IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1169 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 296.
#10601 2 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Okay I think I am back for a bit.
Depending on how much interest continues with the thread I will try to get back to keeping it current.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris, this thread is amazing. I know the feeling of creating content that feels like, "the same 'ol thing" over and over again. It is hard to stay motivated to post when you don't feel like you are adding anything original. I definitely don't feel that is the case with this thread.

One of the things that you have done, and I found incredibly interesting, was to document the machine "as received" and point out any particular challenge you may face. I am sure every restore has a unique challenge - you have done a great job, over the years, highlighting what makes each individual restore a different flavor.

One thing that is important is to make sure that it is interesting to you. What do you enjoy posting? If it seems like too much of a chore then it probably isn't worth it.

#10602 2 years ago

While there are other good high quality pinball restorers out there, HEP sets the standard when it comes to quality, professionalism, and detailed sharing of restoration methods. I never grow tired of watching the best at something perform their craft. As others have said, you also bring other elements into the thread (family, lifestyle, etc.) that make you even more relatable to those of us who admire and respect your work even if we may never become actual customers.

I'm sure you may struggle on occasion between taking time to share your work verses spending the time just doing it, but whatever efforts you are willing to share you must know they are greatly and sincerely appreciated by the pinball community.

#10603 2 years ago

Chris, count me in as another who wants as much HEP content as you can post. <thumbs up> Thanks!

#10604 2 years ago

Depending on how much interest continues with the thread I will try to get back to keeping it current.
Never hurting for work nor content but often it seems redundant when your on your sixth TZ of the thread or something like that.
No complaints from me I like the familiarity but I don’t know how interesting it is.
Wrapping up this TAF.Still need to detail a few things but it’s a nice standard build. No chrome no powder no real mods.
Just quality upgrades like a colordmd ,flipper opto boards,detachable cord receptacle set up,LED OCD couple ,fused magnet board color coordinate improvements.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I echo what others have said. Nice to have a thread where we can all learn and get ideas with a positive twist on the hobby. Oscar

#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Keep it coming Chris! Even if it is similar, I'm always learning something new whenever you post. Plus let's face it, this is a lot of people's favorite thread on Pinside so it doesn't really matter whether it's the same game, dog pics, grilling pics, exercise pics or rebuilding a dirt bike we'll tune in just the same to watch the HEP magic

Glad to hear it.
Been a busy morning.
It had another project coming in. Shipped that one as cheap as possible so they would only give me a four hour window.
Can’t bang around my warehouse for four hours so I worked out. Nice day for what I like to call the driveway core Doesn’t take much a few different balls,a kettlebell a jump rope and a decent straight away to sprint down. 75347C5D-C747-4070-B733-7035A7C80C5A (resized).jpeg75347C5D-C747-4070-B733-7035A7C80C5A (resized).jpeg47936175-FF9E-43AB-A76E-93D82AAC4DD7 (resized).jpeg47936175-FF9E-43AB-A76E-93D82AAC4DD7 (resized).jpeg
Pretty effective when time is short. F4BA71E6-6843-4366-ADB9-05F038A5C60A (resized).pngF4BA71E6-6843-4366-ADB9-05F038A5C60A (resized).png
Then they called and said “Are you here ?” Even though it says call 30 minutes prior to delivery!!
Anyway we got that.
2692B5D8-4147-4EB0-A53F-3187664F3ACC (resized).jpeg2692B5D8-4147-4EB0-A53F-3187664F3ACC (resized).jpeg
Nice farm fresh project. No chain,anything that can leak some type of fluid is,rusty various webs and nest in it. Had it shipped to the warehouse to keep it cheap.
EF0A9320-D791-465F-A984-C2A1A10E7C3C (resized).jpegEF0A9320-D791-465F-A984-C2A1A10E7C3C (resized).jpeg
That gives me two more to do. The other has been on the dirt all the way across the country since 1974. A9B78E0E-C4CB-45CF-87E2-89881460DB0A (resized).jpegA9B78E0E-C4CB-45CF-87E2-89881460DB0A (resized).jpeg73F156BE-164A-4A44-82CA-6AEF7486511B (resized).jpeg73F156BE-164A-4A44-82CA-6AEF7486511B (resized).jpeg

#10606 2 years ago

Ace!

#10607 2 years ago

Count me in for more content. I love watching your YouTube posts over and over too.

#10608 2 years ago

Alternate Tommy cabinet is fully built and wired.
I have been dragging my feet on finishing it because it isn’t leaving for a couple more weeks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10609 2 years ago

I set the two HEP repacks up.
The TOTAN needs little. Was done about 12 years ago. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Brass is a little tarnished. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Interior art must have been added later looks to have a cut in it. Might have been needed to get it in there with the playfield still in?image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Had these oversized protectors on it unfortunately. Not from me. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
It survived that pretty well. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
I am going to redo the corners anyway so will try to salvage the current cabinet art. It’s really nice otherwise.
Playfield still looks great. Back when you had to fix a bunch of ghosted inserts and repaint half of it. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Just a sliver at the lock insert. Respectable for an original WPC-95. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Still clean inside.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10610 2 years ago

The CC needs a a bit more. It’s in the same condition as the TOTAN

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10611 2 years ago

Except for the leg areas. Damn these things!!!!image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

This was the actual restoration of it. Back then. Big thanks to Mr T.and Radium for getting my gallery straight. I was worried I was going to have to scrap it.

Just realized it’s this one.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/v/Examples-of-the-restoration-process_0/album208/

The other had a new cabinet. This one did not.

#10612 2 years ago

Depending on how much interest continues with the thread I will try to get back to keeping it current....
No complaints from me I like the familiarity but I don’t know how interesting it is.

As a long time lurker on this thread and a solid novice with one pin, Pin•Bot, in my house I want you to know that I look forward to each post of this thread. I learn something each time you do something whether you have done it 100 times or it is the first. And sometimes you may have documented something many times, but I was not ready to internalize it.

That said, it clearly takes an enormous amount of time and we are all appreciative of your magnanimous efforts to inform and mentor us. We understand fully why some days, weeks or months it's hard. And we ALL wish we had your skills.

///Rich

#10613 2 years ago

R U kidding Chris-you are WAY too modest-embrace it man !! Get Maverick as your agent-Lol
This is the most chill,Easy going thread on Pinside...Keep it coming if you have the time and energy !! Belgian Wheat Beers here.
Thanks for all the pins and your life stories and tribulations in such a way that only you can deliver... We all share in everything you have shared !!

#10614 2 years ago

Yes keep them coming, best consistent thread I have in my favourites.
Keep the pins, food,beer, family, health, Reno’s, household appliances and dirt bikes coming and whatever else comes into the shop for an improvement.

#10615 2 years ago

I never get bored with repeats, I get bored if there’s no new posts to read! Personally I like to learn more about techniques, like how you handle specific things like cleaning metal, polishing, fixing hard to replace or obsolete mechs, all the little odds and ends kind of details. But please don’t ever stop!!

#10616 2 years ago

Chris,

As you know from our various conversations like many others I am "over the top impressed" by everything you do. The quality of your work is second to none but your business aptitude and organizational skills are just as impressive as your work. Then add the fact that you keep this tread positive regardless of the conversation and the fact you are willing to share your knowledge & abilities with others and this thread is by far the best thing on Pinside.

Even though we "walked away from the hobby" a couple years ago and I am really not actively doing much with pinball machines or the hobby I still check in to see what you have posted pretty much everyday.

Keep the post coming when you have the time. Regardless of what you are doing or posting I know there are a good many of us that really enjoy them.

THANKS for everything!
Skip

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10617 2 years ago

I never get tired of any of the HEP content. One of the very best threads/channels ever!

Chris - are you expending your services to bike restorations?

#10618 2 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I never get tired of any of the HEP content. One of the very best threads/channels ever!
Chris - are you expending your services to bike restorations?

Thanks.
No certain plans for anything else yet just going with the tide.
I could probably pick a lot of different things to do or services to offer. Pinballs the toughest one.
While we see numerous people restore their games to whatever their comfort level is that’s actually not the tough part.
The hard part is doing it at a quality level,speed and consistency that can cover overhead and leave something behind to pay the bills.
That’s a grind and it’s one for me that’s getting a bit harder to handle with the influx of new blood in the hobby. The attention spans and patience are short.
The work isn’t a problem,quality isn’t a problem but production is.
Much of that is because games are much rougher and there are so many extras these days that it took something that is already super tedious and slow and made it even more so.
Turnarounds for things like board repairs and plating are quadruple what they were and unreliable.
The solution is ultimately to shrink my backlog and charge more for my services but it takes time even when you know that is the needed direction.

#10619 2 years ago

Plan B is a good idea though.

#10620 2 years ago

The solution is ultimately to shrink my backlog and charge more for my services but it takes time even when you know that is the needed direction.

Charge what you're worth. The work you have shown is world-class, museum quality. You should be compensated accordingly. If you raise your prices enough you'll find the cash flow is about the same, but the amount of work is more manageable.

#10621 2 years ago

I usually don't like to add my comments to thread. There's enough people adding their own comments that you don't need someone else doing the same thing. I am seeing a similar thing from a different perspective and I think it's good to see things from a different perspective.

To set some background ... I have done playfield and mechanical restoration but nowadays I seem to be caught in the electronics world and have not touched the mechanical aspect of a pinball machine for about two to three years now.

The hard part is doing it at a quality level,speed and consistency that can cover overhead and leave something behind to pay the bills.

Reminds me of the old saying: You can have it done fast, properly or cheap ... but you can only have two of them.

My situation is a little different. I don't do what I do to pay the bills. I would like something to help fund the research and development that I already put into things but I started this as a learning and exploratory experience. I never expected to recover my costs for me but with the increased interest it would be nice to get some of it back while helping others. I'm not a charity although sometimes I feel like one.

That’s a grind and it’s one for me that’s getting a bit harder to handle with the influx of new blood in the hobby. The attention spans and patience are short.

I have seen this. There are some people that want their stuff now and want it for free (or reduced priced). It's only when you start doing things yourself that you realize how much work (time and money) is involved.

I think that a lot of the new blood don't realize that it was only about five years ago that some parts were next to impossible to find. I remember when I got my first Addams Family that had mansion wear and people were talking about the mansion overlay and sanding the inserts to install the overlay. Or magnet burn and how it reduced the value of a machine. Reproduction playfields were impossible to find. There was only the IPB reproduction that was impossible to find. Then CPR had a limited run of 300 playfields. Impossible to get in the waitlist. Nowadays there are Addams Family playfields everywhere bring digitally printed on demand. This has also added to expectations.

From an electronics standpoint Rottendog was the only player in the game. WPC-95 AV boards were impossible to find at one time. People were gutting Congos and NBA Fastbreaks for their AV boards to keep their Medieval Madness running. Nowadays there are many players in the market. This is good. Each manufacturer offers slightly different things so the buyer should be aware of the differences. I believe, however, that most people that fall into the new blood territory don't care and just want their machine working for the lowest cost available. That's almost certainly not the HEP market.

The work isn’t a problem,quality isn’t a problem but production is.

Same problem. I got boards. I can build them. I can't build them in a reasonable time frame to my designated quality level. In short ... I don't scale. Artisan work never scales.

Much of that is because games are much rougher and there are so many extras these days that it took something that is already super tedious and slow and made it even more so.

From an electronics standpoint there are still plenty of alkaline damaged boards (akin to rough base game) out there. I stopped repairing those boards because it's just easier to build a new one but from a mechanical aspect it's much harder to just build a new bracket or assembly. Someone more experienced in metal works might disagree but there are few (if any) people who have experience in every aspect that a pinball machine touches to have expertise enough to build their own.

Turnarounds for things like board repairs and plating are quadruple what they were and unreliable.

My opinion is that it's even harder to find a quality repair technician that does good work that is reliable. I have fixed far too many boards that were worked on by people that should not have gone anywhere near a board (at least not without supervision). The reliable technicians then become swamped and you end up back at the impatient owner camp.

Yep. I'm in exactly the same boat. I have a new board building scheme that I have been thinking of for a while that will help me get my time back - for me. I find I am spending more time for everybody other than me. This is not sustainable. Ultimately there needs to be a balance that is sustainable because if you stop providing your services then EVERYONE loses because your quality restoration services will no longer be available. Nobody wants that. I am sure I can definitely say that everyone wants HEP to continue for many years to come!

#10622 2 years ago

First time getting wood in a while.
2x4s that were $4 something are now $8 something.
Sheets of plywood that were $30 are over $65

Blankets that were 7.99 are $20.
Just since December!!
I have never in my lifetime seen prices jump so high so fast. It’s crazy!!!!
I usually charge $175 to pack a game. At these prices my true cost is closer to $250 with free labor.
Anyway. I am good just going to have to make some adjustments and this is a small example of what my concerns are today and why it’s relevant.

#10623 2 years ago

TAF is wrapped up. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Ready to focus on the final leg of the Tommy journey. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10624 2 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I usually don't like to add my comments to thread. There's enough people adding their own comments that you don't need someone else doing the same thing. I am seeing a similar thing from a different perspective and I think it's good to see things from a different perspective.
To set some background ... I have done playfield and mechanical restoration but nowadays I seem to be caught in the electronics world and have not touched the mechanical aspect of a pinball machine for about two to three years now.

Reminds me of the old saying: You can have it done fast, properly or cheap ... but you can only have two of them.
My situation is a little different. I don't do what I do to pay the bills. I would like something to help fund the research and development that I already put into things but I started this as a learning and exploratory experience. I never expected to recover my costs for me but with the increased interest it would be nice to get some of it back while helping others. I'm not a charity although sometimes I feel like one.

I have seen this. There are some people that want their stuff now and want it for free (or reduced priced). It's only when you start doing things yourself that you realize how much work (time and money) is involved.
I think that a lot of the new blood don't realize that it was only about five years ago that some parts were next to impossible to find. I remember when I got my first Addams Family that had mansion wear and people were talking about the mansion overlay and sanding the inserts to install the overlay. Or magnet burn and how it reduced the value of a machine. Reproduction playfields were impossible to find. There was only the IPB reproduction that was impossible to find. Then CPR had a limited run of 300 playfields. Impossible to get in the waitlist. Nowadays there are Addams Family playfields everywhere bring digitally printed on demand. This has also added to expectations.
From an electronics standpoint Rottendog was the only player in the game. WPC-95 AV boards were impossible to find at one time. People were gutting Congos and NBA Fastbreaks for their AV boards to keep their Medieval Madness running. Nowadays there are many players in the market. This is good. Each manufacturer offers slightly different things so the buyer should be aware of the differences. I believe, however, that most people that fall into the new blood territory don't care and just want their machine working for the lowest cost available. That's almost certainly not the HEP market.

Same problem. I got boards. I can build them. I can't build them in a reasonable time frame to my designated quality level. In short ... I don't scale. Artisan work never scales.

From an electronics standpoint there are still plenty of alkaline damaged boards (akin to rough base game) out there. I stopped repairing those boards because it's just easier to build a new one but from a mechanical aspect it's much harder to just build a new bracket or assembly. Someone more experienced in metal works might disagree but there are few (if any) people who have experience in every aspect that a pinball machine touches to have expertise enough to build their own.

My opinion is that it's even harder to find a quality repair technician that does good work that is reliable. I have fixed far too many boards that were worked on by people that should not have gone anywhere near a board (at least not without supervision). The reliable technicians then become swamped and you end up back at the impatient owner camp.

Yep. I'm in exactly the same boat. I have a new board building scheme that I have been thinking of for a while that will help me get my time back - for me. I find I am spending more time for everybody other than me. This is not sustainable. Ultimately there needs to be a balance that is sustainable because if you stop providing your services then EVERYONE loses because your quality restoration services will no longer be available. Nobody wants that. I am sure I can definitely say that everyone wants HEP to continue for many years to come!

I used to apprentice under a very meticulous old timer.
They would come into his stall and ask how much longer it would be before the car was ready.
He would always say.
“Do you want it right or do you want it right now?Because if you want it right now it’s ready you can take it. If you want it right then it’s going to be a while longer”
I don’t know if that is a common phrase or was back then but it always stuck with me. Made so much sense.

#10625 2 years ago

I used to apprentice under a very meticulous old timer.
They would come into his stall and ask how much longer it would be before the car was ready.
He would always say.
“Do you want it right or do you want it right now?Because if you want it right now it’s ready you can take it. If you want it right then it’s going to be a while longer”
I don’t know if that is a common phrase or was back then but it always stuck with me. Made so much sense.

A speed shop near where I grew up had a sign:

GOOD, FAST, CHEAP - PICK ANY TWO

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

A speed shop near where I grew up had a sign:
GOOD, FAST, CHEAP - PICK ANY TWO

The shop by my office has a sign

WE GUARANTEE FAST SERVICE NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES

not really relevant but I like it

#10627 2 years ago

Trying to make some room and organize.
Will be selling anything I don’t truly need.
First up is a brand new wedge head cabinet.
I had two built when I did my C37 project to make it worth the cabinet builders time.
$875 (less than it cost to have designed and CnCed)
Can put it on a pallet.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10628 2 years ago

Got a few packed and ready to go. Then organized all my cabinets and games. Have to shuffle the deck a couple times a year. 8E1E20ED-EDED-4FAE-B7E3-4380FEE7ED43 (resized).jpeg8E1E20ED-EDED-4FAE-B7E3-4380FEE7ED43 (resized).jpeg

832EC136-B1F2-4989-97BB-2591FDD317A4 (resized).jpeg832EC136-B1F2-4989-97BB-2591FDD317A4 (resized).jpeg
#10629 2 years ago

Got a few packed and ready to go. Then organized all my cabinets and games. Have to shuffle the deck a couple times a year. [quoted image]
[quoted image]

You have a few pins waiting for u Chris! Is that a mixture of empty cabinets and full games!

#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You have a few pins waiting for u Chris! Is that a mixture of empty cabinets and full games!

Yeah Always have and do. Admittedly it looks worse than it is though. Pretty much for every game there is also a spare cabinet so 25 games takes about as much space as 50.
I like to secure things like cabinets and playfields as soon as possible no matter how far out the work will be because you never know who will stop building cabinets or what playfields will go out of stock at any time.
I have been through five cabinet builders so far and have seen playfields I thought I could easily get whenever I needed go out of stock for years at a time.

#10631 2 years ago

Yeah Always have and do. Admittedly it looks worse than it is though. Pretty much for every game there is also a spare cabinet so 25 games takes about as much space as 50.
I like to secure things like cabinets and playfields as soon as possible no matter how far out the work will be because you never know who will stop building cabinets or what playfields will go out of stock at any time.
I have been through five cabinet builders so far and have seen playfields I thought I could easily get whenever I needed go out of stock for years at a time.

Wow. Materials are 100% getting harder to find. In your line of work, it needs to be perfect but without having new products available, that would be tough.

#10632 2 years ago

Spent the weekend working on stuff.
From now on it’s motorcycle restorations on the weekends. Pinball restorations during the week.
Started on the 1975 looked good at a distance. E24B404A-BA84-49B4-8583-B8D00C1D56A8 (resized).jpegE24B404A-BA84-49B4-8583-B8D00C1D56A8 (resized).jpeg
If you have an eye for detail then it’s a turd.
Basically like a bad pinball restoration rust gets overlooked things that should be plated are painted silver,things that shouldn’t be painted at all are ,wrong hardware,wrong gloss levels,crappy decals and lousy paint work. Being a butcher is pretty universal I have found.
Oh well I know who to blame. Can’t believe this was done less than two years ago. BE7906E1-67F4-4DF5-B01D-2D2E5F1F2C60 (resized).jpegBE7906E1-67F4-4DF5-B01D-2D2E5F1F2C60 (resized).jpeg
Carburetor was painted black. It was just too much hassle to remove it I guess ?8221BBE1-7329-4DEC-B54B-7C1770A19EC8 (resized).jpeg8221BBE1-7329-4DEC-B54B-7C1770A19EC8 (resized).jpeg
Took a good while to get all that paint out of the crevices but just a few minutes to rebuild it. AEA78893-99FF-40ED-8CC2-D59AF457253C (resized).jpegAEA78893-99FF-40ED-8CC2-D59AF457253C (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10633 2 years ago

Just restoring or prepping as I go.
As I remove parts I get them in order
Next up was the metal. BEAC03EC-048E-4927-B814-E0B53D0C19C3 (resized).jpegBEAC03EC-048E-4927-B814-E0B53D0C19C3 (resized).jpeg
Tank is rusty inside. 5339EEA6-2E02-426C-BC02-B2DF86BE0F1B (resized).jpeg5339EEA6-2E02-426C-BC02-B2DF86BE0F1B (resized).jpeg34722243-5BEF-489C-8537-2E36A6A328BB (resized).jpeg34722243-5BEF-489C-8537-2E36A6A328BB (resized).jpeg
74 wood screws
57 T nuts will act as agitation combined with a filling of evap o rust. 4F7FDF51-74C6-4834-B99E-73219EE77CBA (resized).jpeg4F7FDF51-74C6-4834-B99E-73219EE77CBA (resized).jpeg
Sat over night shook the hell out of it every hour or two. Poured it out. 38CDCD4A-0BBF-4A6D-ABEE-1B886D471F8D (resized).jpeg38CDCD4A-0BBF-4A6D-ABEE-1B886D471F8D (resized).jpeg
Blasted everything. Actually have new front fender
05405B29-0CA0-4BDC-8327-ACDA8F191962 (resized).jpeg05405B29-0CA0-4BDC-8327-ACDA8F191962 (resized).jpeg
226C72D3-2090-42B6-9136-4E5403BC5F81 (resized).jpeg226C72D3-2090-42B6-9136-4E5403BC5F81 (resized).jpeg1006A317-CC80-4AAD-BEB5-8B5A3FABECFD (resized).jpeg1006A317-CC80-4AAD-BEB5-8B5A3FABECFD (resized).jpeg
Rust free now. 43EFC8F0-CF18-4594-A208-E4899052C81E (resized).jpeg43EFC8F0-CF18-4594-A208-E4899052C81E (resized).jpeg
Worth fixing now. 6CA79D3D-C19B-43DB-A88C-BC145E3832CE (resized).jpeg6CA79D3D-C19B-43DB-A88C-BC145E3832CE (resized).jpeg

#10634 2 years ago

There are a few pin holes in the oil and gas tank. These may or may not leak so best to fill them. You can’t trust anything other than metal to hold up to gas and oil.
Filled those.

B6B3371B-4EB4-4653-8815-AC7422CFCF69 (resized).jpegB6B3371B-4EB4-4653-8815-AC7422CFCF69 (resized).jpeg5611A51B-060F-4143-A040-17A49B6BF626 (resized).jpeg5611A51B-060F-4143-A040-17A49B6BF626 (resized).jpeg564FBDE2-97CD-4144-ADC5-B8CFA754F74B (resized).jpeg564FBDE2-97CD-4144-ADC5-B8CFA754F74B (resized).jpegC5680D10-B0D8-4321-AC94-68B8D73564B4 (resized).jpegC5680D10-B0D8-4321-AC94-68B8D73564B4 (resized).jpeg
#10635 2 years ago

Fiberglassed all the deep pits and dents that can’t push out any further. This will definitely make sure everything is sealed.

94677FE1-0967-4792-A3A3-0F4904198F7B (resized).jpeg94677FE1-0967-4792-A3A3-0F4904198F7B (resized).jpeg40CAA63F-472A-408E-856A-AFD2A7A9B536 (resized).jpeg40CAA63F-472A-408E-856A-AFD2A7A9B536 (resized).jpeg66BB94BC-01D5-439A-87DB-B657CFAF935D (resized).jpeg66BB94BC-01D5-439A-87DB-B657CFAF935D (resized).jpeg
#10636 2 years ago

Knocked all that down. Skimmed everything. Blocked it out with a paint paddle wrapped in sandpaper. Slow process but to many curves to do any other way and get it truly straight. Worked the factory seam out across the top.

F02A284B-D13C-466B-9E94-C092B028490F (resized).jpegF02A284B-D13C-466B-9E94-C092B028490F (resized).jpegE868D976-58B4-4EE9-A2B2-FF35228DC845 (resized).jpegE868D976-58B4-4EE9-A2B2-FF35228DC845 (resized).jpeg36BDE7B0-8E6B-43AA-8AFA-FB5781FDC728 (resized).jpeg36BDE7B0-8E6B-43AA-8AFA-FB5781FDC728 (resized).jpegE63AD997-8887-4978-A1D1-C50E1EEA1BCB (resized).jpegE63AD997-8887-4978-A1D1-C50E1EEA1BCB (resized).jpeg1545A01C-7294-4F10-923F-69226C0FA018 (resized).jpeg1545A01C-7294-4F10-923F-69226C0FA018 (resized).jpeg
#10637 2 years ago

Primed everything with two coats of epoxy primer.
That will set until next weekend then I will start painting it. Motor covers will be low gloss black as original and the things previously decaled will be painted instead.

365C5885-FE5C-4A02-837C-F6913706F744 (resized).jpeg365C5885-FE5C-4A02-837C-F6913706F744 (resized).jpegFFC1B209-012A-464E-B8C9-7BB1FD8FC1E7 (resized).jpegFFC1B209-012A-464E-B8C9-7BB1FD8FC1E7 (resized).jpeg4A4DF168-5227-4F5F-8127-75231A161761 (resized).jpeg4A4DF168-5227-4F5F-8127-75231A161761 (resized).jpegF7CB562C-E49C-45B2-B225-DE538758ED42 (resized).jpegF7CB562C-E49C-45B2-B225-DE538758ED42 (resized).jpeg43EF58DE-AD42-4B15-8B79-81C68A1BBA21 (resized).jpeg43EF58DE-AD42-4B15-8B79-81C68A1BBA21 (resized).jpegA86931A1-50C9-4DC3-894D-B70FC70337D6 (resized).jpegA86931A1-50C9-4DC3-894D-B70FC70337D6 (resized).jpeg9434C31D-FEC6-42A1-A53D-811611F5E498 (resized).jpeg9434C31D-FEC6-42A1-A53D-811611F5E498 (resized).jpeg9C22AECE-75E7-4B8C-86E0-764251145BD2 (resized).jpeg9C22AECE-75E7-4B8C-86E0-764251145BD2 (resized).jpeg
#10638 2 years ago

Okay.
I appreciate those not interested suffering through the weekend update. Let’s get back to work.
I have the playfield in the alternate Tommy and I am just about done with it.
It’s been nice having the two side by side.

8EA04EAB-9564-4C68-8B4A-93EA13B7C1FD (resized).jpeg8EA04EAB-9564-4C68-8B4A-93EA13B7C1FD (resized).jpeg7071E124-4703-4CF0-9446-27A798C31B67 (resized).jpeg7071E124-4703-4CF0-9446-27A798C31B67 (resized).jpegEB44397D-C39A-406A-AE8D-3B5B93B0DD64 (resized).jpegEB44397D-C39A-406A-AE8D-3B5B93B0DD64 (resized).jpeg
#10639 2 years ago

“I appreciate those not interested suffering through the weekend update.“

I love the new weekend update!
Great job making “pit bikes” like brand new. Hoping that you will restore a full size bike in the future.

#10640 2 years ago

Looks like the bikes allow you to use some of your skills & tools that pinball may not afford you. Probably a nice change & challenge for you, I would assume.

#10641 2 years ago

I love the weekend motorcycle updates. These would make some great videos too. With your skills, a channel devoted on automobile or motorcycle restoration would get you hundreds of thousands subscribers.

#10642 2 years ago

I had a Yamaha Mx 80 just like the white one you have there. I’ll see if I can find pics.

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I love the weekend motorcycle updates. These would make some great videos too. With your skills, a channel devoted on automobile or motorcycle restoration would get you hundreds of thousands subscribers.

Thanks. I have been capturing this restoration and will probably make a new category on my YouTube channel.

#10644 2 years ago

Getting close to finished with my alternate Tommy.
It’s alive.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10645 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I could watch you do 12 TZs in a row and still be interested...

Well said, same for me!

#10646 2 years ago

Getting close to finished with my alternate Tommy.
It’s alive.

I think the Queen may want this one for the palace.

#10647 2 years ago

First time I’ve noticed, but are there other pins with art in the shooter lane?

#10648 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think the Queen may want this one for the palace.

Or Pete or Roger for their rec rooms!

///Rich

#10649 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First time I’ve noticed, but are there other pins with art in the shooter lane?

Batman '66 has a yellow to red gradient with inset arrow inserts in the shooter lane.

#10650 2 years ago

Alternate Tommy is just about ready.
Made some cap decals since I changed colors.
Actually could not find a source for the originals anyway.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgD515F5B6-8291-4472-9147-147E16856F4B (resized).jpegD515F5B6-8291-4472-9147-147E16856F4B (resized).jpeg02652847-544F-4D49-A40F-A9897FF18BED (resized).jpeg02652847-544F-4D49-A40F-A9897FF18BED (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 14,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 296.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.