IMG_0833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0828 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 295.
#5001 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Do you only stock your wire collection in 18awg? So you don't mind replacing a smaller wire with 18awg as long as they are color correct?

Depends on the application.
Some are exclusively stocked in 18 others exclusively stocked in 22 and there are some color combinations that are stocked in both.
Switches and feature lamps are 22
Coils main runs of GI are generally 18 but sometimes chained with 22.
Grounding sides of coils can sometimes be 22 if not and if color coordination is a concern but I really need a 18 in those cases I will use two 22s that are color correct.

#5002 4 years ago

Working on mini harnesses for the switches on the BSD
Each roll over is done on two Pins regardless of location.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
All wiring is color correct to aid common sense if working on the game. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

The jet switches are done on three pins with leg protection.

Targets are done in a similar way.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5003 4 years ago

chris
when you add the molex connectors, are you standardizing the orientation of your wiring?

with the joust playfield swap, I'm finding that 99% of my connections are of the two wire variety with red and some combination of white, gray, brown, blue or some striped variation. with all of my connectors, I've oriented them so that the [pointed] end of the connector is always red (and I use some variation of pin and socket on the plug or recepticle end

in the event that should someone inadvertently plug the wrong 2 connectors together, it eliminates the potential for shorting out the circuit

#5004 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

chris
when you add the molex connectors, are you standardizing the orientation of your wiring?
with the joust playfield swap, I'm finding that 99% of my connections are of the two wire variety with red and some combination of white, gray, brown, blue or some striped variation. with all of my connectors, I've oriented them so that the [pointed] end of the connector is always red (and I use some variation of pin and socket on the plug or recepticle end
in the event that should someone inadvertently plug the wrong 2 connectors together, it eliminates the potential for shorting out the circuit

Yes I do.

#5005 4 years ago

Just about ready to place the harnesses.
These will be pretty much just a matter of plugging everything together at this point.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5006 4 years ago

BSD playfield is wired
I switched over to the taller playfield resting brackets
I can’t see any reason they should not work but if I run into anything I will let that be known.

I like the higher resting points with this style compared to the original. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Should be particularly advantageous on this side since the pictured coil bracket is taller than the original resting bracket.

#5007 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I enjoyed your interview on Loser Kid podcast.

Same here. A good listen.

#5008 4 years ago

BSD playfield has made it’s way into the cabinet.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5009 4 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Same here. A good listen.

Ditto! I was hoping the interview with Chris was the whole 2 hours! If I was interviewing him it would have been! Thanks for taking the time Chris!

#5010 4 years ago

BSD lives
I think the caps and Lane guides will work well once fully assembled. I like the lighting.
I think blue would have been a better background choice on the plastics instead of purple since the playfield is more blue based but we have to work with what we are given

42A3EDA8-D34D-48E3-9C23-B8635995003D (resized).jpeg42A3EDA8-D34D-48E3-9C23-B8635995003D (resized).jpegF2C3DA7C-49BB-4CB6-B48E-5740E37E6B0A (resized).jpegF2C3DA7C-49BB-4CB6-B48E-5740E37E6B0A (resized).jpeg1051A9A7-EA5D-4325-BD47-49805773D358 (resized).jpeg1051A9A7-EA5D-4325-BD47-49805773D358 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5011 4 years ago

is ron jeremy going back into this BSD or is it being replaced with one of brock's mods? he did a really awesome job on the sculpting (I just wish that he followed through on the flickering torches)

#5012 4 years ago

Not Ron..

A585D86D-82E7-47A3-A695-536D1C4D03C2 (resized).jpegA585D86D-82E7-47A3-A695-536D1C4D03C2 (resized).jpeg
#5013 4 years ago

Since Ron was tied up with Jim we got this guy instead.

62C7D032-5D2E-4DA4-AEBB-8A0BE46F494E (resized).jpeg62C7D032-5D2E-4DA4-AEBB-8A0BE46F494E (resized).jpeg
#5014 4 years ago

Almost there on the BSD. This one has really been dragging out.
Due to corrosion and theme I have shrink tubed(?)all stand offs.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5015 4 years ago

It's one thing to be good at playfield touch ups
It's one thing to be good at clear coating
It's one thing to be good at wiring
It's one thing to be good at cabinet restoration / decals
It's one thing to be good at choosing good beer

It's another level altogether to be good at ALL these things!

Love this thread!

Chris

#5016 4 years ago

BSD is done.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5017 4 years ago

Playfield

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5018 4 years ago

That's bloody beautiful work by HEP once again! Bam Stroker would be proud (spelling on purpose since I here it a lot).

#5019 4 years ago

Inside.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5020 4 years ago

Really kind of amazing watching these come to life. I'm fascinated by the skills coming together and executed so well by one person...the wiring alone is mind bending... and so many different parts... so many different machines and configurations...very well done

#5021 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Really kind of amazing watching these come to life. I'm fascinated by the skills coming together and executed so well by one person...the wiring alone is mind bending... and so many different parts... so many different machines and configurations...very well done

Thank you.
That reminds me about something I meant to do which is mention the Mod father.
He did a great job painting those village buildings.
It is something I could do myself if needed but he does it so well and quickly why bother?!
Thanks Chuck!

#5022 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Thank you.
That reminds me about something I meant to do which is mention the Mod father.
He did a great job painting those village buildings.
It is something I could do myself if needed but he does it so well and quickly why bother?!
Thanks Chuck!

I really like the shrink on standoff trick!

Shrink comes in many colors.

I can see infinite possibilities with this.

Thanks.

#5024 4 years ago

Inside.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is burning your brand into the playfield your favorite part of the restore? Probably elicits a real sense of accomplishment and pride, I would assume.

#5025 4 years ago

Such an awesome looking BSD. Love the small touches, like the black buttons with red inserts.

#5026 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is burning your brand into the playfield your favorite part of the restore? Probably elicits a real sense of accomplishment and pride, I would assume.

It is in the top five. When I get to that point I know I am almost done.

#5027 4 years ago

Time to start setting up the next games.
Right now I am actively working on the following
Spirit 2
Spirit 3
HG 2
TOTAN
Radical
Fathom
POTO

Of those TOTAN and HG 2 are ready to start closing out.

The weird thing is that means it is time to actually set them up
TOTAN on legs it’s a rough one.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5028 4 years ago

TOTAN on legs it’s a rough one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not for long!

Chris

#5029 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is burning your brand into the playfield your favorite part of the restore?

It is in the top five.

Depositing the customer's check in the bank is probably number one.

#5030 4 years ago

Random question out of sheer curiosity - how long does it take to go through (or play) the game to make sure all the switches are adjusted properly, pops are registering strong, etc. I've never restored a game but I can assume that is a time consuming pain to go through and make sure it plays great in addition to looking great.

#5031 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Random question out of sheer curiosity - how long does it take to go through (or play) the game to make sure all the switches are adjusted properly, pops are registering strong, etc. I've never restored a game but I can assume that is a time consuming pain to go through and make sure it plays great in addition to looking great.

Some take minutes others hours. In the past it could take days and be frustrating but I learned to really pay close attention to certain processes and make it very serviceable during the build.
This takes much more time and effort on the front end but saves a ton of time and aggravation on the back end.
One of the worst things to have to do is to take a game halfway apart after assembling in order to adjust a ball guide or replace a switch so I automatically just replace,adjust and check the flow of everything as I place it instead of just slamming it together and trying to figure out what’s wrong later.
By doing that I rarely if ever have to remove any parts after the build nor spend countless hours troubleshooting.

#5032 4 years ago

The only thing missing is the Willuams/Bally serial tags inside the cabinet and on back side.

#5033 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The only thing missing is the Willuams/Bally serial tags inside the cabinet and on back side.

I quit using those. I am working on developing my own
The reason is that besides the originality aspect of it they are kind of pointless here.
What would be better is something that gives it a more accurate born on type of date once it has been done.

#5034 4 years ago

HG new cabinet is up on four legs. Well kind of.

#5035 4 years ago

I heard that chris has top men working on it

top men!

#5036 4 years ago

BSD is packed and ready to go across the country.

AAD366E1-BDF1-4F71-A9F7-9092E833390F (resized).jpegAAD366E1-BDF1-4F71-A9F7-9092E833390F (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5037 4 years ago

Got Spirit 1 packed and ready to also cross the country.

259AA1DE-194E-49BA-A438-A0A34B0B53BD (resized).jpeg259AA1DE-194E-49BA-A438-A0A34B0B53BD (resized).jpeg572604E0-83A9-46F1-B0BB-74A447A3EC19 (resized).jpeg572604E0-83A9-46F1-B0BB-74A447A3EC19 (resized).jpeg
#5038 4 years ago

Now I will spend a quiet evening with Basic
Becky.
She is new around here

874B7DB1-0CD5-4950-B38C-16F0380DB2EB (resized).jpeg874B7DB1-0CD5-4950-B38C-16F0380DB2EB (resized).jpegE0F6D4C2-9A26-4F45-99EB-7FD86380294A (resized).jpegE0F6D4C2-9A26-4F45-99EB-7FD86380294A (resized).jpeg
#5039 4 years ago

Some take minutes others hours. In the past it could take days and be frustrating but I learned to really pay close attention to certain processes and make it very serviceable during the build.
This takes much more time and effort on the front end but saves a ton of time and aggravation on the back end.
One of the worst things to have to do is to take a game halfway apart after assembling in order to adjust a ball guide or replace a switch so I automatically just replace,adjust and check the flow of everything as I place it instead of just slamming it together and trying to figure out what’s wrong later.
By doing that I rarely if ever have to remove any parts after the build nor spend countless hours troubleshooting.

When I was an electrical apprentice I had a Foreman that would say" Bluff the rough, face the finish". It's another cheesy construction saying, but it rings true through all trades. Preparation is everything. This is my favorite Pinside thread, please keep it up.

#5040 4 years ago

Radical cabinet is ready for rebuild.
Braided image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Cabinet protectors

#5041 4 years ago

Radical lower up on 4 legs with rails.
Gloss black was the requested trim.
Works pretty good. Blends n and let’s the art pop out a bit more.
I had thought about painting a set of legs to match the yellow stripe and pattern since I could match that 100% and they are at the leg locations anyway but then thought” why continue to torture myself?”

#5042 4 years ago

Cabinet protectors

Do you cut the decal around the protectors to provide relief and prevent wrinkles?

#5043 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Do you cut the decal around the protectors to provide relief and prevent wrinkles?

Yes on decaled cabinets. Not on this one though because the repairs around the legs have already solved the problem.

#5044 4 years ago

Also requested on the Radical and now installed are inside decals.

6BF5CC24-F298-4AFF-A07B-38AF20910318 (resized).jpeg6BF5CC24-F298-4AFF-A07B-38AF20910318 (resized).jpeg
#5046 4 years ago

Head is now built and placed on the Radical lower.
Found a pretty nice matching blue t moving.

#5047 4 years ago

Broke out the GI BCS and grabbed my board.
Probably a bad combo.
9A70986E-D125-4F3A-BC8D-83D5D9FF3747 (resized).jpeg9A70986E-D125-4F3A-BC8D-83D5D9FF3747 (resized).jpegA23050C8-91E1-4C0E-958A-C5626264E42C (resized).jpegA23050C8-91E1-4C0E-958A-C5626264E42C (resized).jpeg086AF9E9-0889-46E3-B2BB-88EF8FF4C4D5 (resized).jpeg086AF9E9-0889-46E3-B2BB-88EF8FF4C4D5 (resized).jpeg

#5048 4 years ago

Broke out the GI and grabbed my board.
Probably a bad combo.

Especially right next to that nice looking cabinet job!

#5049 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Especially right next to that nice looking cabinet job!

Yeah. We decided it would be less risky indoors for Maverick to skate.
He picked right up on that even knew when to bail.

EAC49DE6-6A79-4A08-A884-4D0718567BCF.gifEAC49DE6-6A79-4A08-A884-4D0718567BCF.gif
#5050 4 years ago

Love It! I am a big Maverick fan. See ya in a couple weeks! -Skip-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 295.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/101?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.