IMG_4708 (resized).JPG
IMG_4707 (resized).JPG
IMG_4706 (resized).JPG
IMG_4705 (resized).JPG
IMG_4704 (resized).JPG
IMG_4703 (resized).JPG
IMG_4701 (resized).JPG
IMG_4699 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

HEP - Scared Stiff

Featured Ad

Added: 2018-07-20 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (December 27th, 2020) • Ended: May 6th, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 10,700 (OBO)

Open for offers

HEP Restored
Orig Cabinet with New Decals
New NOS (Original PlayField) Cleared by HEP
Beautiful example

No Trades

Need to thin out

Item photos

IMG_4715 (resized).JPG
IMG_4714 (resized).JPG
IMG_4712 (resized).JPG
IMG_4711 (resized).JPG
IMG_4710 (resized).JPG
IMG_4709 (resized).JPG
IMG_4708 (resized).JPG
IMG_4707 (resized).JPG
IMG_4706 (resized).JPG
IMG_4705 (resized).JPG
IMG_4704 (resized).JPG
IMG_4703 (resized).JPG
IMG_4701 (resized).JPG
IMG_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_4698 (resized).JPG
IMG_4697 (resized).JPG
IMG_4696 (resized).JPG
IMG_4695 (resized).JPG
IMG_4694 (resized).JPG
IMG_4693 (resized).JPG
IMG_4692 (resized).JPG
IMG_4691 (resized).JPG
IMG_4690 (resized).JPG
IMG_4689 (resized).JPG
IMG_4688 (resized).JPG
IMG_4687 (resized).JPG
IMG_4686 (resized).JPG
IMG_4685 (resized).JPG
IMG_4684 (resized).JPG
IMG_4683 (resized).JPG
IMG_4682 (resized).JPG
IMG_4681 (resized).JPG
IMG_4680 (resized).JPG
IMG_4679 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4677 (resized).JPG
IMG_4676 (resized).JPG
IMG_4675 (resized).JPG
IMG_4674 (resized).JPG
IMG_4673 (resized).JPG
IMG_4672 (resized).JPG
IMG_4671 (resized).JPG
IMG_1807 (resized).JPG
IMG_1808 (resized).JPG
IMG_1809 (resized).JPG
IMG_1810 (resized).JPG
IMG_1811 (resized).JPG
IMG_1812 (resized).JPG
IMG_1813 (resized).JPG
IMG_1814 (resized).JPG
IMG_1815 (resized).JPG
IMG_1816 (resized).JPG
IMG_1817 (resized).JPG
IMG_1818 (resized).JPG
IMG_1819 (resized).JPG
IMG_1820 (resized).JPG
IMG_1821 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1824 (resized).JPG
IMG_1825 (resized).JPG
IMG_1826 (resized).JPG
IMG_1827 (resized).JPG
IMG_1828 (resized).JPG
IMG_1808 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are HellCat's market stats.

silver Seller Level

HellCat has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to HellCat's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Charlotte, NC, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

£ 38.00
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 37.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11 months later
#2 4 years ago

Nice looking game. You have a lot of neat stuff for sale.

#4 4 years ago

This is a smokin deal. There is no way I would sell this machine this cheap. Somebody better jump on this soon.

#5 4 years ago

Ohhh...if only you could wait until I sold my game.....

#6 4 years ago

I was thinkin that too!

#7 4 years ago

Very nice but having been listed for 11 months without a sale is indicative of the market. If this is someones grail than this is a no brainer.

#8 4 years ago

Screamin' deal for a HEP restored example!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

If this is someones grail than this is a no brainer.

That's the idea!

#10 4 years ago

I have been asked about it a few times.
Mostly when it was done since it lacks some key HEP markers.
If you look at the tag on the lockbar you will see the initials CWH this indicates it was done around 2005 or 2006.
Probably one of the very first restorations for hire I had done at that time.

$9500 for a SS with an original cabinet in nice shape and a NOS playfield that has been in a collection for at least 13 or 14 years is a nice deal IMO.

#11 4 years ago

Too bad there is a little fade in the decals but still very nice after all these years!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Too bad there is a little fade in the decals

Those decals are not faded. Elvira on the front is supposed to be that color. The sides are perfect.

#13 4 years ago

Someone has to purchase this machine to pair with the upcoming Elvira 3 - it's the right thing to do...

#14 4 years ago

So, it sat for 11 months with zero messages in this thread, and all of a sudden now it's on fire with attention.....interesting.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, it sat for 11 months with zero messages in this thread, and all of a sudden now it's on fire with attention.....interesting

The OP just listed a HEP whirlwind, which led me to look through his other for sale ads and I saw this one. A HEP Scared Stiff (even twelve plus years old) is a nice thing to find sub 10k.

#16 4 years ago

Agreed this seems like a pretty good deal especially when you compare it to the WW HEP at 13k+ (which is overpriced imo). SS is valued much higher than WW

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Those decals are not faded. Elvira on the front is supposed to be that color. The sides are perfect.

No, that is fade on the Elvira on the front as it should be dark red along with the eyes which on this game are yellow. I bought my SS NIB, always in a downstairs game room as no sun light has ever hit the cabinet and mine are dark red.

#18 4 years ago
dc9c4ba37807af3e5cfe26ae4e88f09f68b291e3 (resized).jpgdc9c4ba37807af3e5cfe26ae4e88f09f68b291e3 (resized).jpgimage-110 (resized).jpgimage-110 (resized).jpg
#19 4 years ago

Front is definitely faded if you like at the eyes and compare to the other. Still if I was looking for this title I'd consider this one for sure, I'm sure it's in great shape otherwise.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed this seems like a pretty good deal especially when you compare it to the WW HEP at 13k+ (which is overpriced imo). SS is valued much higher than WW

I actually think the WW is the better value of the two knowing the differences and build qualities.
System 11 games in the type of condition the WW is in are not to be found they have to be built.
Quality cost money and it isn’t based on titles it is based on materials and effort. Much more material and effort went into the WW than the SS and if you know what you are looking at it really shows. The titles become irrelevant to me though because they are all built about the same.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I actually think the WW is the better value of the two knowing the differences and build qualities.
System 11 games in the type of condition the WW is in are not to be found they have to be built.
Quality cost money and it isn’t based on titles it is based on materials and effort. Much more material and effort went into the WW than the SS and if you know what you are looking at it really shows. The titles become irrelevant to me though because they are all built about the same.

Yeah I hear you. I'm basing my opinion on market value of these games not quality of the materials they were originally built with. For example SS sells easily in the 6k-7.5 range while ww I think is more 2-4k based on condition

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I hear you. I'm basing my opinion on market value of these games not quality of the materials they were originally built with. For example SS sells easily in the 6k-7.5 range while ww I think is more 2-4k based on condition

The market is definitely title driven which can be hard to navigate when you start having 5 figure games. Some based on title others based on quality or rarity of the quality for the title.
The issue I find is the automatic acceptance of some titles even with lower quality(IPB BBB for example)verses a more common title but with a much higher build quality(HEP WW)
The reality is the IPB BBB is trading hands at a much higher mark up and is much more common than the HEP WW but due to the perception it would seem one is more justified than the other when it truly is not.
That is just my take on a personal level not a shot at anything or anyone and not a price pump. I got my money out of that Whirlwind when I did it so whether it sells for $5k or $50k I am out :-)It is just a different perspective than the norm based on what I have seen and experienced doing this.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

that is fade on the Elvira on the front as it should be dark red along with the eyes which on this game are yellow. I bought my SS NIB, always in a downstairs game room as no sun light has ever hit the cabinet and mine are dark red.

Big deal my game is HUO and it has never seen any sunlight and it looks just like that. This an HEP game why on earth
Would that be faded? It is probably just the lighting.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The market is definitely title driven which can be hard to navigate when you start having 5 figure games. Some based on title others based on quality or rarity of the quality for the title.
The issue I find is the automatic acceptance of some titles even with lower quality(IPB BBB for example)verses a more common title but with a much higher build quality(HEP WW)
The reality is the IPB BBB is trading hands at a much higher mark up and is much more common than the HEP WW but due to the perception it would seem one is more justified than the other when it truly is not.
That is just my take on a personal level not a shot at anything or anyone and not a price pump. I got my money out of that Whirlwind when I did it so whether it sells for $5k or $50k I am out :-)It is just a different perspective than the norm based on what I have seen and experienced doing this.

It's an interesting point. If you look at the collectible currency market, where everything is graded (I assume coins, are the same), there are a number of examples where a particular bill is relatively common in mid level grades but extraordinarily rare in the highest grades. These examples command a premium. Now there are certainly other factors like overall desirability of a note that increase value but in that market, rarity is a function of how many are available in a given grade. I guess with pinball people figure 'well, I can always find a WW and have HEP restore it' Of course, then the question becomes: at what cost?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This an HEP game why on earth Would that be faded? It is probably just the lighting.

This makes no sense - why would you assume that HEP games don't fade for some reason? As far as I know, there is no "anti-fader" installed. Being HEP makes zero difference for that.

#26 4 years ago

Just an opinion. This is a straight up Awesome seller and a Great guy to work with. His collection and personality was one of the best I have ever worked with. I can not say enough about Jim and just to see his collection and how he takes care of them would make anyone agree. I could hung out with him for a week just a cool guy. I will also bet while this is an older restore he works WAY to hard to actually play the games which is sad. Also the reason he has games listed so long he is Rarely on this forum. GLWS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 249.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

£ 37.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 39.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-scared-stiff?hl=exgametrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.