Topic Stats

• 604 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mschonbrun
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,318 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

096E16E2-E2B1-41F8-84A0-332FE049489E (resized).jpeg
IMG_7181 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

And another noob question here:
I see you using different techniques like painting, powdercoating and etching.
What’s etching? Sometimes you still paint over it afterwards. Why not paint straight on the material?

Metal needs to be etched with an etching primer first or paints may not adhere properly and eventually peel off.

#163 1 year ago

The dragon wings alone show a level of artisan craft that frankly can't be taught, only built over many years. Super impressed with that work. Also even more impressive to know that when successful, work like that looks more original/intentional than repros, and thus may be unnoticed by client! The better the work, the more it seems like it's intended from factory.

Integrity is making the right decisions even when no one is watching.

2 weeks later
#511 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Yeah that is what I should do but I just don’t have time to deal with it.
Outing someone publicly rarely goes well for anyone involved from what I have seen unless it is something really substantial.
I have had some serious shit happen to me over my 45 years so some lousy powder coating doesn’t even register on the anger meter

When you polish out the defects, what's your normal process? An orbital polisher with various polishing compounds? Or do you wet sand with high grits?

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from swillie:

These simple little details I bet most would not think of... the perfectionism is impressive. Thanks for sharing you're skills and techniques. Doubt I will ever restore a pin but these threads make me want to try.

I remember thinking I wouldn’t ever do it. LOL. Oh well, can’t close that door now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside