished.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11116 1 year ago

Prototype Funhouse playfield.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11117 1 year ago

Prototype FH inside. Factory style.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11118 1 year ago

Hello Chris, thanks for sharing, I have been inspired by you for many years, I wanted to ask you how you restore the acrylic panels of the DMD displays. It is something that is difficult for me to leave well.
Thank you and a big hug from Argentina.

#11119 1 year ago
Quoted from PabloCuper:

Hello Chris, thanks for sharing, I have been inspired by you for many years, I wanted to ask you how you restore the acrylic panels of the DMD displays. It is something that is difficult for me to leave well.
Thank you and a big hug from Argentina.

Hi Pablo.
I normally remove the panel.
Wash it.
Polish it with a polished like you would a playfield.
If there are severe scratches I sand it as well as I can. With 800,1200 then 1500 grit then polish.
I believe Radium has a pretty thorough thread on this process.

#11120 1 year ago

This is probably a stupid question but how do you move the finished machines outside for pictures? Harbor freight lift table? You and Curtis manhandling them? Some other awesome method I've never even thought of?

#11121 1 year ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

This is probably a stupid question but how do you move the finished machines outside for pictures? Harbor freight lift table? You and Curtis manhandling them? Some other awesome method I've never even thought of?

Just a pinball dolly. Usually solo. Pretty used to wrestling these things around but having a helper is always better.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11122 1 year ago

The HEP MX project is starting to wrap up.

6D784C79-EC2E-45B6-886A-46B9C07A0A15 (resized).jpeg6D784C79-EC2E-45B6-886A-46B9C07A0A15 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11123 1 year ago

Those spokes turned out well

#11124 1 year ago

Looks like you might need to start a new HEP This Weekend thread

#11125 1 year ago

FH prototype is wrapped up and on the way out.
Need to fully crate this one and send it overseas.
I dread that process on both fronts.
Wood cost a fortune theses days. They are so strict about the certification of it when shipping overseas.
The customs paperwork is typically a pain it’s never right for one reason or another.
I am glad this is my last one to deal with.
I wish it were easier.

#11126 1 year ago

FH prototype is wrapped up and on the way out.
Need to fully crate this one and send it overseas.
I dread that process on both fronts.
Wood cost a fortune theses days. They are so strict about the certification of it when shipping overseas.
The customs paperwork is typically a pain it’s never right for one reason or another.
I am glad this is my last one to deal with.
I wish it were easier.

09089CC0-18BC-48E0-97CA-DD8ACA8896BF (resized).jpeg09089CC0-18BC-48E0-97CA-DD8ACA8896BF (resized).jpeg

Forgot the picture

#11127 1 year ago

Sorcerer moves in the FH spot.
This is down to a playfield swap at this point.

#11128 1 year ago

Refinished the IJ 1 trim along with the ES apron.
The IJ trim was powder coated but the finish just wasn’t quite good enough to use it as it was.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11129 1 year ago

In general, do you charge more for an older solid state game with painted cab versus a newer WPC game with decals?

I would love to own any HEP game, but I am honestly most impressed with the work you can do with those older stenciled cabs. Just breath taking. But I imagine high quality paint and stencil versus decal job = higher cost to the customer.

#11130 1 year ago
Quoted from Elicash:

In general, do you charge more for an older solid state game with painted cab versus a newer WPC game with decals?
I would love to own any HEP game, but I am honestly most impressed with the work you can do with those older stenciled cabs. Just breath taking. But I imagine high quality paint and stencil versus decal job = higher cost to the customer.

Definitely. Painted cabinets especially using this process and these materials are way more labor intensive and expensive to pull off so it has to be accounted for.
Decals are a cheap and easy means of getting art down. Painting it is much harder especially on the complex ones.The prep being equal all the way around although it gets amplified a bit more for painted cabinets.

It’s still relatively cheap though compared to other situations where you would do something similar on a different subject matter.

#11131 1 year ago

Putting IJ up on legs.
The latest run of legs that I am receiving are of the ruining variety.
I have really scaled back on ordering parts lately hoping these things will dry up and a good run will replace them.
The issue is they are not crimped properly or that is to say the crimp is too tight. 2E3DAA69-D69D-4025-A44F-4A1A2B50B873 (resized).jpeg2E3DAA69-D69D-4025-A44F-4A1A2B50B873 (resized).jpeg
If placed even over a cabinet protector they will dig into the cabinet.
Solution is to use something thicker to anchor the protect. This will push the tight crimp off the cabinet. 9BBCE22E-A786-4B88-A53A-CCF188AD82A7 (resized).jpeg9BBCE22E-A786-4B88-A53A-CCF188AD82A7 (resized).jpeg
Works well. Constantly having to find solutions to problems that should not exist.

999D4E4A-6BB4-45B4-8BF6-72AB75031559 (resized).jpeg999D4E4A-6BB4-45B4-8BF6-72AB75031559 (resized).jpeg
#11132 1 year ago

IJ is up on legs with its trim now.
Most people request brass but I really prefer black on this game it just flows well with the corners. Mi will fill in the colors on the corners laters. Alignment is good. Had to sand and polish the decals. They had lots of trash in the finish but IJ art is a challenge to find.

1E9B0877-7579-459E-9383-3FE6DE07D701 (resized).jpeg1E9B0877-7579-459E-9383-3FE6DE07D701 (resized).jpeg6F18B838-5B3B-43A2-BDB7-F3935F74681C (resized).jpeg6F18B838-5B3B-43A2-BDB7-F3935F74681C (resized).jpegB5FE744C-D9E3-4A14-B0F2-9ED90A51D200 (resized).jpegB5FE744C-D9E3-4A14-B0F2-9ED90A51D200 (resized).jpegBCB02A85-8049-4053-9438-89EAF2F0E552 (resized).jpegBCB02A85-8049-4053-9438-89EAF2F0E552 (resized).jpegFFFC0DD9-B615-4B4C-A012-D3636D89D5E3 (resized).jpegFFFC0DD9-B615-4B4C-A012-D3636D89D5E3 (resized).jpeg
#11133 1 year ago

Putting IJ up on legs.
The latest run of legs that I am receiving are of the ruining variety.
I have really scaled back on ordering parts lately hoping these things will dry up and a good run will replace them.
The issue is they are not crimped properly or that is to say the crimp is too tight. [quoted image]
If placed even over a cabinet protector they will dig into the cabinet.
Solution is to use something thicker to anchor the protect. This will push the tight crimp off the cabinet. [quoted image]
Works well. Constantly having to find solutions to problems that should not exist.
[quoted image]

Have you tried widening the crimp prior to prep/paint? Maybe a wooden or metal jig could be made, so you can address that quickly when you spot the issue.

#11134 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Have you tried widening the crimp prior to prep/paint? Maybe a wooden or metal jig could be made, so you can address that quickly when you spot the issue.

Yes. I actually put these in my 20 ton press but I probably would need to make something that would perfect it and make it consistent like a jig as you mentioned.
Getting pretty ridiculous really though if you have to start modifying everything ,even every single new leg before you can even use it.
I am not so much complaining as I am trying to sound the alarm.
So many problems these days. Parts out of stock for months on end.
Terrible runs of common parts etc.
Not sure if they know or care but please.
Fix It!!!

#11135 1 year ago

No kidding, Chris - black legs/armor on IJ is definitely the way to go!

#11136 1 year ago

Yes. I actually put these in my 20 ton press but I probably would need to make something that would perfect it and make it consistent like a jig as you mentioned.
Getting pretty ridiculous really though if you have to start modifying everything ,even every single new leg before you can even use it.
I am not so much complaining as I am trying to sound the alarm.
So many problems these days. Parts out of stock for months on end.
Terrible runs of common parts etc.
Not sure if they know or care but please.
Fix It!!!

Set up High End Parts with Curtis and have him run it. You know what the problem parts are, and you will not be the cheapest parts, you will be the best. The market would support that. Win/win!

#11137 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Set up High End Parts with Curtis and have him run it. You know what the problem parts are, and you will not be the cheapest parts, you will be the best. The market would support that. Win/win!

I wish however

FB4D607E-DC9A-493F-82F2-F24E20897FB0.gifFB4D607E-DC9A-493F-82F2-F24E20897FB0.gif
#11138 1 year ago

ES up on legs.

#11139 1 year ago

Chris, have you tried a set of these from Mantis? Bought a couple sets at Pinfest, they seem much thicker than the normal Stern ones I have gotten from PBL.

https://mantispinball.com/?s=leg

#11140 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Chris, have you tried a set of these from Mantis? Bought a couple sets at Pinfest, they seem much thicker than the normal Stern ones I have gotten from PBL.
https://mantispinball.com/?s=leg

Yeah. Kerry makes great stuff. My only issue with those personally is I think they make the legs sit just a little too far off the cabinet but I can be super critical about things that might not matter to most.

#11141 1 year ago

I did a search for Cyclone in the thread and I was amazed to not find any restorations.. have you never restored a cyclone? it seems kind of crazy with all the different ones you have done. Any others you have never done you kinda wish you could?

#11142 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I did a search for Cyclone in the thread and I was amazed to not find any restorations.. have you never restored a cyclone? it seems kind of crazy with all the different ones you have done. Any others you have never done you kinda wish you could?

This thread came along well into HEP's history. Take a look at these links:

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/v/Examples-of-the-restoration-process_0/album21

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/v/Finished-Games/album394

#11143 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Yes I have done one plus many others not represented here in this thread. Lots of new titles coming up as well.
I restore whatever people send me so that’s part of the fun.

#11144 1 year ago

I set my old shop computer back up so I could have easier access to teardown pictures in a different building and I had to laugh at some of the old ones.
Here’s one from 19 years ago. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
All manually masked. No frisket. It’s probably my first Earthshaker. Lawn chair for a workbench

#11145 1 year ago

19 years of HEP work The methods my have changed and got more better tools. But did you ever realize this would still be going and seeing the last few pics of off site wait list is no stopping the your quality. You even got family helping you now. So whats Maverick official job at HEP enterprise?

#11146 1 year ago
Quoted from cp1610:

19 years of HEP work The methods my have changed and got more better tools. But did you ever realize this would still be going and seeing the last few pics of off site wait list is no stopping the your quality. You even got family helping you now. So whats Maverick official job at HEP enterprise?

Man When I look back at those old pictures and realize how hard things were back then it’s crazy.
No parts hardly at all repair pretty much everything. No blueprints or true standards. Figure it out as you go and try to raise the bar every time.

From 2000 to 2004 it was just a hobby.
2004 I thought I would take the summer off they were installing new paint booths and we were pretty shut down. Income was getting the squeeze from insurance regulations.
Never went back (yes I am proud and not too humble to admit they begged me )
I seriously doubt it was the best choice financially but I have never been too financially driven.
What’s most interesting about it was I worked hard from 2004-2006 to really start to establish and grow HEP.
Quickly I realized that was just as much of a grind as any other job and over the years I continue to try to scale it back more and more.
My goals are strictly personal. There is an obvious need to generate enough income to make ends meet and that’s it.
I can and am only going to do so much so fast.
I would rather do 15-20 games a year that I am truly proud of than see how many I can get through here to please someone else or make a few more dollars.
Maverick is definitely in charge of vetting the in person customers.

#11147 1 year ago

Building up the first IJ playfield. 2AAC83C4-2B03-49B3-8E26-B716F3D778CD (resized).jpeg2AAC83C4-2B03-49B3-8E26-B716F3D778CD (resized).jpeg
I am always trying to solve that design flaw know as the mode start hole.
Trying a couple things this time around.
I have found ways to improve it but I would love really solve it around here.
High hopes for this set up we will see. 78B9CDF8-23D0-4EA9-844F-00218FE2BEDE (resized).jpeg78B9CDF8-23D0-4EA9-844F-00218FE2BEDE (resized).jpeg
Also lowered the saucer.
99D93B49-3FA4-46DE-86F8-52068D27E40F (resized).jpeg99D93B49-3FA4-46DE-86F8-52068D27E40F (resized).jpeg
This one is pretty rough so all new switches targets etc.

93045565-80DC-4DC8-B57A-C591D426DC7F (resized).jpeg93045565-80DC-4DC8-B57A-C591D426DC7F (resized).jpegA2028629-D20C-4241-A066-9F175B76B6C3 (resized).jpegA2028629-D20C-4241-A066-9F175B76B6C3 (resized).jpegBE101217-334D-4D5F-9387-0869BB15A600 (resized).jpegBE101217-334D-4D5F-9387-0869BB15A600 (resized).jpeg
#11148 1 year ago

That's a neat trick, Chris. I bet lowering that receiver plastic helps with the infamous mode start rejects.

#11149 1 year ago

I had really good luck with these:
Fits in the same holes as the original.
Mr Pinball in the UK stopped making them so I sent Cliffy my last one to copy, he did a great job.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ijpros.htm

ij-deflect-compare02 (resized).jpgij-deflect-compare02 (resized).jpgij-mode-def004a (resized).jpgij-mode-def004a (resized).jpg
#11150 1 year ago

i like the no bracket with deadbounce foam in the back, lower saucer of course, i get like 99% on forehand and 100% on backhand shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 14,500 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 290.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/223?hl=becker34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.